Chapter 9 : Alive

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was chilly. The outside seemed like it was unusually calm like it was preparing for an expected battle to break out sooner or later.

 

Lay screeched the car to a halt just where Song Qian wanted him to.

"Hurry..." Song Qian said while walking into the hospital through the front door while the others came behind her.

The man at the reception stood up seeing her and she gestured Lay, who was just beside her, to go ahead while she spoke with the man.

 

Lay, D.O and Suho got on the elevator holding onto their wits, hoping for the best. They've found another one; they were now one step closer to their goal.

Lay was preparing himself to get ahold of Sehun's temples as fast as possible and heal him on the spot.

Suho was thinking of how to break down everything to Sehun, the youngest of the twelve, whom he was supposed to take care of.

D.O, however, was feeling a bit suspicious for he felt like they were at the wrong place. But then again he just shook his head reminding himself that his powers were on hold after all.

 

The elevator door opened with a tiny bell ringing as the door slowly revealed the busy outside with nurses running here and there.

 

Without attracting much attention Lay lead the way to the room number Song Qian told them of. 

One of the nurses at the desk noticed them walking off. She tried calling them for she had never seen them before but she got distracted by a call and this let the three to disappear out of her sight.

 

Lay found the room and without hesitating for even a bit, he swung the door open and crashed in with Suho following him.

"Where..." Suho lost his words seeing the cleared up space. It didn't seem like there was any patient in the room.

"...Is this the right room?" Suho asked back turning Lay, who seemed confused, to his side.

 

"He's gone," Suho and Lay turned to D.O who was at the door.

"What do you mean he's gone?" Suho retorted making his way to D.O.

"He was here. He's not here anymore. He's gone," D.O repeated seeing Suho who was filling up with anger.

"Calm down, Suho. We'll find him," Lay said seeing that Suho was going to that zone where he was going to loose it.

 

"Find him?!...We almost had him!..." Suho was starting to go onto a rant when Song Qian came in.

Lay saw that Song Qian already knew that Sehun would not be here.

"I'm sorry. So sorry. He had being discharged this evening. They have no records of who took him," Song Qian said looking at Lay and then saw Suho clenching his fist which made her lower her gaze .

"What are we going to do?...The hospital must have the records of who took him, right? Who would take him?" Lay went on asking while pacing when Suho just turned to him and said,

"Who do you think would be interested in him...it's obviously them. They must have him..."

 

But D.O was already on top of everything. He seemed to have finally realized that his powers were trying to tell him something all along. The dreams were a result of his powers hinting him as to who was next and getting him ready mentally. The time he was unable to track the others was because his powers were preparing him, gathering up the energy, for something that (and D.O already knew) would turn out to be big. But he didn't know why he was feeling that it was going to be dangerous than the previous times.

"They don't have him...not yet. I know where he is. Let's go," D.O spoke in a low voice. He immediately turned around and walked off.

Lay, Suho and Song Qian exchanged looks. 

They were back on the chase.

 

***

Seulgi kept staring at him...disgusted and unimpressed.

 

Although it was the middle of the night, Mrs.Kang prepared a good hot meal just for their guest. She made him sit down at the table and laid down the delicious food in front of him.

Seulgi was surprised to see her mother cook so much in minutes and have it ready. She sat on the couch and looked over at the kitchen table where her mother made Sehun sit down.

Seulgi looked at how Sehun slowly took a small bite and kept chewing on it for a long time.

"Wah, shouldn't he gulp down everything fast?... This is first time I'm even seeing Mrs. Kang cook so much..." Seulgi's jaw dropped seeing how enthusiastic her mother seemed for Mrs. Kang sat next to Sehun and watched him eat like a woman who was waiting for her son to come back home and feed him.

"...She's always wanted a son anyway," Seulgi told herself.

 

"Sehun-ah, why are you eating such a little? Is it not nice?" Ji Yeon asked concerned while Seulgi rolled her eyes.

Sehun looked at her and shook his head saying, "It's great. Thank you"

Sehun went back onto staring at his bowl of rice while Mrs. Kang happily adjusted herself on her seat.

Seulgi just narrowed her eyes at both of them out of jealousy.

 

"Oh!...Sehun-ah, I almost forgot, that's my daughter, Seulgi. She's a senior this year. Although, I don't really know what she'll be doing in the future anyway..."

"Umma!"

Seulgi's mother shut up listening to Seulgi shout. She stayed put as Seulgi got up from the couch, glared at her and Sehun, and walked away into her room.

"...She's always had a bad temper," Her mother said to Sehun, who didn't even bother, and almost startled as Seulgi shut her room door with a loud bang.

 

"Ah this child!...Anyway, Sehun-ah, there's some of my husband's clothes. I'll see if there's some for you. They are pretty old, though. It's okay if you don't want to wear them. We'll go get some good clothes for you tomorrow, okay?" Mrs. Kang said and just smiled knowing that Sehun wouldn't reply anyway and left him.

 

Sehun's shaky eyes were just focusing on the small rice grain at the top of the blob of rice in his bowl. He let his chop sticks rest beside him. He was questioning his existence. He wasn't supposed to still be  alive. 

I should be dead yet here I am eating another meal...

 

He remembered how Mrs. Kang asked him whether he'd like to stay with her for a couple of days. He didn't even agree but he just let himself go with it. His body seemed fine but his mind was beyond frustrated of his existence. He didn't know why he was feeling this way but he was done questioning. 

 

Seulgi, who shut herself in her room, was having her ear plastered on her door trying to listen as to what was going on. 

She suddenly stood up and asked herself, "Why the hell am I eavesdropping when nothing is even happening? Uh...I hope he just disappears. Why is he even here? My mother's stupid brain. He's invading my personal space! Argh..."

 

Seulgi swung on to her bed and lied down there looking up at the ceiling. 

She was suddenly having someone invade her mind.

She was thinking of him...again.

"Aish! Stupid stupid!..." She sprung up and sat on her bed knuckling her head.

Jongin invaded her mind without permission for the hundredth time today. She distinctively remembered how he was having his eyes on her.

She remembered how Jongin panicked when she tripped a bit during lunch. She didn't even fall yet he scolded her like she was too weak to save herself. 

As much as she hated him considering her as one of those naive girls she liked how concerned he looked.

"...What am I thinking?! Ah!! NO NO NO..." Seulgi shouted at herself and fell on her bed covering her face with a pillow in embarrassment.

 

 

None of the three in Seulgi's house knew that they were being watched from the outside.

Lay and Suho peeked from behind the wall at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter