catching up.discovery.chaos

Perfect Stranger

Chae Won and I decided to catch up. We haven't met since the time I became a girlfriend. She picked the movie Twenty. I trusted her and  looking at the poster, it looks like the cast are hot studded men. I could drool over. And as expected of my bestfriend, the movie was awesome. Oh my gosh! It's hilarious. Super! I can't  help myself laughing but at the back of my head, it reminds me of someone. Someone who, everytime she comes to my mind my heart cries.

Kang Jimin. We met back in Middle school. Jimin, Chae Won and I. Were like the three musketeers. And no we don't  fight. We're  actually the nerdy group at school. We all have something in common one way or other. I love to draw. Well we all love to draw but I am the most passionate. Chae won was the one who loves writing. We all do but she has the patience to write long essays and could stay infront of her laptop for hours writing. Jimin. She's the most interested in business and corporates. We're young back then and we drool over boys. We're nerds but we get our way to get boys.  Chae won was the player. She had the most boyfriend till now and still counting. She has the talent to get boys. Jimin, was the less interested on boys. She said, she'd rather stare at her computer and numbers rather than going out with a dumb boys. We always laugh at her. But she fell inlove eventually. Me? I have two bothers, I think men are just nuisance. But of course I get to have boyfriends.

Come to think of it. The story is just like us. A manga artist, a playboy and a dreamer. Just coincidence.

I looked at Chae Won. "we should hang out often,"

"And who's  talking? You're  the one's  who's  always busy. Duh," Chae Won rolled her eyes

We walked up to a restaurant. I looked at Chae Won. It's a high end restaurant.

"Someone I work with gave me a certificate. It's okay. It's covered," she answered.

"Sure. You know I cannot afford this. Hey, I have something going on," I told her about the mystery author.

"Are you sure that's not a scam?"

"I don't think so."

"Have you met her?"

"Not yet. And I don't think she's phony or she couldn't have handed me half of the story. Anyways, I'll meet her when everything's done. Of course, I'm not handing the illustration just like that. Duh! We've been conned a lot of times. Oh, have I told you? I was browsing on the net earlier and I saw my drawing in one of the mangas. I just can't believe it. They have the nerve to post it with my initials on it. Damn! I should have used my real back then,"

"That's why I am telling you to use your real name, dummy" Chae Won stuck out her tongue.

"I am now. I am. Ah... I forgot your book. I know it's children's book but it's my first book with my real name. I'll give it to you next time,"

"I hope the next time won't be next year," Chae Won joked. "Oh... is that... oh my God! Kim Woo Bin, oh my God! The twenty?" Her eyes were popping out of their socket.

I looked at where Chae Won's eyes were directed. As always her sense of smell on hot boys never fails. Indeed, the three men in the movie. They are dashing in person. Gosh! I would date Kim Woo Bin. Or I should get mom to force him to marry me instead. I didn't realized I was grinning like a silly girl. Just then my phone rang. "man! I am hating my brother" I complained. "I got to get this. hello oppa. Whaat?! When? Oppa no. Not now. Not today. Not in our house." I know I was talking fast that my brother can't even in. Aparently mother dear arranged a dinner at home with Lee Jong Hyun's parents. But my good old brother knew that I wouldn't like it that's why he booked a restaurant. "Thanks oppa. I love you. " I hang up and called Jong Hyun. "Where are you?"

"Home. I'm waiting for my parents."

"Damn why didn't you tell me about the meeting?"

"I thought you knew,"

"I'm coming over." I looked at Chae Won who was confused looking at me. "I got to deal with something. Mother strike again. my life! Here you are drooling and who knows might be talking to these hot guys and I have to deal with my crazy mother. Chae won-ah, I have to go. Update me if you get to talk to them," I drank my water and got up. We hugged and I started walking. I am going to walk by the boys table. Just because. I want  see them more upclose. "Hey, still there?" I forgot Jong Hyun was still on the line. As I passed by them I turned abruptly. Did I just heard it right?

    "We have to find Miss Kang Jimin in 30 minutes." I didn't know who was it but I heard it clearly. Kang Jimin? Kim Woo Bin?" He's the only one I recognized because he stand out from the movie. What's with him and Kang Jimin? I saw my phone blinking. "Sorry. See you later,"

"Thought you forgot. See you then."

I wanted to walk back and ask them but I have more urgent matter to deal beside there are probably hundreds of Kang Jimin in the Korea.

"God! You should at least called me when mom.. wait how did even mom knew your... arrrghh!" I don't know what to say because of frustration. "Why didn't you call me?" I was barking at Jong Hyun as soon as I stepped into his apartment.

"I thought you knew. You live in the same house."

"! Mom knows I am still living here," I muttered.

"What?" Jong Hyun was glaring at me. "Where were you living?"

"My brother's fiancée." I face palmed. "Does your parents know were living together?"

He nodded. "But I told them not this time. You moved out."

I pulled my hair. "mama!" I shouted. I am losing my mind. Too much things to deal at a time. Kim Woo Bin blurting out Kang Jimin. Gosh! The memories are coming back but I have more urgent matter to deal.  "Tell your parents I just move out for few days because of a project I am working on."

"Why are not you living with your parents and oh.. I thought I heard you mentioned Kim Woo Bin earlier. You have hots on him?"

"Whaat? Who? Oh.. The twenty? You know him?" I asked and realized seconds later. Of course he knew him. They're in entertainment business.

"Yeah, We appeared in one drama together,"

"Really? Oh.. You have his number?" My mind suddenly shifted.

Jong Hyun was looking at me with interest. "Are you interested with Woo Bin hyung?" he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "He's hot alright but I need to ask something from his friend he's with today. God! laters. We need to deal with what's more urgent. What time are your parents arriving?"

Jong Hyun checked his wrist watch. "In two hours."

"Great! We're not having the dinner at home. My brother already booked us in a restaurant. My mother can't do anything." Great! I realized I don't have dress with me. "God! This is maddening," I can't hide my frustration. I looked at myself. True I am wearing a summer dress but ugh, mom will nag me about it soon. "Okay, I don't know what's my mother's purpose in setting this dinner. We haven't talked about the marriage since I came back from New York."

"oh... How was your trip by the way?"

"Oh..New York? It was good. Thank you for asking."

Jong Hyun nodded. "I was worried because you don't normally ask for my help,"

"I felt  betrayed and all. I felt that my parents cannot trust me. They're scared I might ran away," I said it with a straight face. "hey, how do I look?" I suddenly became conscious of myself. It's not that I want to impress his parents but at least I want to look presentable.

"you're ok. But uhm... the restaurant we're going to. What's the dress code. My parents brought their suit I am assuming."

"It's high end but we can pass by the back door," I answered. "You can wear jeans. I'll notify mom. What did your parents has to say about his? Did they know it was a forced marriage?"

"I told them I was dating. They were shock when I called them to meet your parents but I know they are ecstatic. They want me to settle as well," He answered.

"I don't know what's wrong with parents these days. How old are you? You're not even 30 are you? I asked.

"24. Do I look old?"

"24. See you're still young. You have a long way to go. If this marriage will push through, God forbid, I will be living in a cave,"

"what do you mean by that?" Jong Hyun was puzzled.

"Look. I just finished  studying. I want to work. I want to apply what I studied. I always wanted to be a working woman not a woman cooped in the house waiting for her husband to come home. Jeez! we are in the year of technology."

"So you're not the domestic type?" Jong Hyun wanted confirmation.

"That's not what I mean. That's why I wanted to enjoy working and get married later."