Chapter 12 : The twelve

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where's Kai?" Suho questioned as he ran down the isles with D.O after sending a sea of hungry waters down the isles to block off the hunters.
They both quickened their pace while D.O was trying to ignore his powers this time feeling like he wasn't having them under his control like they were going through some glitches here and there.

Panting heavily both of them turned around a corner to finally see Kai's back, knelt down on the ground.

"Kai!" Suho shouted in joy. He was only a few steps away before Kai was safely in his hands and he could finally go to bed having his heart at rest for they saved two of his mates in one night.

But D.O was already sensing that it wasn't going to be as easy as they thought it would be.

"Seulgi?" D.O questioned as both of them got closer and a second figure kneeling in front of Kai was visible.

 

And suddenly snap!

 

Like the wind both of them vanished. 

There was nothing left there except the wet soil having the prints of Kai resting on them.

 

Suho ran down to the spot seeing that they were no more to be seen. His legs crashed down and he was shaking looking at the wet soil.

"No NO NO!" he shouted. It was the worse thing ever to have Kai right in front of his eyes and have him disappear when he very well knew that he had to be one step ahead of Kai for Kai was teleportation.

Two hands lifted Suho up and hugged him.

"Suho-ah, we have to go. We can't stay here," Lay spoke gently and gave a quick pat.

"We have to go now!" D.O shouted as he grabbed onto Sehun who was resting on Xiumin's shoulder.

 

They met up at the right place as planned. Except that they weren't quick enough to save Kai.

Suho was already breaking down when all five of them came out of the container yard and quickly moved away back into the dark shadows.

"Suho, we'll find him. These things happen. We'll find him...We'll find him..." Lay kept repeating the last sentence over and over till Suho and he himself would finally believe it.

 

 

***

 

It was dark. 

Seulgi almost whimpered out loud but held onto at once. Even so, her quiet whimper echoed through the large empty stadium making her crouch down immediately and hide behind the last line of chairs at the very end.

She took a look at Jongin still passed out on the floor. She had managed to somehow sneak him to a corner and stay there hidden with him till everyone cleared off of the stadium after the sumo game. 

She was going mad. She didn't know the language or the place or anything as to what to say to the authorities once she gets caught hiding like this.

"How can I say I teleported here?" Seulgi went off whispering to herself once more after the depth of the situation she had found herself in sunk more into her mind.

 

She shrieked in silence and pulled out her hair. But as her eyes caught on to a peaceful Jongin uncomfortably dozing off with his head against the wall, she calmed down.

 

He needs to wake up and take me back...I'll stay like this until you wake up...

 

Seulgi placed her hand on Jongin's head and slightly patted it.

 

Creak!~

She almost jumped as the creaky stadium door which was tightly shut for about a good one hour suddenly burst open.

She held onto Jongin pushing him to the ground so that they were both covered from whoever who decided to enter the place again.

She was sure that they would get caught this time around.

 

"...what do you mean?"

"I'm so sure I saw something move. So sure..."

Seulgi bit her lip having her face buried in Jongin's shirt listening to two people argue.

"...Stop wasting my time, child. I got to sleep!"

 

Seulgi listened as the argument went along when suddenly it hit her. She could understand every single word they were saying. She could understand what their rough exchange of words.

Her legs suddenly made her spring up while her body shook and made it hard for her to balance herself.

"Wa...WAIT!.." she shout out with a squeaky voice.

 

She almost got blinded as a torch light immediately hit her face. She fluttered her eyes open again to see two figures walking towards her.

"..Wait...you...you speak Korean?"

Seulgi waited till the two dark figures finally reached her and the taller directed the torch light lighting up her face away from her so she would finally see them.

Seulgi looked up at the narrow confused face staring at her.

"Yes, we do. Who are you? And what are you doing here?" The other voice ringed next to her ear. She turned and looked to see the smaller figure too with a confused face.

"Please...please help. We..we are lost. And we...we don't know this place," Seulgi stuttered not knowing what to say exactly.

Both the men stayed silent before finally the taller spoke in a low voice asking back,

"We?"

Seulgi immediately nodded and bent down to Jongin who was perfectly hidden under the chairs.

She dragged him up and tried holding him on her shoulder but he slid right down. The smaller figure came to her help in a whisk and helped her finally hold Jongin up while the taller directed the light.

"...This is my....um..friend. He kind of passed out, I don't know how..." Seulgi started coming up with lies while presenting them as smoothly as possible to the taller figure who seemed to have suddenly frozen up holding the torch.

"Taek woon-nim?" the smaller questioned seeing that the taller seemed stunned.

But Seulgi continued nevertheless, "...We are both lost and..."

 

"Kai?"

The one word from the taller silenced Seulgi.

"You know him?"

 

***

 

Seulgi slowly strolled about the tiny cozy place with her hot cup of coffee in hand.

It was tiny for a living room yet looked very warm with the dim yellow light lighting up the old wallpaper with a gordy design on it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter