Chapter 35 : Beautiful and deadly

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho looked up at the dark street where brightly colored luminous lights of signs hung, flickered one after the other.

There were massive amounts of people coming down the street and going past him as if they've just gotten off one of the hottest parties to ever come by.

He listened to the folks shout out in joy saying how much of an exciting fight it was.

 

Suho felt something cold tap his shoulder.
He immediately turned around to see Xiumin behind him.

"It's one of the underground matches. It just got done. That's why there are herds of people," he said looking around making sure no one heard him.

"Underground matches?" Suho asked back in confusion.

"Yeah, the illegal fights where any stranger can step into the ring and be ready to have his kicked, basically. It's pretty popular around here."

Suho nodded to what Xiumin said and both of them looked up to see Kris coming down the lane trying not to get any of the drunk girls to fall down on him.

He quickly slipped through the crowd and got to Suho and Xiumin standing there.

"Is D.O out of his mind? There was no one who even looked close to Chen anywhere," Kris complained.

"He already told us that he maybe wrong. Don't blame him. Did you check everywhere?" Suho asked back seeing Kris taking a seat on the stone step they were standing on.

"Yeah. Let's go back. It's late."

"How about the underground match or whatever?"

"Uh I didn't go there. It was too crowded--"

Suho rolled his eyes and looked back at Kris with his hands on his hips, "We have to check everywhere. Come on, let's go check that place real quick," Suho grabbed Kris's hand and tried getting him to stand up while Kris started whining,

"Isn't it over, though? There's no point going there now...It's over already..."

 

But Suho didn't listen to Kris. He and Xiumin just basically dragged Kris with them as they started to walk up the lane once more.

 

***

 

Wendy sat crossing her arms at the back seat of the extremely silent car. Only the occasional gasps or grunts of the driver, and Seulgi giving directions were heard.

The company of four, Baekhyun the driver, Jongin sitting awkwardly in the passenger seat with the two girls at the back, found themselves driving back to Seoul in the night.

Wendy eyed the rear-view mirror and saw a slightly frightened Baekhyun quickly looked ahead at the road. It looked like Baekhyun was checking to see if Wendy's scary expression had changed over time.

She suddenly grabbed Seulgi, who was next to her, and whispered to her ear.

"Don't you find this fishy? We broke into their house but here they are sending us back home instead of taking us to the police," Wendy asked and looked up at Seulgi who nodded a bit and whispered back.

"Ye--yeah, it's a bit weird."

"I'm so sure they are probably taking us to someplace that sells organs or something."

"Ah...Let's...let's just wait and see," Seulgi replied and went back to her side where she was looking out the window and diving into her own imaginary world.

But Wendy disturbed her once more sliding next to Seulgi and whispering to her ear,

"I bet they are hiding something from us as well..."

Seulgi flinched a bit.

"...Or... they are all just a bunch of hormonal erts."

 

Baekhyun suddenly choked on his own spit hearing Wendy call them 'hormonal' and 'erts' in the same sentence, and had to have Jongin slap his back for him to not die coughing all the way.

But Wendy wasn't done trying to get to the bottom of why she was easily let off and even had one of their own, who were complaining against her, ignored.

"You guys know Wu Yifan, right? He also goes by the name Kris Wu," Wendy suddenly asked beaming to the front row seats from the small space and startling both Jongin and Baekhyun having her loud voice speak addressing them.

Seulgi panicked. She had already figured out on her own back at the house, while waiting for Wendy to wake up, that the actor that Wendy had been chasing was by all means the 'Kris' Baekhyun had mentioned to her a numerous times before back when they used to go to the same school. She had never seen him before thus didn't know him when Wendy asked her the very question before. But now that she knew, she felt bad for not realizing it faster.

Baekhyun just wobbled his head a bit till his brain actually processed the information and he tried not to act obvious.

Jongin on the other hand stayed perfectly calm and even denied knowing him.

Wendy then pulled out the paper she's been going around and asking people whether they'd seen the face on it, and showed it to Jongin and Baekhyun.

"Him...Have you seen him walking around the place by any chance?"

 

Baekhyun immediately shook his head vigorously while Jongin even took the paper, looked at the face closely and gave it back saying, "Hmm...I don't think I've seen anyone like that, not that I actually go out that much anyway."

 

This made Seulgi hold in her chuckle seeing him acting so perfect. It was very unlikely of Jongin.

 

Wendy then proceeded in asking numerous other questions and repeating them over and over to make sure they weren't reacting any different. And the interrogating finally stopped when Seulgi disturbed Wendy and said,

"Seung Wan, we are here."

Wendy looked out the window to see that they were at her apartment complex. 

Baekhyun turned his head seeing Wendy pack up her bag and said in a cheery voice, "It was nice meeting you."

"Not for me. It was horrible meeting you people really," Wendy blurted out making Seulgi nudge her.

Both Wendy and Seulgi got off the car together leaving the two boys still sitting inside. Seulgi could have just asked them to drive her to her place which was only a couple of blocks from Wendy's but that would arouse suspicion, for a girl in her right mind wouldn't trust two guy whom she met for the first time to drive her home alone. So, to keep up with her act, she too got off with Wendy.

"Thank you for dropping us," Seulgi thanked bending over while Jongin had his window opened.

Baekhyun smiled happily but Jongin just looked at her blankly as if he was absorbing the moment as a whole.

 

Soon, the car disappeared around the corner and left Seulgi to listen to Wendy scoff.

"I'm telling you, something didn't seem right with this entire situation. And what was that thing hiding down the basement? Did you see it?"

Seulgi rolled her eyes. "It definitely wasn't your precious Wu Yifan. So, forget about that place and don't ever go there again! Promise me?"

"Why? Did you think I'd fall in love with that guy too?"

Seulgi looked back at Wendy in confusion.

"The guy sitting on the passenger seat, I saw the way you look at him. Now that I think about it, you must have seen him around often too, eh? I mean the town there seems small and all too. Oh! So is that why they let you off so easily? Because you are his ex-girlfirend? Now it all makes sense!"

"Yah! Are you out of your mind?! I don't know them!"

Seulgi belted out at Wendy's ridiculous conclusion. And without further ado, she just turned around without another word and immediately started walking away.

"I guess that's what it is, eh?! I knew something was out of order..."

 

Seulgi walked off listening to Wendy mouth away whatever that came into her mind.

 

She walked away hurriedly and finally let her feet walk at a normal pace once Wendy's annoying voice wasn't heard anymore.

The street lamps that were lit one after the other on her path to her home seemed to be finally welcoming her after her hard days work. She couldn't believe she was still in one piece after all that.

Seulgi got to her apartment complex in another minutes time and entered the place giving off one last tired sigh.

But all along she didn't notice the car that was following her.

It finally stopped a little further away from the apartment complex and the two who were inside the car watched Seulgi climb the stairs, enter the third floor, get her key, open the door and finally go inside her apartment.

 

"Okay, let's go," Jongin said seeing that Seulgi had safely gone home.

But as he turned to see why Baekhyun wasn't driving the car away, he saw a pouty Baekhyun staring at him with big eyes.

"What?"

"Urr I want to pee."

"There are some bushes over there. No one will see you."

"Oh come on. Who does that these days--"

"If it's urgent I can teleport you back to Xiumin hyung's place."

"What about the car? You cannot teleport the car as well. It's too big."

"We can come back to take it home. So, do you want to go now?"

"Eh Xiumin hyung's is too far. We can just go to a close by place. A really close one..."

 

Jongin knew what Baekhyun was up to and he was in no way ready to grant Baekhyun's wishes.

But well, Baekhyun gets what he wants whether it's by whining till the person couldn't handle him or blackmailing the other. In this case he did both. And minutes later found himself hugging Jongin while they both stood on a very uneven balcony peeping inside the apartment Seulgi lastly walked into.

 

"You know this is considered trespassing!" Jongin whispered harshly still unable to fathom that Baekhyun was having him on his palm that easily.

"Oh come on, you've done this a million times...Just teleport inside. Why are we even on an about-to-fall balcony risking life?" Baekhyun spoke seeing that there was no one in the living room and probably saw Seulgi walk to the kitchen from the corner.

"Let's just go back. This could go wrong in so many ways, do you realize that?!"

"Okay fine! I'll knock so she can come and open the glass door."

"No! Don't!" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter