Living with a stranger : Mom's visit

Perfect Stranger

Jong Hyun woke up late. He came home late last night. He went  for the filming of WGM, practice at FNC, and meeting for the drama Orange marmalade. He was about to walk in to the living room when he heard voice.

"Honey, are you sure you're ok in here?"

"Mom, I'm fine." That was Lee Shin's voice.

"But your bed is...Do you want me to send in a bigger bed? Are you sure you're comfortable?"

"Mommy, I won't be staying here for long. That bed is fine. Mom, I've slept on worst bed," Lee Shin was laughing. It's the first time he heard her laugh.

"Is he treating you well?" the older woman asked.

"Gosh! Mommy, I just moved in yesterday. And okay for your peace of mind. Yes, he's nice. uhh for now."

"I just read things about him. He's supposed to be nice. I've read he's close to his parents and he speaks Japanese fluently. Honey, he's really handsome. I want to meet him,"

Lee Shin chuckled. "I don't know anything about him and mom, don't push it okay. This won't work. You know me."

"Then what's with moving in with him?" her mom shot her the question.

"Oh gosh! mom, we'll be going on and on and on again. Look mommy, why are you pushing me to get married at my age. Jun Ha oppa's not yet married. He's the one you should be pushing to get married. Mom, I'm still 24. I have plans before getting into marriage life. I want to build a name on my own not just because I am a Lee and a Shin."

"Sweetheart, you're dad and I are old we want grand kids,"

"Then set oppa's wedding now." Shin Lee started to flare.

"Your brother can have the wedding any time but we're worried about you. Look at you, you should be enjoying your life going out with men instead of cooping in a room working."

Lee Shin sighed. "Mom, this is not going anywhere. Mommy, I promise when I met that man of my life. When I fell inlove. I promise I will bring him home right away. I might even beg you to set the wedding right away."

Her mom sighed as well. "Do it in a year," she laughed.

"This is not really going anywhere. Have you seen Tae Minie's performance lately? He's adorable," Lee Shin changed the topic.

"Don't change the topic young lady. When am I meeting this Lee Jong Hyun? I want to be the first before your dad,"

Lee Shin laughed again. "You sure want to beat dad in this huh? He's home but I think he's still sleeping. He came in late."

"Alright. uh.. Are you eating properly? Do you want me to send some foods? I don't want you ordering foods outside,"

Lee Shin shook her head. "mom, I lived alone for 5 years. You should know that by now. You taught me how to make my own food. I'm fine."

"Sorry honey. It's just that I missed you and you can't stay with us. Dinner on saturday at home. Don't make excuse. Tae Min is coming home."

"Oh.. mom, don't mention anything to him yet. I don't want him worrying,"

"As you wish dear. I'm going. See you Saturday,"

"See you," Lee Shin closed the door and made a deep breath as she closed her eyes.

"Is that your mom?" Jong Hyun's voice boomed in the living room that made Lee Shin opened her eyes and jumped.

"God! Did you just got up?" she walked and sat down at the couch. "Yeah. She's worried am not living well. She wanted to meet you,"

"You should have knocked and woke me up," Jong Hyun said nonchalantly.

"and then what? bear the wrath of awaken person? No thank you. I know better than waking up people who have just gotten into their sleep. And no. You can't meet my mom yet. And I don't think you'll be meeting her. I'll find a way to clear up this mess."

Jong Hyun looked away.

"Hey, what's your schedule tomorrow?" Lee Shin asked.

"Uhm, I've an early morning filming and practice at night. Why?" Jong Hyun asked back.

"I'm wondering if you can ask your bandmate to have lunch over. I mean, while I'm not yet busy. I ..uhmm want to meet them." Actually she feel bad walking into their practice room and yelling at Jong Hyun. She's not that type but she was so mad of what Jong Hyun did and that prompted an idea to her mom's head.

Jong Hyun looked at her quizzically.

"The boys have activities in the morning as well. How about early dinner since we will be heading to FNC for the practice at night," Jong Hyun joined her at the kitchen

"Sounds good. I can have time to do groceries. So what are their preference?" Lee Shin grabbed the pen and notepad by the counter.

"Meat. Specifically beef. They basically eat anything." Jong Hyun answered with a pout but he didn't show it to Lee Shin. He was the man of the house and she didn't even asked what he wanted for dinner. 'man! this is going to be difficult.'

She opened the pantry and found it empty. "Why is your pantry empty. Ugh. Are you telling me that all we got are the one I got from the grocery yesterday?"

"There's meat in the freezer," Jong Hyun said.

Lee shin opened the fridge and found it empty as well. "I hope you learn something from your show of getting married. Oh...hey, do they eat chicken?"

"of course, who doesn't?"

"Great.  See you tomorrow," Lee Shin went back to her room.