Chapter 41 : Betrayer

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tension was partly a correct and an incorrect word to describe the situation at Xiumin's place. Strangely though, no one questioned Suho's decision not to interrogate Tao after he woke up.

Chanyeol peeked while leaning against the wall from the opposite side to see Tao sitting at the kitchen table eating some food as if he was seeing it for the first time in his life.

After Suho ordered the rest, except for Lay and Kris, to go away, they've been slowly letting Tao regain his stability and strength.

D.O walked past Chanyeol from the kitchen holding two trays of food and plunged one on to his chest.

"Ouch!" Chanyeol whispered harshly holding onto the tray and watched D.O mouth,

"Take that to Chen. I have to take this to Luhan hyung."

Chanyeol watched D.O go and unlock the basement door and finally disappear leaving him awkwardly standing there staring at Chen's lunch.

He automatically grabbed the apple lying on the tray and munched away, making his way up the stairs and into the room Chen was in.
He walked into see Xiumin having a pleasant conversation with Chen. Chen, who had woken up only hours ago, was back to his usual self. His cheeky smile making his lips curl up all the way up to his cheeks with his antic movements whenever he talked in that strangely satisfying high pitch voice was something of a large piece that was missing the past few months (or years). He waved as Chanyeol came inside and handed him his tray of food.

"Which idiot trusted you with my lunch? I'm surprised that most of it is still here on the plate," Chen sounded out cheekily making Chanyeol roll his eyes,

"It was just the apple. Eat up before D.O comes in here and makes a face."

Chanyeol took a seat on the chair beside the bed and watched as Chen continued asking Xiumin how everyone was. He was trying to catch up with everything after most of the elders bombed his head with the whole everyone being hunted down and poisoned scenario. But Chen was a happy bubble; he accepted the confusing explanations easily and quickly moved on making Suho glad that at least one of them had the brains to just trust him and not go against them like most of them did when they came around after being healed.

Just then, Sehun barged inside the room and locked the door making the others look up at him.

He made his way to Chanyeol and grabbed him by the side to ask in a whisper, "What's going on down there?"

Chanyeol was the one who was chosen to spy on the ones who sent them away. Since Chanyeol was back now, the rest were curious to know what was going on.

Chanyeol wiggled his way out of Sehun's grasp and cleared his throat, "They are just asking him how he survived. But..." Chanyeol came closer and said in a whisper, "...it seems like he doesn't remember."

"And he's not poisoned as well?"

Jongin, who was napping on the floor on the other side of Chen's bed, suddenly jolt up startling Sehun and Chanyeol who didn't expect him to be there.

"All he says is that he was trying to find us. He keeps on saying that for everything thing, even when Lay hyung asked whether he wanted more soup! Suho hyung looks like he's pretty much given up. Kris hyung keeps on trying to keep the conversation with Tao going. I don't know why, but I don't think Tao's fully mentally stable. Something big must have happened."

"Well, he can stop time and wander off. For a person who is entangled in whole new dimension, who wouldn't go nuts?" Xiumin commented.

"But is time really a dimension?" Chen commented back wittily as if trying to start a very different conversation, but Chanyeol just knuckled his head standing up from his chair asking,

"Shut up, Chen...Where's Baekhyun?"

"Where do you think?" Sehun retorted.
 

Baekhyun was hanging by a rope. He was too impatient to wait for Chanyeol to bring in updates so he was going for it on his own. Also, it wasn't Chanyeol who found Baekhyun hanging down the rope tied onto the window sill of the large window on the second floor corridor. Chanyeol and Sehun only came out of the room where Chen was in, to find D.O dragging Baekhyun up from the rope and slapping him right after letting Baekhyun's feet touch the floor.

"Ouch! What's wrong with you?! I was just looking for something that fell off the window!"

"Well, if it fell off the window why don't you go outside and look for it down there?...What good does it bring you from spying, huh? They'd eventually tell us what's going on with Tao anyway. So impatient!"

D.O gave another slap and pushed Baekhyun away from the window making him go and knock on Chanyeol.

"Oh please! You are curious too..." Baekhyun started yelling back at D.O but D.O just walked away leaving Baekhyun to scoff back and follow him.

Chanyeol gave a smirk watching them bicker, and watched as Sehun joined them and whined at D.O together with Baekhyun. But Chanyeol soon moved away remembering something. He walked into his room and started searching for the clothes he wore the previous day. 

After which seemed like ages, he finally found them. Inside the pockets were some things that needed to be returned to their rightful owners. Chanyeol took those belongings into his hand and started thinking as to how to get them delivered back. He did have an idea. But he wasn't sure whether it would work.

It was evening when Chanyeol came out of his room with a partially heavy yet tiny opaque bag. He found the hallway to be deserted and he slowly walked his way to the room opposite his. He opened it to find just the right guy napping there like a log.

"Yo Kai! Jongin!"

Jongin opened his eyes in a flash making Chanyeol wonder if he was going to strangle him the next second for disturbing him. But Jongin stayed there and scoffed back, "Get out. Lay hyung ordered me to sleep."

"Oh! Well..." Chanyeol creeped into the room and closed the door behind him to come closer to Jongin and kneel beside him like a lost puppy.

"Whatever it is...no!" Jongin scoffed once more and turned the other way. Nevertheless, Chanyeol continued.

"...Just listen up and then decide. I just have some things that need to be returned to some people. Coming to think of it, you are the only person who can do that since, you know, you can teleport and --"

"Sorry, but Lay hyung already clearly told me not to use my powers for sometime and fully rest."

"Since when did you decide on listening to him? Anyway, you just need to go there, give these to Wendy or her friend..." Jongin's eyes automatically flashed open ,"...and just come back. It's simple!..."

Chanyeol waited for Jongin's answer but he said nothing. So, Chanyeol just stood up and kept the bag at the corner next to the door.

"Just incase you change your mind I'll just leave them here."

Jongin listened to Chanyeol leave the room and closed the door behind him. And just as Chanyeol left Jongin turned around to see the bag Chanyeol mentioned at the corner, and a cheeky smile crossed Jongin's lips.

 

***

 

Seulgi sighed, making her way back home after school, remembering the amount of home work that was piling up each day. She didn't even sleep for two hours last night and she still had to go to school and actually pay attention. And on top of that she was constantly feeling sad, guilty and angry whenever she suddenly remembered Wendy's face.

"Urgh! That stupid girl!" she kicked a stone while walking her way up the lane to her apartment complex.

Only Seulgi knew the amount of times she grabbed her hair whenever she remembered something she could have said to Wendy's face last night. She even repeated as to what happened, in her head, and formulated a perfect monologue to spit at Wendy if they ever crossed paths again.

Seulgi was boiling inside and she wasn't seeing things clearly.

As usual she walked her self up the stairs all the way to the third floor with her mind heavily calculating all the times Wendy had mistreated her, that she didn't notice a person standing in front of her door watching her come up and grab the front door key hidden under the small pot with the withered leaves decorating it on top.

It wasn't until Seulgi let her hand automatically find the key hole did she lift her head up seeing that the key hole had magically disappeared, and jumped back cursing to the person's face.

"Oh! So you curse too now? Wah! Dduelgi keeps changing everyday."

Seulgi watched Jongin charismatically speak twitching one of his eyebrows. It was the first time in a long time she was suddenly seeing that same Jongin that usually graced her previous school and drove all the girls crazy just by walking down the corridor.

"Uh! Move!" Seulgi shouted back. The anger in her body was still controlling her.

"What did I ever do to you?" Jongin retorted bending side ways covering the front door making sure she looked at him.

"My mother will come back any second so you better get out of here before she sees you and you ruin my life for good!"

"No no your mother is still at the clinic. I checked before coming here," Jongin replied back and smiled watching Seulgi sigh seeing that Jongin clearly had the upper hand in this conversation. Also, Jongin was not going to back down. It's been ages since he had properly annoyed Seulgi a bit.

"What do you want?" Seulgi asked gesturing him to move away from the door but Jongin just leaned against it.

"Well, first of all, I hope you don't misunderstand, but I didn't come all the way here to see you, actually speaking," Jongin watched Seulgi look at him for a couple of seconds and smirk in a disgusted manner before she pulled her hand out and tried pushing him away from the door.

"Then go away!"

But Jongin just chuckled before he grabbed her hand and pulled her closer so she'd stop rebelling. Seulgi gulped feeling a bit claustrophobic seeing his face so close to her. She looked away still trying to get loose.

He pulled her once more and made her hold a bag making Seulgi stop fighting and look at what she was holding.

Jongin let go of her and moved aside seeing her suddenly interested in the tiny bag on her hand.

"It's not for you, though," Jongin said seeing her going to open it, "Chanyeol hyung told me to tell you to give it to her, and that she'd know what it is."

"Who?"

"Chanyeol hyung."

"No, give this to who?"

"Oh! um...Wendy! That's the name."

Jongin watched Seulgi's face change into a grim expression before she said, "To Seungwan?"

"Oh yes, Seungwan-ssi."

Jongin waited for Seulgi to say something but instead he found her suddenly thrash open the bag and search through it.

"Phones?..."

"Chanyeol hyung said that it was her's and the other guy's, I can't remember his name now."

"Johnny...And money? Wah! This girl! Whatever she does is always for money. She lives and breathes money!"

Jongin worried a bit seeing Seulgi acting so unexpected like this. She shook the envelope of money as if she was trying make it vaporize.

Seulgi put everything inside again and held the bag back to Jongin and said, "Why did you come here? You should give it to her not me."

"But I don't know her like you."

Seulgi made Jongin hold the bag and picked up her key opening the door in one go.

"I'm sorry, Jongin. I don't know her either."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter