Chapter 28 : Trap or mad luck

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was silence.

 

Eyes were staring back at each other while the awkward atmosphere continued on. The mysterious house hiding behind the shadows had yet again invited in a new guest to take a seat on the couch in its living room. However, it was different this time around. The usual welcome wasn't there. Instead there was doubt, worry and a pinch of untold gladness that came with the surprise of seeing him sitting there unharmed.

 

Suho with the rest stood opposite Kris, a tall man with a beige trench coat on his larger body (compared to the others) with curled up hair and perfect facial features, who was told to take a seat in the living room.

They watched him take a look at the place and smile, almost like a smirk.

 

"This place hasn't changed at all...," Kris spoke with a clear voice ,"...Feels like it was only yesterday I was here with Luhan--"

"I heard you went to the clinic on your way here," Lay said most unexpectedly.

"Oh yeah, I remembered that place from long ago. Song Qian is her name, isn't it? I never properly got to meet her. I figured you guys must have gone there, and then I remembered this place...And hey! here you are!"

 

He finished with a squeak and continued looking around to finally stop at his mates standing in front of him without a word in return.

"Please sit. I don't want to feel like I am being interrogated. But then again you guys were never good at interrogating anyway, eh?" Kris laughed at his own words and tried loosening the mood. Instead he got blank stares and Baekhyun just shaking his head following, 

"This hyung's jokes are still bad. Hyung, let's not try making weird jokes, okay?"

 

"Yah Baekhyun, how could you say that to a person who you thought was dead, huh? You should come and hug me out! Tell me you guys are happy to see me alive--"

 

"Why would we think you would be dead?" Suho suddenly asked silencing Kris.

"Isn't it obvious? The hunters want us dead. I thought most of you must be about to draw your last breadth, until some of you appeared in front of me and tried kidnapping! And not to mention Kai appearing out of the blue last time at the airport..." Kris then stood up and moved closer to them gesturing Lay to move aside to see Jongin sitting at the corner out of the scene.

"...Hey you," Kris spoke to Jongin pointing at him, "Do you know how dangerous it could get if someone caught you teleporting from place to place on camera?"

Jongin just made a face and looked away making Kris sigh in frustration.

 

"This brat! Yah, pay attention to me when I'm talking!--"

Kris couldn't finish making Jongin look to him for Lay had already walked up to Kris and made him sit back down on the couch.

 

"Why are you guys being so weird?!" Kris asked letting Lay push him to sit.

"Because you are acting weird. Everyone else was brainwashed and didn't know who they were when we found them except for you. You knew us and yet when we came to you you ran away. And forgive me for saying this but it didn't seem like you were making any effort to find us either," Suho replied more elaborately than expected leaving the rest to exchange looks as that same awkward silence took over again.

 

Kris smirked as a reply. Looked away feeling frustrated and finally looked back.

"You think I wasn't looking for you guys? The entire reason as to why I'm even here promoting a bloody movie is because of you!..."

Kris shouted but no one was still convinced enough.

"... After the hunters injected us we ran away. We ended up in China. I didn't know what to do. I kept seeing the hunters trailing me everywhere and the only way to make them stay away from me was to constantly be surrounded by people. And I went back to the studio I was working in two years ago, signed up as an actor and started doing things, and before I knew it I had to choose between doing a lead role that could possibly make me come here or another supporting character--"

 

"Wait...You lost me at 'we'," D.O, who was silent throughout, spoke up for the first time.

But Kris sulked at this.

"'We' as in me and... Luhan. We both got caught together."

"Wait a minute..." Suho lift up his hand and stopped Kris asking, "...So Luhan is with you too then?"

 

"He was, before he went on his own looking for the one person who he's always taken care of," Kris said in low voice avoiding the topic.

"So, he's in his right mind as well? Where is he now? How did this even happen? I'm sorry but I feel like there is a lot missing in your story. I cannot even begin to believe that this is you sitting over here," Suho was beginning to be restless making Xiumin walk out of the scene and Baekhyun take a seat next to Jongin at the corner.

 

"He's hiding something. He's not going to spill that easily... So, when can I go home?" Jongin whispered to Baekhyun while Baekhyun made a face at his question and looked ahead. Even the relaxed Baekhyun was beginning to feel tensed and frustrated.

 

"Guys, let's take a break. Kris, just think about it for a minute..." Lay said patting Kris on his shoulder.

"I don't need to think--" Kris retorted yet Lay continued.

"...Just think about it. We are all tired. Let's take a break, okay?"

 

Lay went towards Suho and took him away to the kitchen eyeing Baekhyun who was sitting with Jongin at the corner.

Baekhyun gave a nod at Lay and kept his eyes glued onto Kris who sulked once more and had his head buried on his knees feeling frustrated.

 

"Something must have happened...," D.O came closer to Lay's ear while walking out of the living room, "...It's not like he doesn't trust us. He came here knowing it could be either a trap or mad luck. And since it turned out that we are in our right minds he's avoiding something."

 

Lay nodded as a reply and took a final look at Kris sitting uncomfortably silently staring at the ceiling.

 

 

***

 

Seulgi cleaned off the mess in the living room and came to the kitchen to see Sehun still at the sink washing dishes.

 

Why is he still washing dishes?  What? Does he suddenly fancy cleaning stuff up?

 

Seulgi questioned as she walked up to Sehun looked at him in the eye, reached out for the trash can and threw the garbage she collected up before in to it.

 

Strange...

Seulgi made a face at him while Sehun kept scrubbing that one dish over and over again although it was sparkly clean by now.

 

But Seulgi didn't question no more. She went ahead out of the kitchen and back in to the living room to spot Taemin snore loudly and struggle on the tiny couch.

Seulgi looked at the clock and it was already getting very late. None of the residents at Xiumin's house was back like they promised and it didn't seem like they would be sending Jongin back anytime sooner either.

 

"Taemin..." Seulgi slightly shook him trying to wake him up,"...Lee Taemin"

There was no answer but a tiny grunt from the solidified body resting peacefully on Seulgi's living room couch all cuddled up.

"...Taemin, it doesn't seem like Jongin is going to come back anytime soon. It's already late. You have to go home," Seulgi said continuously poking and shaking Taemin slightly.

 

But there was no reply. He just pushed off Seulgi's hand and turned around making half of his body jut out until he finally lost balance and crashed on to the ground.

Seulgi stood there looking at him grab the carpet on the floor and go back to staying still again. She gave out a frustrated sigh.

 

"Let him be. He'll pass as company to keep you from being alone," Seulgi heard Sehun mumble.

She immediately looked back and saw him turn around and go back to the kitchen.

 

But Seulgi didn't listen to Sehun. She went on ahead and started to shake Taemin and get him to wake up.

"Wake up, Taemin-ah. You can't stay here all night..."

 

But it was no use. The more she bothered him, the more he seemed to fall deeply asleep. 

Seulgi finally gave up and sat next to him on the floor. She watched him sleep but her mind was else where. She was wondering as to what was happening at the last house she delivered milk to.

With that she spent almost an hour in silence till she finally let her head rest on the small table just for a few minutes.

 

But her body made her wake up. And she shook her head to reality to see that she was still sitting next to Taemin. 

However, the unusual deadly silence compared to when she first let her head rest, made her pupils narrow.

The next second she was up on her feet and sprinting to the kitchen.

 

And just as she feared there was no one there. Not even a ghost.

She briskly walked to the other rooms and checked each of them while she felt her blood turning in to water.

 

Her knees were beginning to hit against each other as she finally came back to the living room to see just Taemin grunting on the floor covered up by the carpet.

 

I'm positive he was here just minutes ago...

 

Seulgi suddenly grabbed her jacket resting by the edge and went to the door for she was beginning to feel extremely afraid. Her instincts were telling her to do what ever to find him. She was beginning to feel terrified; terrified of losing him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter