Chapter 11 : Run

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was slight piercing smell of blood in the air. It was too distracting at the same time alluring; alluring to fight back.

 

Jongin's right eye opened slightly. His left eye was punched in and seemed half dead. 

He heard someone groaning and being thrown on the solid hard ground a couple of feet in front of him.

He looked up ahead. It took a minute for the blurry vision to clear up. 

He saw about four men dressed in black, with their faces covered by masks, standing in a semi circle looking at a one-on-one battle between two people going down at the center.

Jongin flinched seeing that it was an unfair match for one of the fighters seemed like he was beaten up heavily previously probably unarmed.

Jongin then slightly turned his head about to see where he was for he couldn't remember wanting to come watch a fight at this time of the night. It seemed like he was seated on the ground and was leaning against a giant container. 

He and the gang of beaters were surrounded up by large containers slightly spaced out. 

The soil under his palm was slightly wet. He looked up to have droplets of water fall into his open eye. It was drizzling.

He brought up in numb hand and brushed off the wet hair pieces off his forehead. And half way through he felt fluid touch his fingers. His forehead was cut and he was bleeding.

 

Suddenly Jongin got a shock as a baton came flying to his face and he dropped on the ground in pain.

"The other one is awake," Jongin heard his anonymous beater speak.

 

He felt the battle that was going on a couple of feet in front of him suddenly seize.

 

And without a seconds delay he found a body being pushed against the wall he was resting on and drop down next to him.

Jongin looked at the person who fell down beside him, breathing loudly and heavily. He was covered in bruises, and blood was pouring out making him unrecognizable.

But Jongin already knew who he was, for it was hard not to forget his face.

 

Before he could reach his companion who seemed to be in the same situation as he, he got dragged up by his collar. 

And for the first time he saw the dreadful eyes of his beater. The silent blue eyes that shined in the moonlight showed no innocence, and seemed possessed and devious.

He felt chills run down his back and his blood turn to water. But before he could even think of preparing himself to fight back he got a blow to his head and he went flying off to the feet of the rest of the men dressed in black, who were silently watching them.

 Now it was his turn to get beaten up.

 

***

 

Seulgi was pacing in the room with no Jongin and thinking of how she was going to explain it to the others once they come in expecting to take home their brother.

She tried calling Baekhyun back but no one answered her call making her wish as if she wouldn't have gotten herself involved in Jongin in the first place. It was after all what Baekhyun was here for.

 

Seulgi couldn't bear to stay in the room anymore and so moved briskly towards the gates of her school where she planned on saying what happened right away once everyone had arrived.

 

As she sat at the corner with her legs nervously crossed and clutching on to her cellphone, which she wished would have gotten a call from Baekhyun, she heard a car halt with a loud screech.

She immediately stood up and ran out to find the people who she was waiting for immediately step out of the tiny car.

 

"He's not here!"

Seulgi watched as Suho and Yixing turn around to look at D.O who shouted. She moved a bit so that she would be covered by the wall and could not be seen by them.

 

"What do you mean he's not here? Seulgi said he is," Suho retorted.

"Well then, he was here. He's not here anymore...They have him, they have both of them," D.O ended in a whisper.

D.O was already going crazy with his on and off powers but he had already gotten accustomed to it now that he patiently waited till they were back on. As soon as he stepped out of their vehicle, which Xiumin drove, he felt the jolt of earth vibrations hit him. With the oscillations running through his brain he then began to read the patterns when he found that there were no such that would match Kai's where he was supposed to be. His brain then instantly scanned for where Sehun would be and there was nothing. While he warned Suho and Yixing, who were running to the school gate, his mind had already mapped the place where they could find both, Sehun and Kai, as well as who took them. 

 

Suho walked towards D.O who was standing beside the car door.

"What do you mean they have both of them?"

D.O knew Suho was going to blow up. Suho was after all already having many things on his shoulders. With Kai going out of control and Baekhyun walking out of the house, the last thing he wanted was any of his mates getting caught by the hunters who were prowling about the area.

"Calm down first. They have both of them. I told you before that they were having a close eye on Sehun. Well, I guess they finally found him alone and took the chance. Same with Kai," D.O tried explaining.

Yixing caught up with them and held on to Suho.

"Suho, we have to get Kai and Sehun. You are not alone on this. We are all here. Let's go now before it's too late, okay?"

Yixing talked to Suho knowing that Suho wasn't himself. It was a rough day and the horrific reality of having someone end up in the hunters hands again was getting to everyone.

Soon everyone was back inside the car and Xiumin released the brakes and raced up the road.

 

Seulgi, who was listening to the conversation before, was already boggled. Unknowingly she put out a hand and stopped a taxi.

"Ahjusshi..." she spoke to the taxi driver with a shaky voice and looking ahead at the road, "...Could you follow that car, please?" She got inside and pointed at the car that turned about a corner.

The taxi driver nodded and went ahead while Seulgi kept repeating what Yixing said in her mind over and over.

We have to get Kai and Sehun...Kai and Sehun...Kai and Sehun...

 

***

 

"Why...Why are you doing this?!..." Jongin could barely have his words out of his mouth before the next blow to his head.

 

He fell down with a loud thud and felt his knees give up.

He was beaten up heavily. He was feeling the sting of his bruises on his face and was already tasting the painful taste of blood in his mouth.

Jongin spit out blood and let his head fall and rest on the wet soil. 

It was only a minute after that he felt his hands being tied up held back by a rope very tightly and was made to sit down on the ground resting against the back the of the person who was in the similar situation as he was.

His eyes could barely open but he saw his beater walking away caressing his shoulder and disappear around the corner while the rest of the silent men scattered around the two who were tied up.

 

He stayed quiet for quite a long time before he decided to give a slight nudge to his companion after realizing that he hadn't passed out.

"What the hell is going on?" Jongin whispered eyeing the supposedly guards pacing around them.

 

But his companion was silent. Extremely silent that it scared Jongin.

"We know each other. I mean I've seen you before...with Seulgi if you can remember," Jongin tried making him talk although whenever he himself put effort into speaking his ribs would throb in pain.

The guards seemed to be deaf not paying attention to what he was saying to his companion.

So he slightly tilted his head and stretched his neck to look at his buddy's face.

 

The sorrowful eyes covered by the wet strands were half way open and was in deep thought. There was a deep cut at the bottom of his cheek and he was bleeding heavily. His eyes were red and gloomy. He was breathing heavily yet steadily.

 

"You okay?" Jongin asked out of courtesy to which his companion nodded.

"What's your name?" Jongin asked suddenly getting a bit annoyed for he thought the guy had passed out but was awake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter