Chapter 36: The one who looks on her past

my hero, my prince

 

“Where is yuri unnie? She said she will give me weaponry training today?” yoona asked

“I don’t know? She didn’t come home last night too, right taeyeon?” sooyoung said, looking at taeyeon who is texting right now.

“Yup, ask seohyun, yuri always text her” taeyeon said not looking to anyone but her phone.

“Oh! She said she is with her mother last night, and she will be coming here a bit late” seohyun said looking at her phone searching for yuri’s text “wait I’ll text her when she will be coming”

“Where did Principal Kwon live? I thought they live about 8 miles away from the campus?” yoona curiously asked

“Oh no, her real mother is in the province?” Taeyeon said still focused on her phone.

“Wait? Principal Kwon Is yuri’s step mother? Yoona in yelled shocked

“Don’t need to yell kiddo, Yuri’s real mother died 6 months after she gave birth to yuri’s sister. They were attacked by the terrorist and her mother sacrifices herself for General Kwon, yuri and her sister to escape into safety, after her mom died they lived here and met Principal Kwon and after 7 years of being a friends and couple, Gen Kwon marries Principal Kwon. But Yuri never forgets about her real mother, she visits her grave once a week and lives there with her grandparents for a night or two.” Sooyoung explained to yoona.

“How about yuri’s sister? where is she?” yoona continued to ask

The three hung their heads low when yoona asked about yuri’s sister which gave yoona a bit of confusion. “What? Did I say something wrong?”

“She’s gone. When my mother sacrifices her self to save us, my father and I thought we will be save when we got out from the house. But when we’re running outside, the terrorist blow our house down. And because of the impact, my dad, me and my sister got blown up too. After the explosion my dad only saw me, and after a year of searching for my sister or atleast her remains, we failed to do so.” Yuri said while putting down her stuff on the bench, yoona looked at yuri with her sad eyes “Don’t look at me like that, go warm your body up our training will start for a minute. Seohyun, I want to talk to you please follow me”

Yoona obeyed yuri and start stretching her arms, she’s kept thinking about yuri’s sister that she didn’t hear sooyoung about how to stretch properly “Hey! Are you listening to me? You’re going to have cramps if you keep doing that” sooyoung said as she held yoona’s arm correcting the latter’s way of stretching.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

“What is it unnie?”

“What I’m going to say right now is purely confidential, don’t say it to anyone even the generals or sooyoung and taeyeon.”

“What is it unnie?” I repeated, this confidential thing makes me more curious.

“It’s about Jessica, she revealed to me that she is one of the terrorist working for our enemy, and she wants my help”

Wait? What? No way!

“What help did she want from you?” I asked, I still can’t believe that Jessica-unnie is a terrorist? That sleepy unnie? Who keeps yawning and ask yuri-unnie to carry her? Wow!

“She wants me to kill her”

“What?! No way!” this is insane! Really insane! “Taeyeon-unnie needs to hear this, I’m going out” I said about to walked out from the room. But yuri-unnie grabbed my hand

“I already told you that this thing is confidential, she can’t hear this. She might do crazy thing that can cause trouble, and because it’s about Jessica it will be BIG trouble” yuri whispered to me “beside she said she will tell us important things about their group, how they move, what are they thinking, and what they are up to, this is big opportunity for us. And she said that’s the only way out, they pledge their life to their group. The pledge cannot be broken, but once you broke it you’ll die, and she don’t want to die to them, she wan’t to die for us”

“Unnie Don’t tell me you really going to kill her, Unnie! She is Jessica-unnie, the person you loved! The person teayeon-unnie love! We can have those informations! I already develop a system that can manipulate their database, see what they are planning. Isn’t that enough for you?” I defended

As much as I hate Jessica-unnie for cheating yuri-unnie, I still love her. I can’t turn my back from her, one mistake isn’t enough for me to hate the person I treated as my older sister.

“I know” yuri-unnie sighed “that’s why I told you about this, I don’t know what to do, but I can’t tell taeyeon about this, she will make rush decision about this and we can’t afford mistake cause jessica’s life is at stake”

She’s right, we can’t tell taeyeon-unnie about this, being a hot tempered leader that she is, she can’t think clear about this situation especially about Jessica-unnie

“Keep this a secret seohyun ok? I’ll let you know if I got a plan, for now we need teach your girlfriend how to kick some terrorist’s ” she said, trying to smile

I want to walk outside this room but a lot of question in my mind is trying to stop me. “unnie, why Jessica-unnie wants to kill herself? And why you? For all the person she knows, why she choose you not taeyeon-unnie? And why not she kills herself? Commit suicide maybe?”

She smiled at me and sat up from her seat. “soooo many questions hyun”

“Sorry, I’m just curious you know?”

“I know, but my ‘in a minute’ is up and I need to train yoona or else-“

“Or else she will get jealous” I cut yuri-unnie of for I know what happen if my girlfriend started to get suspicious again.

“Yes, that some girlfriend you have there seohyun” she smirked

“Yeah, I know but-“

“I know” yuri-unnie cut me off.

I smiled at her. Ever since we were young she really knows what I’m thinking, what I feel, what decisions I’ll take. Sometimes our personality contradicted but in the end she will understand it. She always does

That’s why I love her.

“She grew up here, a terrorist who grew up here to study our country. It maybe a good move but also a risky one. Spies like her cannot be trusted, they may pledge their life to their group but what and where they grew up, they love, might change their minds. That’s why they are being monitored 24/7. Jessica lives with her foster family since she was brought here. She was adopted by them not knowing what she really is. But living with them, Jessica only felt love for them, they might not related to each other but once Jessica back-out they can get involved to sica’s punishment. And if she tries to take her life, somebody will stop her, punish sica and them. The only way out is me” she chuckled at me “I already asked her why not teayeon, or sooyoung? She just said cause you’re the blackpearl.”

“Died fighting” I said, Yuri-unnie she being the black pearl really is a curse

“Yup, and me killing her is undeniably no doubt for their group and accept her defeat to me”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yoona’s POV

After the training yuri-unnie and I go to our house, she said she want to see her girlfriend. She gave me a ride with her BMW Type Z4! How cool is that? She said this is her favorite old car. But when I asked how old this car is, she said it’s about 6 month’s old car!

Great!

And here I am can’t even buy my own bike.

And there she is, not using her 6 months-old super cool car until now.

You know what? Being friends with rich people sometime, but the things is, they can treat you all the food that you want.

Talking about User-Friendly huh?

Can’t wait to see my sister reaction but yuri-unnie’s bad car.

We reached my house and I ran inside the house yelling my sister’s name

“Tiff-unnie! your lover is here!”

“Your Girlfriend Yuri-unnie is here!”

I laugh while calling my sister, I’m sure she’s blushing right now

“YOOOONNNAAAA!”

OOOOPS! Here she comes! She looks like a tomato with all that redness on her face. Need to run now!

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hey there pretty babe, miss me?” Yuri hugged Tiffany tight

“Says the one who didn’t txt me last night!” Tiffany pouted “Of course I missed you! You said you’ll text me when you got home, and I wait for your text all night, I didn’t get any sleep. Look!” she pointed at her eyes. “Eye bags! Then this morning yoona said you’re going to meet her” she pouted even more, while her girlfriend only chuckled at her.

“Aigoo, jealous fany fany tiffany is soooooo cute” Yuri pinched both of tiffany’s cheek

Tiffany then took yuri’s hand from her and look at her girlfriend eye. “Yah! I’m serious here!”

Yuri hugs tightens as she put her head on her girlfriends shoulder “Nana and Dada asked me to stay with them last night, I had to take care of them and listen to their endless love stories that I didn’t have a chance to text you until today, sorry~ fany-ah” yuri lied, she choose not to tell her girlfriend what happen last night, she didn’t have the courage to say it right now.

“Oh…..how are they?” tiffany already knows what happen to yuri’s mom and every time she remembered it, her heart will start to soften and have pity on yuri.

“They’re….actually looked older the last time I saw them” yuri said, earning a giggle from tiffany.

“Am I forgiven?” yuri asked she gently pushed tiffany to break their hug and to see her girlfriend’s face

“Forgive and forgotten” tiffany said she pat yuri’s nose with her fingers and hug the latter again.”I miss you”

“Miss you too babe” yuri answers “so what do you want to today?” she broke the hug again and held tiffany on her waist

“I actually don’t know? I plan to ignore you today, but my plan didn’t work so yeah” tiffany said putting both of her hand on her pocket.

“I have an idea!” yuri yelled, she grabbed tiffany’s hand and ran to the latter’s room.

“Wait, what you are doing?” tiffany stopped preventing yuri to enter her room.

“Going inside you’re room, that’s what I’m doing” yuri walked again but stopped by tiffany.

“No! Not going to happen” tiffany still blocking yuri to her room.

“What?? I’m just going to stay there and lay to your bed, and I promise not to touch and harass you even if I am tempted to do so” she winked at tiffany

“Yah!!!!! Byunyul!! You give me a reason not to let you in my room”

“Tiffany hwang let me in or else” yuri walked again to enter tiffany’s room

“or else what???”

“Or else” yuri carried tiffany in bridal style and open tiffany’s room with her back. She was about to close the door when yoona saw them and hear her sister yelling and punching yuri’s arm “hi!” yuri said to yoona.

“OH MY GOD! I going to tell mother about this, unnie you are soooooo dead” Yoona laughed at her sister while yuri shut the door.

“Don’t you dare yoona!! Or else I’m going to kick your sorry when mom knows about this!!!!!!!” yoona heard her sister inside the room. “Yuwwwreeeee!!! Stooopp it pleeeaaaasee!!”

“Make me!!” yoona answered back. She came back to her room and dials her mom’s number “hello mom, I think you need to prepare yourself, you’re going to have a grandchild!!! hahahaha”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author A ◕‿◕