The Signature

Perfect Stranger

"Miss Lee, where are you?" Chae won asked as soon as Lee Shin picked up her call.

"uh...I'm on my way to the cafe....errr just got up actually. What's up?"

"Lee shin-ah," Chae Won disregard her real name. "The wedding dress design you gave me on my last birthday. The time posted gift."

"What about it?  Am I going to do brides maids.." Lee Shin started to giggle.

"Dammit! Lee Shin. I saw almost the same design at Nylon magazine."

"Ya! Song Chae Won, are you sure you're awake? Maybe you haven't had sleep yet."

"I'll meet you at Glass in an hour. Don't make excuses. I know you're not doing anything." Chae won hang up.

Lee Shin stared at her phone. Her bestfriend sounds upset. Wedding gown? Who could have had got hold of the same design. She drew that five or maybe even 6 years ago. How could it surfaced? She shook her head and hit the shower. Her bestfriend will throw her temper if she's even a minute late.

Lee Shin was on the dot when she opened the cafe door. There's her bestfriend waiting impatiently. As soon as Chae Won saw Lee Shin walked in, she got up from her chair and pulled Lee Shin to the painting corner.

"Okay, Miss Song, what can't wait?"

Chae Won spread the magazine infront of her.

"So?" Lee Shin raised her brows.

"So... I believe that this dress is yours, you little idiot. My question is how did it end up here?"

"That's not mine." Lee Shin insisted.

"Not yours?" Chae Won pulled Lee Shin to an empty table. "Miss Lee, this is the wedding dress you sent me." she laid the paper beside the magazine. "Recognize similarities?"

Lee Shin's eyes creased. She picked both magazine and the draft, held it together close to her face. "This is definitely mine. That's my signature and initial. No doubt but how..."

"I told you. See,  whoever did this, it's not the wedding gown. I think you designed this for the bride's maids or... the wedding gown was modification from this. I studied the features."

"I guess so." Lee Shin agreed. "I haven't done this for long so I'm not familiar but I am 100 percent sure  both are mine. Did you check the designer?"

"The author covered young artist. As you can see, the entire 2 pages were designs."

Lee Shin breathed. It's not it doesn't matter to her but, she just wanted to find out how the author took hold of the design. She's pretty sure those were from years ago. It has her initial and her  signature. She's wondering why the author didn't bother to cross out the signature.

 She haven't done any fashion designs since she went to the US. Last was when she did the dress for Chae Won. She doesn't know where did that popped out. "I want to know where did this came from."

"That you really have to find out  and yeah speaking of. We got an offer  for publication of the Manhwa we are working." Chae Won shifted topic.

"Diary?" Chae Won nodded. "It's not yet finished."

"Well, you know your bestfriend has a good sales personality." Chae Won bragged. "Anyhow, how are you?"

"Better.. and that reminds me. You were ing about those art." Lee Shin pointed at the wall decor.

"It's your drawing. I was just upset, you never told me about this cafe and I got to find it out in social media."

"Sheesh! Song Chae Won." Lee Shin back hugged her bestfriend. "what do you say let's go for a trip? We're supposed to when I get back from the US."

"really?" Chae Won raised her both brows. "And you were so busy when you came back."

"I know. I know. I'm sorry. Next week?"

"Ya!" Chae won shouted at Lee Shin. "I'm not a princess like you."

 "Fine. But I'm in the mood to go somewhere next week. What do you say let's hit Europe?"

Chae Won sighed. "I'll check my schedule and that reminds me. You have to work overtime for the Diary. We're down to only 10 episode."

"Fine. Fine. I'll do it tonight."

 

JongHyun's Into the Deep  concert kick off at Seoul was a success. It was sold out. He has to prepare for his overseas activities. It scared him. He'll  be performing alone in a foreign land stages. He never did it before. His first stop was Singapore followed by Taiwan, Hongkong and China.  She suggested to limit the overseas activities because he might not meet the fan's  expectation. He had 3 performance in Japan and then back to Korea for his final in Busan concert.

He was packing for his trip to Singapore when the watch box caught his attention. He hadn't  paid attention  to it recently since the promotion started.  He opened  it and took out the note. He was pretty sure  he saw that signature before.

His phone beeped. He opened the attachment. His eyes widened.

Not wasting any second, he called his bestfriend. "What is this?"

"It's in Nylon. You remember it?"

"Remember what?" Jong Hyun was clueless.

"Lee Jong Hyun, I recognized the signature. You remember the sketches you kept for long. Your first love." Jeong Jun Seong stressed out.

"My.." Then it hit him. "Holy mother...." he stared at his phone and then the paper in his hand. "I'll call you later." he got up, rummaged in his closet and changed. He grabbed his wallet and back pack. He ran  out and was infront of the train station in less than an hour.

"Son?" her mom opened the door. "What brought you home at this hour?" his mom looked at the grandfather's clock and it was screaming 2 am.

"I have to check something important. Sorry for waking you up," he kissed his mom on the cheek.

"You want something to eat? I'll prepare something."

"Thanks mom. Can I have some warm soup please."

"Ok. I'll come and get you when it's done."

Jong Hyun went straight to his room and dug on his old box. He slowly lifted the brown-ish folder. He's hoping it's still there. He knew he packed it together with his high school stuffs.

There were 5 sketches total. He kept the 3 page. His bestfriend got the one each. When they can't find the girl at their school they made a bet that whoever will find the girl first gets something. Jong Hyun forgot all about it since he started training. He assumed his bestfriends did as well. It was never brought up for the years when they get together. It was forgotten. Then  suddenly it popped out. His bestfriend saw the signature in a fashion magazine. It was a dress design. All the sketch designs have names on it but that particular design didn't have one. It just bore the signature of the designer. That's according to his bestfriend.

He opened the envelope. He spread the 3 sheet on the table. The note in the watch and the photo in his phone. The same initial. The heart and the musical note tail. There's not even a single difference. Whoever gave him the watch. The designer of the gown. His first love. One  and the same person. "is it possible that my first love had been around me? Does she know? Who is she? How come I haven't recognized her?" Questions clouded Jong Hyun's mind.  He called Jun Seong. "Can you find if who's the designer."

"I was looking into it since I saw it. I tried to contact the writer but no luck. What do you think?"

"I have to find out."

"ohhh.... First love never dies..." Jun Seong teased.

"There's more about it. I'll talk to you later. I got to go."

"Sure thing bud." both hang up.

"What's going on son," his mother set the table for him. Even his father got up and joined them at the kitchen.

"Are you okay? It's too late for you coming home." his dad asked worriedly.

"I have some important stuff to look." Jong Hyun sat down and started eating.

"Oh.. How's the promotion going?" his dad asked.

"All good. I'll start with the overseas concert soon. Oh.. that reminds me. Can you come to my overseas concerts?" he  turned to his father.

"Son, I have things to take care. You have your manager."

"dad.. please," Jong Hyun pouted like a 3 year old boy.

"Dad, it's your boy's first solo concert." his mom took side of her son.

"Thanks mom," Jong Hyun grinned.

"Hmmm... finish your food and take a rest. Are you going back to Seoul in the morning?"

"I have a filming at 11." Jong Hyun answered. "And I will be leaving for singapore in the evening. Can you meet me there?

"My poor son. Drink this milk and go straight to sleep. hmmm" his mom started to nag.

"Thanks mommy."

Jong Hyun's mind were all cluttered on his way back to Seoul. The signature bothered him so much. He's sure that it's a girl. The signature belonged to the girl he used to like in middle school. There's no way that someone will be using the same initial and the distinctive signature.

 

Lee Shin studied the magazine where the gown was published. A budding designer's show and it was somehow featured. The signature and initial was definitely hers. She got someone to investigate the design and the dress. To find out who was the designer.

The report was that the designer admitted it wasn't hers however she doesn't want to disclose who owns the design. Someone just asked her to feature the said design and until the owner will claim it, it will remain anonymous.

She doesn't want to push it but Chae Won was the adamant to claim ownership. That's why she's meeting the designer. She was curious as well who's using the same initial and signature as she is.

"Miss Song Chae Won?" a tall girl wearing a classy outfit approached her.

Lee Shin didn't respond at first but realized that the girl was talking to her. She forgot that they agreed to use Song Chae Won's name. "Oh... yeah." she got up and bowed.

"I'm Park Eun Seo." the girl smiled wildly and offered a handshake.

Lee Shin accepted the hand shake and motioned her the chair across her. "I'm curious."

"So do I." Eun Seo said.

"I read the article. The dress caught my attention. My friend's getting married soon and we saw the dress. She wanted it but uhmmm.. we want to know the history."

Eun Seo's face dropped but she didn't let it show. She smiled. "Oh...."

"hmmm?" Lee Shin noticed how her face was dismayed.

"uhmmm.. That design wasn't mine. Someone asked me to include it. We're trying to find the designer." Eun Seo explained.

Lee Shin's brows creased. "You're telling me that you published that because someone want to find someone?"

Eun Seo nodded. "I didn't like the idea at first but I when I saw the design. It was classic. Chic. Honestly, I fell inlove with the dress. I am a fashion designer but I want to wear the dress myself. I ended up agreeing because I myself  want to meet the designer.

"oh.... Actually." Lee Shin slid the design she made for Chae Won bearing her signature.

Eun Seo's hands flew to and stared at Lee Shin. "Oh my gosh!" she took the page and inspect it. "you're the designer?" Lee Shin nodded. "This is..."

"I guess a modification of this." Lee Shin pointed the dress in the magazine.

"This is brilliant. Oh my gosh! this will be a hit!" Eun Seo commented. "You have know idea how many were interested in this dress. How much more of this gown."

Lee Shin smiled. "I want to know how it came to your hand. I'm pretty sure I never hand any of my designs to anyone. I don't even remember when I did this. But it resemble my this one and it has my initial so I knew this is mine."

"It's definitely yours. I am not going to argue with that. How ever I can't disclose where I got it. The person somehow wanted to find out who designed this that's why he asked me to include it in the collection. I don't exactly know what's his connection to you but..."

"Wait. Did you say his? Meaning it's a man." Lee Shin concluded.

"Uh..." she was caught offguard. "yeah. That's how far I can go. Your design are awesome. Why don't you pursue it?"

"It was just a past time. That's not what I really do." Lee Shin answered.

"Ohhh.. but it's a waste." Eun Seo said.

Lee Shin just shrugged. "I want to know who has this."

"I'll talk to him." Eun Seo gathered her purse as she noticed Lee Shin was ready to go. "It's nice to meet you."

"same here." Lee Shin got up and left. "Oppa," she called her brother. "Can you dig on Park Eun Seo? She's a budding fashion designer."

"And what about this Park?" her brother asked in curiosity.

"I'll let you know soon."

"I'll get my secretary to handle it. I'll see you at home tonight?"

"Uhhh... I have a sleep over at Chae won's. She's pressuring me on our project."

"Okay. Call me tonight then." her brother hang up. She walked to the train station and went straight to Chae Won's house.

"How did it go?" Chae Won asked right away.

"She said someone is looking for the designer. For what reason, I didn't ask. It seems she's doesn't want to divulge anything about it. But it was for sure a man."

"Hmm... Interesting. I wonder who was he?"

"Make me curious." Lee shin opened the fridge and took a water bottled water. "I asked Jun Ha oppa to look into the girl."

"What are you planning then? Are you going to sue her?"

Lee Shin brows met. "Song Chae Won. That's not worth suing besides her reason was acceptable."

Chae Won shrugged. "It's yours and it's up to you. Oh... I saw a glitch on chapter 34. there's a loop."

"Huh?" Lee Shin looked up at Chae Won. "Let me see."

Chae won explained the missing part and the two worked the whole night. The whole dress meeting was forgotten. That's how the two when they're togehter and working on a project. They're always focused.

 

a/n: here's  something for your weekend!Have a great weekend everyone. Don't  forget to drop a comment...😊😊😊