Happy Birthday Princess

Perfect Stranger

...and because something made me smile today... here's my longest chapter update ever.

 

"Tell me, song Chae Won. This is a surprise birthday party fo me, is it?" I looked straight at my best friend's eyes. "Don't you dare lie."

"I didn't organized it." she defended herself.

"I did," my bother came in to our suite. Chae Won and I spent the night at the hotel suite. I grilled her the whole night but she won't budge.

"You didn't have to. It's past 2 weeks my birthday,"

"You're supposed to be resting on your birthday," Chae won piped in.

I spent my birthday in the hospital. Mom didn't allow me to leave even when the doctor cleared me.

 

~flashback~

 

I was whisked to the emergency room right away. I didn't see Jiyong or Seungri after that. I don't know if I passed out or I was put to sleep. I just woke up with my family, Jung Hoon oppa and Mi Young unnie in my room. Even the busy Tae Min was around.

"mom, dad," I can't explain how I feel. I don't know if my parents know about it.

"Honey, I love you so much," mom hugged me.

"Mom, Hyung and I are here," Tae Min pouted.

"Bring  home a girlfriend and a baby," Mom eyed my little brother. Now I know. They all knew about my situation. "Honey, thank you."

"Noona, I already have a name for her or for him," Tae Min was excited.

"Ya! Shin Lee Tae Min!" I shouted. "It's my baby. Get yourself one,"

"Noona, don't exert much energy. It's bad for you," Tae Min cooed.

The next day, my room was like a party room. It's not allowed in the hospital but well, it's Shin. Even Chae Won flew back right away and came straight to the hospital.

"Ya! Lee Shin," she was shouting as soon as she entered the suite.

"Shhhh! This is hospital. You're not supposed to be shouti..."

"Lee Tae Min? oh.. Park Jung Hoon?" Chae Won was glaring at me. "You have a lot of explaining to do Miss Lee."

"Miss Song, it's Miss Shin. Start learning that. Meet my family. My mom, dad, brother, Jun ha and Lee Tae Min. Mi Young unnie, Jun ha oppa's fiancée and Park Jung Hoon, oppa's bestfriend." I introduced my family.

Chae Won's mouth hung open.

"I know you know about me but you didn't know about Tae Min did you?" I laughed.

She was still shock I guess. I know If I am not lying in that bed she probably strangled me already. "And oh... you're going to be an auntie."

She stared at me blankly.

Miss Lee, if I die here of shock. You know where my last will is," she said seriously.

"Ya! Chae..."

She attacked me with hugs and cried. "Shinnie-ah....You..."

"Shhhh.. Miss Song, only girls cry infront of the adults. We're grown up," I her head gently.

She looked up at me glaring. " If you're going to say you're getting married. I'm not up to another surprise. Save it next time. I had enough for today." she straightened herself and bowed to my parents. "It's nice meeting Shinnie's family."

"It's nice meeting you too Chae Won-ah," mom smiled. "Please do call me mom from now on. You're more  like a sister to our daughter."

Chae Won has her heads still down."Thank you,"

"Thank you mom," Mommy corrected her.

Chae Won straightened up her body. "Thank you mommy," she laughed and we all joined her. "Shin Mei Lee! Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you very much Miss Song," I grinned. I am so blessed with the wonderful people in my life.

-end of flashback-

 

"Whatever." I checked my self in the lifesize mirror. "Who are invited?"

"Family. Some families mom invited." My brother answered.

"Jun Ha oppa, any hot guys coming?" Chae Won didn't let it pass.

"Hmmm.. maybe. My bestfriend is hot and he's coming," my brother laughed.

"Duh!" I rolled  my eyes.

"Oh.. Heads up. Most of the part..."

"There you are honey," Mom came in the room.

"See you later missy," Chae Won excused herself and left the room.

"Mom, I don't want surprises." I said straight to my mom.

"Honey, today, you will be introduced as the heiress to our partners." Mom said.

"Like who?" I wanna know although I have a rough idea of the partners but I want to make sure I behave properly infront of these chaebol families.

"LG. Samsung. You'll see." Mom answered.

"mom, you're not trying to find me a husband are you?" I eyed mom.

"What do you mean? You have your boyfriend... Don't tell me you broke up with.. Mei Lee Shin, Did you? Is that why you pack back home?"

I stayed silent.

"We'll talk about this when we get home." Mom wasn't happy about it.

"Mom, give baby girl a break. It was hard for her." My brother took my side.

"Honey, you'll be introduce as heiress. Family will be after you. This is the reason why I wanted you to get married before we introduce you to the public," Mom explained,

"Is it the same reason why grandma was trying to find me a husband as well?" I looked at mom.

"Grandma tried..." Mom was looking at me. I nodded. "You see grandma controls the whole corporation. She's the empress. She willed you as the heiress of the whole conglomerate,"

"Why me? Why not dad? or oppa?" I turned to my brother who was still silent.

"Grandma saw the potential in you."

"Potential? Mom, grandma knows that I am an artist and oppa was running the company since I don't know," I tried to reason out everything.

"We'll talk about this at home and also about your boyfriend." Mom left the room.

"oppa," My voice went helpless.

"Don't worry about that. Enjoy your birthday party," My brother offered his arms as I got up.

The party was in Shilla hotel hall. I linked my arms to my brother as we stepped out of my suite. I smiled at the people we passed by.

"oppa... Is that? What is Gdragon doing here?" I looked  quizzically at my brother.

"You tell me," my brother smirked. "Chae Won invited him. I didn't like it but oh well, he was your savior. Technically. I didn't know you guys were close to him."

"uh...not until lately,"

"You want to go say hi to him," my brother release my arms.

"I'll say hi later. Are you going to me around or mom will do the introduction," I asked my brother.
"Mom will introduce individually. Be careful, those mothers are out to get you as the daughter-in-law," my brother joked.

"You know I will reject them even if mom will insist." I eyed him.

"Alright. Alright." my brother raised his hands in concession. " Watch your steps and don't drink alcohol. I'm watching you." he warned me.

"Like I will," I rolled my eyes. "See you around." I walked towards mom's table. I kissed mom's cheek and hugged  dad and grandpa. From the corner of my eye I can see all eyes on me. I knew what they're thinking. 

It's all known to the families that Shin has a daughter but never did once I was introduced to any family. Only my close family knew about my existence. I was technically being hidden to the public for reason I still have to know. I was sent to Busan for Middle school and stayed in a dorm. I spent only two years in Busan and I finished middle school in Gwang Ju. I move from school to school. Mostly on public school. When I was about to enter college, I was sent to Australia and spent 3 years for college. Then I went to US to continue my studies. No  one has an idea who am I. What do I look like. No one knew who is Shin Mei Lee because all my documents is plain Lee Shin.

Oh yeah. I haven't explain what's with my name. Shin's my family name. Mei is my first name. It was originally supposed to be Mizraim  but mom insisted for Mei Lee. Her reason was that I should have a Lee in my name because I won't be carrying a Shin or a Lee when I get married. The most ridiculous explanation I ever heard. And yeah, people knows with Shin as the first name and Lee as my family name. Gosh! i would Love Mizraim.

Chae won came and hugged me.

"I heard you're the one who invited Kwon Jiyong," I whispered.

She shrugged. "Uh... Jimin's rep,"

"Duh!"

"So you missed out one thing in your so called confession," Chae Won was glaring at me.

"And is that?"

"That you're the Shin Princess and heiress."

I shoulder shrugged. "I didn't know it until few minutes ago," I answered.

"I feel I'm an outcast here," Chae Won squeezed my hands.

"Come on. You look gorgeous.

"Gorgeous my ," she murmured. "What will I say when everyone starts asking me which family I belong to?"

"Tell them the truth. You're my best friend," I kissed her cheeks. "See you around. Or you might want to stick up with Kwon Jiyong be his date."

"Forget it. Jimin will kill me in my sleep" Chae Won joked. "See you around."

Mom escorted me and introduced me to each table. I heard all compliments and everything. I just smiled at their compliments. Who knows if those were real. They just don't want to be in trouble with the Shins.

"Noona, you're stunning," Tae Min hugged me. "Happy Birthday! Noona, I didn't know you're close with Gdragon hyung," Tae Min gave me a hug as soon as we approached their table.

"Just recently. I used to detest him," I smiled.

"So noona, are you the one rumored..."

I cut him. "Tate Modern in London. yes. I saw the pictures. Jong..." I paused. I almost slipped in there. " I don't know how we got caught."

"Noona, paparazzi, fans, stalkers are everywhere. It was a good thing your face wasn't caught,"

"Hmmm.. So where's my gift?" I changed the topic.

"It's in your room. I left it after you left the house," my sneaky brother grinned.

"Make sure I like it or I'm not going to talk to you for the whole month,"

"You'll love it," my brother was confident.

"Uhmm. That girl, Song Chae Won. She's your bestfriend, right? I saw her photos in your room." I nodded. "Isn't she a writer?"

"Yes sir. I'll introduce you to her later. Please find her a boyfriend."

"Noona,"

"I'm kidding. I got to find mom."

"See you around," 

"All right. I'll see you around. I'll go see the Gdragon. Wanna come along. I'll introduce you,"

"I love that," Tae Min offered his  arms and I linked mine as we made our way towards Jiyong.

"Gdragon." I said softly. He turned around and I saw how his eyes grew  big in surprise.

"Lee Shin?"

"Hmmm... One and only," I smiled.

"Oh my gosh! you're the Princess?" the shock was still in his face.

I nodded. "And this is my baby brother,"

"No...." he was glaring at me. "For real Tae Min?"

"Jimin..uh.. well, Jimin knew I am a Shin but she never told me they both knew the real me," I am having a hard time speaking about Jimin.

"Unless, I look like her boyfriend," Tae Min joked.

"You're not par to my ideal man," I rolled my eyes at my brother.

"And who might that..." my brother paused. "Good old Jun Ha hyung," he said instead.

"let's have a picture together," Jiyong was excited. 'Ooopsss.. I forgot. How about this, you turn around."

I turned around as Jiyong said as the two boys took a picture.

"Thanks Princess," Jiyong teased.

"You're welcome you're highness,"

We all laughed.

"There's Chae Won." Jiyong pointed at Chae Won. "Please don't tell me she's another Chaebol daughter,"

"Who knows," I smirked.

"Oh gosh! you ladies," Jiyong waved his fingers infront of me.

 

My whole family went home. My brother blindfolded me  before I stepped out of the van. Tae Min and Jun Ha oppa held both my arms as I got out. "And what kind of surprise is this?" I was pouting. Seriously. I hate surprises.

The blindfold was taken off.

"Happy birthday princess,"

Infront of me was an SUV. I looked at my family teary-eyed. "Dad," I ran to my father and bawled.

"That's from your brother," Dad rubbed my hair. I turned to my brother and ran to his arms. "Oppa!"

"Wanna see inside," My brother opened the driver's door.

"Oh my God!" I covered my opened mouth with both my hands. "Oppa," I bawled further. The interior's loaded and car seat's already at the back.

"Do you like it?" my brother asked.

"Like? I adore it," I wiped my tears and opened the trunk.

"Noona, it's well equipped with everything you need. "Noona, I have my songs downloaded in there as well," Tae Min laughed.

"Ya! Don't you dare influence my baby. She's going to be an artist," I glared at my little brother. "There's no way my baby will be dancing in the stage,"

"She's going to be a business woman," Dad  interfered.

"Nope. She's going to be a model," Mom said.

Jun Ha oppa laughed loudly. "I bet she'll be the cutest baby ever." he put his arms around me.

We all laughed.

"And what did the little monster got me?" I eyed Tae Min.

"You're going to love it," my brother boasted. I was running to my room when my brother shouted."Don't run little mommy,"

I stopped and looked back at my family who were grinning. I opened my bedroom. Just how I was surprised with the new car, I was surprised with the new room. My room was complete with all baby's needs. accessories. Everything you could ask for. I cried again.

"comeon, honey, stop crying. Your baby might come out a cry baby," Mom teased.

"Mommy, I can't help it. I'm so happy and I'm so blessed with my family."

"Honey, from your dad and me, we're all going for a family trip before your belly grows big,"

"Oh.. mom..." I pouted. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere in Europe. Tae Min mentioned he wanted to go to Scotland." Mom answered.

"Let's go and have some tea. Your grandpa's just arrived." dad said.

I was so excited with all the gifts. I hope grandpa didn't get something that will make my heart jump again.

Just I expected, my grandfather was so excited with his great grandchild. He already had a name for my baby. I can't believe my family. They are more excited than I am.

 

Tae Min followed me to my room after we all retired for the night.

"Noona, I... uhmm. I know you don't want to talk.."

I cut him. I somehow know what he's headed to. "The father will remain unknown,"

"Noona... have you ever thought about the father's feeling?"

"Tae Min-ah, It will be complicated,"

"I do understand but... Okay. I respect your decision but noona, tell me something about the father."

I hesitated and smiled. "Good looking and tall."

"Noonaaaa..." Tae Min whined.

I laughed at my little brother. I love it when he plays cute. "Hmmm let's me think..."

"Noona, you love him?"

The question threw me off guard. It never crossed my mind.

"Noona? Do you love him? How long had you been dating?" Tae min asked again.

I pursed my lips. "You ask too much Monster."

"Noona, I don't know of your reason why you don't want to disclose to us about the father but if you love him. You don't have to hide. Wait.. does he know about your real identity?"

I pursed my lips again. My brother won't stop this.

"He has no idea who I am. I'm not sure how would he react if he finds out."

"But sooner he will find out." Tae Min played with the panda plush toys in my bed.

"I will have to deal with that when that time comes." I said.

"Mom said you'll be spending time in Europe?"

"yeah. Mom and I will be leaving in few weeks time to check out places. Not sure where yet."

"I hope not that far."

"Probably Australia. It's warm in December."

"I guess mom already decided everything for our Christmas," Tae Min smiled.

"I guess. I hope you don't have much activities by then," I felt a bit sad. It's been a while since we celebrated Christmas with complete family.

"I'll take the days off. When's the baby due?"

"June or July." I answered. "The doctor didn't gave me definite time yet."

"I'll make sure I'm off," Tae Min was starting to be a proud uncle. "I have to be there when she will be born,"

"Duh! Like they will let you in the delivery room and trust me, you can't even step in the hospital. You and your idol status." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you looking down at Lee Tae Min? I can do anything I want to," he laughed bragging. "This is Lee Tae Min we're talking."

"Oh really?" I raised brows. "Dare?"

"Dare." he accepted the challenge.

"Okay. let's go shopping for baby clothes," I laughed.

"What? ya Noona! I can't even shop my own clothes." he groaned.

I giggled. I love to tease my little brother.

"noona.. uhm.... Are you sure it's not Kwon Jiyong hyung?" Tae Min was almost whispering.

"What?" I laughed hard that I nearly fell off my chair. "Jiyong's not tall."

"Ugh! fine whatever. I lose. I am leaving later. I will see you sometime this week. Let's have a dinner at Jung hoon hyung's restaurant."

"I'm on it. Bring  Onew and Kim Jong Hyun oppa. I'll ask Jiyong oppa if he  has time," I saw how Tae Min eyed me.

"It's not him. okay." I stressed out. "I'll walk you out," I got up and grabbed my sweater by the chair.

"I'm going to miss you," Tae Min was back hugging me as we stepped out of my room. Jun Ha oppa was still in the living room watching news.

"Hmmmm.... Why am I being left out," Jun Ha pouted in jealousy." Tae Min, you should try to come home often,"

"I am trying," Tae Min....

"Don't be hard on the little monster oppa," I sided Tae Min.

"And noona, when will you stop calling me little monster,"

"when oppa stops calling me baby girl," and we all laughed.