Chapter 13 : The non-believer

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He held onto Sehun's temples very gently.

 

Taking small breadths in-between, Lay stayed seated closing his eyes, at the corner of a bed on which Sehun lay silently.

Sehun was beaten up massively. His eye was slightly blue and his face was covered in bruises and mud mixed with blood.

While Lay was doing the healing for Sehun from the inside, Xiumin sat next to Sehun cleaning him up with a warm wet cloth from the outside.

Lay kept sighing.

And Xiumin finally decided to ask,

"Is everything okay with him?"

 

Lay opened his eyes slowly and shook his head saying, "It's always harder trying to argue with the poison to detach itself from our blood. Don't worry I'll be done in a few minutes."

 

 

While Xiumin and Lay were looking after Sehun, Suho was under pressure in the living room, while staring at D.O trying to track people down.

"I...I can't. I don't know where he is..." D.O kept muttering.

 

Suho had surprisingly managed to hold onto his old self while he sat there and asked D.O once more, "It's okay. If you could try once more...just once. It's my fault that I wasn't more careful with Kai."

"I'm sorry, hyung. My powers are a mess these days. It's my fault really. We knew Kai was going to teleport sooner or later and I should have been ready when he did so eventually"

 

"But it's not just Kai that teleported now, was it?" Suho said while looking at his feet knowing that this time around they had got a human involved in it as well.

"I don't know how Seulgi got there though. She probably followed us and kept her distance. I guess I was too busy to notice her," D.O said remembering that he too was surprised to find Seulgi with Kai that night.

"What about Baekhyun? I heard from Lay that he was there," Suho asked feeling kind of lonely that the usual loud noises were missing.

 

D.O raised his brows and looked at Suho saying, "I guess he just needs time to calm down. We weren't exactly very truthful with him either. But he is more loyal than anyone I know. He'll come back"

"Even if he plans on coming back, I will go get him. Just tell me when you find out where he is. I'll go get him. We have to go get all of them back home," Suho said most ardently looking at his restless feet.

 

 

***

 

 Seulgi opened her eyes and stayed a bit while her vision adjusted and the background started sinking into her mind. She stood up looking around at the unfamiliar place puzzled that it was not her room that she intended on waking up in the morning to.

"Oh yes, Jongin," she whispered to herself and rushed out of the small room and into the tiny hallway.

The happenings from before she went to bed started flooding in to her brain now as she remembered how she spent all day and night talking with Taek Woon about the so called 'aliens' who weren't exactly aliens at all.

 

While she walked down the hallway, it started hitting her that all that happened was indeed true and that it was not a dream in anyway. As of now she wished that it was a 'bad dream' just as how Lay asked her to think of their meetings from back when she could have completely avoided getting entagled in their story. But it was too late now.

 

She was in a foreign country with Jongin who teleported there with her.

She gulped seeing the door of the room where Jongin was put to sleep in.

She turned the door knob and opened it very slowly imagining what to say to him if he was awake. She wanted to go home immediately. However, she knew that it wasn't the first thing she should say to him.

 

"Jongin..." Seulgi peeped in half way through to see that there was no Jongin in the room. She barged in at once and searched the tiny place, but there was no Jongin at all.

 

"Oh no..."

Seulgi ran out and down the stairs thinking of many possibilities of what could have happened.

 

"Taek Woon-ssi! MInhyuk-ssi!" She barely shouted with her shaky voice.

She was about to run to the front door when Minhyuk appeared in front of her with a questionable face.

"What?"

 

"Jongin...Jong...I mean Kai...Where is he? He's not there."

Seulgi waited. Minhyuk's cheery face turned sour as he slowly diverged his gaze to the floor.

"Minhyuk-ssi?" Seulgi asked seeing the drastic change in expressions.

 

"He's...He's gone," Minhyuk finished with a slight sob.

 

Seulgi froze and could only see Jongin teleporting away once more, but without her this time.

"You mean he disappeared...teleported away again?" Seulgi asked beginning to shake.

Minhyuk looked at her with sad eyes and nodded saying,

"Yes, he...he...," and Minhyuk suddenly cracked a smile and said, "...Just kidding. He's at the back garden with Taek woon-nim. Here, let me take you there."

 

Seulgi took a minute to realize that Minhyuk was just messing with her before.

Minhyuk grabbed her hand and led her out through the back door while Seulgi managed to calm down and tell Minhyuk,

"You shouldn't do that, you know?" while Minhyuk gave out a hysterical laugh. 

 

"Why not? You actually believe this Woon-nim is saying? About that Kai guy being a person from a parallel reality? Let me warn you that people here used to think he was on drugs once and then thought he was just going mad because his family is gone and he's never had an actual girlfriend or any of that sort ever. Loneliness drives people nuts..." Minhyuk chatted away.

However, Seulgi knew that Taek Woon was not insane or making it up for if he was mad, like how the folks here believed him to be, she would also be mad.

 

Minhyuk walked her to the back garden that was not a garden at all. It was closed building almost the same size of the house that she was inside of a minute ago.

"I thought you said garden?" Seulgi asked looking at the dull walls of the place with one large door in the middle almost like a barn except there were no windows or anything.

 

"Oh yeah, Woon-nim apparently built four walls and a roof over the garden to protect it from the world..." Minhyuk said in the most sarcastic tone ever.

"...Apparently this garden was created out of pure energy by one of Kai's friends. The plants in it never once withered away or ever needed to be watered or needed sunshine or anything!- says Woon-nim."

Seulgi watched as Minhyuk rolled his eyes as they reached the large door.

Unknowingly, Seulgi's heart was racing for she had already witnessed such a garden before. The sudden transformation of the garden at the mysterious house crossed her mind a multiple times and she knew that whatever Minhyuk believed to be untrue was all indeed true to it's last word.

 

The door opened and Minhyuk let Seulgi step in.

"I have to go back. Don't worry, Taek Woon-nim and Kai-ssi are definitely inside."

 

Seulgi watched as Minhyuk closed the door behind her and for the first time she looked up to see greenery flourishing and nourishing the dull walls from the inside. Bulks of Sakura flowers pouring out from trees upon trees that stood in complete confusion. She thought it would be a small dark place, but it was lit up in every direction possible. The sweet fragrance of flowers wrapped her up and boggled her mind.

She took small steps in complete awe as a small blue butterfly crossed her in a complete hurry. Her eyes were too busy seeing so much of pure beauty laid down in front of her. She heard the slight sound of water trickling by and walked her way to the small pond that lay there with tiny blue and silver fish that glistened in the small rays of sun shine that had escaped through the openings up on the roof that was being eaten up by the vines that ran all the way up there.

 

She walked slowly with open.

 

This is definitely the work of a genius... 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter