Why?

Perfect Stranger

Lee Shin's

A knock came from the door. I scrambled and opened the door. "Oh...I.."

She handed me the phone. "I'm sorry. It's my son."

I took the phone and smiled. She turned around and left. I left the door opened and answered the phone. "Hi,"

"Hey."

"I'm sorry. I told your mom not to tell you I am at your place. I am leaving to..."

He cut me. "Mom called me to talk to you. She said you haven't ate anything since this morning. She's very much worried."

"Huh?" I turned to the clock on the wall. 9:30. My hand roamed automatically to my belly. "Oh my gosh! that's... uhm, I'm kinda rushing something. The atmosphere here is relaxing and inspiring. I got carried away."

"Alright. Please eat something. I told mom to call me again if you're not eating after this conversation and I am coming down there," it was a threat.

"I am going to eat and please don't blame your parents for allowing me to stay and not telling you."

"Are you staying in my room?" he asked.

"Hmmm... I hope you don't mind. Your parents have no idea yet. You can tell them the next time you come home."

"We'll talk about that next time,"

"There will be no next time. After I leave here tomorrow, there's no more point of contacting each other. I just came to pay my respect to my b.. uh... I'll let you go. I'm going to have my dinner." I want to end the conversation.

"Please. Mom's really worried."

"I'm sorry about that. I got caught with the project I am working on."

"You take care and good night," he hang up.

I walked out of the room and found the whole family in the living room. My face turned red in embarrassment. "Uh... I lost track of time,"

"Unnie... unnie," Jong Hyun's younger sister came up to me first with her mom following her. "You should try the grilled beef dad made. He rarely make those."

I smiled and turned to the head of the house who was busy watching the evening news.

"Lee Shin-ah, no matter how busy you are, you shouldn't forget your food," their mother said as she set some plate infront of me. "That's what I kept reminding to my son."

"I'm sorry," I apologized again. "Auntie, uhm.... how about we go shopping tomorrow. Like a family time,"

"With out Jong Hyun oppa? This is great! He's too fuzzy when it comes to shopping," the younger sister said  excitedly.

"we should ask unnie to come as well," I was referring to the eldest daughter. "She can bring the baby. Let's say girls day out. I hope uncle won't mind,"

"Oh... dad won't mind at all." their mother said.

I decided to pay a visit to Jong Hyun's parents before closing the chapter of my life with him. I also like the beach atmosphere. I thought it would inspire me with the new project and it did.

 

Lee Jong Hyun"s

"Oppa, Lee Shin unnie's so awesome," my sister was so excited when I called home. I was worried when mom called that Lee Shin was at the house and haven't ate for a day.

"And why is that?"

"Oppa, what exactly does unnie do? She took us shopping the whole day. She bought a lot for us. Brother in law has to pick up unnie because the things she bought us won't fit in our car,"

"Huh? really?" I was surprised Lee Shin took my family out.

"Oppa, you should marry her. She's super nice. I mean, Gong Seung yeon is nice but Lee Shin unnie is... well, she suits you."

I sighed. If only my family knew. "That's too early to say. Lee Shin's just starting her career. Is she still at home?"

"We dropped her at the airport this morning. Oppa, I have this weird feeling. She sounds like saying good bye. Are you guys still dating or what?"

I stayed silent for a while. "Hmmm...don't tell the folks yet. Let me be the one to tell them. Yeah, we broke up few days ago. I just don't understand why she came to our house after the break up,"

"Just being polite. See oppa, she's a nice person."

"I know but until I come down don't tell mom and dad." I warned my sister.

"Okay. Oppa, are you okay then?"

"hmmmm....kind of. I have to go. My manager's waiting," I lied just to get off the phone. I laid on the couch trying to figure out why Lee Shin bothered to go see my parents after she left and said that it will be our last meeting. It even bothered me why she slept with me before leaving. She's not the kind of person who does that. I picked up her note and read it again. "perfect stranger." I'm the most perfect stranger she met? Why?