mess

Perfect Stranger

I just met up with my friend. My co author with a popular webtoon. We're supposed to meet up when I arrived last time but I was whisked to Japan right away. The breakfast turned to brunch. We talked a lot about our work. Her work. That we didn't noticed the passing of time. It's past lunch when we decided to leave and meet again sometime. I clutched my books and  walked out the door. She left earlier as she drives her own car. She offered the ride but I declined. I want to try the subway again. It brings me old memories.

I pushed the revolving door and smelled the cool air. Suddenly I was grabbed and an arm was around my waist and there were flashes. Everything went fast. I was pulled back inside and I was guided to the parking lot.

"Who are..." I froze when we entered the basement. The fear of getting kidnap alarmed me. The shooting incident suddenly popped in my head.

One of the men handed me his phone. "Mei Lee, follow the guys and got to Kim Mi Young. I'll see you in an hour," Kim Mi Young is my brother's fiancee.

"Oppa? What's going on?" I asked in confusion.

"Just go. I have things to take care. I'll see you there baby girl,"

"okay," I hang up and returned the phone. I followed them to the car. We arrived at my brother's fiancee's house in less than 15 minutes. Mi Young unnie was at the door waiting. I got out and ran to her. "unnie, what's going on?"

She guided me to the living room. "You have no idea?"

"No. The last thing I know I was chatting with my friend. We said goodbye. I got out of the restaurant and then I was grabbed. That's it."

"I don't have the exact story. You brother called and explained a little. Lee Jong Hyun just announced to the public that you're his girlfriend,"

"What? Who's Lee Jong Hyun?" My eyes went wild. "How did that happened?"

"Well, according to your body guards. Your brother assigned people to tail you. He's still scared about your life since the shooting incident. This Lee Jong Hyun and his girlfriend was caught by media. He grabbed you and shielded his girlfriend with you. Hey how did he knew your name is Lee Shin?"

"He knows my name?" Unnie nodded. "And then  what happened?"

"Your guards grabbed you and led you out of the restaurant while the others called your brother,"

"oh God!" I hit my head with my palm.

"What your brother's afraid of is not the scandal. I think that what your brother's working on right now. It's mother. You know mother was trying to marry you off. She might seize this to get you married. You know mom is not picky,"

I wanna hit my head on the wall. Kim Mi Young unnie could be right. "damn! Who the hell is that Lee Jong Hyun? I swear, if mom will force me into marrying him, I will kill him before we get married," I screamed. I was really frustrated. I just returned from Japan and was enjoying my life and this Lee Jong Hyun suddenly ruined everything.

"He's an artist. CNBLUE guitarist, if you knew them." unnie filled me in. "That must be your brother," we heard the door opening.

He hugged me after he kissed his fiancée. "You're such a trouble maker," he said and laughed. "So what are you going to do this time? Mom called already and said to bring you home. I told Mi Young what could happen. You know mom and I can't help you in this,"

"arrrgghhh!" I throw tantrums but the more my brother laughed at me. "Does Tae Minie know?"

"No. Not yet. You know he'll be running over with out thinking. Leave the heartbreaker alone for now. Mom told me to have dinner at the house. Gosh, baby girl. I can tell with mom's voice when she told me to bring you for dinner,"

"Ahhh.. oppa! I can't. Unnie," I turned to Mi Young unnie. "Should I ran away?"

"Not a good idea. You'll be dragged back before you even leave the country," Mi Young  unnie said.

"That Lee Jong Hyun!" I suddenly became enraged again thinking of the possibilities  my mom would be offering. I hope not marriage. I can live with dating but marriage. I'd rather die.

"Let's go. It will be a long night," my brother said.

"Oppa! you're the best!" I clung to him.  He understand everything ever.

As soon as we stepped in the house. Mom met us grinning. "My sweet little darling," Mom hugged me. Her words alone meant something.

Grandpa joined us for tea after dinner. And the  talk starts. Mom didn't waste any time and said she wanted me to get married right away. I looked at my dad pleading for help but he just shook his head. Gosh! Why are these old folks rushing me for marriage. I am still young and I have yet to discover what life's offering. Besides, my older brother should get married first. He's engaged and all. Why me first?

The night ended with mom insisting that I'll bring Lee Jong Hyun home. Duh! I haven't even meet him personally. I don't even know his face till we browse it at the internet. I am mad. So mad. Lee Jong Hyun made a mess. No. Screwed up my life. He's going to pay for it.

 

a/n: and the story begins....