Puzzle

Perfect Stranger

Lee Shin said the meeting won't take long. I checked my time. She has been in the building for nearly 2 hours now. I don't want to call her as I might interrupt a meeting. I parked at a curb entertaining myself with the fans surrounding the building. So this is how it looks like in our building as well. I just didn't have the chance to observe. The fans scrambles in when an artist  arrives. I saw how the fans crowded in when Lee Tae Min arrived. Gifts, letters were shoved on him.

I checked the time again. Quarter to 4. What's taking her so long. I looked at the entrance again. The fans started to ran towards the exit. "Who is it this time?" I was curious.  A car was being chased by fans. I knew that car and.. the passenger. What the hell is happening? I dialed a number.

"Hey.. what's up?" he answered.

"Uhm, I was just wondering if you're free right now. Wanna catch up?" I asked as I slowed down and followed their car.

"Sorry dude. I've something going on. How about I call you tonight?" he declined.

"Alright. Just wondering. Talk to you soon." I hang up. They have been driving around and around. Then they entered an area. Batting cage? What the hell Kim Jong Hyun? Kim Jong Hyun alighted first and opened the passenger door. I focused on her. She look distraught. I waited for few more minutes making sure they settled on a cage. I walked up and find myself a cage as well. She was on the batting cage and Kim Jong Hyun was outside. I can see that she was angry on the  way she swings the bat alone.

Goddamit! What am I doing? This isn't the first time. Why am I stalking her? And what the hell is with her? Gdragon. Park Jong Hoon. Onew. and now Kim Jong Hyun? Who's next? My brain can't process at the moment. I swung few bats when I heard my phone rang. I glanced at their cage and saw Kim Jong Hyun batting. Lee Shin's probably calling me. I threw the bat and answered my phone with out checking the caller. "hello,"

"Oppa,"

Lee Shin never called me oppa. I withdraw the phone from my ears and checked the caller. Seung Yeon. "Oh Seung yeon- ah,"

"Oppa, you know Lee Shin right?" she asked.

I squinted. "Lee Shin?"

"Yeah. The girl from the restaurant. You know her right or else you couldn't have introduced her to the media with her real name." It was a statement.

"Yeah. why? What's going on?" I have the feeling that I'm not going to like what she's going to say.

"Our CEO to knows her and she seems to be an important person,"

"Important?" I repeated. What do you mean by that?"

"The CEO was all worried about her and treated her like one," Seung Yeon answered.

"The CEO?" I started to ponder. Our CEO treated her just the same. "Seung Yeon-ah, I'll call you later. I have to go," I hang up. Kim Jong Hyun and Lee Shin were leaving. I cautiously followed them. The car stopped at a sub way station. Lee Shin got out. As expected. She's taking the subway. Much that I want to follow her, I can't. Getting recognized in the subway is too much to handle. I called her.

"Hey," she answered my call.

"Uh.. Are you done?" I asked letting her know that I was still at the SM area.

"Huh?oh.. Darn! I forgot. Are you still around SM building?"

"Yeah," I lied.

"I'm sorry. Something came up and I have to leave right away. I forgot you were waiting," she sounds telling the truth.

"That's fine. Uhm, can we meet sometime. We still have something to discuss," I asked her.

"Sure.  I'll call you as soon as I checked my calendar,"

"Where are you now?"

"Subway. I'm heading home."

She wasn't lying.

"Alright. I'll let you go. Take care," I hang up.

I drove back to FNC. I checked the practice room. Min Hyuk was already there. "hey, I'll be back. I've something to talk with the CEO,"

"Okay," Min Hyuk went back to playing his drums.

I jogged towards the CEO office. I knocked and heard him answered. I pushed the door.

"Oh, Lee Jong Hyun, I was about to get you here." CEO-nim said.

My brain scramble on possible that I did that our CEO wants to see me. "Uh... Did something happened?"

"How are you and Miss Lee Shin?" he asked instead of answering my question.

"Uhm....What do you want to know?" I wasn't sure what he's up to.

"No one caught up with your set up yet? I am assuming only your band and me knew it."

I nodded.

"I just got off talking with SM. They want to pull their talent off the show. I don't know what's going on. They said they will take responsibility. Do you know anything about this?"

Seung Yeon just called me earlier but she didn't mentioned anything. Lee Shin was there. Seung Yeon mentioned about the CEO and Lee Shin. Something must have happened. "I have no idea."

"What's your say about this? I don't know what's their reason but it has to be acceptable." CEO-nim asked.

"Shouldn't they have to discuss it with the producer and to us first before withdrawing?" I asked.

"Let's just wait for their decision. But, you're not caught with Miss Lee Shin. Please don't tell me you were. Because, it's definitely a cancel show."

"Uhm, Lee Shin moved out more than a month now. We went out with the band for a lunch today. I dropped her off at SM.... oh ! Someone might have spotted us. Man! This.."

CEO cut me. " You what?! Goddamit Lee Jong Hyun! If that was their reason... oh God!" CEO-nim pulled his hair and sunk on his chair. "call her, ask her if something happened at SM."

"I called her earlier. She said she's going home. I don't think..."

"You are giving me a head ache. If you didn't involve Miss Lee Shin, everything should be quiet. Who knows if I get a call again," the CEO said.

"That, I want to know why it seems that you're under her thumb? Why is it easy for you to pull me off in any schedules when it comes to her? Who is she exactly why you can't say no to her?" It's my chance to ask the question stored up in me.

The CEO breathed. "I can't tell you anything about her but she's someone you don't want to mess with."

I breathed in disappointment. Just who is Lee Shin exactly? "Is she a daughter of politician or something? I don't think she's a chaebol's daughter."

"I'll let you know if I get more details about the show. If Miss Lee Shin moved out, refrain from contacting her. It's for your own good," he dismissed me.

I left the office still wandering who is Lee Shin. I entered our practice room. Yong Hwa hyung wasn't still in.

"Hyung, how was Lee Shin noona?" Min Hyuk asked right away.

"She's fine I guess." I answered and typed Lee Shin in the search browser. It's all hyung's. Few came up as Lee Shin but nothing of Lee Shin."I 'll just call someone." I stepped out of the practice room and  called Kim Jong Hyun.

"Hey, sorry about earlier. I was driving and I've something to deal" he answered his phone.

"Oh.. that's fine. I thought I saw you at the batting cage with a girl  earlier. Are you dating?"

"huh? Are... Oh...Lee Shin. A good friend. She asked me to drive her there to relieve stress I guess." Kim Jong Hyun as quick to think for an answer.

"Friend? Comeon, you're dating aren't you?" I was trying to catch him.

"Nah, and if I want to date, I can't date her." he  said.

"And why not?"

"Let's not talk about her. So how's married life?" he changed the topic.

"We're not yet married. The wedding's not yet set." I answered. I can't get him to talk about Lee Shin. It looks like he's hiding something the way he's avoiding the topic. "let's hang out when you're free."

"Yeah sure. I gotta go. My members are waiting."

"Alrighty," he hang up already.