Chapter 42 : Tranquility

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin felt his heart pounding against his chest. He was sure it would burst out of his rib cage any moment now.

He looked up at Kris, who was floating on air above him having Chen around his back, while D.O was holding the door of the bathroom they got confined into. The hunters had broken into the room they were barely keeping together in when Jongin returned, and he had to go around looking for them hoping they weren't caught and slaughtered by the hunters. Thankfully, Jongin found that Kris had dragged everyone into a bathroom and locked themselves inside it.

 

Jongin, who was trying to catch his breadth (because he kept getting tired very easily) , sat down on the tiled floor watching Baekhyun throw up next to him. D.O and Kris had managed to rescue Baekhyun, who had been getting trampled down stairs and, surprisingly enough, had managed to stay from the hunters from noticing him.

Jongin listened to Baekhyun retch one more time and fall down next to him.

"That Bastard!" Baekhyun shout out clenching his fists. Jongin guessed it was probably for Tao, and watched D.O ask Kris to prepare to take all of them away.

Only the five of them remained now. Kris had managed to take most of them outside surprising Jongin of Kris's hidden strength and intuition for a person who occasionally joked and lazed around all day. After Baekhyun barely spoke of what Tao did to him, they gave up on trying to get Tao as well. The walls of the bathroom weren't going to hold them anymore. Kris pointed at Baekhyun and shout out at Jongin,

"Take him and get out of here! We'll find you when we gather everyone. Don't worry and take care of Suho. That's your job. Stay where you are at and stay safe!"

And without another second to spare Kris grabbed D.O and pushed him out of the small bathroom window which created a rather large hole with the slightest knock by D.O. He glided out of it with Chen, who had passed out on his back, and disappeared leaving Jongin to hear Baekhyun begin to retch again. But seeing the door being thrashed open the very next second, Jongin quickly grabbed Baekhyun and vanished hoping he wouldn't appear back covered in vomit.

But that was what exactly happened. 

As soon as Jongin fell on the floor of the place he intended to go to, Baekhyun threw up on him all together. As much as Jongin wanted to shout out in disgust, seeing Baekhyun's pale lips and exhausted body, he held onto him. Luckily though, two hands helped Baekhyun be lifted off Jongin's body before he threw up for the second time.

Seulgi dragged Baekhyun to the bathroom while he was barely holding in together, listening to her mother asking her to attend to Baekhyun. Jongin watched Seulgi take Baekhyun away and caught the towel that Ji Yeon threw at him to wipe off Baekhyun's vomit off of his body.

Jongin automatically followed Ji Yeon to the kitchen where she had Suho put down on the kitchen table and was treating him. Suho looked paler than Baekhyun and seemed to be gripping for air. The kitchen to which Ji Yeon asked Jongin to carry Suho to when they first appeared at her doorstep had now turned into a clinic.

Jongin was so thankful that Ji Yeon took them in without any questions, and up until now Ji Yeon only focused on taking care of Suho, who laid there with his entire left arm bandaged. 

"Is there more to come?" Ji Yeon asked Jongin while making her way to Suho's side.

"No, that's it. Kris hyung took care of the rest and asked us to stay put...which I wanted to ask you, is it okay if we--"

"You can stay till he's healed," Ji Yeon replied back making Jongin smile and bow out of courtesy. At a time like this it meant the world to hear Ji Yeon say those words.

He moved away leaving Ji Yeon with Suho and suddenly bumped into Sehun, who came into the kitchen with more bandages.

 

"What about the others? Are they all safe?" Sehun asked hurriedly as soon as he saw Jongin was back. Jongin was forced to take Sehun to Suho by Chen, who argued saying that after Lay, Sehun was the only one who could help take care of Suho in the very least. 

Jongin nodded in response at Sehun and watched Sehun go to Suho without anymore questions for Jongin. 

"He lost a lot of blood. Are you sure you don't want to take him to the hospital?" Ji Yeon asked seeing Sehun come.

"It's okay. Don't worry, ahjumma. He knows his way around water. His body is already slowly healing itself from the water absorbed from the air. We just need to make sure to boost up the rate giving him the best conditions."

Sehun talked his way through checking Suho's pulse. Ji Yeon was a nurse and probably knew better but she stayed put, for the last time she checked Suho's pulse she was bewildered for it didn't feel like any ordinary pulse.

Jongin watched Sehun attending to Suho with this sudden exceptional knowledge that was hidden under all that stupidity he's been seeing in his roommate the past few months. But seeing Sehun talking in a sensible manner, like he actually knew what he was saying, Jongin only had to accept the fact that Chen was right and move away leaving him with Ji Yeon and Suho.

"I didn't know you had this side to you," Ji Yeon spoke watching Sehun quietly re-bandage Suho.

Sehun only smiled, but after sometime he spoke saying, "My father...actually my entire family, are in the field somewhat similar to the doctors over here. They study the systems of our bodies in our world. I've been trained to remember most facts since I was little, mostly because they all live and breathe their profession."

Ji Yeon's lips curled up to a smile. "So, the son is preparing to be a doctor like the father?"

Sehun's face turned gloomy at Ji Yeon's question yet he smiled replying, "No...no, actually...I ran away from home...because I didn't want to be stuck there for the rest of my life. That's why I'm here...stuck in another world, running away trying not to get killed."

"Maybe it's something to think of when you go back. Maybe you'd like to follow your father's footsteps. It's a waste not to use a talent like yours."

Sehun smiled while finishing off bandaging Suho, listening to Ji Yeon, who didn't, surprisingly, look intimidated as Sehun first thought she'd be to have almost four of them back inside her home again.

"It's not really a talent. It's just basics. I don't consider myself to be good at this anyway. I've actually totally given up. The hyungs know it as well. I don't really get myself involved in these anymore. But desperate times call for desperate measures."

"Maybe you should give it a chance."

Seeing that Ji Yeon seemed to be insistent that Sehun does at least think of restarting, Sehun just smirked almost remembering his own mother try to persuade him to continue studying with his father back then when he was secretly planning on running away. So, not wanting to drag this conversation any longer he just nodded and replied.

"That is if we go back home in one piece...Thank you for taking us in, ahjumma."

Ji Yeon only patted Sehun on the head as a reply.

 

Seulgi, who watched Baekhyun having a hard time, walked him into her room after her mother asked her to prepare her room for Baekhyun to rest.

She quickly moved away most of her stuff making Baekhyun sit and sulk at her study table while she arranged her room for him. Seulgi threw most of her things to a corner and arranged everything in a couple of minutes. She moved to Baekhyun and slightly tapped on his shoulder watching his head bop up fluttering his eyes open. 

"Go to the bed. Sleep there," Seulgi pointed at her bed watching Baekhyun pause for a moment trying to process what she said. 

"Oh no...Is this why you brought me into your room? It's fine. I'll just sleep on the couch."

But Baekhyun had no choice. Seulgi somehow made him climb on to her bed and in no time he was forced to go to sleep.

But as soon as Seulgi left him alone in the room, Baekhyun startled himself awake to find that mesmerizing aqua green light that had a haunting effect on him ever since that night when he got stuck with Jongin, filling up the room. It suddenly made him feel dizzy. He sat up on the bed to find the same flower he once saw in the same room, still at the same place, glowing with the same intensity.

He stared at it for longer than he thought and at once stood up to grab it, thrash it on to the floor and start squashing it jabbing his feet on to the delicate petals. 

He didn't expect it, but Seulgi suddenly came back to find him stomping the floor.

"What are you doing?" Seulgi asked switching on the light and saw Baekhyun's gloomy face look up at her.

Baekhyun picked up the flower and crumpled it with his fingers before replying, "Just getting rid of something that is very bad for everyone...Seulgi-ah, I don't exactly know how you got this..." he unfol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter