Chapter 39 : Electricity

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho watched Lay and Song Qian laugh out loud in the small lobby area. Both Suho and Lay had gone to visit Song Qian at the clinic since she was going to leave to China the very evening and only come back three months after. They went there to show their gratefulness towards her for she had helped them immensely numerous times without hesitating even a bit.

Suho smiled seeing the two talk happily in the lobby and picked up one of the boxes that was packed and was kept to be stored away, and walked off leaving Lay with Song Qian.

"Three months of boredom," Song Qian rolled her eyes.

"Your grandmother wants you to visit her so you shouldn't say that!" Lay spoke back helping with the rest of the packing. The animal clinic was almost cleaned empty and they were just being done with last few things that needed to be stored away before all the furniture were covered in polythene and the clinic was closed away.

"Remember, once I promised to take you to my grandmother when we were dating back then?" Song Qian asked playfully to which Lay retorted,

"Yeah, the next day you found out I was keeping secrets from you and you broke up with me...My life in this reality is so sad. I even got dumped by a girl, whereas back home I was treated like a prince!"

"You, a prince? Well, at least it proves that girls in this reality has better eye sight."

They were back at it again. They were playing with each other like they always used to. Both were enjoying these little moments with each other for they knew that this might even be the last day they would see each other again and they didn't want to waste it. And neither did they express their true feelings for each other, maybe because those feelings have been suppressed for a long time that they didn't feel like those were needed to be said out loud anymore and that they would make no difference anyway.

 

The same thoughts were going through Jongin's mind as well. For a person who was on the clock, his first instinct was to do everything he wanted to before he, Jongin, would disappear. But thinking again he thought of just letting everything be as it was for he didn't want to cause confusion and pain to that special person he was constantly thinking about.

However, amidst thinking that he should lay low, he couldn't help but get excited when the car drove up to the apartment complex she stayed at. He was thrilled to the point he automatically teleported out of the car before it even stopped and appeared in front of the stair case seeing Seulgi sitting on the steps hugging her legs.

Seulgi seemed to have been waiting for Baekhyun, who promised her that he'd come, for a long time, that she looked quite tired.

But after seeing Jongin appear in front of her out of the blue, her face changed and she looked up at him with big eyes.

Jongin stayed there frozen, making Seulgi stand up awkwardly wondering whether something had happened.

But seeing Baekhyun running in from a side with Sehun following him, she was left dumbfounded.

"Seul!" Baekhyun let out an awkward shout trying to lift up the mood but the pin drop silence ultimately left Baekhyun to shut his mouth.

Sehun looked up at Seulgi, who seemed a bit too flustered not knowing what to do. And seeing that not even Baekhyun was finding it easy to come up with how to explain this whole situation, Sehun just spoke out,

"Let's go. We heard Seungwan ran away. Let's go find her."

Sehun immediately turned around hoping the others would follow but Seulgi spoke back in a shaky voice,

"But...It's okay, really. I can go look for her on my own. You guys should go back. I didn't think all of you would be coming--"

Seulgi almost jumped as Jongin came to her and grabbed her hand.

"We already came this far so let's at least look for her for a couple of hours..." Seemed like Jongin wasn't joking and he pulled her with him taking a few steps in front. However, he let go of her hand gently as she reached Baekhyun for he just couldn't hold onto her without looking nervous and he didn't want it to be too obvious.

Baekhyun immediately held onto Seulgi as Jongin let her go and whispered to her, "Seul! Trust me when I say I didn't drag them along. They wanted to come! Bunch of weirdos."

"But you shouldn't have!" Seulgi whispered back to him but the both of them fell silent as Jongin turned back annoyed and pointed at the two holding onto each other.

"Also, why do you two keep talking to each other on the phone? Are you two... secretly dating or something?!"

Seulgi looked back at Jongin bewildered, while Baekhyun, who was first surprised at the sudden question, scoffed right away in a low voice, "Well, if we are, it's nice to know that someone is there who's jealous of it."

Not giving Jongin a chance to retort, Baekhyun dragged Seulgi with him and quickly ran to the car that was parked down the lane, passing Sehun, who awkwardly looked back at Jongin, who seemed to have started to punch his mouth with his fist.

 

But it was not until when Seulgi got closer to the car did she actually feel very disappointed and angry at Baekhyun. Seeing D.O behind the wheel looking dull as ever, Seulgi found it hard not to grab Baekhyun by his collar.

"You brought him too?!"

"NO! Trust me when I say they all wanted to come! I had nothing to do with them barging in on the plan. I'm innocent!"

 

***

 

Chanyeol walked out of the car feeling more suspicious compared to feeling trustworthy looking at Johnny's confident face.

The three of them have reached a tall, well maintained building after listening to Johnny's directions, and were prepared to go in.

The security guard at the front asked them what their business was and Johnny stepped up to go talk to him having Chanyeol and Wendy standing there clueless.

It took a few moments before they found themselves inside the building which seemed to be rather packed than what it looked from the outside, which was deserted.

The place looked like a hotel inside, not one of the luxurious ones though, with a reception in front checking in people and porters taking in luggages.

"What's this place?" Chanyeol asked Wendy, who got closer to him seeing a man pass by her slightly knocking on her arm.

"I don't know. This isn't my area of expertise."

Wendy answered and watched Chanyeol stand up straight after basically bending down in two to listen to her.

Johnny who was walking in front, came back to them and pointed at a corner.

"You guys should go there and wait. This might take a moment."

Chanyeol and Wendy looked back to see a cushioned bench fixed at a tiny corner which was barely enough for the two of them to fit in but was the only available place to sit down at.

By the time they looked back to refuse and ask Johnny to take them with him, he was gone.

They had no choice but to go there instead.

"He better not disappear," Chanyeol grumbled letting Wendy take a seat as he leaned against the wall watching strange people pass by the two.

"Don't worry. He won't."

"Yeah, and your judgements are always correct, aren't they?" Chanyeol retorted back making Wendy remember her mistake in trusting Johnny before but she chose not to argue with Chanyeol this time around and stayed quiet.

But they were beginning to stay like that for quite a long time than they thought. Both of them were slowly falling asleep since they had not slept even once in the last twenty four hours. Eye lids were heavy and both were feeling very tired.

Wendy, who had a eyes closed, fluttered them open as her head dropped to her lap and bounced back up. She looked up embarrassed hoping Chanyeol didn't see that, but seeing Chanyeol dozing off with his mouth wide open and resting his crown on the wall while standing against it with his arms crossed, she burst out laughing.

However, she proceeded onto poking him till he woke up and offered him a little space next to her afterwards, out of courtesy. She thought he wouldn't take it for he seemed too uneasy when he realized where he was and what had happened, but he came and squeezed next to her.

Soon, the both of them started dozing off together again.

 

Johnny, who had finally returned from where he disappeared to found his partners in dreamland. He walked up to them with a wide grin on his face and squat down in front of them holding in his laughter not wanting to wake them up.

Chanyeol, who was the tough guy all along, seemed like a feeble child hugging the wall and slightly snoring away with his mouth opening wider every minute. Wendy, who seemed to have trouble letting her head find a cozy spot, had turned to Chanyeol and had found a comfortable tiny pillow, Chanyeol's left arm. Both of them looked peaceful despite all the arguments that went down inside the vehicle that made Johnny question why he even agreed to help them several times earlier.

Cheeky Johnny took out his phone and held it up. He was ready to snap a couple of photographs of the two for he found it too funny. He may or may not have even begun to snap them when suddenly a hand reached up and grabbed his phone away in a flash.

He looked up to see Chanyeol holding the phone on his hand, wide awake. Johnny scratched his head looking at Chanyeol glare at him still seated there.

"Sorry, it was just--" Johnny began to apologize but Chanyeol spoke up faster,

"I'll keep your phone with me so you don't run off, okay? Sorry, I don't really trust people that easily."

Johnny had no words to say. Both of them took a moment staring at each other before they looked over at Wendy still fast asleep on Chanyeol's large arm.

Chanyeol felt a tug seeing her like that and suddenly, without hesitating, he pushed her away making her head bump on the wall on the other side and wake her up yelling in pain.

Johnny reached up to Wendy to help her but he couldn't stop her from slapping Chanyeol's arm for doing that to her. Chanyeol didn't mind and stood up to walk away but he didn't see Wendy lift her leg up the next second and push his sending him to fall flat on his face. Embarrassment was not a strong even word to express how Chanyeol felt that moment, but he deserved it nevertheless.

 

***

 

Seulgi was still mad at Baekhyun. She sat in the middle of the back seat with Sehun and Jongin sitting awkwardly, with their knees knocking, on either sides of her. Baekhyun was in the passenger seat with D.O behind the wheel asking Seulgi for directions.

They were all going to the first place Seulgi was thinking of looking for Wendy at.

"Are you sure she might be there?" D.O asked sending Seulgi, who was glaring at Baekhyun who in turn was avoiding her, to smile and reply saying,

"I don't know. But Seungwan seem to go there often enough."

"Hmm" was D.O's short reply.

It made Seulgi nervous for she thought D.O was mad at her. Why wouldn't he be anyway? Seulgi partially knew that the residents at the mysterious house always stayed away from coming out of the house as much as they could to stay safe, but here were four of them trying to help her find her crazy friend who is probably following some famous person for money, or stuck down a drain again because she saw a bundle of money fall into it.

Half way through, Baekhyun suddenly shout out at D.O to stop the vehicle. The rest in the car looked up worried for it was a considerably loud cry. But it seemed that Baekhyun just wanted to go to the convenience store. He excused and left hastily not wanting to take any more time. Eventually, D.O too went away to drag Baekhyun out of the store for it seemed like he was going to be taking a lot of time.

 

Seulgi was left back with Sehun on her left and Jongin on her right. She looked at both of them from the corner of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter