Into the deep: in Busan

Perfect Stranger

Jong Hyun was all tired after the 3 weeks in Japan. A five city concert  tour wasn't a joke but it was fun and enjoyable. It's just tiring. He just arrived in Korea and have a 3 days to rest before the final concert in Busan.

His bandmate will be there to support him. He was happy that the president agreed to have the final concert in Busan. He wanted it to be a memorable concert. His friends and schoolmates way back set up an after party reunion. Min Hyuk and Jung Shin will be staying at Yong Hwa's parents and they will all explore Busan the next morning.

The was a full house concert. Yong Hwa sang with him in the song Hero which was from their recent full album, 2gether. He wrote the song for his father who he looked up as his hero. The three joined him in Teardrops in the rain. The crowd went wild when the three came out from the back stage to join Jong Hyun in the song.

"Thanks guys," Jong Hyun was teary eyed. Yong Hwa initiated a group hug which  made the crowd screamed louder and wilder.

Jong Hyun took the stage again as the three left. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for coming tonight. Thank you for your unending support to me and my band. Who bought my solo album?" he directed the mic to the crowd. A full and loud screamed answer satisfied him. "Thank you very much. This is the last leg of my solo tour and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who were behind me during the completion of this album. Our CEO who gave me this opportunity to release a solo album, my parents and family who supported me all the way, the crew and staff who sacrificed their time in fulfillment of this  project. To Yong Hwa hyung, for the guidance and help, my band mates and friends and most especially to all my fans. This was all done because of your love and support. Above all, I want to thank the almighty God for giving us all good health. Thank you very much and I love you all." He made a 90 degree bow. It wasn't hidden to the crowd that he wiped his tears. "This last song is the bonus song in my album. Did you guys like it?" The crowd answered with a screaming YES.  The intro for  Halley's comet came up. As soon as the song ended, the crowd chanted for encore. It was always given in any concert that the performer does encore. He smiled to the crowd. "Since it's the last leg and it's in my home town,  this is a special stage for me." He took his guitar and started strumming. "Especially for you." He sang the acoustic version of Into the deep followed by Undefined. He ended the concert by playing his guitar to the tune of Into the deep. "Thank you very much!" he bowed and waved as he left the stage.

 

 

Lee Shin was a hesitant to attend the reunion party in Busan but she already gave her word to Kim Chung Hoo. She can't take it back. She wanted to plead busy but something was pushing her to go and attend Jong Hyun's concert and the reunion party. True, she was busy recently. After her appearance in Shanghai, her brother sent her to Taiwan for another business meeting and then to Singapore. She almost had a fight with her brother why he is suddenly  getting her to do something for the company. Chae Won was already complaining because they had to delay one episode release because of her delayed drawings. She nearly missed an opportunity to meet the person who has her dress designs. He had to get her brother to get her fly in a private jet in order to make it for her morning meeting with the guy. And it wasn't a waste. He admit he had kind of crush at first sight on the guy. Jeong Jun Seong. A native of Busan. But they didn't exchange much stories and he haven't told her how he had the design. Tae Min called and was in dire need. She had to rescue his little brother. He sent two messages but she can't get a definite time to meet him. He had to rush some drawings for the webtoon they are currently running and Chae Won's pressuring her to do the next story. Then there's his brother trying to involve her in the business. She barely have time for herself. She sent a message to Jun Seong that he  was busy. Jun Seong was so nice to reply and told her that he's busy as well.

When Kim Chung Hoo emailed her to confirm her attendance at the party, she told her family and to Chae Won that she is going somewhere for a quick vacation. Her family didn't ask about it. Knowing her, they knew that it's probably a work related and not a vacation.

She was hesitant to go because there's a  high probability that she might ran into Jong Hyun. But she can't back out. And on other side of her head, she wanted to watch Jong Hyun's solo concert. The last time she saw him was in Busan. She received few messages but she didn't replied to them. She doesn't want to give him the idea that she wanted to communicate with him.

She decided to take the KTX instead of flying. The airport might be full of fangirls on route Busan for Jong Hyun's concert. But it was the same with the KTX.  It was full of fangirls on their way to watch concert. She ignored her surroundings. Her mind was away on how to face Jong Hyun in case she will bump into him. 'Oh.. that reminds me...' she fished her phone from her purse. 'Jun Seong is from Busan. Did he mentioned we went to the same school? So is he coming to the reunion?' she grinned. She was about to type a message but deleted it again. She'll surprise him.

The privilege of being a Shin. She just showed her card to the receptionist and the manager came to take care of her right away. The hotel was fully booked but she was assigned to a VIP room. She didn't plan to use her card but she need a place to crash for the night. All the hotel were booked when she tried to book one before leaving Seoul.

When she went down to buy something  she heard from the employees that a VIP was in their hotel. Many were assuming that a celebrity checked in to their hotel. Lee Shin just smiled then her phone rang. It's her brother.

"Oppa,"

"baby girl, are you in Busan?"

"Huh? Uh...How did you know?"

"My secretary got a hit on one of our card. It's issued under your name. We wanted to make sure it was you. What are you doing in Busan? Are you... Isn't Lee Jong Hyun from Busan? Baby girl, are you and .."

She cut her brother. "I'm attending a highschool reunion. I met a class mate months ago and he invited me to the reunion." she explained.

"Oh... When are you coming back? Uhm... Did you get the report on Eun Seo?"

"uh.. no.. Where is it?"

"I'll send to your email. So when are you coming back. Mom mentioned about the Kim family. I think she's setting you up for a blind date,."

"Oh my God oppa. If mom will force me to get married. I am telling you now. I will go into hiding that you can't find me."

"baby girl. Get a boyfriend. That way mom will stop finding a match."

"And mom will be nagging us to get married. Nope. I will go to Africa if that will stop mom,"

Her brother laughed. "Stop overreacting. I'll see you soon. You take care of yourself."

"Thanks oppa," she hang up. She walked back to her suite. Kim Chung Hoo said  that the party will be at a rented hall. It will be right after the concert so there's no dress code. Lee Shin picked skinny denim pants. It's still cold so she chose a black tops printed with red doodles. She finished the outfit with a pink  imax sneakers and a black trench coat.

She was getting ready to go when the suite phone rang. It's from the reception. "Ma'am, when you're ready let us know. The car's waiting."

"Huh? what do you... Oh... I'll be out in five minutes."

"OK. see you at the front." the receptionist hang up.

Lee Shin didn't wonder how did he had a car waiting. Her brother probably called the hotel. "Oh you spoil me too much," she murmured and closed the door behind her. Her eyes went wild when the receptionist escorted her outside to the car. "Darn Shin Jun Ha, you're going to blow away my hidden identity." she murmured. She smiled and bowed to the receptionist. "Thank you."

"Where are we headed to miss?" the driver asked.

"Uh.. BEXCO."

"Oh.. Are you going to the concert?"

"Yeah."

"My daughter's probably there by now." the driver said.

"Oh.. your daughter's going to the concert too?" Lee Shin became excited. "How old is your daughter?"

"Eleven. She's going with her cousins. I didn't want her to go because she's too young but she cried the whole night." the driver kept talking shaking his head. "When she told me the artist is from Busan. I kinda thought twice. She had to drag her cousin and got me to allow her to watch the concert."

"Ohh....The good thing is she asked permission." Lee Shin stated.

The driver nodded in agreement. "we're here miss. Enjoy the concert. Here's my number. Just give me a call when you're ready to go."

"Oh... Why don't you call your daughter and we'll leave together. I'm sure her cousins will be going somewhere after the concert." Lee Shin suggested.

"Oh.. no. no.. I'm at work. Her cousins will take her home first..."

"I insist. I want to talk to her about the concert. You see I came alone and I don't know anyone."

"But..."

"No more buts. Tell your daughter and that's final." Lee Shin said in a firm voice but politely as she exited the car.

Lee Shin cautiously entered the venue. There were lots of fans still outside the venue.

She walked to her designated seat. She asked the CEO earlier if there were extra tickets. She lied that she's getting her friends as a present. The CEO sent her 5 VIP seats. It's not on the  arena but on the second level. She was tempted earlier  to  switch it to random person at the gate. Jong Hyun's family will be present that's for sure. She doesn't want to risk bumping into them. She stayed at the lobby until it's 5 minutes before the concert starts. She breathe in relief when she found her seat was 4 rows above the first row. The area was a bit empty. She sat at the far end seat. If someone will claim it, she'll switch her seat. True Jong Hyun's family were on the VIP section. There's Yong hwa, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin. Yong Hwa's parents were present as well. The first two rows were filled up. 'His friends maybe,' Lee Shin just sat there listening and observing. She listened to the whole album before.

a/n: Some light chapter update. Say hello to february....