Chapter 2 : Ice spikes

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning was warm, quite surprisingly. Seulgi picked up a cart full of milk cartons and started heading onto delivering the milk one by one, just like she did every day.

The house which had some unwelcomed guests the night before, was having a bright morning after a long time. There was singing and smell of good food being cooked overwhelming the place.

The owner of the queer house lay soundly on the couch still fast asleep.

"Wah! I slept so well!" Baekhyun skipped in to the kitchen where Lay was cooking some breakfast, not looking tired in the slightest.

"How did the healing go?" Baekhyun asked as he started stretching in front of Lay.

"I guess it went okay. We'll find out when he wakes up today anyway. You fell asleep before I could even begin to feel how much the poison has spread over him. It's still in him so don't try to piss him off because I have no idea when it will start taking over again," Lay advised Baekhyun as the little brat gobbled up the fried eggs that were on the table.

"Why would I piss him off?" Baekhyun asked with his mouth full, and almost died choking. 

While Baekhyun was busy choking and Lay was busy making sure he didn't need to perform the heimlich maneuver, Seulgi was making her last turn she needed to reach her last delivery address. The tiny cart bounced behind her as she took a quick glance at the two milk packets left and knew that after this she had to head back to school. As usual she turned her head to see the white house glowing as the morning light reflected from its walls as she made her way to the small gate. She was ready to feel the cold air hit her skin, and like every other day it made chills run down her back.

She picked up the two packets and without another look entered the garden to suddenly find her jaw drop.

Suelgi expected a dull garden to greet her as usual. But today the place was alive. Rows and rows of flowers were dancing with the slight wind, the butterflies were playing among the flowers, the sweet scent of the fruits on the giant tree next to the house together with the perfume of the flowers made her feel like she was in heaven. It was a complete hundred and eighty from the day before.

Is this even possible?

She questioned as she walked down the flower path which seemed to be smiling with her.

She walked up to the front door and bent down to place the two packets when she realized that the ones she kept yesterday morning were still there. This made her feel uneasy. Her mind went onto asking whether the old man she believed to be living in the house was okay.

"Is he alright?" she asked herself.

While Seulgi was trying to think of a more possible reason as to why the packets were still there, two more people were spying on her from inside the house, peeking through the curtains.

"Who is that? Xiumin hyung's girlfriend?" Baekhyun asked while looking through the window with Lay.

"She's probably the one who delivers milk," Lay said being more realistic.

Suddenly both Lay and Baekhyun found another person join them to see what they were looking at so attentively.

"Yeah, she's the one who delivers milk around here. A weird little kid. She looks so afraid whenever she comes here. I mean, I won't eat her."

Lay smiled seeing it was Xiumin and embraced him.

"How are you feeling?" Lay asked observing Xiumin closely. He was unsure whether his healing even worked.

"I feel great. What happened anyway? Why are you guys here suddenly? Oddly enough, I can't remember when I even got here..."

Xiumin and Lay got distracted as they heard a loud voice greet someone.

"Hi! What's your name?!"

Seulgi, who least expected someone to come out of the weird house, jumped as Baekhyun suddenly pulled the front door open and leaned against the wall.

"Huh?" She couldn't help but say it out loud.

"It's fine if you don't want me to know your name. I'm...," before Baekhyun could even finish saying what he started, Lay appeared and grabbed him away. Xiumin made to the front and stood on his tip toes and made Seulgi look at him and not the two boys who went inside.

"Sorry, about that...," Xiumin spoke while grabbing the four milk packets on the floor, and gave a final look at Seulgi while saying, "...Thanks," and he shut the door close.

Seulgi tried recalling as to what just happened. The house which she thought was probably an old man's habitat, was actually the house of three boys (also one of them seemed to be a bit crazy).

She turned around feeling like it was just a dream. Although their meeting was quick and super short, Seulgi could remember their faces clearly. She walked down the path back to where she left her cart, feeling like that wasn't the place she knew after all. It was like she visited a house for the first time, although she's being coming here almost everyday for nine months.

She couldn't take what happened in the morning out of her head for the rest of the day.

Even as she walked down the busy hallways of her school, where she was usually careful not to knock on anyone, she was totally engrossed in what happened in the morning. It was the first time that someone asked her who she was without feeling like it was an obligation to know her name because they just had to know it for some class.

This affected her to the point she even almost knocked down Kim Jongin on her way.

She missed how everyone gasped as Jongin spun around and almost fell, and even missed how Jongin asked her to watch where she was going.

"Who does she think she is?" Jongin almost started to confront Seulgi when Taemin, his friend, grabbed him while smiling mockingly and said,

"It must be her revenge for yesterday...haha"

Jongin made a face at Seulgi who disappeared around the corner and went away with his friend.

Seulgi felt odd. She was constantly feeling like her life wasn't going to be the same anymore. In fact she was going mad.

How can such a small meeting effect me so much. Half of them didn't even say hi properly. What's wrong with me? I'm overreacting... yes, I'm acting like Jongin's fangirls who die over a small smile from him...

Seulgi sighed deeply and forced herself to focus on the sums on top of her desk.

 

***

 

 

"Okay hyung, it's time," Baekhyun nodded at Xiumin who was standing in front of him.

Both of them were standing facing each other in the garden that came to life last night.

It was like they were both going to war, but both were on the opposite sides.

"It can't be true. I feel it. I feel my powers in me. I couldn't have lost them...," Xiumin said remembering how Lay and Baekhyun broke it to him that he was poisoned by the hunters whose only aim was to kill them off. He remembered how Baekhyun said that he didn't use his powers when he attacked them last night. Xiumin even tried turning his hot cup of coffee cold in the morning but didn't work.

"...Lay is one of the best healers in our generation. I must still have my powers. I'm nothing without it."

Baekhyun gulped seeing Xiumin speak to himself. He knew that even the thought of living without your particular ability was like life without taste. He hoped with all his heart that Xiumin had his powers in him.

"I'm sorry if I end up hurting you," Xiumin first apologized and looked at Baekhyun like he was a stranded deer in the jungle and he was going to make sure the arrow hits it.

Baekhyun nodded as he took a step back seeing that Xiumin was ready to attack.

Xiumin focused wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter