Chapter 61: Fluttering Eyes

my hero, my prince

"Are you ready?"

 

"Yeah"

 

Tiffany picked up her purse on her desk and closed her room door.

 

It’s been three month since the island incident happened. The news of Yuri being shot on the head by her best friend shocked her and it also angered her.

 

The first week has been hard for her; she slapped Taeyeon and shouted at her until her voice was gone as the older girl was detained inside the agency. The next few weeks, she barely ate the food Yoona been sending on her room, But kept asking how her lover's doing. Another week past Yuri and Seohyun’s Father, General Kwon talked to her. He gave her access to the agency head quarters to visit Yuri and Jessica. They are both in coma as the agency uses Yuri to get information from Jessica. Seohyun told her about Yuri's plan to give Jessica the choice to live again.

Teayeon has been devastated when she was informed on Yuri’s plan, sending her to a deep depression and now receiving a therapy by agency's therapist.

Tiffany was the one who told Taeyeon about the plan. She thought she can have her revenge from the pain she felt by telling it to Taeyeon. But instead of being satisfied all she felt was guilt.

But even if she felt gulty of what she done, she can’t shake the image of Taeyeon firing her gun to her lover’s head.  

 

 

"Took you long enough" Sooyoung said trying to ease the mood.

"Sorry I’m trying to look good for Yuri"

Sooyoung smile while she opened the passenger door for the shorter girl.

They drove to the agency quietly knowing that Seohyun is already there. As the car slows down, they saw Seohyun and a pickup truck with Yuri’s bike on it.

Tiffany immediately opened the car door as soon as the car stopped and rushes to Seohyun side. "Hey" she softly tapped Seohyun’s shoulder. The younger girl looked at her and returns to look at Yuri’s bike.

 

"Dad asked me to get this for him. They want to store most of Yuri’s things on the vault once the burial is finished. He said that he can’t think of anyone worthy using most of Yuri’s things, gadgets and weapons. He want to see the entire thing untouched by anyone but Yuri" a single tear roll down on Seohyun’s cheek.

 

Tiffany squeezed the younger girls shoulder and walked past her.  Yes it’s been hard for her, but thinking of Yuri’s younger sister who had been hidden from the enemy for her protection….

Yuri and Seohyun, they didn’t had a chance to really connect or bond publicly as siblings

 

She walked inside the head quarter and greets other people she knows.

She sat near beside General Kwon while Seohyun held her hand tight.

The ceremony starts with a blur as tiffany zoned out while her moments with Yuri has been playing on her mind all the time.

She realizes, she never got a time to savor her love for Yuri, also Yuri’s love for her.

They never kissed long enough even their lips were bruised and swollen

They never hugged long enough even if their skin burn with warmth and passion

They never make love long enough even if she felt her body sore in a good way

She never got enough

Their love was too short, too fast.

It ends before it really started.

She never felt her sob racking her body.

She never felt her lungs crushed as its gasping for air.

Too numb to feel anything when her heart is dying.

 

As the ceremony ends, Yuri’s body turns to ashes. Most of the people that shook her hand left. Only the family and friends stays.

 

The urn was left to post alongside Yuri’s portrait.

She walked slowly to it

This is real

Yuri’s gone

Tears started to flow from her eyes again.

Cold metal grazed on her finger tips.

Tiffany tried to smile. The smile Yuri uses to love and adored.

 

"Hey babe" she sigh as the coldness of the metal Engulfs her warm hand "will you wait for me in heaven?"

"I love you Yuri-ah"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

She woke up with tears in her eyes,

 

For the nth time since the incident, she had the same dream.

 

Yuri’s funeral

 

With a deep sigh, she stretched and yawns to erase the sleepiness in her eyes.

 

8 hours of pill induce sleep, yet she still feels restless.

 

3 months, but still no progress.

 

She turns around and search for the Jacket Yuri often use, Hugged it like her life depends on it.

 

“Yuri-ah” a small sobs started to wrack her body “Please wake up”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________