Chapter 36 : 30 days

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something was lurking in the dark. The silent shadow that seemed to be following each one was something truly remarkable; something very powerful.

 

Suho felt restless as he sat on the passenger seat holding onto the flyer they picked up from before.

Xiumin got behind the wheel, while Kris somehow managed to fit his long limbs into the back seat of the car, and glanced at Suho who seemed to be a bit too gloomy.

"I'm sure it's not that bad," Xiumin said starting the vehicle and looking onto see whether the road was clear for him to pull in.

"Yeah, he's still in the match so he's probably in one piece. Let's just find out where it's held, go to it and get him. Job done!" Kris tried cheering up Suho.

 

The three of the oldest among the twelve had just found out that Chen, one of those they were looking for, was actually a fighter in the illegal underground circuit matches that were being held in secretive places. 

They needed only one picture of proof to see that it was indeed their mate, and the picture they saw was one bloody mess. 

"Let's hope he's in one piece," Suho finally murmured letting both Xiumin and Kris nod in answer.

 

 

It wasn't just the three of them who were having a long, hard and unexpected night. 

Baekhyun too was having a pretty confusing and tiresome one especially since he did not except something like this to happen out of the blue.

Jongin, who had suddenly passed out, lay on Baekhyun's feet while he struggled to pull himself out of Seulgi's closet.

"Oh my God...They are all going to kill me," he mumbled as he tried thinking of how to get out of Seulgi's room and appear inside the car that was parked just outside. It was a simple thing before with Jongin beside him, but since the teleportation option was out of order now and Seulgi's mother is home, he was beginning to question life at this point.

On the other hand, Seulgi probably thought the two of them teleported away ages ago and so, didn't make a trip down to her room to see whether they were actually gone. So, Baekhyun had no help from that side either.

At one point Baekhyun heard Ji Yeon laughing out and coming down the hallway to the room. He panicked and ran to the closet almost knocking down a lamp at the corner, and locked himself inside.

"Jongin, wake up! Please wake up!" he pleaded but stopped at once as he looked through the small slit at the flower resting on Seulgi's books.

It glowed like no tomorrow.

Baekhyun held his breadth as the memories about the beautiful flower started flooding back to his mind. They weren't very nice. 

The mysterious flower belonged in the garden back in Japan. The garden which was legally under Jung Taek Woon, whom they basically turned crazy and was ultimately called a retard by his town folk because he spoke of the unbelievable. Baekhyun even remembered how Lay basically created the garden that night they got to know that they weren't going to go back to their world for sure. All the hard work was gone and they were all stuck in a place they weren't supposed to be at.

Baekhyun then remembered what Kris had told them when he came to them months ago. That poison running within their bodies was from the flowers. The nectar of the flowers. 

He looked back at Jongin who stayed at his feet. By this time he had figured that the glitchy powers and Jongin passing out was probably because of the flower, but knowing that was useless, for he had no idea what to do to get out of the room.

Just then, Jongin groaned making Baekhyun drop down to him and slightly slap Jongin's cheeks whispering, "Jongin, wake up...Wake up or else...I'm going to call you Kai! Yah!"

Baekhyun's next slap made Jongin flutter his eyes open. He looked half dead and had no sense as to what was going on.

Baekhyun grabbed Jongin's shoulders and shook him for Jongin seemed to be going back to sleep.

"No no! Stay awake! Jongin, we have to get out of here...Jongin..."

Baekhyun watched Jongin forcefully keep his eye lids from falling. He seemed to be processing what Baekhyun was telling him because after sometime, and much to Baekhyun's surprise, he sat straight and asked back,

"Get out of here?"

Baekhyun just nodded furiously saying, "Yes yes get out of here."

"I'll...try"

Jongin replied making Baekhyun narrow his gaze at him. However, Baekhyun didn't think that Jongin would actually do it, for the next second he knew, he was being pulled into an airless void and pushed back out onto a wooden floor making him hold his scream from the sudden crash.

Baekhyun opened his eyes to see half-conscious Jongin next to him struggling. However, he didn't expect to see Seulgi's face looking down at him, extremely shocked.

Jongin had teleported to Seulgi's kitchen and fortunately it was only Seulgi who was there.

"Why are you here?" Seulgi asked quickly making her way to where Baekhyun and Jongin were staying put at the corner beside the pantry cupboards. She immediately knelt down and caught Jongin's head which dropped down again out of the blue.

"Oh no! Not again!" Baekhyun panicked seeing Jongin pass out again.

Seulgi was worried but the voice that came ringing again made both Baekhyun and Seulgi gasp.

 

"Seulgi-ah, is everything alright? I heard something fall?"

 

"Yeah...Yeah Umma, it was just...my books. Everything is fine!" Seulgi shouted back and immediately turned to Baekhyun who was trying to get Jongin onto his back.

"What happened?" Seulgi asked helping Baekhyun with Jongin.

"Help me take Jongin out of here. Go keep your mother from seeing us go to the door."

 

Seulgi nodded although her question was not answered. Listening to Baekhyun, she immediately ran to her mother who was coming out of her room and took her into her's. Ji Yeon too without realizing much, followed Seulgi.

Baekhyun stood up with Jongin around his back and ran to the door hoping he wouldn't trip and fall half way through.

He successfully got to the door. He carefully opened it, stepped out and closed it back hoping he didn't make any noticeable noises.

It was hard for Baekhyun to run down the stair case with a person on his back but he somehow managed to get to the car parked at the corner without running out of breadth.

He let Jongin sit on the passenger seat and cursed at himself for being an idiot, for this was all because he wanted to go see Seulgi's place.

"Stupid idiot! They are all going to kill me once I get home!" 

 

After basically wrapping Jongin to the seat with the seat belt, Baekhyun got behind the wheel and swooshed off in a hurry.

He was sweating from head to toe like no tomorrow for something unexplainable happened to Jongin and he didn't know what to tell the others.

"Jongin, can you hear me?" Baekhyun kept asking seeing that Jongin was as still as a statue. This was worrying him.

He tried poking Jongin trying to wake him up but that didn't work. 

Baekhyun only took his eyes off the road for a moment. And the next second he set his eyes back on the road he saw a man standing in front, a few feet from the car which was driving towards him. Baekhyun hit the brakes at once sending him to knock his head on the wheel and Jongin's head to flap in front and bounce back straight away, thanks to Baekhyun wrapping the seat belt around him.

Baekhyun looked up in a hurry to see if the man was still there, for he was positive he didn't feel anything knock the car. But there was no one.

Baekhyun immediately pushed the door open and step outside with his shaky feet, onto the lonely road with no one but him, Jongin and the man he just knocked down.

"No...no no no..." Baekhyun kept chanting as he ran with his wobbly feet onto the front of the car.

But there was no one there. He bent over to check to see absolutely nothing.

He at once looked about turning his head around over and over, to see that it was only him standing in the middle of the road.

"There was definitely someone. I'm positive there was someone," Baekhyun spoke to himself for he was feeling like he was finally going mad but didn't want to admit it.

He looked about once more and tried thinking back as to what the man looked like. 

Surprisingly, he distinctively remembered the tall figure with a long black trench coat. The droopy eyes and sharp lips that were visible despite the lack of light made Baekhyun pause for a moment.

"I've seen you before...", he thought once more, positive that he wasn't going mad and snap!

"...Wasn't that Tao?"

 

 

***

 

It was a new day.

The surprisingly calm feel of the morning was deceiving them from the storm about to come through.

Jongin sat at the couch, having his elbows on his knees, bent over avoiding Lay's (who was sitting right in front) strong merciless gaze.

"It's time, Jongin," Lay said once more to which Jongin shook his head furiously as a reply.

"No, something else happened. That's why I out. Baekhyun already explained that it was because of the flower..."

"I said maybe it was because of the flower!" Baekhyun jumped in but left as Lay gestured him to move away leaving only Lay and Jongin behind in the living room.

"...And no. I don't want to."

Lay watched Jongin not give in again.

 

Since the time Jongin woke up, he was thrown to a corner and was advised to agree to let Lay heal him. The reason was that Jongin passed out without warning and the rest at Xiumin's place were pretty sure that the poison was finally beginning to affect him once more.

But Jongin was absolutely certain it was not. To add to that Baekhyun's random explanation (which got him in trouble with Suho for lying when he first came home with unconscious Jongin) that he saw the flower in Seulgi's room helped Jongin confirm the fact that he did not need Lay to heal him just yet.

But the ones in charge did not back out hence leading to an extensive explanation and trying to get Jongin to agree all through the night.

"Okay, let's say it's not because you are loosing control over the poison. Let's say it's because the flower was there and must have had an effect on you. But Jongin you would eventually have to let me heal you and now's the better time for all that--"

Jongin suddenly sprung up from the couch he's been sitting on startling Lay.

"If you keep forcing me...I'm just going to leave."

 

Lay pulled out his hand to grab Jongin but he already vanished the next second.

 

Jongin teleported to his ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter