Chapter 10 : Apologize

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi munched her cereal very slowly having her eyes fixed on him.

She was observing Sehun very carefully from the time they returned home.

I knew it!...he looked weird from the first time I saw him...so he is the guy who survived...

 

She thought as her eyes scanned Sehun who was seated at the couch with an expressionless face staring at the outside through the tiny window with a see-through satin like curtain falling over it.

"Ouch!..." Seulgi cried as her mother knuckled her on the head and shouted back,

"How can you just eat cereal for dinner?! Eat some rice, child!"

"I'm not hungry," Seulgi replied and went back onto staring at Sehun. But her mother kept bothering her.

"No! You are going to eat rice today! Go eat now! I'm not going to have my child unhealthy and weak! And I'm also not going pay for the hospital bills once you fall sick...Go eat!"

 

Seulgi got frustrated and annoyed and without knowing she was on her feet and was charging at her mother with words that she thought would only be in her head,

"You know what? This is why my father left even before I knew I even had a father in the first place! Because you keep insisting us to follow you! I was confused when I saw my friends' fathers and didn't even know I was suppose to have one all because of YOU!... I don't want to eat rice and I never will!"

Seulgi blurted out words of hate and after seeing her mother just look at her with a blank face, she immediately turned around and left leaving the half filled cereal bowl on the table.

Mrs. Kang's eyes got watery and as she looked ahead she saw Sehun, who would barely even bother to see what was going on, looking at her with sorry eyes.

"It's...it's probably because she's stressed out of studying. Mid terms are coming pretty fast too..." She replied to Sehun's facial expression with a shaky voice.

 

 

Soon Sehun was just left alone to eat dinner all by himself. He sat there and watched the two empty chairs accompanying him. He barely ate anything.

He was, as usual, picking on his food when he noticed that one of the bowls in front of him move.

He looked up at it and kept staring at it when the bowl next to it suddenly swung around and moved to the corner of the table. Another blow and it would have fallen right off the table. He thought it was all in his head. It seemed like it was all his mere imagination of starving himself for a long time.

 

Another blow...

He thought and suddenly got distracted as he noticed the papers of the calendar hung in front of him move even though there was no wind inside the house.

 

How can it...?

He was beginning to question when suddenly he heard the sound of china break.

He stood up immediately and bent down to see that the bowl that moved towards the edge of the table had fallen off and was staying shattered on the ground with the food that was inside of it spilled on the floor. 

So it really did move and fall off from the edge of the table? HOW?...

 

"What...What happened?" Mrs. Kang came running in to see the mess.

"I'm so sorry. I'll clean it up," Sehun said while grabbing onto the cloth Mrs. Kang picked up.

 

After insisting Ji Yeon, Sehun managed to make Mrs. Kang sit down on the chair next to him while he slowly cleaned everything. He was well aware that Mrs. Kang was still thinking about the argument that went down between her and her daughter earlier that evening. 

After successfully cleaning up everything listening to Mrs. Kang sob silently, Sehun suddenly found himself staring at Seulgi's bedroom door.

He even wondered why he was just blankly staring at her door that was closed shut and didn't seem like it would be opened anytime soon.

He let out a sigh and was about to leave when, suddenly, Seulgi opened the door and jumped back seeing a tall creature staring down at her.

"Jeez what?!" she asked back.

"Apologize," Sehun said in his low voice.

"For what?" Seulgi asked back.

"To your mother...apologize" Sehun said quite blankly.

Seulgi was taken aback a bit but after realizing what he was saying she just smirked and replied,

"It's none of your business, pretty boy. Just stay out it, kiddo. You won't be here for too long anyway."

 

 

***

 

Jongin was unusually early to school. He even left Taemin behind after listening to Taemin nag him for waking him up early in the morning.

Jongin was determined to talk to Seulgi, but he had no idea what he was going to talk to Seulgi about.

He didn't want to ask her about the drawing or the ornament, or anything else relating to her new house guest who had him jealous at the convenience store the other day.

He pulled out his journal while having seated at the spot in their school garden he had a vague memory of Seulgi sitting in when he didn't bother to know that she even existed.

He began writing whatever that popped into his mind. He wrote about how he thought he saw Seulgi's figure silently looking at him, with the rest of his fangirls, while he trotted down the garden each and every morning. 

He then remembered. And smile crossed his face. He remembered seeing Seulgi shout at him and push him off of her, once sometime ago, in the very same garden when he chose her as his victim to make fun of in the early morning. He remembered thinking whether she desired him like the rest of his admirers.

Then again, Seulgi is...umm...different?

Jongin thought. However, as his thoughts flowed more making him ending up in different memories he found his eyes narrow as he tried remembering more but couldn't do so.

He tried again. He tried remembering how he ended up in Taemin's house or how he even started being friends with Taemin and--

"Arghh...," he gave out a shout.

 

His head started throbbing and he felt as if a sharp knife ran through his brain.

It was like his mind was stopping him from trying to remember.

He threw his journal away and grabbed onto his head. It was making his vision blur and he was seeing two of everything. 

Jongin closed his eyes first and started counting backwards. He didn't know why he was doing it or how he even got the idea, but he felt as if he had always been taught so to count backwards when trying to calm down.

He continued counting down and slowly breathing in between each number.

...Ten...nine...eight...

As he did so he felt his heart beat become slower and his pain ease. 

He breathed in while having his eyes closed.

As he reached the last number he fluttered his eyes open to look at the sky that seemed to have brightened up a bit more.

Jongin started wondering why it happened. He could feel the pain coming back again slowly. He wanted to stop questioning but suddenly desiring the answers Jongin pushed a bit further.

He tried by remembering who taught him to count backwards. His mind flipped faces of many people.

Was it Taemin? The biology teacher? Anyone I know?...

He kept asking while feeling the pain rush in and suddenly feel his brain being pricked by thousands of thorns at once.

"Ahh! No! Who...who was it? WHO?!" Jongin shouted having his eyes shut tight and gritting his teeth.

 

He felt the pain heighten to its ultimate and suddenly drop...

 

Something ticked off inside Jongin's head and he found himself walking towards the corner where the school had kept the garden tools.

He saw his heads run through the various equipments. He knew he wasn't controlling his body but he was too exhausted to want the control back.

He watched as his hand picked the hand fork. He saw the sharp edges shine.

 

He then found himself being forced to regret his life. He was suddenly wanting to end his life.

Yeah...I shouldn't be alive...

 

Jongin's hands were already having the edges of the hand fork directed to his stomach.

It was only a matter of seconds before the edges would pierce through his skin and into his body. And he was well aware of it.

He took one last breath as he felt as if this would be his last chance, and just before the fork could plunge into his body, he felt someone hit his hand hard making the fork fall on the ground.

"No...NO!" Jongin cried like he was going mad and bent down to grab the fork.

But he got dragged back up again and was pushed against the wall.

"NO!" Jongin tried freeing himself when he suddenly got a slap across his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter