Another family meeting

Perfect Stranger

I shoot up when I heard my phone rang. I grabbed it and true it's  my brother and it's 4 in the morning. It has to be emergency. "oppa?"

"are you in JongHyun's apartment?"

"oh. What's  going on?" I asked groggily as I lifted the arms flung across my stomach.

"I'll  come and get you in  30 mins."

I  didn't  ask my brother what's  going on. I'm  sure  it's  family matters. "Please.  Please.  " I was praying while taking a quick shower. The worst are playing in my head. My parents. Taemin.."please." I grabbed my sweater, purse and phone. I dashed out of the room with my wet hair. I saw my brother's  car right away. I jumped in. "what's  going on?" I asked as I buckle  up with my seatbelt.

"Grandma's  in the hospital. The doc said to gather up the family. I think  its  pretty serious," Jun Ha oppa answerer.

I sighed. Nothing is going right. I leaned back and closed my eyes. Jong Hyun  and I have a huge fight last night. I was so stressed out with grandma pushing me to date Kwon Jiyong. I felt emotional after visiting Jimin and Kwon Seung Hyun. Then there's  Jong Hyun  who came home a bit drunk babbling about how I am screwing up his life. We exchanged  heated arguments. To the point of shouting to each other. I am not the person who shout and everything but  I was not in the mood to fight. I was frustrated.mad. Depressed. Guilty. I screamed at him that he's  a . He grabbed me by the shoulders. That was the  second  time he grabbed me physically and he's  mad. I pushed him and kicked him. I am pushing  my anger on him. The next thing I know he was kissing me. I don't know but I didn't push him away. I guess I was too mad. I battled with his kissed. The passion wasn't there. We're both angry and poured out everything on the call of the flesh.

All of the family members  were around. Even Tae Min was there before us. We were gathered in an office. The doctor cleared his throat.

"Mrs. Shin  had been suffering from  Chronic lower respiratory disease. The diabetes makes it worst. I think she had the pneumonia not a little while ago. This breakdown hit her hard. In a physician's perspective, it's a week or so,"

"Doc, what do you mean?" Dad was in his tears.

"I'm sorry Mr. Shin. That's the best thing we could do. Let's just pray for miracles." the doctor said and left.

everyone was speechless. Grand ma was all strong and when we met yesterday, she looks strong as horse.

"Do you know about this?" Jun Ha oppa asked me. He knew I met grandma yesterday.

"She didn't show any. We mostly talk about her travels and well she wanted me to get married."

 

It was quiet at home. Nobody dared to speak about  grandma's  condition. We all went to our own room. It was almost noon when I woke up. I guess I was so exhausted to even think. I went down to the living room. I was informed that my parents  left for hospital together with my brother. I showered and forced the coffee in my mouth.

"oppa?" Jun Ha oppa called.

"Morning baby girl. I just came from the hospital. Grandma  told me you have a boyfriend. I assumed you are pertaining to JongHyun. She wants to meet him."

My brain panicked. This is what I am afraid of. When I told grandma I  have a boyfriend I  wasn't  thinking  of JongHyun. There's  actually  no one in my mind that time. I just blurted  it because I  know grandma will push it with Kwon Jiyong.

"oppa. I... " what choice do I have.

"I had my secretary called his agency. Go pick him up. Use my car but be careful."

I sighed. "Okay." I  walked out to the garage. I called Jong Hyun  and he asked me what's  going on. I just told him I'm  picking him at his apartment in an hour. I drove to Jimin's  grave first.

I stood there. Crying again. "Jimin-ah, it's  unfair. Why do I have to go through this?" I dropped to my knees and sobbed.

I chose to come crying to Jimin coz I know myself. The decision will be mine either way.

I drove to JongHyun's apartment and called him when I arrived.

I saw how shock he was when he saw me in the wheel.

"What's  going on? My CEO told me to go home to deal with something. Is this it?"

"Hmmm. I'm  sorry. My grandmother was trying to get me into another arrange marriage. I told her I have a boyfriend. Well, I  wasn't  referring to you that time. It was just to stop her from pursuing her plans. Grandma was rushed to the hospital this morning. When she woke up, she wanted to meet my boyfriend. I didn't... Anyways, just go meet her. Grandma doesn't know about the situation. Just go along,"

"Who exactly are you? Who are you that my CEO can just pull me out from my schedule just to accommodate  you?" JongHyun  gripped my shoulder.

I was saved by my brother. His number was flashing in the dashboard. "Oppa?"

"where are you? "

"I  just picked up  Lee JongHyun. "

"oh.. Can you pick me up at the office?"

"okay. In 15, I guess"

"Alright. See you soon baby girl" He hang up.

"You haven't  answered  me yet," Jonghyun faced me.

I didn't  say anything and started the car. "I'll  explain later."

We picked up Jun Ha oppa at his office. He looks haggard. I guess he went to work straight from hospital.

"Baby girl, 9:00 3:00," I heard him say from the back.

"Huh?" I didn't get what he was trying to say and checked him out at the rear mirror.

"Your hand on the steering. I kept telling you that. And I am pretty sure you're hand was on 12 when you got hit," he explained.

I moved my both hands to proper position. I didn't comment on that. I was used with my right arm positioned at 12:00 while driving.

"I'm sorry Lee Jong Hyun, for dragging you out from your schedule," Jun Ha oppa apologized. "Whatever grandma will say, try not to contradict. We'll figure out things later,"

I stole a glance at Jong Hyun. He's quiet. He must be thinking a lot of things. "By the way my older brother, Jun Ha," I introduced my brother.

"Nice to meet you," Jong Hyun turned and shook hand with my brother.

We were discreet to enter the hospital. We passed by the employee's way. Grandma was awake when we walk in. I saw how she smiled widely.

"Hello, grandma. How are you feeling?" I hugged her.

"Better. Much more better that you're here. You brought him. I have to feel ill so you can bring him huh?" Grandma teased.

"I told you grandma, he's bit shy. Grandma meet Lee Jong Hyun. Jong Hyun, the best grandmother in the word," I did the introduction.

The smile haven't left grandma's face. "You look very fine young man," she complimented. "So handsome. Now I know why my little girl rejected the man I wanted,"

"Grandma, your grand daughter has her standard and oh he's good at playing guitar,"

"Oh....Grandpa will adore him,"

I forgot grandpa used to be in a school band when he was in his younger days and he hasn't lost his touch on guitar. He tried hard to teach me play the guitar but TaeMin learned the most.

"Grandma, I'll leave these two here. I have a meeting early tomorrow," my brother in.

"Oh God! Do that oppa. Look at those bloodshot eyes." I was worried he might break down. "Go home and sleep. Take the car. I'll take the sub.."

"I'm taking the cab. You take the car but be careful okay?" my brother gave  me a peck on the head and bent down to kiss grandma.

"call me when you get home," I said and saw him to the door. "Oh.. don't start with how we met and the details," I glared at grandma.

"Why do I this feeling that you're making up things?" Grandma laughed. "Are you sure he's your boyfriend? You didn't just drag him from now where didn't you?" she continued teasing.

"Grandma, I'm serious when it comes to this matter. Mom met him already."

"Ohhhh... Looks serious. Now I knew why your mom's  trying to rush the wedding,"

"Whaat? Grandma?!" I slightly shouted. "I don't understand why everybody's pushing me to get married and my brother's enjoying his engagement,"

"Sweetheart, everybody wants to see you settled and happy that's why. Including grandma. Now, would you mind if I speak with your boyfriend alone?"

I pouted. "I'll be out in the garden. Call me when your done. And grandma, don't ask silly things and you too Lee Jong Hyun, don't tell silly stuff to my grandmother," I warned the two.