intruder

Perfect Stranger

She breathed deeply and punched in the key pass. She slowly opened the door and peeked inside. She noted that there's no shoes at the entrance. It's clean. "Hello..." she called out softly. No answer. She took off her sneakers and slowly checked the rooms. She sank in the couch and breathed in relief. Now she have to think for explanation to Jong Hyun when he comes. She zoned out until she felt a touch in her lap. She nearly jump in surprise. "Well, hello handsome!" She kissed Tan and there's Shiro running towards her. "Princess," Both puppies starting to her hands. She got up and checked the water bowl. It was empty. So was the dog food. She filled them up and saw that both puppies were hungry. She sat back again and tried thinking how to explain things to Jong Hyun.

"God! What am I doing?" She jumped when she heard the door beeped. Her heart starting to beat faster and faster. "oh my God!"

"Tan, Shiro, Daddy's home...Huh?" Jong Hyun paused. There's a pair of shoes by the entrance. It's a woman's sneakers. 'Sneakers? Not even my sister's know my pass.. No way..' He kicked his shoes and doubled his steps. "Lee Shin?"

Lee Shin got up immediately. "I'll explain." Her voice was trembling.

Jong Hyun nodded. As soon as he sat down the two puppies came running to his lap. "Sorry  kids. Daddy has to do some work."

"They were out of water. I fed them already." Lee Shin said.

"Oh... Thank you. They missed you," Jong Hyun added.

"Uhm..." Lee Shin breathed deeply. "First, I apologize for barging in. This is the only place I know that I won't be trace."

"Trace?" Jong Hyun repeated.

"Uh.. before that... Tell me if your girlfriend comes and visits you. I'll leave right away. I don't want to get you in trouble."

"Uh.. No. No. No. I don't have a girlfriend." Jong Hyun was quick to answer.

Lee Shin breath in relief again. "That's great. So, can I stay here for a while?"

Jong Hyun pulled the single couch nearer to Lee Shin. "what's going on? What do  you mean they won't trace you here. Are you running from.... Lee Shin-ah," Jong Hyun unconsciously grabbed her hand. "Shin-ah, what's going on?"

"Can I borrow your computer. I need to email my brother. He might be sick worried." she asked instead of answering him.

Jong Hyun silently handed her his ipad.

Lee Shin immediately emailed Chae Won with speed. She explained everything and told her to call her brother that she's safe. She also  told her to contact their friend in Australia to send an email to her brother using her account. "Thanks." she handed back the ipad.

"Why don't you just call your brother?" Jong Hyun asked.

"I'm hiding from my family. For now only you and Chae Won knew that I am in Seoul. They will trace the IP in Australia. For sure they're already checking the immigration."

"Wait. I still can't get it. Hiding? Your brother knows where I live."

"They knew that we weren't close. There were no contact after I left your apartment. There's no way they will think I'm here. Even Chae Won will not think about it. Oh.. Chae Won don't know about us by the way."

Jong Hyun got up. "Hungry?"

Lee Shin suddenly felt her hunger. She didn't have dinner or anything since she left Jeju. "Oh.. Uhmmm.. yeah," she answered shyly.

"Give me a minute. I'll just change."

Lee Shin played with Tan and Shiro while Jong Hyun entered the bedroom. Lee Shin was on the floor rolling with the two puppies.

Jong Hyun came out and smiled at the sight in the living room. "They missed you." he said and passed them.

 

"How had you been?" Jong Hyun place the plate infront of Lee Shin.

"Been busy with webtoons and books."

"Before we go to why you're hiding. Were you at Busan a week ago? In my concert?"

"Hmmm..Oh.." Lee Shin stuttered.

"Did you by chance attend the reunion as well? I heard your name in the roll call." Jong Hyun continued the interrogation before Lee Shin can even answer.

"Uh..That...I didn't stay long I had an emergency and that brings me here."

JongHyun raised his brows. "I still can't get it. Explain."

Lee Shin looked at Jong Hyun with those puppy eyes. "Uh.. Can I explain later? I'm kind of tired . I just arrived from Jeju. As long as it's okay to stay here."

"Okay, I'll let this go for now but I want a detailed explanation soon. I have some works to do. I'm into talks with drama this summer. I probably won't be coming in some time."

"Uh....uhmmm" Lee Shin was hesitant. "Food. I can't use my cards and I'm short of cash. I promise I'll pay you back."

"Hmmm... Just let me know what you want. The fridge is stacked up for now. And I expect food when I come home."

"I'm not picky. You just have to let  me know when are you coming...." Lee Shin paused. 'darn! are we really talking about cooking and him coming home? Like we're married couple?' she shook her head with the thought. "Hmmm... if it's not too much to ask, can you get me a new phone? I can't use my phone."

"And who are you going to call? I thought you're hiding from everybody."

"You. So I will know when to cook." Lee Shin blurted out.

Jong Hyun laughed.

"It's not funny at all." Lee Shin pouted.

"sorry. It's just like we're like married. Talking about coming home and dinner."

Lee Shin stared at him blankly. 'Did he just read my mind' she thought. "don't get your imagination go wild." Lee Shin rolled her eyes. "I'll pay you back when I sort out things."

Jong Hyun shrugged. "doesn't matter. So.. what are you gonna do while here?"

"I've some pending webtoons. Chae Won will go ballistic if get behind. Ahmmm.. Are you sure your girlfriend doesn't come here?"

Jong Hyun laughed. "I told you I don't have a girlfriend. You're the ...anyways, feel free. I assume you won't be going out even for a walk."

"Nope. For sure my brother posted someone to watch your place."

"huh? Ya! Lee Shin, you're starting to scare me. What exactly is going on?"

"I don't want to talk about it now please." she begged.

"Okay. The guest room was like when you left." Jong Hyun got up and pulled Lee Shin's luggage.

"Thanks. I really owe you this."

Jong Hyun nodded. "So how had you been? Really. I missed you."

Lee Shin froze.

"I meant it. I missed you." Jong Hyun repeated.

Lee Shin turned and took the luggage from Jong Hyun. "Thank you. What time you're leaving tomorrow? I want to make breakfast at least."

"not early. Nine maybe."

"If I'm up by then." Lee Shin grinned. "You know I'm not a morning person. I'm a nocturnal person."

"Take a rest. I'll see you in the morning. Good night," Jong Hyun left.