Chapter 23 : The soldier

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was harsh to Jongin before.

 

His words hit Jongin more than Baekhyun himself thought of it's actual effect on his mate.

 

"Don't fall for her,eh? Why?! Do you like her? Is that what's going on here?..." Jongin spoke to himself while lazily walking down a lane scolding his 'imaginary' Baekhyun who was in front of his face.

He halted at once and let his foot hit a stone on the road and watched it fly out of sight.

 

"...This is ridiculous. Even if I like her it doesn't seem like she'd fall for me. So you don't need to worry your off so much!..." Jongin let his mouth run on his imaginary Baekhyun beside him.

"...Stupid!" he let a punch go through Baekhyun's face which had that usual bright smile on.

But as his punch went through Baekhyun, he watched Baekhyun disappear and once again found his mind going back to Seulgi.

 

He was feeling restless and curious. And without a seconds thought he let himself be pulled into the empty void he's being getting into for the past couple of days and found himself being thrown onto a familiar street.

 

Jongin felt his head spin a bit after he landed on his two feet being teleported through thin air. It was just the usual post teleportation effect but as his mind settled he walked about two feet ahead and looked up at Seulgi's house that stood there above the uneven steps leading to the door.

 

It seemed like Seulgi had already gone inside for he could see two shadows of two ladies passing about, through the opened curtains.

 

He smiled. And with that smile he turned around to go his way.

 

 

***

 

 

Maybe because everyone in the car was already at the edge of their seats Baekhyun took it up on himself to relax the atmosphere.

 

Xiumin was behind the wheel. Suho was next to him while D.O, Baekhyun and Lay sat cramped up in the back seat.

 

It was their last chance. It was their last day to catch him.

 

"He must be enjoying himself with all the ladies anyway. Gosh, most of them are so hot. One of you should try getting into acting, I'm not even kidding," Baekhyun chimed while the other's kept up their grim looks.

"Are you sure that's the place?" Suho asked with a low voice while Xiumin stopped as the lights turned red.

 

"Yeah, I double checked it and it's said so on the website as well... D.O?" Lay looked at D.O after answering Suho and waited for him to confirm.

 

D.O gave a nod and proceeded saying, "He's there. But there's also a lot around him. If we can go to him undetected among all those people we will be fine. Also what are we going to do when we get to him? Hit him on the head, shove him in a bag and carry him away? I'm sorry, but that might not work...," D.O blurted out watching Baekhyun's smile die away.

 

Yet Baekhyun scoffed and took out his shades from his pocket and put them on with a smirk.

"Don't worry, Hyungnim. Byun Baekhyun will take care of all that," Baekhyun let his hand rest on D.O's shoulder while Xiumin chuckled and D.O almost twisted Baekhyun's hand.

 

Suho looked ahead at the visible hotel while Xiumin released the brakes as the lights turned green and they drove up ahead.

 

Since it was the last day of the promotions there was a huge party thrown for the entire crew. Fangirls were still there outside the venue shouting their guts out while the security tried to keep them from entering the hotel.

"Wow, there's a lot. We better be careful," Lay said while looking at the massive crowd as Xiumin drove pass them and went ahead to the car park area.

 

 

Xiumin pulled over at a corner covered by the shadows and everyone got off the vehicle showing off their attire for the night.

All except Baekhyun were dressed up in black suits and each took out their dark shades and put them on immediately. They watched as Baekhyun came out of the car and shut the door behind him fancily. He was glowing despite the lack of light in the dark car park, and he wasn't using his powers, just his natural good looks and atrocious clothes. His hair was bleached and had turned to a marshmallow pink. He was wearing a white dazzling suit and it twinkled from every side. He flipped his hair as he walked up to the front in slow motion wearing his leopard print shades that were already on his nose and took them off to breathe in and sigh saying,

"It's time, boys. Let's partai!"  

 

But Xiumin couldn't help but have a seizure seeing Baekhyun's deep red sparkly shoes that destroyed the entire outfit.

"Yah, they are going to throw you out if you go in like that!..." Suho whispered loudly grabbing Baekhyun by his ear, "...I told you to wear the white ones! Take those off now! We don't want them to notice us this much!"

"But I don't have another pair now!...This is the only one. You want me to go barefoot?" Baekhyun argued back but Suho was confident on his decision to make Baekhyun take off those hideous shoes.

 

 

It took a few extra minutes for them to make Baekhyun switch to another pair and walk up in front of the hotel entrance passing the fangirls who all stopped and stared at them.

Baekhyun, the dazzling man in his white attire, surrounded by four not-so-scary looking supposedly body guards, walked up confidently despite the sudden silence.

"Who is he?"

"I've never seen him before"

"One of Kris oppa's friends?"

 

"That's right, idiots...I'm going to be famous pretty soon so remember my face--" Baekhyun almost shout out but Suho punched him slightly.

 

It didn't take long before Baekhyun and his security walked up to the entrance to the already booming party. He was going to slither in without getting anyone to notice him but the man at the table called him back with his guards following him.

"Your invitation please?" he asked looking at Baekhyun.

"What invitation?" Baekhyun asked back.

The man immediately smiled quite oddly and was ready to press a button under his table to call the security but Baekhyun flew onto the table and grabbed his wrist.

 

"Ahaha I was just joking...Seriously, why is everyone so serious here?..."Baekhyun got off the table laughing out and put his hand inside his white coat while the receptionist observed him and his guards.

 

Baekhyun handed him the small card while the man scanned D.O, who was standing next to Baekhyun, from head to toe and narrowed his eyes as he saw D.O's shoes.

"Haha he likes to switch things up every now and then. I give my guards the freedom to express themselves..." Baekhyun smirked and answered. 

But D.O felt like punching Baekhyun then and there, for it was D.O who ended up swapping his shoes with Baekhyun's for he was the only one who'd fit Baekhyun's shoe size.

Baekhyun squeezed D.O's cheeks watching him wearing the red sparkly shoes trying to keep it cool, while the man observed the perfectly forged invitation that Xiumin was able to pull off.

 

They got the nod from the man and soon was going to step into the dark room with blue laser lights flying everywhere with a crowd already jumping up and down at the dance floor.

"Let's get him," Suho mumbled as they entered and within seconds Lay, Xiumin and Suho already disappeared away while D.O caught Baekhyun by his neck and whispered,

"Wait till we get back, I'll shred you into tiny pieces."

"But you look cute in them--Ouch!"

 

***

 

 

Sehun looked up at Seulgi who sat at the corner of the table looking at her dinner while Ji Yeon put down Sehun's bowl in front of him.

He remembered how Seulgi kept waking up because of nightmares at night and he was beginning to worry now.  

 

Seulgi too was wondering about the same thing. It was late and in a couple of hours she would have to go to sleep. She was beginning to fear going to bed. And remembering how she fell down on her for the last couple of days made her just consider staying awake this night. However, as she remembered Sehun coming to her each night, she felt a bit safe. And just like that she remembered what he told her last night.

 

She looked up in flash and caught Sehun looking away from her immediately.

 

He was just half asleep anyway...

 

She thought watching him checking whether she was still looking at him from the corner of his eye. Sehun quickly grab his chopsticks and dug into the bowl of rice in front.

 

"Seulgi, your birthday is coming up, isn't it? What do you want?"

 

Seulgi just scoffed at the word 'birthday'. Her birthday's were always filed with she and her mother blowing a candle and going to sleep. There was nothing special about it. Maybe there was a small gathering when she was young but she couldn't remember. It was again that time of the year she was beginning to detest, for her mother would pester her for a week and nothing would ever happen except for unwanted hustle and unsatisfied wishes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter