Chapter 26 : The knight

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You know that moment when the battle is about to break out yet one side is still ill-resourced than the other, leading to an unfair battle to take place, however, there is one person who could balance them all out. Jongin was that person, the knight in shining armor coming to save the day.

 

The war zone with hundreds and thousands of soldiers from the opposing side had already rallied up and have taken there places with their weapons; Suho looked at the horrid massive crowd with their cameras up and screams on, plunged near to the entrance to the airport.

 

The damsel in distress that needed saving was yet to come; Xiumin sighed seeing that it was closer to twelve o'clock and they had no solid plan or the slightest idea of what to do.

 

The patrol was already having his eye on everything trying to see if their savior had arrived; Lay, who walked around pretending to be a soldier on the opposing side, was watching out for D.O and Jongin to appear ever since D.O called Suho and said that he's got the one they needed.

 

But it was not until a little past twelve thirty, did D.O come around with Jonign, who was slightly becoming hesitant after he saw the crowd gathered.

 

"You think he can do it?" Suho whispered to D.O looking at Jongin, for the last time Suho saw Jongin teleport, he passed out and had to be taken away.

"Yeah, he's...he's been getting the hang of it and trying it out for sometime now," D.O said a bit cautiously knowing that Suho would want to grab Jongin by the collar for not telling them anything.

But it was not the time for interrogating their knight, for he had to be sent to battle immediately.

 

"I don't think I can do this," Jongin spoke making the others raise their brows.

"Come on, you can do it. You've always done these before. It's not that hard," D.O reassured patting on his shoulder slightly while Suho, Xiumin and Lay got closer forming a circle of five.

 

"Yeah, Kai could obviously do it...but I'm not him..." Jonign started his usual rant but immediately fell silent seeing Suho give an unpleasing smirk.

"Okay then, you can go back," Suho said with a glare, leaving the others to look at him and immediately shake their heads and tell Jongin that it wasn't the case and that they needed him.

 

"Um guys, he's here," Lay spoke having his eyes at a black van coming towards the entrance and the camera flashes go on with the crowd's cheers rise unbelievably high.

 

"Jongin...," D.O immediately turned Jongin to him holding him by the shoulders, "...the ring...give me the ring so you can find us once you go inside."

Jongin pushed his hand in to his pocket and took out the thin silver ring with the amethyst on it and handed it to D.O.

 

"...Remember what I told you. You have to move quick. Try staying with the crowd as much as possible and if it gets less crowded you will have to start teleporting so you won't get caught by the cameras or any security what so ever. Stay with him throughout. There will be a moment when he will be alone. When that happens grab the chance, explain to him that you are here and just take him with you."

 

Jongin nodded still unsure whether he could pull it off.

And before he could even begin to realize the full weight of what he was doing he found himself being pushed this way and that in the massive crowd watching the celebrity walk past him.

 

So, he's Kris...

Jongin thought as he kept his eyes glued on to the figure covering his face with a black mask, wearing a long black trench coat holding a dazzling clutch bag and with a big round hat covering most of his face. 

Even though he couldn't see Kris's facial expressions perfectly well, he did catch a moment when Kris glanced directly at him. Jongin shook his head and thought he was being delusional but it was not until he vanished from his current position and appeared again in front of the crowd, who were making the way for the celeb, did he actually see that Kris had in fact noticed his presence.

 

The crowd was becoming louder and louder, and Jongin's ears were beginning to ring as he watched Kris give a slight wave and go up to the security area and enter in through the barriers.

 

Jongin remembered what D.O told him before during their ride to the airport.

 

"...Think as if you are running super fast. Since you have no clue what the airport looks like or where Kris would go, it's best for you to pin point a distant location and keep teleporting as if you are just running super fast. Be sure to be cautious since there are guards around him, they will be on full alert..."  

 

 

Jonign looked up to see Kris walking away with his guards and give a final wave at his fans who were beginning to shed tears all of a sudden.

It was time to start his marathon.

 

Jongin started moving faster now. He teleported from one end to another trying to keep his eye on Kris.

The first couple of tries were barely acceptable for he knocked onto a pole and a person on his way. But he soon adapted pretty fast and kept his pace up with the rest till Kris finally sat down at his gate after walking through security and what not for sometime.

It seemed like his fans were still following him according to Jongin's observations while sitting down behind Kris holding up a news paper covering his face.

 

And it was not until after sometime did Kris stand up and walk into the men's room making Jongin smirk and know that he was about to be done with his work.

 

He waited patiently for a few more minutes hoping no one will know of his motives.

He stood up and walked up to the men's room sure that Kris wold be there.

 

As he walked in he saw that there was no one in the place but immediately heard a noise coming from one of the cubicles and knew he had to wait a bit longer till Kris was done to finally meet him face to face.

However Kris was taking a bit too long and Jongin was becoming restless.

And finally he heard a click and was ready to give out a radiant smile at Kris, when he saw an old man come out, wash his hands and move away passing Jongin while giving him a slight bow.

 

Jongin froze. He was certain that there was only him and Kris in the bathroom.

He immediately bent down and looked ahead at the bottom of the cubicles hoping he would see a pair of legs, but there was none.

He immediately started teleporting in and out of every cubicle to find that there was in fact no one inside the room except for him.

 

He started to panic.

 

 

He disappeared and reappeared to every possible place he could lay his eyes on throughout the entire place, even inside of the planes, looking for the person he was supposed to catch. But he couldn't find him anywhere.

 

He tried his hardest while feeling rage and disappointment levels sprint up within him all the way until the flight Kris was supposed to be on finally departed.

 

Jongin collapsed on the floor watching the plane leave.

 

"I have to get going," he said to himself and began trying to tune to the frequency of the stone he's been practicing with for sometime.

 

 

Soon, he was trying to avoid the faces with disappointed looks sighing deeply. The gang was all standing at the back of the parking lot watching some of the crowd that was there to greet the actor move away slowly.

"I'm sorry but--" Jongin tried explaining to which D.O stopped him right away and said, 

"It's my fault. Kris hyung escaped because I couldn't keep up with him. He doesn't trust us. Seemed like he even managed to change the patterns through which I read you guys so he could go away from us. I should have known. It's common sense to know that he would in fact doubt us."

 

"What are we going to do now?" Xiumin asked looking at Suho who seemed like all the energy had finally left his body.

"Let's just go home...It's too late. We don't know whether he got on a plane and went away or is still here somewhere," Suho said beginning to move towards the car that was parked across the corner.

 

"I'm really sorry...," Jongin suddenly started to continue his apology when Suho turned back and replied,

"If you are that sorry be ready to come with us he next time we ask you to."

 

Jongin watched Lay, Xiumin and Suho leave after having fully processed what Suho said to him.

 

"And that's why you should learn to keep your mouth shut..." Jongin turned to see D.O smirking at him for the first time, "...Get in. I will drive you home."

 

 

***

 

 

 

The alarm started beeping so loudly.

 

Taemin woke up with his eyes barely open to have Jongin suddenly push him back onto the bed whispering, "Go back to sleep..."

 

"Huh?..." Taemin wiggled his nose and through his blurry vision saw the clock at the corner.

"...It's still eleven thirty in the night. Why the hell is you alarm ringing at ELEVEN THIRTY IN THE DAMN NIGHT?!" Taemin managed to give out a scream but almost choked after Jongin pressed down his mouth close with his hand.

 

"Shut up...I'm...uh it was a mistake," Jongin whispered while Taemin mumbled something inaudible.

But it didn't take much time for Jongin to put Taemin back to sleep.

 

After watching Taemin snuggle back under his blanket Jongin vanished from his friend's room and onto the road under the street light revealing himself from the darkness for the first time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter