Chapter 14 : Heartbeats

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is ridiculous. She's going to know, I'm telling you. She's gonna know that I'm lying," Sehun muttered while staying put at the back seat, stuck in-between D.O and Lay, while Xiumin drove up to Seulgi's house and parked near the side.

 

 

Sehun, who was healed earlier the same day had no memory what-so-ever of Seulgi or her mother. He was dreading it. But he had to go back for his body was originally there before the hunters kidnapped him.

Suho waited for D.O to give the signal. 

Sehun looked at D.O from the corner of his eye to see that D.O was having his eyes closed and his head shaking from time to time.

 

"He looks like he's possessed," Sehun whispered to Lay who cracked a smile, and got a painful nudge from D.O's elbow.

"All clear. If my powers aren't lying there are no hunters around at all," D.O spoke to Suho, who in-turn looked at Sehun and ordered,

"Get ready. Time to put your acting skills to test."

 

Sehun gulped. Suho was never dominant over Sehun, but since Sehun was being such a brat lately he had no choice but to order him around.

"Sehun-ah, remember you weren't yourself before. As soon as you meet Ji Yeon you have to quickly find out how you acted around her before so you won't look like you got brainwashed, okay?" D.O said.

"Okay okay. I'm not a child, you know. I know these things," Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

Lay got out of the car and let Sehun step out.

"Hyung, you forgot to completely heal me you know?" Sehun said grabbing Lay's hand and showing him some bruises on Sehun's face.

"That's your excuse for Ji Yeon-ssi. Good luck, Oh Sehun," Lay gave a pat and went back inside the car.

And within seconds the car disappeared leaving Sehun to walk near the uneven stairs leading to the door on top of them.

As he got to the top the pale orange sky had already turned dark blue.

 

Taking in a good long breadth, he held up his hand and knocked on the door with his knuckle.

"Who is it?~"

 

He listened to a voice ask from afar.

He began to scratch his head and say, "Um uh Se-hun?"

 

The door opened and a woman appeared behind it. Sehun saw the worried face of the woman immediately switch to a compassionate smile as soon as she saw his face. Sehun even wondered what he looked like to make a woman smile so lovingly like that (Although, he constantly praised his good looks).

Sehun bowed but the woman embraced him instead.

 

"Sehun-ah, where were you? I thought you were with Seulgi but she never took you with her before..." she now looked at him craning her neck for he was so tall, "...I even called her a multiple times. That girl never answers her phone. Omo, are you okay?"

Ji Yeon's hand went to Sehun's bruises on his face.

 

"Ah yeah yeah, I'm completely fine. I was just um...with Seulgi before...but I came back alone and ran into a pole on the way."

Ji Yeon raised her brow at Sehun's lame excuse.

"I mean a bunch of kids were bothering me but I taught them a lesson." Sehun switched his excuse to a more believable one.

 

Ji Yeon noticed the change in Sehun's voice, it sounded more joyous. Nevertheless, she smiled and told him to come inside.

"Where is that child Seulgi? I haven't seen her in ages. She disappears before I wake up to go delivering milk and now she comes back home late also--"

 

"Oh yes! Uh she will be a bit late today as well," Sehun said right away to which Ji Yeon turned to him and asked,

"So you two are finally getting along?"

"Of course! Why not? I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat, adjumma?" Sehun blurted out real fast to which Ji Yeon narrowed her eyes seeing that this wasn't the Sehun she was used to at all. Sehun she knew was quiet and would take ages to get him talking. 

However, she replied right away saying,

"Tell me what you like to eat. I'll cook anything for you."

 

***

 

 

Seulgi was holding Minhyuk by his collar ready to strangle him after Kai vanished in front of their eyes.

 

She was ready to knock him out (unsure whether she actually could), when an annoying sound of a loud siren started banging across her ears.

All three of them covered their ears while Taek Woon seemed to be looking for something.

"What's that?!" Minhyuk asked from Taek Woon.

 

"It's the alarm I got for the garden. Someone has broken in!" Taek Woon shouted as the siren started becoming louder and louder.

"Why would you get an alarm for the garden and not the house?!" Minhyuk retorted feeling the pain in his eardrums.

 

"Why would anyone break in to a garden--?" Seulgi lost her words as something struck her.

 

She immediately started running towards the garden with all her might.

She ran out of the back door to the barn with the orange light coming from the small siren at the top spinning like no tomorrow.

She punched the door open and entered in to have her eyes almost blinded by the aqua green luminous light that graced her eyes.

Her jaw dropped seeing the cherry-blossom flowers glowing in the dark. She felt like she was not on earth. She was definitely on an alien planet.

 

 

Seulgi was getting entangled in her own world when she heard a groan. She shook her head and still feeling a bit afraid walked her way to where the groans were coming from.

 

Her slow pace had made Minhyuk and Taek Woon to catch up with her.

And finally all three of them saw Kai lying on the fallen sheet of luminous cherry-blossoms catching his breadth.

 

"This is the safest place his body knows. This is the first place the twelve came into from their reality. His body must be wanting go home," Taek Woon gave a whisper.

 

However, Seulgi was having other thoughts.

Seeing that Minhyuk got Kai to teleport she was having ideas of her own.

 

Before Minhyuk or Taek Woon began to get to Kai, Seulgi marched her way towards him and knelt before him.

"Jongin, let's go home. We can't stay here. Remember where you live? With Taemin? Remember anywhere back at home...just try picturing it. It's now or never," Seulgi whispered to Kai while Taek Woon got to them saying if Kai teleported once more it'll knock him out.

 

But Seulgi was strangely determined. She wasn't feeling the safest with Minhyuk and Taek Woon. She felt like both of them knew nothing of importance. And even if they did know, they weren't doing anything with it.

Kai, who was catching his breadth, nodded to Seulgi and slowly wound his hand around her waist.

 

And before Seulgi could even look at Taek Woon and Minhyuk, she felt the same rush she felt the first time being into probably another dimension.

 

"No!..." with Taek Woon's voice ringing across her ears she felt the sudden loss of air.

 

And within seconds she felt the body of the person who was holding her closer to him crash down and hit hard.

She opened her eyes to see that they were in the middle of the tar road. And she was on Jongin, who had passed out.

 

She looked around to see that they were on the empty road in front of their school gates. Kai had teleported them in front of their school.

And even before Seulgi could think of getting up and getting the both of them away from the road and to safety before any vehicles came in, the strong yellow head lights of a speeding car almost blinded her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter