Chapter 29 : The poison flower

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi crept closer to a tiny bush amidst finding herself stranded in an unknown place with nothing but darkness surrounding her.

She was sure she followed Sehun here, until few seconds ago when she started wondering whether her guess was correct. She started worrying whether the figure she saw briskly walking down the lane, as soon as she ran out of her house, was indeed Sehun or some random stranger.

 

Uh...Kang Seulgi, you idiot! You should have double checked!...

 

Seulgi blamed herself for being so careless.

However, soon she was holding her breadth as she saw a shadow pass by her.

 

"Did he see me?" She asked herself as the familiar figure went ahead without a second look. Seulgi watched the perfect proportions she had seen everyday in her house, disappear behind the deserted house that seemed to be hiding behind the shadows.

 

After wondering for some time she stood up with her knees knocking each other.

"Argh...Why do these men always make me do things I don't want to?" Seulgi spoke preparing to follow Sehun, even if she had the choice of just going back home. She felt like she just had to follow Sehun, like she was obligated to see what he was up to. 

 

She had no flash light. She trusted her night vision and her friend Mr. Moon, for guiding her up to the wrecked place.

It was a rather large mansion like structure. And it was already falling apart. Seulgi had passed the place numerous times while she delivered milk in the morning so it wasn't exactly her first time seeing the place, except it looked creepier than usual. This was her first time getting closer to the abandoned house that was supposed to be demolished years ago.

 

With her breathing getting unreasonably louder, she was beginning to wonder where Sehun was when she decided to climb the emergency stairs by the side. She was so sure she'd fall with it, for the moment she stepped on it, the entire structure shook making a loud noise. 

Somehow, magically, she found herself peeking from the widows on the second floor balcony to see whether she could see anything.

She was recklessly looking in through each window when suddenly she heard someone yell.

She fell on her knees hiding herself as the words she heard registered in her brain.

 

"I know you are here!"

 

Seulgi pointed at herself wondering whether the voice was calling her. But moments later she saw that the voice belonged to Sehun and he wasn't talking to her.

 

She stayed put while her eyes watched from the corner of the window.

 

Sehun was standing inside an empty hall. The floors were covered in dust and the slight wind brushing the loose cob webs made it seem scarier. The moon light entering from the cracked glasses of the window fell on half of Sehun's face showing that he wasn't his usual self. He looked gloomy and his eyes seemed tired yet full of pity.

 

Sehun was looking ahead at the door leading into the hall he was standing in. He was sure his hunter followed him here. 

"Don't be so shy. I'm here to see you too," Sehun said once more seeing that there was no one at the door he was having his eyes on.

It took a few minutes before he saw a shadow standing there.

Sehun felt chills run down his back. It had been a while since he saw the same figure. And the last time he met him, he had to keep him away from stabbing him with the small dagger.

 

Sehun was about to call him to step forward, but the hunter already walked up taking small steps.

Sehun held his breadth.

He kept quiet till the mysterious figure walked out of the shadows and came to the moonlight coloring the room. The white fading light hit the hunter as soon as he stepped forward from the line separating the dark from the light.

He was dressed in black and had his mask covering his face just like last time. His eyes were red. Seemed like he hadn't slept in days. But then again, Sehun wondered whether he could even sleep. Sehun's heart began to ache while he stood there looking at his hunter's eyes. The mask maybe covering his face but Sehun already saw his face through it, for Sehun knew his face so well.

 

"Why are you doing this?" Sehun asked before he began to choke while his feeling were taking over his body.

The hunter stayed unfazed.

"There has to be a reason why you are acting like this," Sehun kept speaking while his hunter stayed silent.

"I'm sorry but it's your turn to speak. I came here to talk to you. I want to know where he is...I want to know where Luhan hyung is!"

 

The hunter moved a bit with the mere mention of his body's name.

 

Sehun stepped up to him.

"I don't want to hurt you. So, let's make a deal. There's a person who can help you. I can take you to him. I need you to stay put. Let me help you, okay?" 

Sehun looked up at Luhan. But there was no change in expression on his hunter's face. The deep eyes were still staring into his soul.

"I'm sorry but you have to answer me!"

Sehun said strongly. But Sehun's eyes suddenly went to the glass window at the right corner. His eyes were about to look back at his hunter but the reflection on the glass made him look back at it.

 

What the hell is she doing here?!

 

Sehun's eyes widened in anger seeing Seulgi peeking in from a window on his left. He wanted to look behind to recheck whether it was indeed Seulgi or whether it was his mind playing tricks on him, but the sound of metal being drawn out distracted him.

And in a second he was on the dusty floor with one hand stopping Luhan from piercing the small knife which appeared right above his eye, and another holding Luhan's other hand which was down against Sehun's chest.

Luhan pushed the knife closer to Sehun, yet Sehun hit Luhan's abdomen making him roll over.

Sehun got back on his feet and turned around only to be thrown down again by Luhan who pounced on him. Sehun tried pushing him away but Luhan was much stronger. It was like he was wanting to spill Sehun blood and nothing else.

"Hyung, please let me help you!" Sehun shouted while struggling to keep up with Luhan.

Sehun was about to grab Luhan's dagger away from him when he felt a harsh punch thrown across his face. He kicked him tasting blood in his mouth and barely stood up before Luhan grabbed Sehun once more from behind, making Sehun's back crash onto his chest. 

Sehun saw the silver metal shine as it hit the rays of the moonlight while being up in the air. He thought for himself that it had been a while since he saw Luhan wield the small dagger and it made him happy. But his happiness was in vain for seconds later he was feeling an incredible pain closer to his heart. His ears tuned off and he felt himself scream. 

He looked below to see the dagger piercing his body. His hunter, his friend, had stabbed him.

 

Seulgi's blood turned to water hearing Sehun's piercing yell. She saw his white shirt begin to turn red. She watched the hunter let Sehun fall on the floor and walk away in cold blood.  

Seulgi held her breadth fearing if the hunter was making his way to her, but seeing Sehun covered in blood, made her eyes pour out tears continuously. She heard her own sobs and held and nose tightly with her palm fearing the cold blooded murderer might hear her.

But her legs suddenly gave up as she felt a hand grab her. She thought she was done for sure.

 

She maybe struggled, but her mind was already apologizing to everyone she had wronged.

"Seulgi..."

She heard a familiar voice whisper.

 

Please don't bother me now. Not now too when I'm about to die, you idiot! Get out of my head!...

 

But as the person held her shaking hands tightly grabbing her attention, she saw through her blurry vision that it was indeed him.

"Jongin?"

She barely let out sound.

 

She tried explaining to him what happened but Jongin seemed not to understand anything. So, Seulgi ended up showing him what happened and watched him freeze next to her.

"What...What do we do?..." Seulgi started sobbing, "...I couldn't...I couldn't do anything...He stabbed him too fast...Jongin?"

Seulgi shook Jongin who was shocked and confused.

And suddenly he grabbed her waist in one go.

Seulgi knew he was going to teleport. And Jongin did teleport both of them closer to Sehun.

 

Seulgi crashed down next to dying Sehun making her knees wet in blood. Sehun was unconscious.

"Sehun! Sehun!" she started shouting holding his head and letting it rest on her lap. Jongin got to Sehun and started looking for his pulse.

"Is he dead?" Seulgi asked while sobbing.

 

"Stay here," Jongin ordered Seulgi, and suddenly disappeared.

 

 

Jongin let himself be into the empty void once more. Soon he found himself outside Xiumin's house near the front door. He could already hear the ruckus going on within the house. It seemed like D.O had figured out what had happened to Sehun.

"I think he's gone. I...I can't sense him anymore. He was there just seconds ago...," D.O was reporting.

"Where's Kai? Is he there?" 

Jongin heard Suho ask him.

 

And within seconds Jongin burst the door open revealing that he was just outside.

"Is he really gone?" Lay was asking D.O when Jongin grabbed Lay's wrist.

"We need you there," Jongin said hurriedly and was about to teleport away when Lay grabbed his hand back.

"I cannot bring a dead person back--" Lay argued with a shaky voice for it was the truth. Lay was a healer, only a healer, and he had to let them know. But Jongin shouted back,

"He's not dead for heaven's sake!"

 

And without warning grabbed Lay and went away.

 

Soon, Lay crashed in front of Sehun landing on his stomach, and looked up to see Seulgi sobbing profusely while holding Sehun's head in her arms.

 Lay quickly got to Sehun, observed the dagger next to his heart and held onto his temples closing his eyes.

"Don't cry," Lay spoke to Seulgi.

"Is he...is he..." Seulgi tried asking but Lay suddenly cut her off saying,

"I can feel it but it's very light. I need D.O here with me for me to pull the dagger out and start healing him," Lay said to Jongin.

Jongin gave a nod and disappeared leaving Lay with Seulgi, who was sobbing uncontrollably. It was the second time she saw someone fall prey to being dead in front of her eyes; only this time he was actually dying.

 

"Don't worry. Sehun's a fighter. He'll never give up till the end," Lay said to Seulgi trying to calm her down.

And soon they heard D.O behind them.

"He losing a lot of blood...Let's do this quickly."

 

***

 

 

Seulgi grunted. She felt her saliva about to leave her open mouth. This made her flutter her eyes open.

 

She was res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter