Chapter 6 : Patience

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't the end of the world. But Seulgi felt like she was already dying.

 

"So the cutie knows the loner?" Seulgi heard a couple of her classmates chatter.

The entire school has already named Baekhyun the 'cutie' for the news of Baekhyun had spread all around like wild fire. He was bright, talkative and was hard to miss.

"But don't you think he looks older than us?" another girl asked.

Seulgi continued silently eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Apparently he's our age. Who cares if he's older. He's such a 'cutie'!..."

Seulgi rolled her eyes at what they were talking about.

"I hope he's in our class. That would be so much fun..."

"But he'll be just hanging out with the loner then. Apparently they are childhood friends, and they say she was his first love..."

Seulgi almost choked listening to them. She was dying of laughter. After all, the rumors were pretty hilarious.

"But guys, don't you think his older brother is just so handsome. I was in the office when they came inside in the morning. It was like heaven when he said 'excuse me' with his handsome low voice. I thought an angel was talking to me..."

Okay, this is getting ridiculous...

Seulgi thought listening to them.

 

"Okay, then. Once 'cutie' comes into our class, I'll ask for his number and you can get his brother's..hehehe"

Seulgi thought her eyes were going to fall off after rolling them so much listening to her idiotic classmates' conversation.

"Too bad, guys. He's not in our class. He's in Jongin's with the cool kids," a kid who came in, reported leaving the others to sigh in frustration.

 

Of course, he's in Jongin's class. Why else would he come to a lowly school full of dumb idiots in the first place?

Seulgi thought with a smirk crossing her face for she had already pieced together her 'aliens' plan.

It was too obvious that after Seulgi said no, they had no option but to stalk Kai, catch him one night when no one was around and take him home. But that would have been very difficult, for Kai would have teleported immediately. So they stuck to the original plan of making Kai as comfortable as possible with someone he already knew. Since Seulgi backed out, they had no option but to send one of their own into the 'battle field'. And the most sociable out of all was of course the bright light, Mr. Baekhyun.

 

"Don't mess this up," D.O who walked Baekhyun to his new classroom said in a low voice.

Baekhyun turned around and started off saying, "Ya!..."

"Ya?" D.O asked back for almost all the students out on the hallway (mostly girls) were all staring at them and Baekhyun was already speaking informally to him.

"Ah I mean, Hyung-nim, I will do my best. Fighting?!" baekhyun said with a wide smile and holding up his fist at D.O, who just sighed as a reply.

 

D.O could already see Kai seated inside the classroom talking with a some guy who looked quite like him. 

Seeing Kai like that made his heart ache although there was nothing sad about it.

Kai was the friend D.O treasured the most. Although D.O seemed fearless, Kai was sort of like his only weakness. The bond of friendship is indeed one of the most mysterious things in this world.

 

It wasn't until D.O went back to Xiumin's place after letting Baekhyun do his own thing at school, did he almost drown in tears. It was probably the first time D.O was having his eyes so wet. He was sitting on the front porch of the house quietly when Xiumin found him.

"Everything okay?" Xiumin asked sitting down beside him.

D.O didn't speak, instead kept staring at his feet.

"I know it's hard, D.O. It's hard to see the people we've been with for almost five years act like they know nothing about who we are or who they are. Let's do are best to get everyone together."

But D.O had spent his entire childhood with Kai.

"Hopefully Baekhyun will think of a way to get closer to Kai. While he's doing that I better start tracking down the others. I can't seem to find anyone at all. It's like my powers are giving up," D.O just spoke away his worries to Xiumin.

"Don't worry, it'll come back to you. Let's have some patience."

 

***

 

Baekhyun was indeed trying to get closer to Kai. But it seemed like he was failing over and over again.

After introducing himself to the new classmates he spotted where he wanted to sit right away. It was the seat just next to Kai. But his homeroom teacher assigned him another seat far far away from Kai.

During the breaks between classes he tried talking to Kai. But all of it ended in failure because either Jongin would be talking with his friends or he himself would be covered with his new found admirers who kept on asking ridiculous questions like whether he washes himself twice or thrice a day (when he didn't do so even once).

It was not until the lunch time did Baekhyun find a way to get closer to Kai.

 

Jongin sat on the seat and gulped down the rest of his drink while Taemin was stuffing himself with left over doughnuts. Seulgi who happened to be at the very end of the cafeteria was suddenly spotted by Jongin. For some very awkward reason Jongin couldn't take his eyes off of Seulgi who was eating away like a pig.

"Fascinating..." Taemin commented to which Jongin turned to him raising his eyebrows, "...what? It's fascinating to see you staring at a girl for the first time ever. I've never seen you like this. It's a new side to your image, you know?"

"I'm not staring at any girl..."

"Yes, you are. You were staring at miss loner before"

Jongin just rolled his eyes and scoffed,

"I wasn't. You were probably staring at Dduelgi, not me!"

"Oh! How do you remember her name? You never remember anyones' names. You are bad at it! Yet you remember hers"

"Shut up! Eat your stupid doughnut!" Jongin made Taemin open his mouth and kept adding doughnut after doughnut till Taemin could take it no more.

Baekhyun who was eavesdropping on the two smiled evil-y listening to their conversation.

"Muhaha..Kai, I got you little bro and I'm not going to give up till I become your bestest of best friends. A man in love will stop at nothing," Baekhyun whispered eyeing both Kai, who was behind him and Seulgi, who was at the opposite corner.

 

 

It was like a miracle when Baekhyun saw Seulgi walking about in the school grounds during their P.E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter