Chapter 34 : Demon-self

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eyes staring at each other.

 

The unsaid words seem to be floating on air giving a sweet scent, occasionally disturbing the peace, making hearts flutter once more like how two lovers who haven't seen each other for years find themselves in each other's arms once more.

 

Two pairs of eyes sitting across from each other, taking turns hoping to get a glimpse of the other without them noticing.
 

Seulgi looked at his eyes fixed onto his hands placed on the table. She couldn't believe she was seeing those eyes again. Was it a dream? 

Jongin and Seulgi were both sitting on the small table at the kitchen facing each other. Seulgi sat uncomfortably across from Jongin while Jongin stayed unfazed and unusually calm, given that he had only woken up just minutes ago after being passed out earlier.

There were no words exchanged, no one spoke. But it felt like they were already conversing asking how each other was. There were times when Seulgi just wanted to go ahead and break the ice, since he wasn't speaking. But she stayed quiet for she surprisingly liked the silence. It helped her understand him more, from his little head banging like there was a song stuck in his head, to his slow solemn breathing. She stayed silent listening to him.

 

 

Seulgi got distracted after sometime, seeing Lay run past to the living room from the stairs. Her eyes that were fixed on Jongin moved to see Lay whisk past.

It's natural for eyes to follow the distraction. Grabbing the opportunity, Jongin's eyes quickly looked up at Seulgi sensing her eyes finally look the other way so he could look at her without her noticing.

Despite the fact that Jongin had been seeing her eyes almost everyday without missing it, he still could not feel his legs like it was the first time he was seeing her small eyes with long thin lashes giving it volume. After all, this time he was looking at her with her knowing that he was right in front of her. He wasn't hiding, he wasn't scared of being found out or scared of her not ever getting to see or even know that he kept coming back to her. He was curious to know why she was here, but was too glad to have her sitting in front of him, that he found his lips pursed together since the time he was advised by D.O to take a seat beside Seulgi right after he woke up.
 

As soon as Lay disappeared into the living room, D.O appeared into the kitchen cracking his knuckles.

"Seulgi-ssi, do you want anything to drink? There's juice, I think. That is if Baekhyun hadn't finished them off that is," D.O asked to which Seulgi shook her head in reply.

"Where is Baekhyun oppa anyway?" 

"Well, he was supposed to keep watch while we were gone..."

"He wasn't here when we came though," Seulgi said a bit hesitantly since she and her friend did in fact break into the house. Surprisingly, the ones who found them in the basement , that was Lay, D.O and Jongin, were still taking it easily.
 

"...He must have gone out for a stroll. I warned him not to even think of stepping out of the house. Well, let's just say he's going to be severely injured when he gets back."

Seulgi watched D.O smile sneakily as if he was happy to know Baekhyun will get beat up when he appears.

D.O made his way to Jongin and asked, "How's your back?"

Jongin just wobbled his head but D.O already placed his hands on Jongin's shoulders to give him a massage. He gave it a squeeze sending Jongin to let out a scream startling Seulgi.

"Oh! Did it hurt?" D.O asked in panic.

Lay, who rushed into the kitchen from the living room, sighed seeing that it was D.O's doing.

"Be gentle D.O! You could break his bones with a little amount of strength. Are you okay?"

Jongin nodded and gestured letting Lay know he was fine. 

 

Lay then got to Seulgi saying, "Your friend is okay. It was just the shock. She'd wake up sooner or later and we can give you guys a ride back home."

Seulgi smiled at Lay who was leaning on the table talking to her.

He then proceeded to ruffle her hair seeing her sweet smile. This made Jongin incredibly itchy.

The elated faces of D.O and Lay from the time they got Seulgi to sit at the kitchen, after getting Wendy to the living room couch and Jongin to one of the chairs there before he woke up, was most unexpected. Seulgi thought they would raid her with questions upon questions like they normally did when something unexpected occurs, but tonight it was the total opposite. There was surprised gladness written across their faces. Seulgi could have accepted this behavior if it was coming from either Baekhyun or Xiumin, for they were more open to seeing her on a daily basis back then than the others, but coming from D.O, the more serious one, and Lay, the perfectionist, she didn't know how to quite react to this.

 

"Where are the rest by the way?" Seulgi asked curious to know where everyone else was because she was sure Wendy mentioned she saw a big bunch of boys and it probably wasn't just the three of them.

"Oh! Well, we went on a search-patrol today. Separated out into three and went off. I guess only three of us are back still, although Sehun and Chanyeol were supposed to be the first ones back since they weren't actually looking for a person, rather food that our leader has been itching to eat," D.O explained to which Seulgi raised her brows hearing Sehun's name. She wondered whether he still looked the same, tall and skinny with the bratty smile she missed most unusually. However, hearing a new name she immediately narrowed her brows.

"Chan...Yur?"

"Chan-yeol..." Lay corrected her, "...Oh! I guess you haven't met him, eh? Quite the fancy guy. He'll like you right away, I'm sure. We had to go through so much just to get ahold of him. But well, we got him in the end!" Lay gave out a triumphant chuckle while Jongin let out a groan as D.O pressed a bit harder massaging his shoulders again.

Seulgi smiled back hearing it from Lay but as she thought on for a second she realized that she may have already met him. And if she was correct in this instance, she was becoming unsure whether "Chan-yeol" would indeed like her like how Lay said just now.



"I tried calling Sehun but he didn't pick up. Let me go try once more and see," Lay told D.O and went off leaving the rest at the kitchen.

"Try calling Chanyeol..." D.O shout out to Lay from the kitchen and then turned to Seulgi.

"...So, Seulgi-ssi, how have you been? How are you liking the city life so far?" D.O, for the first time, initiated an actual conversation (Other than asking what she wanted to drink) sending Jongin to look back from his shoulder to check whether D.O was not under the influence of alcohol by any chance.

But not hearing Seulgi's reply Jongin diverted his gaze back on Seulgi to see her in deep thought.

 

Oh no, what if...what if he's the same one? Should I just get Wendy and make a run for it while we have the chance?...

 

Seulgi was entangled in her own loop of thoughts. D.O, who was massaging Jongin's shoulders with his finger tips as lightly as possible, called out Seulgi once more,

"Seulgi-ssi, is everything alright?--"

 

Seulgi suddenly stood up pushing her chair out startling the two guys in front of her.

"Urr...We have to go. We'll be late, I guess. It's pretty dark outside as well. I'd love to stay until the others come back but me and my friend, we've got to..um...catch the bus! Yes, catch the bus!"

"We can just give you guys a ride back home," Jongin, for the very first time spoke, a bit worried as to why Seulgi was suddenly in a hurry.

D.O too, who got concerned, moved away from massaging Jongin and was about to run to the living room asking Seulgi, "Should I wake your friend up?"

Seulgi suddenly froze not knowing what to say. Her mind totally went blank and she stood there in silence looking petrified.

 

Jongin slanted his head towards D.O and whispered, "Are you sure she didn't have her head knocked or anything?"

Both Jongin and D.O exchanged looks and turned their gaze back on Seulgi, who had suddenly begun to pace at a rapid rate.

 

 "This is highly unusu--" D.O was going to make a statement, when suddenly the front door blast open sending Seulgi jumping to a corner and the two boys to go onto a defensive stance.

 

But the face that appeared the next second made them relax.

The tall figure with his broad shoulders popping out and his hair curled up than how he usually has it covering half of his face, showed up carrying a bag of freshly cut sea food with the smell quickly engulfing the entire first floor.

"Uh the smell!...All because Suho hyung wanted it," Sehun grumped making his way in to the kitchen holding quite a large bag at arm's length.

 

"Oh Sehun! Is that a way to open a door?" D.O yelled out in his low voice making Sehun look up to see the crowd in the kitchen.

His eyes jumped from D.O to Jongin to Seulgi and then back to his sea food, when suddenly he glanced back at Seulgi, after it registered on his mind that he saw something out of the ordinary, and stayed staring at her unable to grasp what was happening.

"Oh yes, we have a guest," D.O said making his way to Sehun and grabbing the sea food from his hand seeing that Sehun was dumbfounded and didn't seem like he was going to put the sea food down any sooner.

 

Seulgi smirked seeing Sehun's widened eyes and confused look. She smiled but he didn't smile back, instead he stayed boggled until she snapped her fingers and waved her hand.

 

She watched him slowly stand straight with his eyebrows knit together and scan her from head to toe and proceed to ask with a squeak,

"What are--"

"What are you doing here?!"

The sudden rough voice that belt out appearing from behind Sehun made Seulgi freeze right away.

The angry face with a larger coat than of the last time she met him, appeared bigger than Sehun and far more louder.

Seulgi didn't know what to say. She didn't want the others to know that she h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter