Chapter 40 : Two birds

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi sighed looking up the lane decorated with numerous boards of fluorescent lights flashing the names of the shops on the either sides of the road.

She leaned against the bonnet of the car despite the others, who were with her about a half an hour ago, asking her to always stay hidden inside the car and not to even think of coming outside. She was worried about them. She kicked a stone near her foot remembering how they waited at Grace's till Baekhyun got the address from Chanyeol and how they had to call up Suho and Lay. Later, when they reached the place, they had to hide Seulgi's face so that Suho wouldn't see her with them. Yet, Suho managed to somehow find her peeping making him slightly mad, however he didn't belt out at the others. Soon, they quickly left to the bar at the top of the road leaving behind Seulgi wanting to go against the rules more than ever.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure to bring Seungwan to you," was Jongin's whisper just before he disappeared and followed the rest of the gang of five who herded up to go enter the bar Chanyeol asked them to come to.

Seulgi looked up at the dark sky thinking if there was any way she could just maybe pitch in. Her thirst for adventure was not letting her obey her orders. And just then, she remembered D.O mentioning something about a back door being used for the escape from the place. Seulgi stood up straight and thought for a second.

If I could just find the back door...

Seemed like she was done debating whether she should make a move or not, and she was ready to follow her instincts.

 

At the same time, Jongin couldn't help but want to check up on Seulgi from time to time for she didn't seem like she would stay put. Yet, Suho talked to him more seriously making him concentrate on what was happening among them.

"Jongin, I want you to take us in one by one."

"But where do I teleport to? I haven't seen the place before."

Just then, Baekhyun held up a picture Chanyeol had sent him of the inside of the place. Seemed like the match was yet to start. But they had to hurry in order to get in.

"The place seem packed enough for us to go there with you without anyone noticing, so don't worry," Baekhyun gave a pat and moved away leaving Jongin to turn to Suho once more.

"How many do I take in?"

"Everyone of us...not together, obviously. Just one at a time because you are still not capable of taking a lot in one go. Once everyone gets there, make sure to take Baekhyun and D.O towards the back door and stay alert..."

Suho talked through everything with Jongin while the others prepared as to what to do as soon as they get in and get ahold of Chen. Their primary and most important objective was to escape the place as quietly as possible.

In sometime, Jongin took them in one by one as if he was jumping into the picture, that Baekhyun showed before, and placed each one of them at different locations in the same room. The place was quickly getting packed and Jongin had already spotted Chanyeol leaning against the railing on the small second floor for the VIPs. He was about to go help D.O and Baekhyun find the back door when the match suddenly started. They were making their way through the packed crowd down in the pit when Jongin found both D.O and Baekhyun freeze in front of him seeing a tiny figure wearing a black tight outfit run up to the ring.

"That was him, wasn't it?" D.O whispered to Baekhyun.

Jongin followed their gazes amidst the crowd bumping against him, and saw the tiny figure, who ran up seconds ago, looking up at the giant bulky man standing in front of him. Jongin worried whether the person they came to save today will have his neck split instead, but that was not what he had to worry about currently for Suho specifically wanted him to stay alert and help the others in moving around.

Chanyeol too, who saw that Chen had entered the ring more clearly from where he was standing, was shocked. He somehow spotted Lay in the crowd down in the pit after a while, and Sehun walking around behind him, making him check his phone once more to see a message from Baekhyun saying that they had already come in.

The match started with the ones down in the pit cheering loudly. It quickly escalated into ending with an unexpected result. The tiny guy won the match shocking the crowd that evening.

As soon as it was done Chanyeol disappeared leaving Wendy and Johnny aside. He slithered away managing not to fall under Wendy's sharp radar walking to the corner and pulling Sehun, who was enjoying himself a drink, to him.

"Let's go," Chanyeol grabbed Sehun's collar and started dragging him while Sehun barely managed not to drop the glass on the floor and cause a commotion.

The both of them ran down and into the pit and spotted the backstage door. Chanyeol quickly proceeded onto showing the two VIP tickets he pulled out (one he stole from Wendy when she was not looking) from his pocket for Sehun and himself, and the both of them entered inside the small passage-way to the dressing rooms backstage.

Chen was still up on the ring enjoying his victory and was yet to come in. Chanyeol and Sehun stopped half way through and spotted D.O and Baekhyun at the far end near the back door.

Jongin suddenly appeared next to Chanyeol's ear startling him and almost making him shout out loud.

"He's coming," was what Jongin said before he disappeared once more leaving Sehun and Chanyeol, who were blocking the way, to straighten their backs seeing the tiny figure jogging in his way down the passage.

They waited till Chen reached them and stopped in front. They watched him gesture them to move. But they didn't, making Chen look up at the two tall people and smirk although he was having his mouth covered with a black mask.

"Move," he spoke through the mask making his voice sound quite different to his usual distinct pitchy voice.

"I'm sorry but you have to go this way...Sir," Sehun spoke showing him the path down to the back door.

But Chen only looked that way and turned back to put his hand out and push Chanyeol and Sehun apart so he could walk ahead. Chanyeol at once grabbed Chen's hand to twist it and probably threaten him to listen to them, but Chanyeol failed to do so as he had to let go of Chen's hand right away feeling a slight electric shock pass through his body.

Sehun immediately interfered explaining, "Let's not fight here. We just want you to help us out, okay?"

Chen wasn't listening. However, things didn't go far anyway since D.O suddenly appeared next to them and at once got ahold of Chen's shoulder by two fingers and squeezed making Chen automatically fall on his knees. D.O then proceeded into giving a slight punch to the back of his head making him fall down completely unconscious, making Chanyeol and Sehun awe in amazement. If it wasn't for D.O's tricks in controlling someone and his power of strength both Chanyeol and Sehun would have gotten electrocuted by now.

Sehun helped D.O to carry Chen on his back while Jongin appeared once more next to them and this time with Suho.

"Done?" Suho asked seeing that his mates have successfully done everything quietly without causing any trouble just as planned. Suho was surprised to see them having got so far without causing any problems and he was determined to get out of here as quickly as possible. All they had to do now was get Lay who was still scouting inside and go.

"Oh! That's right. Chanyeol, go get Seungwan and come. Let's get her and get out of here as soon as possible," Suho spoke to Chanyeol who knit his brows together in confusion. But after Sehun barely explained about how Seulgi was looking for her friend and what happened very briefly (even though Chanyeol didn't ask for any explanation and didn't even bother paying attention to what Sehun was saying) Chanyeol went away to grab Wendy while the rest of them made their way to the back door.

Chanyeol found himself walking up the stairs to the VIP section hastily, looking at the ring being prepared for the next two contestants, when he bumped into Johnny who seemed to be already drunk.

"Yo! Do you know where the bathroom is?" Johnny asked twitching his eye.

"Wait here, I'll take you there in a second," Chanyeol replied. He was planning on taking Johnny outside with Wendy as well. Chanyeol just didn't have the heart to leave the youngster behind anyway.

He made his way across the people gathered on the small second floor and was just reaching Wendy, who was still at the same spot holding the same empty glass Chanyeol gave her before, when he spotted a tall dark figure moving briskly towards the corner. He felt suspicious for the person looked quite out of place, even in a place full of a good cluster of different people like this. Nevertheless, he just brushed it off and stepped up to go get Wendy.

It wasn't just Chanyeol who noticed the suspicious figure, Wendy too saw the eerily frightening person walking about, but just like Chanyeol she let go of it and got too engrossed in her own thoughts that she just leaned against the railing and was looking away diving into her own world.

She didn't expect it, but the sudden flash of bright yellow light and the wave of heat that hit her body suddenly made her look around too feel her ears engulf in the deep hollow sound that followed it.

Boom!

 

Her knees gave in and she fell, like the rest of the people surrounding her, seeing the sudden fire that had sparked and was spreading fast. Another burst of sound and the entire side she was looking at was now covered with fire flames rising high. She couldn't hear anything, only the slight whistling sound running across her ears. But as the whistle faded she began to hear the loud cries of the people and shouts amidst the sound of fire cracking making her not feel her legs anymore and clutch onto a pole of the railing.

She heard someone shout at her to move away while seeing people running down and across. It was chaos. But for some reason the incredible flames made her unable to move.

Suddenly, a part of the ceiling from the corner fell down and the fire pushed in front in a flash. Wendy saw the flames coming straight at her. She automatically squinted her eyes close only to feel a pair of hands grab her and hug her. 

She felt the incredible heat pass through her skin, she opened her eyes to see her face jabbed against someone's chest. Looking up, she saw Chanyeol holding her. He was covering her from the fire.

In a flash, Chanyeol grabbed her up with two hands holding her tightly, guessing she was probably finding it hard to walk, and moved in front hoping the fire wasn't following them. With people shouting and crowds trying to escape, both Chanyeol and Wendy found themselves unable to run away with the fire right behind their tails.

"It came right at me. Aren't you burnt?" Wendy managed to ask Chanyeol, amidst the both of them coughing loudly now, to which he just shook his head trying to find someone in the crowd.

Suddenly, Wendy found Jongin wind up next to them and grab her hands tightly.

"Take her away. I have to find this other guy called Johnny," Chanyeol shout out at Jongin for it was far too loud with people crying. Jongin just read his lips and pulled Wendy, who was starting to rebel, and grabbed her waist.

"Hold on tight!" was Jongin's advise to Wendy who was bewildered to find someone she never expected to see, shouting at her.

But out of all the things Wendy didn't expect to suddenly get into an airless container the next second with all the noise suddenly d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter