Chapter 5 : Knock for it to open

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi looked up at the front door of the last house she delivered milk to.

She had already kept the two milk packets on the floor right next to the door. She knew that they were probably still at the animal clinic.

"I should go. They don't want me near them anyway," she told herself and turned around.

She walked down the garden that was completely different to the usual unpleasant sight from days ago. But today the garden looked a bit unhappy although the flowers were blooming and butterflies were seen flying about...just like how Seulgi felt.

She closed the white gate behind her and grabbed the empty cart with her mind flying away to la la land.

She walked down the usual streets back to the milk delivery place with a heavy heart.

The people whom she thought could be really amazing friends, didn't want her.

"That's right, how can people who hate you being around them be your friends?" Seulgi asked herself but she looked at her feet as she remembered that she's always been doing this since she could remember. All those people she called friends since she was little hated her hanging out with them.

"I guess it's just my fault. I'm just born this way...friendless," she spoke still sulking with tears in her eyes.

Suddenly she heard someone call her very vaguely. She looked ahead and thought that she was probably imaging things while slightly wiping her eyes.

"Hey you!"

She heard the same voice again, but this time more clearly.

She started looking around her. Oddly enough the voice, the tone and the attitude reminded her of someone.

She finally turned around and almost held her breadth.

"Kim Jong In?" she squeaked seeing the slender figure speed walking towards her.

He suddenly stopped seeing her looking at him, and raised his hand pointing at her.

"Stop right there. Don't move!," he called out looking cold as ever.

However, Seulgi being seulgi, did the exact opposite.

She grabbed her empty cart tightly and started running down the lane.

Jongin got surprised, for she was probably the first to run away from him. He didn't give up either.

And so, about one hour of a lovely Saturday morning was wasted running around the neighborhood like lunatics.

 

***

 

Lay looked out the window of the animal care hospital in deep thought.

"How are we going to get him? He'll disappear once he senses something dangerous," Xiumin who came to Lay asked him while having his hand pat Lay's shoulder.

Lay shook his head slightly, with his eyes staring at the road outside.

"I'm amazed he's still holding up. Seems like something keeps bothering him over and over," D.O,who was seated just next to Lay, spoke with a concerned face.

"What is going on?"

All who were secretly talking to each other, looked behind to see Suho come in to the room with a clumsy Baekhyun following him.

"Well..." Lay started but ended up not knowing what to say first.

"Trying to figure out a way to catch Kai?" Suho asked back completing what Lay wanted to say after all.

Seemed like Baekhyun had already updated Suho on everything. That was after all what Baekhyun did best anyway.

"What? None of you were planning on telling anything to our leader?" Baekhyun asked seeing the others stare at him.

"Well, at least not yet," D.O spoke glaring at Baekhyun for it has only been a while since Suho woke up after taking some sleep.

"He's all fine now. Look at Suho hyung. He's even ready to go fight the hunters face to face...all fit and ready," Baekhyun gave a slight punch to Suho.

"I couldn't find Tao. Hopefully he won't kill himself off. Tao and Kai are the two who could easily slip away. And we already lost Tao," Lay just laid down the situation.

"Don't worry, Lay. I'm sure Tao is safe. He may seem clumsy but he's thoughtful. On the bright side we at least know where Kai is, don't we?" Suho said lifting up the atmosphere of the room.

"Hyung, how are we going to get Kai without Tao?" Baekhyun asked to which Suho replied asking back,

"Wait a second, how were you planning on catching Tao? That guy can stop the time and disappear."

Everyone in the room fell silent seeing Suho's point. After all Lay was just hoping that Tao would be where they tracked him down before. He didn't plan on what he was going to do if Tao managed to discover his powers.

"Both Kai and Tao can help each other. If we get Kai he can catch on to Tao, just like how Tao can catch up with Kai. So let's focus on getting Kai first. After that there will be time when D.O will feel where Tao is and before he disappears again we can send Kai after him. Does that sound okay?" Suho asked looking at the faces of his companions.

It seemed like everyone was pleased to hear that they had a plan that could actually work.

Lay felt more satisfied than anyone.

"It's definitely great to have our leader back," Lay said with a smile crossing his face.

It indeed felt amazing to have their leader back for they seemed more focused, calm and settled than ever.

"So I hear there's a girl who goes to the school Kai is attending at the moment. Why is Kai even going to school again anyway? This kid...Anyway, what about the girl?" Suho asked but instead saw everyone's faces turn sour.

"I don't think it'll work, Suho. I don't think she will help us. Let's just think of another way," Xiumin replied after a moment of silence while both Lay and Baekhyun exchanged looks.

"Why not? Did she say no?" A voice squeaked right back at them.

Everyone in the room looked around to see Song Qian by the door with her arms crossed.

"No, she didn't. It's just that..." Baekhyun replied but got cut off half way through as Song Qian spoke firmly saying,

"So you guys are just assuming that she'd say no? Well, you have to ask her without assuming things, you know? You have to knock on the door for it to open, not stand in front and stare at it."

 

***

 

"Ah! I have so much of home work to do. I have to go home... Why can't he just give up?!" Seulgi asked herself panting heavily, seeing Jongin chasing her, shouting at her with all his might,

"Hey you! Dduelgi! Stop! Stop now!"

"Stupid! stupid! Such an !..." Seulgi kept on blabbering filth when suddenly she missed a step and stumbled down letting one of her legs get caught to the wheels of the cart.

"Ahhhh..." She cried in pain, and even more so after seeing the blood seeping out from the cut on her leg.

"What happened?!" She heard the cold voice question her as he ran to her and squat down beside her.

Even though she was perfectly capable of standing up and walking away, she looked at him from the corner of her eye; Seeing him worried for the first time and wanting to use this opportunity, she cried even more louder saying,

"Boo hoo...See! Because of you I might never be able to walk again...How am I going to survive in this world without a leg?! How's my family going to survive without me? How will my..um..dog eat his favorite mushrooms? It's all because of a bastard like you!...a pathetic loser! A dumb who thinks he's the best...ouch!"

Seulgi shouted as Jongin gave a hard tap to her head.

"Ya! You think you'll die because of a tiny cut like this?" He asked looking at her with sour yet fascinated eyes.

But Seulgi was already speechless seeing how close he was to her. His chest was just inches away from her face and once she looked up, the handsome face looking at her with twinkling eyes made her heart flutter (although she severely told herself it never made her heat race).

"Go away!," Seulgi shouted onto Jongin's face.

And surprisingly Jongin did stand up and move away.

But that was only to grab Seulgi from behind with both his hands and make her stand up.

"Hey! Don't touch me!" Seulgi said jerking his hands away from her, but Jongin didn't let go until she was standing steadily with her own two feet.

"I thought you were different from the other girls. I didn't think you'd cry like a baby and pretend to be in pain and make me want to help you," Jongin snapped at her but at the same time grabbed the handle of the cart and handed it to Seulgi.

Seulgi rolled her eyes and scoffed right away saying,

"Then why are you helping me?"

This made Jongin shut his mouth and stare at her. Seulgi too eyed him back waiting for his perfectly mocking answer totally aware that Jongin was probably going to win in this conversation.

Jongin smirked looking at his feet. And then tilted his head while looking at Seulgi.

"Because..."

He thought for a bit as to what he should be saying as an answer. His original intention of chasing Seulgi around the neighborhood was purely something else.The distracting and annoying repetitive dream that made him wake up tired and exhausted in the morning had him focused only on one thing.

The minuted he got out of Taemin's house dressed in his school uniform on a Saturday morning, he knew he just had to find the answer, for whenever the dreams come up, his head would throb like no tomorrow and he would feel terrible throughout the day.

He had already realized that most of what he saw in his dream was probably from the past and that he probably just couldn't remember. But the image of a carving with symbols on it made him ponder for a long time for he knew that he had seen something similar to that quite recently. And like fate Seulgi appeared around the corner dragging a cart behind her at that time, leaving Jongin to realize that it was what Seulgi was drawing the other day when he paid a visit to her class.

He was determined to ask her where she saw that craving and how she knew about it. But the doubt of whether she will give in and tell him the truth kept lingering constantly. And after chasing her around the town, he had already lost his patience.

However, after the little accident and seeing a flustered Seulgi, he was all ready and prepared to throw a bundle of his boyish charms at her.

So he quickly changed his response to something completely different.

And with twinkling eyes and a slight smirk he said softly yet confidently,

"...because...I...like...you."

 

***

 

Jongin chuckled...

And then the chuckles turned into loud laughter.

"Jongin! Shut up!" Taemin threw a pillow at Jongin to which it just bounced back bumping onto Jongin's head.

Taemin was taking nap when Jongin returned from his 'walk around the neighborhood in his school uniform on a Saturday'. But unlike other Saturdays where the two friends either played a game or took a nap, Jongin was more awake and was blankly staring at the wall when Taemin realized that he was back.

Taemin didn't ask him why, instead watched Jongin's unusual behavior.

"Ya! Are you okay?" Taemin asked holding the pillow with both his hands and beaming onto Jongin who was lying down on his mattress writing something.

"I've never seen you do homework before," Taemin commented but Jongin immediately retorted,

"It's not hom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter