Working

Perfect Stranger

I was exhausted. Now I know how YongHwa  hyung had been through when he was doing activities here in Korea and we were back in Japan. I'm preparing for my solo album release in full blast. It's tiring. The tracks were selected and recorded. What is left is the album cover. I asked CEO-nim if he can get Lee Shin to do the covers. She's artistic. I saw her drawings. His collaboration with Kim HeeChul alone was amazing. However CEO-nim said that her brother called him the other  day telling the agency that Lee Shin rejected it. I badly want her to do it. Wait. Badly? Did I really wanted her artistic skills or I just wanted to see her. Meet her again. Talk to her again. See one of her smiles. I don't know. I guess I just wanted to see her.

I didn't got the chance to meet her yesterday. Min Hyuk and I left early for  filming. Apparently after we left, she came. I didn't know until I saw the crepes Jung shin uploaded. I recognized it. I called Jung Shin and he confirm that she made those crepes.

I decided to pick up a drink on the way. Drive thru was always the safest. I just picked up my drink and was driving out when someone crossed. I squinted. I'm  probably tired. I am seeing things. I hit my brake. I slowed down and saw her get into a car. It's the same car the last time I saw her. Three months ago.  Lime green Porsche. She's the only one I knew who drives a lime green SUV Porsche. I followed her when she drove away from the parking. Flowershop? I waited till she came out. I can see her face clearly. Something's off. Her face looks gloomy. I followed her and we came to the charnel house. "Visiting her son." I concluded. I was about to turn away when I thought it's  time to confront her. I got out. I didn't follow her right away. I know the spot. I walked towards the spot where I last saw her. My eyes squinted again. That's  not the spot.

I waited  for her to finish up. I was about to walked up on her when she moved and offered another bunch of flowers.  I was puzzled. If that was her grandmother. She should have offered flowers before as well. I waited till she was done. I hid myself until she gotinto her car. I walked to the first area where she offered flowers. Another ultrasound photo. I read the name. "Baby Lee Shin" Baby Lee Shin? She had another baby. Lost another baby? My jaw dropped. My face went sullen. That must be hard on her. Losing 2 babies. I walked back to my car with a heavy heart. I feel for her. That's  probably why her aura changed. Yong Hwa  hyung  said he met her in London last month and she was very much cheerful. She probably lost the baby recently.

I suddenly had this urge to call my sister. "noona, how are you?"

"oh.. JongHyun -ah. What's  up?"

Noona, I miss you. How's  the baby? "

"Baby 's growing big. You should  come and see your neice."

"I'll  come down when I get the chance."

"Hmmm... Have you called mom?

"I'll  call her later,"

I can't  get Lee Shin off my mind. She must have been  suffering  a lot. And too think that I was insisting that she makes my cover album.  I called my CEO and wanted to discuss my cover.

-end of JH PPOV-

 

"Lee Shin?" Jong Hyun was surprised to see Lee Shin at the CEO's office. The CEO asked him to report for a meeting regarding his solo album.

"Sit down." the CEO motioned the seat across Lee Shin.

"I already discussed everything. I'll leave you two to discuss about the cover," The CEO got up. "Oh…just to let you know. I agreed for 1 percent sale share pay off for her service."

"Huh?" Jong Hyun was bit lost. "Oh.. You mean she agreed to do it?"

"Uh... I would prefer to talk it in their practice room or studio. I want to listen to the songs and everything before I start working with the designs." Lee Shin said.

"Suit yourself." the CEO turned to Jong Hyun. "I expect you to behave."

"Sir?" Jong Hyun was clueless what's the CEO trying to say.

Lee Shin got up. "See you," she started first towards the door.

The two walked down the hallway without saying anything.

"Ohhh! Noona!" Min Hyuk bounced and ran towards Lee Shin and hugged her. "oooppps..." he immediately detangled himself from Lee Shin

"hello Min Hyuk,"  Lee Shin greeted casually.

"Oh... Noona, Lee Hongki Hyung and Min Wan." Min Hyuk introduced. "Guys, Lee Shin noona."

"Lee Shin?" Hongki repeated.

"I know hyung. We had the same reaction when we met her. Noona, Hongki hyung, was  in the drama where  Yong Hwa hyung appeared as Lee Shin." Min Hyuk explained.

"Nice to meet you Miss Lee Shin," Hongki bowed.

"Hyung, are you..." Min Hyuk looked at Jong Hyun.

"Working. we'll be in the studio" Jong Hyun answered. "Sorry guys, we need to get to work,"

"Oh... Min Hyuk.." Lee Shin suddenly thought about Hye Jin. "Hmmm, mind coming over to the studio when you get the chance."

"Sure. Oh.. Noona, the crepes were awesome. Thank you."

"Oh… come by the café sometime. It's better if fresh."

"Sure do noona."

Lee Shin and Jong hyun left the group.

"Who's she?" Lee Hongki asked. "pretty cute."

"She'll be doing Hyung's album cover. Oh.. did you see Kim Hee Chul's book. He did the drawings." Min Hyuk answered.

Hongki nodded. "Lee Shin."

"And hyung, you have to try her crepes. It's heaven." Min Hyuk was exaggerating.

"Owsss?" Hongki raised brows.

"Seriously hyung. But I heard she only make it for special people."

"That makes you special?" MinWan rolled his eyes.

"You can say that," Min Hyuk grinned proudly.

"What's the name of the café?"

"Glass. You got to try it."

"You said she only make it for special people. I'm pretty sure she can only make it. What if she's not there when we go there?"

"Uhhhh" Min Hyuk paused. "We'll make an appointment."

"Hyung, look at these. The drawings are interesting." Min Wan showed his phone to Hongki.

"Ohhhhh….Talented." Hongki commented. "You gave me an idea."

Min Hyuk and Min Wan looked at Hongki.

"I want to talk to her." Hongki left the two and walked towards the CEO office. An idea popped into his head. He wants to talk it to the CEO before Lee Shin will leave the building.

 

 

~~~~

"Here  are the tracks. Wanna hear it ?" Jong Hyun held the paper.

Lee Shin  nodded.  JongHyun handed her a head phone and they sat  beside each other listening to the song.  Lee  Shin signalled him to stop playing. "What's  your actual theme for this ? I can feel hurting, pains, longing."

Jong Hyun  faced her. "Some I composed long time ago. It's  falling inlove and falling out of love. Life. Going the extra mile. Be it work. Love. Life. Anything."

Lee Shin nodded. "Any ideas for the cover? Thinking of anything? Oh.. What was the title?"

"Into the Deep. I'm thinking of myself looking far away," he answered.

Lee Shin looked at him and raised brows. "Then you should have  done  photoshoot. There's no need  of my service here." she stated and took off her headphone. 

"You lost weight," Jong Hyun commented. 'Yong Hwa mentioned some time ago that she looks she gained weight and was cheerful when he met her in London. Probably while she was still pregnant? When did she lost her baby then? Maybe that's why she lost weight.' he thought.

"Do I look like?" Lee Shin asked backed with out taking her eyes off the computer.

"I think so."

"Here's my idea." Lee Shin showed Jong Hyun the draft. "You have no definite theme. An abstract and Photorealism. Your face will be visible somehow from this abstract. Photorealism. You need to have the perfect photo to go with the drawings."

"Is that possible?" Jong Hyun was in doubt. Lee Shin glared at him. "Ok. Ok. I trust you. Can I see a sample?"

"Get me a cardboard and colors."

"You mean you're really going to paint it not do it graphically on computer?" Jong Hyun was gaping at  Lee Shin.

"I told you I am not a graphic artist," Lee Shin eyed him.

"Sorry. I.. I mean. uhmm.."

"I can work with graphics but it's not my forte."

"What colors do you need?" Jong Hyun asked her. "Do you want to go shopping?"

"I don't have that time." Lee Shin browsed and searched for the materials she needed. She listed it down and gave it to Jong Hyun."I'll start with the graphics,"

"I'l get manager hyung to buy them." Jong Hyun took the list and went out.

Lee Shin started working on the graphics. It's the same concept. An Abstract that depict Jong Hyun's  character.  She abandoned the mouse and leaned back. She put back her head phone and hit play. She wanted to listen and digest more about his songs.

Jong Hyun came back after few minutes. He stood at the door and watched Lee Shin.

Jong Hyun  didn't want to bother Lee Shin while she's  working. He was about to leave  when Lee Shin turned  and saw him. She took off her headphone.

"This is the idea." she opened a file. I need an HQ photo. Do you have a resident photographer? "

"uhh.. We do. I'll  call CEO-nim to ask. " JongHyun  walked to the corner and called someone. He went back to the table after his conversation on the phone. "He left this morning. His daughter  was sick."

Lee Shin tilted  her head and then looked at JongHyun. "Is the camera in the building?"

"uh.. What I know yes. The cameras are left in the studio. "

"Let me talk to the CEO. Is he still in the building?"

"I guess so."

Lee Shin  got up and walked out of the room.

"I'm  coming with you." Jong Hyun  caught up with her.

"Let's  try to do a photo shoot. So you can have the idea of what I am trying to do."

"Photoshoot. But we don't  have..."

Lee Shin Knocked at the CEO 's office. Luckily  he was still in the office. Lee Shin  explained her ideas. The CEO  was all supportive and had the gadgets brought to his office.

"You're free to use anything you need. I want this to be release before spring. You do photography as well?"

"Ah... not really. everybody can be a photographer."

"Oh... Lee Jung Shin.. Jung Shin can take the shoot." The CEO suggested.

"Oh.. that's good. I didn't know he does photography. Shall we try it? Hmmm Any idea of place?" Lee Shin turned to Jong Hyun. "Nature? City life?"

"I think Nature would fit since most of the songs talks about love." The CEO suggested. "I already sent a message to Jung Shin. He'll meet you at the venue."

"I don't have anything in mind. You think for a place," Lee Shin looked at Jong hyun.

"uh... Let's just go out and do some random shoot."

"Sir, I'll call Jung Shin to come here instead," Jong hyun said.

"Okay. I get few assistant to help you guys out."

"Okay, then." Lee Shin got up.

Lee Shin and Jong Hyun left the office.

"Are you really okay doing this?" Jong Hyun was hesitant about the photoshoot.

Lee Shin breathed deeply. "Yong Hwa oppa said you threw tantrums. He came and begged. I can't say no to him."

Jong Hyun stared at Lee Shin with open mouth.

"Before flies enter your mouth. Close it and let's go. We're wasting time here." Lee Shin started towards the parking. She got into her car. She used her old car not the porsche. Few minutes later, Jong Hyun was knocking at her window. She lowered down the window.

"We're using the van. It would be easier"

"Ok Sure." Lee Shin rolled back up her window and got out of her car.