Chapter 25 : Small moment

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The battle between the bulk guards and the men who refused to use their gifts and played fair (except for D.O) fought for quite a while. But after Lay passed out they all started to panic and plans had to be changed.

 

It was not until some time later did Lay flutter his eyes open to see himself in a familiar place. Naturally, a smile crossed his lips.

And it was not until he saw the person next to him placing a wet towel on his forehead did he fully feel elated.

"You are awake?" Song Qian asked catching Lay looking at her.

He smiled as a reply and so did she taking the towel off of Lay's forehead. 

She took the towel into her hand and suddenly raised it above her head and slapped the edge of the bed with it startling Lay.

 

"You are the one who's supposed to be healing people! Does it make sense for you to black out in the middle of everything?!" she lashed out at him. She seemed extremely mad at him.

Lay was taken aback but he eventually ended up holding in his laughter seeing that she was concerned about his wellbeing.

"Don't you dare come to my clinic like this ever again," she spoke, put the towel back on his forehead and marched out of the room.

He smirked seeing her go off like that while the familiar sense of the feeling of something tucking from within his heart occurred.

 

 

Lay stayed on the bed till Song Qian let the others come in after listening to the gang argue with her saying that they needed to see him immediately.

After sometime of trying to convince her to let them in, Lay finally got to see his comrades.

 

"She was shocked," Xiumin, who got in first, explained to Lay who sat up on the bed while Xiumin looked fancily at Lay oddly smiling at his statement.

It was not until everyone was in the room did Lay see that they hadn't managed to catch Kris.

 

 

 

"I tried healing him. But there was no poison within him. At least not in large amounts for I couldn't reach out to every single part in such a short time."

Suho stayed silent while Baekhyun agreed and jumped in saying how even he and D.O noticed how Kris looked as if he knew them earlier when they met him.

"I knew it! What is he doing here not looking for us? But how did he even-- Gosh there's too many questions!" Baekhyun sounded out feeling frustrated.

"He's leaving today. His flight is at one in the afternoon. It's now or never. We just wasted our time yesterday night," Suho spoke looking at his feet.

"One good thing happened from last night's visit though. And that's that he remembers who we are and that we are getting to him now. So, if we let our hand out, he will definitely grab it this time...but there are too many eyes watching him," Xiumin said taking a seat beside Lay.

 

"I have a suggestion. I think I may know someone who could help us get to Kris. But I'm not sure whether he'd help," D.O spoke with his eyebrows knit.

"Who?" Baekhyun asked looking up at D.O while D.O eyed him back.

But as Baekhyun waited for D.O to reply, his eyes went to the clock above D.O's crown. It was almost time for school.

 

Eh what school today...I can skip it just this once...

Baekhyun thought to himself but at once widened his eyes realizing something.

"The parents' teachers' meeting!"

He let out a shout remembering his homeroom teacher strongly tell him to bring at least one of his family members, for if he didn't he would get two weeks worth of detention, and he couldn't bare to pile up more of spending his time writing on papers. 

Without a word he grabbed D.O's hand. And before D.O could reach out his hand and attack Baekhyun, he pulled him and ran out of the room. The rest were confused and watched them leave in a flash. 

They came out of the room startling Song Qian, who was bringing something for Lay to eat, making her almost fall down with the food tray.

"Sorry!"

Baekhyun chimed and wobbled out of the clinic hoping D.O wouldn't strangle him half way through.

 

***

 

It wasn't just Baekhyun who was feeling nervous for the meeting. Seulgi too, who briefly mentioned the meeting to her mother sometime back, was wondering whether she'd even make it, for Seulgi's stubbornness prevented her from going to her mother and reminding her the day before.

 

"Seulgi, is your mother coming today?" Seulgi's homeroom teacher asked holding a sheet of paper on her hand and the tip of her pen on the row with Seulgi's name on it.

Seulgi thought for a bit and gave a nod, "Yes, she'd be here."

 

With that the teacher put a small tick next to the name 'Kang Seulgi' letting Seulgi to walk out of the classroom and wait for her mother.

 

She walked down the hallway with parents of other students coming in already and filling up the little space available.

 

She went to the very corner of the hallway to the large window that was opened and looked out of it to see more adults coming in. She observed each one carefully hoping her mother would be among them. But she was not.

 

Should I have reminded her yesterday?

 

Seulgi thought regretting her stupidity of getting mad at her mother like that.

 

"What's wrong?" 

Seulgi heard a familiar voice ask her and she immediately turned around to see who it was.

 

Jongin came next to her and peeped through the window.

"Looking for your mother?" he asked while she watched him lean against the window sill and turn to her.

"Yeah, what about yours?" Seulgi asked without thinking and immediately regretted it for she knew that Jongin obviously didn't have his parents here.

 

"I don't know. They say my parents live abroad so I just went with it saying they'd never just fly down here for a parents' teachers' conference or any of that sort," Jongin replied and watched Seulgi smile at him a bit uncomfortably at his prepared answer. He knew she was probably wanting to run away for acting stupid and it made him smile at her even more.

"It's okay. I don't mind it...," he said again seeing her like that.

"...By the way I was looking for you this morning. Did you get late to come to school?" Jongin asked seeing Seulgi widen her eyes while she remembered how she delivered milk in the morning but as she went to deliver for the last house she got curious and started knocking on the door only to be disappointed having no one answer her. 

She was pissed off the night before after Sehun started running his mouth on what she should and should not do, that she finally took it upon herself to at least hint on what was going on with Sehun to his hyungs. But no one was there to listen to her and all her plans went down the river.

 

"Oh um I just took a long time to deliver the milk. Why were you looking for me?" Seulgi asked.

Jongin looked at his feet with a smile and then looked up at her again to say,

"About yesterday night...you must have felt a bit uncomfortable when I crashed in. I just wanted to apologize," he said it with quite the uncomfortable tone.

 

Seulgi was a bit shocked, for hearing him apologize was something she never expected. But listening to him apologize feeling shy and uncomfortable made her believe he was sincere about his apology.

"It's okay. You just came to help," she replied back.

"But I invaded your privacy. Having teleportation as my speciality isn't always that special I guess," he said in a low tone.

Seulgi just chuckled to his remark adding, "You are not that special with or without your gift anyway."

Jongin smirked, "I'm sorry but I know you are jealous of me having so many fangirls and being popular because of my good looks, so you don't have to say that I'm not special. I know I am, and I know you are wrong."

 

Seulgi made a face and retorted right away, "Yeah but none of your fangirls were worried sick when you didn't appear in school. Their interest in you just disappeared after not seeing you for over a week. Pfft what fangirls? All they know is to squeal when you wink at them. Useless--"

"Worried sick? You were that worried?" Jongin suddenly cut in picking up onto something Seulgi said.

But Seulgi knew that he was trying to make her go crazy like he always did, so she stepped up back at him and answered,

"Yes, I was worried that I'd never get to make you suffer like you did to me. I guess I don't have to worry no more for you are here now."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter