Chapter 24 : Untouched

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun gulped as he turned his head to look at the chubby face of the giant guy standing next to him while he stayed hugging the floor.

He gave a weak smile, looking at Kris being taken away from the corner of his eye.

 

"Hey guys--" Baekhyun barely attempted to discuss this through when one of the bulk men grabbed him by the neck and swung him up making his feet not touch the ground.

 

He could feel the man's tight grip on his neck plunging down his throat but before Baekhyun could even begin to struggle he saw a tiny hand (compared to the guard's squeezing his neck) grab the man's hand. And within seconds Baekhyun's neck was released.

 

He fell on ground and turned to see D.O standing next to the guard. D.O was still holding the guard's hand while the man looked amused than ever seeing that D.O was only half the size of him. And before the guard could even think of grabbing his hand back, D.O twisted it making him yell in pain while the rest of the guards watched behind them.

 

Baekhyun's mouth curved into a sneaky smile while the man fell on his knees before D.O.

 

By this time most of the eyes around them were on the on going scene.

 

"Great...Just great," Suho sighed in frustration seeing that they have already got the much unwanted attention.

However, without another word, Suho stepped up next to D.O, backing him up, knowing that the guards were ready to attack. 

And just as predicted, one of the guards yelled and soon they found themselves in a bothersome fist fight with the body guards, and that too most likely out numbered three to eight.

 

 

 

Baekhyun ducked a punch while D.O pushed the two guards charging at him.

 

Suho grabbed the ankle of a guard with a string of water, knowing that it was too crowded and no one could possible spot his trick, and Xiumin joined in freezing it.

But it was Lay who (who acted as a innocent civilian) did most of the work by pushing most of the guards to the crowd spreading the fight till the entire room started throwing punches at each other.

 

"Let's go...let's go!" Lay grabbed Baekhyun by the collar while Baekhyun was trying to punch the stomach of a guard with his head.

He pulled Baekhyun out of the fight while the guards were distracted and both of them joined the rest running out of the party while watching the police pass them and go into the hall.

 

With the commotion going on, the five of them got onto the elevator with D.O immediately sitting on the floor and starting to meditating.

 

"This is not the time to be doing that," Baekhyun said looking at D.O so calm.

 

"Let him be. He's trying to track Kris if it wasn't that obvious," Lay grabbed Baekhyun by the back of his head and turned it in front and away from D.O but startled as Baekhyun yelled in pain.

"Looks like the guard did some damage to your head; not that it wasn't already damaged in the first place anyway," D.O said with his eyes closed and with a smile forming on his face.

Baekhyun grunted but as Lay turned Baekhyun to him, he let Lay cup his head and watched him heal him.

 

 

"Fifteenth floor," D.O chimed and Suho hit the button with the number '15' on it with his clenched fist.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Jongin, who followed his instincts and ended up helping Seulgi after she fell off from her bed before Sehun could get to her, found himself being silently interrogated rather than being thanked at.

 

Seulgi looked at Jongin while he sat on the couch in their living room listening to him explain.

 

"I don't know... I just felt like your were in a bit of trouble. You know just instincts...," he said looking at Seulgi, who was eyeing him in disbelief.

 

Sehun sat at the tall dinning table at the corner of the room, looking at Seulgi question Kai.

"Is he lying? Or does he normally teleport to Seulgi as he pleases? Wait, how is he even teleporting like this so freely? Aish... Where's D.O hyung when you need him to find out whether someone is lying or not?" Sehun whispered to himself, unknowingly frowning at Jongin.

 

 

"...But I didn't think you just fell off your bed because of a nightmare. I just felt like it was more serious than that. That's why I teleported to your living room because I've been here before and heard a really loud noise and it was just you falling off the bed...But are you okay?"

 

Seulgi nodded.

"I'm fine. Nevertheless, thank you for being concerned. You should get back. It's pretty late. And my mother would have had a fit if she was here seeing you crash in so, it's better not to teleport here again, okay?"

 

Seulgi watched Jongin feel uneasy seeing that him coming to her rescue was a bit unwelcomed than he thought she would consider it to be.

But with that thought his eyes went to Sehun who glaring at him.

 

Why is it that he's allowed to stay here with her?

Jongin questioned remembering how Seulgi mentioned that Sehun's being helping her as well.

 

Jongin was not sure how he felt about Sehun at all. And so was Sehun. But in Sehun's case he was trying to understand Jongin because Jongin was still Kai to him.

Nevertheless, it was obvious that both were not very fond of each other. Maybe this was their fate in this reality and it didn't look like the trivial happenings were helping them overcome there mutual dislikeness of each other.

 

Seulgi coughed making Jongin look back at her.

"I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that having random visitors are getting a bit scary these days. If you want to check up on me--umm...I mean any of us, just call. It's better that way," Seulgi said looking at her tiny phone laying at the edge of the small rack.

 

But Jongin had caught onto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter