Chapter 33 : Speaking of the devil

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D.O silently made his way to the room at the corner of the stairs.

 

He stood in front of the door pondering whether he should knock on it or just leave it for tomorrow.

But thinking how close they were in getting all of the twelve together once more, he raised his hand and knocked slightly with his knuckles.

It took a few seconds before the door opened slowly with Suho greeting him.

 

"What is it?" Suho asked sleepily. It was the middle of the night and D.O was bothering him.

But Suho didn't mind. He waited patiently for D.O to finally adjust his thoughts and open his mouth to answer.

"It's about Tao. I tried...very much...but I can't seem to find him. Also, it's time that I tell you that relying on my powers entirely isn't the best thing to do anymore. We must find a new strategy."

Suho sighed listening to D.O. He thought for longer than D.O expected him to, and finally said,

"Let's talk about this tomorrow. Go to sleep. It's late."

 

D.O obeyed Suho and turned around to go back. He walked slowly to his room listening to Suho close the door after him. The dark hallway seemed too long, now that he thought about it. He walked slower not wanting to go to bed.

And just as he was about to open his bed room door, he spotted one of the windows at the end of the hallway slightly opened . 

Without a second thought he walked up to the window and opened it fully, careful not make any noise. He peeped out to see a slender figure sitting on top of the roof facing the moon with the moonlight shinning onto his face. 

Without hesitating, D.O climbed onto the roof struggling a bit due to his small figure. Yet, he managed to make it on top without any major struggles.

 

It was Jongin. He was sitting there quietly closing his eyes. But the minute he felt some intruder sitting next to him, he flashed his eyes open and was ready to take him down. However, seeing that it was D.O, he automatically went back to his previous pose of sitting there hugging his knees.

"What's wrong?" D.O asked.

"Nothing. Just can't sleep."

"I can knock you out if sleep is the problem," D.O showed his fist at Jongin to which after sometime both of them smiled it off.

 

"I just don't know why my life is like this. I find it...meaningless," Jongin spoke going back onto staring at the moon, surprising D.O.

"Which part?"

"Everything. Just everything is either a blur or is happening too fast for me to process... I didn't want to tell anyone just yet but, I don't want to be healed."

"You have no choice. You will have to let Lay heal you one day."

"Why?! It means I will have to start all over again."

D.O looked at Jongin who seemed to be distressed. Although Jongin was not saying anything directly D.O already knew what he was trying to say.

 

"Listen, Jongin. You were originally Kai. You have to go back to being Kai or the poison running inside your body will have the better of you....Also, if the reason as to why you are hesitating not to be healed is because of her, I suggest you get rid of those feelings not just for your sake but for her's as well. It's the best for her," D.O stated as bluntly as possible.

 

Jongin had just arrived after his daily visit to Seulgi's to check up on her, and seeing her sleeping soundly cuddling her tiny pillow had made him want to protect her for a long long time. But if he were to get healed, it meant he would forget her and protecting her would be far from being fulfilled if that happens.

 

He suddenly stood up startling D.O.

"Where are you going?" D.O asked seeing that Jonign was about to teleport away.

"Taemin's place."

"Why are you going there?"

"My journal is there. I write on it everyday."

"What? You go there every night just to write on your journal? Then, why don't you just bring it here with you?"

"Because I won't have an excuse to go there if I do that," Jongin replied and was gone the next second leaving D.O alone on the roof.

D.O sighed seeing that tonight he had learned more things about Jonign than he thought he did. He even had the full control of telling the others and getting Jongin to stop going to other places, yet he chose not to do so. He wanted Jongin to be free. He didn't want him to be trapped inside and follow every instruction like a dog. 

 

***

 

Seulgi was fuming. 

Ever since the time the two girls came back home, Wendy had been bothering her all day and night asking her to accompany her back to where they went earlier last Saturday. 

"No, Seung Wan! I'm not coming! Are you mad?! Don't you ever go near that place again!"

Seulgi spoke through the phone that Wednesday during lunch time when Wendy called her asking her when she was free to hang out. Seulgi knowing that Wendy's 'hang out' session would result in her being forced to take a bus back to her previous home, she kept refusing over and over.

 

"Oh come on, Seul!" Wendy whined leaning against the street light while holding a candy strip by her free hand while she had her phone up against her ear.

"No, Seung Wan! No!..."

Wendy sighed listening to Seulgi lecture her.

She listened to half of Seulgi's repetitive monologue and half way through hung up without warning for she was already frustrated. She knew that once she hangs up like that, asking Seulgi to come with her on another day would be near possible. But that was a problem to be solved for that day, because today she was already where she wanted to be.

Although Wendy called to check whether Seulgi could join her, she had already taken the bus to Seulgi's previous home town and was already strolling about with a gigantic camera on her hand.

Wendy stood up properly gobbling the entire candy strip in one go and picked up the small bag that was on the floor near her feet. She opened the bag, took out the camera with a gigantic lens and held it up to her eye.

"I'm going to find you some how, Wu Yifan. Where are you hiding?" she spoke to herself randomly focusing her camera. She was determined to get the best quality pictures of the one face she's been seeing all night in her dreams and not all day when her eyes are wide open.

She was about to put her camera back into her bag when she focused on a tall figure entering the convenience store at the far corner.

"You again?..." Wendy coughed back remembering who it was who went inside the store. It was the same person who threatened her the last time she visited this place with Seulgi, "...But wait...Now that I think about it, he was way too quick to dismiss when I showed him that picture before that time."

Wendy's eyes narrowed and her eye brows curled up. She was contemplating whether she should dump her schedule she made for today and just go follow that guy around for the rest of today.

 

 

 

 

On the same note, Chanyeol, who entered the convenience store after Baekhyun and Xiumin, went straight to the corner shelves, picked up packets of milk and placed them on top of each other while having them cradling on his hand.

He walked his way to Xiumin, who was picking up stuff and putting them into a small basket on his hand, and dumped his milk packets into the basket startling Xiumin who felt the sudden increase in weight.

"There's no milk in the house," Chanyeol explained seeing Xiumin surprised.

Xiumin thought for a minute and then nodded, "Oh yes, there's no one delivering milk in the morning anymore. Ha ha I almost forgot."

Xiumin's vague sad expression got to Chanyeol but it was not until Baekhyun showed up did he feel that all his mates seemed mentally affected by not having milk delivered to the door step in the mornings.

"Oh yes, it's just sad to have nothing to wait for in the morning anymore," Baekhyun blurted out coming their way and dumped a bundle of sweets into the basket.

 

"Is it me or has everyone become way more weirder than they used to be?" Chanyeol questioned.

He waited for an answer but no one gave him one. 

"A bunch of weirdos," he spoke to himself and turned around to go scan the store once more and get something to eat because the next time he will be out of the house buying food with Xiumin would probably be in like a good two to four weeks time.

 

But Chanyeol didn't realize the pair of eyes that was watching his every move from behind the rack of colognes.

Wendy, who had managed to snuck into the store without gaining any attention from anyone was already behind Chanyeol.

 

So he's not the only one living in the house, eh?...

She took notes looking back and forth from Chanyeol to Xumin and Baekhyun, who were too busy testing types of jelly they were wanting to buy.

 

Wait a minute...Let's assume he knows Yifan. Does that mean Yifan is in that house as well?... Or is he somewhere else? Or considering that many of Yifan's fans think he may have been kidnapped, does that mean they are the ones who...who kidnapped him? 

 

Wendy held onto her breadth as she went through her thoughts.

 

Oh Oh! Now that I look closely they do look like a bunch of thugs!

 

She at once grabbed her bag and took out her phone, she dialed up the one person who might be able to relate with the turn of events.

"Come on, Grace. Pick up!" Wendy whispered and waited.

But no one answered making her sigh deeply and not curse out loud.

She then look around and saw the two shorter men at the counter paying, while the taller one was still strolling about.

Without much thought she hid behind another rack and dialed up another person who might be able to do something.

 

"Seung Wan, can you not--"

"Listen up, Kang Seulgi. I need you to do me a favor. Please please call the poli--"

"No! I'm not doing anything for you! Not again!"

Wendy bit her lip seeing that Seulgi wasn't letting her speak. She then looked ahead to see that the three, who she was planning on keeping close to, were gone. There was no one inside the shop except for her and the lazy cashier, who was digging his nose.

 

She hurried out listening to Seulgi complain on the other side.

Wendy quickly scanned the area to see that there was no one who looked like any of the three from before, walking about.

She automatically let out a curse.

"...Wah! Go ahead! Curse all you want!..." Seulgi seemed to have taken it to heart.

"It was not for you, jeez!"

Wendy was panicking and running to cross the road.

She was half way across the road when she spotted a tiny figure disappear around the corner. 

"Bingo! They are not far!" Seung Wan spoke in joy, automatically halting on the spot. Seemed like her targets did not cross the road after all.

She was about to start running back when she suddenly bumped her head onto a wall...or she just assumed it was a wall...but how can there be a wall in the middle of the road?

Wendy looked up having her hand caressing her forehead only to find herself jump seeing the face glaring down at her.

 

She didn't even have time to think as to what she was going to do...Whether she was going to run or fight back. The figure in front of her immediately grabbed her hand and dragged her all the way to the alley behind the convenience store.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter