Tiffany

Falling For You...

As soon as the sun began to rise and the birds began to chirp, everyone began to wake up, one by one. Some prepared breakfast, some sat and stared, and others, paced around the room until they made the people who were sitting on the couches go dizzy.
‘Minho, Jonghyun! Stop pacing around!’ Onew snapped as he was becoming lightheaded.
‘Guys? Breakfast is ready, please eat,’ Siwon said.
Everyone got up silently and ate, not even tasting the food in their mouths. When they had all finished, f(x) agreed to clean up, well, Victoria, Amber and Sulli did anyway.

A gong sound went off around the room, the boys all immediately jumped up, ready for whatever came at them, but instead, a voice boomed from unseen speakers, ‘The first girl to be returned will be Tiffany, but only if everyone can complete the mission, otherwise, she will not be returned. Now listen carefully, as i will only repeat this ONCE! At the waterfall, there are two trees, over two hundred years old, one on each side of the river that flows, two ropes are tied from one tree to another, a foot apart. On top of these ropes, are two thin planks. Wooyoung, you are to climb up the ladder of one of the trees and to stand on the planks. Find out a way to cross from one tree to another, using only these two planks, when you get to the other tree, there will a pink box, grab it and bring it to the gate that blocks off the western part of the island. You are allowed to use a harness, but other than that, you are not allowed to use anything else that i have not instructed you to use. If you do not follow the rules, i cannot promise that Tiffany will be returned to you unharmed. I will be watching,’ the voice was cut off and no further instructions were given.

‘That seems easy enough!’ Ryeowook tried to brighten up the mood.
‘It’s not! What if i lose Tiffany? I’m afraid of heights!’ exclaimed Wooyoung.
‘Then maybe one of us could do it for you instead,’ Jay said.
‘No, if we don’t do as the voice says, then noona will be harmed!’ cried Taemin.
‘He’s right... i have to do this myself, it’s as if this person knows my weaknesses and is targeting them.’
‘Then  we might as well get going,’ Donghae said.

As they all half ran- half walked out the door, Taemin said, ‘If only we knew who was doing this, it would be easier to predict what would happen!’
He turned to see Sulli looking troubled and muttering, ‘I have to look after my family... i can’t let it spill... or else Krystal will...’
‘Sulli-shi, are you ok?’
‘Wha-? Yeah, umm... i’m fine.’
‘You don’t seem fine... do you know anything about this?’ Taemin asked suspiciously.
‘Why would i? I’m just as worried about unnies as you are,’ she half lied.
‘Arasso, we should go save tiffany noona now...’ Taemin said as he ran ahead.

Eunhyuk, Minho, Junsu, Taecyeon and Taemin arrived first as they were all the fastest runners.
‘How’s hyung going to get across with just those thin planks of wood?!’ wondered Taemin.
‘I think he should have one foot and each one and slide them across under him one by one,’ said Junsu.
Within minutes, the rest arrived, excluding Luna and Krystal as they were walking.
‘Wooyoung! Put on the harness first!’ Heechul yelled at Wooyoung who had already started climbing the tree.
‘I don’t know how to attach it to the ropes connecting the trees...’ he mumbled.
‘Does anyone know how to?’ Kibum asked.
‘Yeah, i do, put the harness on first, then we’ll climb up the tree and i’ll attach it for you, hyung,’ Minho said.

Once Minho had attached the harness onto the ropes, he climbed down the tree and Wooyoung got onto the planks.
‘How do i get across with just two planks?!’ Wooyoung yelled, not looking down.
‘Slide!’
‘Sit down and shuffle across!’
‘Use just one!’
‘Use both! And move one foot at time!’
‘Omona! Hyung is so high off the ground! What if he falls into the river?!’ exclaimed Ryeowook and Taemin. Hangkyung and Minho clapped their hands over Ryeowook and Taemin’s mouths but it was too late, Wooyoung heard.
‘Bwoh?! Is it really that high?’ he exclaimed.
‘Don’t look down you babo!’ Victoria yelled at him.
‘Don’t say that! Now he’ll want to look!’ exclaimed Nichkhun.
Wooyoung glanced and screamed, he was 20 metres off the ground, standing on two thin planks, who wouldn’t freak out? And his fear of heights made it worse, he lost his balance and fell.
‘Wooyoung!!’ yelled all of 2pm, thinking that he was going to fall into the river.
Despite everything that was going on, the rest managed to laugh at 2pm.
‘Hyung! His attached to the ropes! See? He’s hanging off the ropes, he’s not going to get hurt!’ Minho said.
‘Haha! Babo!’ Ryeowook and Taemin laughed, pointing at 2pm.
‘Shut up! You would be the same if your hyungs were up there!’ Chansung scolded them.
Ryeowook and Taemin immediately shut up because they knew Chansung was right. And Taemin had all of his brothers who would have to do something like this.
‘Wooyoung! Grab onto the planks and pull yourself back up! Don’t give up, hwaiting!’ Eunhyuk yelled.
With all the effort he had, Wooyoung managed to pull himself up onto the planks.
‘Now stand on the planks and slide across!’ Taecyeon yelled.
‘I... i can’t! My feet are shaking...’ Wooyoung cried.
‘Try sliding across while sitting!’ Chansung suggested.
‘I-i-i... i think i’ll try that one!’ shouted Wooyoung as he tried to slide across while sitting, without moving very far, he lost his balance and fell again.

‘I can’t do this!’ he yelled, almost in tears.
Wooyoung’s fear for heights was really bad, he could not stop his body from shaking, which made it hard to keep his balance. Once he managed to climb back up, the others started shouting instructions to him again.
‘Imagine you’re only 10 cm off the ground!’
‘Don’t lift your feet, only slide them!’
‘Keep your centre of gravity still!’
It was all too much for Wooyoung, ‘Stop! You all make it sound so easy but it’s not! I can’t do this...’ he said, giving up.
‘Wooyoung, don’t you DARE get down from there until you get my little sister back, understand?!’ yelled Donghae angrily. He knew it was hard but he couldn’t stand it that Wooyoung was so willing to give up.
‘If you really love Tiffany, then you will do this for her! Otherwise, you don’t deserve her. Are you so scared that you’re willing to let her get hurt? Do you really love her?’ Donghae yelled again.
‘Yes, i do love Hwang Miyoung, who are you to say i don’t?!’ Wooyoung shouted back angrily.
‘Then prove it Wooyoung! Hurry and get Tiffany back!’ Shindong joined in.
Having the need to prove to everyone that he loved Tiffany, Wooyoung stood up, forgetting about his fear of heights and began to move across the ropes on the planks. Mid-way through, a strong wind blew, making Wooyoung’s leg wobble. He managed to stay up but one of the planks fell down into the river and broke into two on a jagged rock. This reminded him of his fear of heights and he screamed, ‘Omona, did you see that? If i fall down, i’m going to brake in half! And how do i move now? I only have one plank!’ Wooyoung yelled.

This was troubling because Wooyoung couldn’t put his weight on another plank to push the first one forward.
‘Hyung! Sit down first! If the wind blows while you’re standing up, then you might lose the only plank you have left! The rope is the weakest when it’s in the middle!’ Kyuhyun yelled.
Wooyoung obediently did what Kyuhyun told him and sat down, trying not to shake the plank of wood.
‘Hyung... Ottoke?’ Wooyoung asked Jay, desperately.
Everyone stood there for several minutes, trying to think of a way Wooyoung could get across.

Suddenly, another gong sound went off, and again, a voice sounded from unseen speakers, ‘Wooyoung, this mission is now timed. You have only 5 minutes to complete this task, if you are unable, Tiffany will not be returned to you, but i will give you an advantage because the other plank of wood fell down. You may use the ropes to pull yourself and the plank of wood across to the other side,’ the voice was then cut off.
Wooyoung moved to one side of the plank of wood and was about to start pulling himself across with one rope, when Minho shouted, ‘Hyung! You have to sit in the middle and use BOTH the ropes to pull you across, otherwise you’ll fall onto one side and lose balance!’
Wooyoung did as he was told, and pulled both ropes, one in each hand and moved across.
Another gong went off and said, ‘You have one minute left!’

Wooyoung cursed as he moved across the rope faster, he finally reached the other side and grabbed the pink box, he climbed down the ladder that was on the tree and ran to a stand that said, “Place box here when received.”
The fourth gong of the day sounded and said, ‘you have successfully completed your mission, Tiffany is in the mansion waiting for your return Wooyoung. And as for Key, you will have your chance to retrieve Sooyoung tomorrow, that is all for today.’

They all ran back to the mansion, Wooyoung ran faster than he had ever ran before. At the doorstep, waiting for everyone was Tiffany, she looked perfectly fine, except for a few scratches and the bags under her eyes. Wooyoung ran straight into her and hugged her, ‘Hwang Miyoung! Don’t you ever do that to me again!!’ he said before he kissed her.
Tears spilled out of her eyes, tears of happiness and relief, ‘I’m so happy to see you again.’

‘Noona! Where is Seohyun?!’ Kyuhyun yelled.
‘Is Yuri safe?! Please tell me she’s not hurt!’ begged Minho.
‘Has Sooyoung been eating?!’ Key asked worriedly
‘Did Sica get any sleep at all?’ Jjong exclaimed.
‘Yoona isn’t hurt is she?’ Taecyeon asked worriedly.
‘Is Sunny ok?’ Sungmin joined in.
‘Who did this? Where is Taeyeon?’ Onew cried.
‘Hyoyeon... is Hyoyeon okay? Please let her be alright...’ Eunhyuk mumbled.
‘GUYS! Don’t bombard Tiffany with questions! She needs to rest now!’ Wooyoung yelled.
This got Taecyeon angry, ‘We have every right to ask her! You just don’t care about the others now that Tiffany is back do you?! Don’t act as if everything is alright and this is just a joke because Tiffany is safe! Our girlfriends’ lives aren’t something to play with, alright?! Understand?’ he yelled as he held up Wooyoung’s collar and lifting him off the ground.
‘Taecyeon oppa, please let Wooyoung oppa go. He said something stupid, i’m worried about my sisters too, i’ll try to answer everything i know... please,’ Tiffany pleaded.
‘Tiffany, don’t you need to rest and eat? The questions can wait,’ Wooyoung said.
‘No! They can’t just wait! Hyung you are so selfish. They’re in danger right now, we understand that Tiffany needs rest but isn’t this more important? We need to know as much as we can!’ Jonghyun snapped, becoming irritated at the older boy’s selfishness.

When everything had settled, everyone sat in the lounge rooms and Tiffany began to speak, ‘I’m not sure about everyone, they separated us into threes. I was only with Sunny and Sooyoung, we are the first group to be released.’
‘Wait, what do you mean the first? How was the order decided?’ Kibum asked.
‘When we got there, we were told that we would be released one by one, unharmed, if oppas managed to help us, otherwise we wouldn’t be released. We also got to choose who goes first. I volunteered to go first, because no one knew what would really happen. Then, Sooyoung was put next because she couldn’t stand not eating whenever she wanted, we had to wait for meals and they weren’t enough for her. Sunny was third because she was so frightened and really wanted to be back safe.’
‘What about Seohyun?’ Kyuhyun asked worriedly.
‘She’s next, we all wanted our maknae to be safe, next was Hyoyeon. I mean, Hyoyeon was already going through so much,’ Tiffany said, looking at Eunhyuk, ‘And we knew she wouldn’t be able to stand all the stuff that is going on right now. Then Taeyeon unnie, she wanted to be last but Yoonyulsica refused to leave unless their leader was safe. Those three, Seohyun, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were put in the same room, i haven’t seen them since we finished deciding, so i don’t know how they are... i’m sorry,’ she said as she looked at Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and Onew.
‘Damnit!’ Junho yelled, he was really worried about Hyoyeon.
‘But... what about Sica?’ Jonghyun asked, frightened about the news he might hear.

‘They’re next. Originally, Yuri wanted to go last, you know how she is, she didn’t want to leave until she was sure everyone was safe, even if she was put in the most danger, we all mean the world to her. But, Sica didn’t want that to happen, so she forced Yuri to be next, but then Yoona said she will be last. Then a voice came from speakers and said that all three will be released at the same time, and they agreed. Then they were sent off to another room. Again, i don’t know what happened after that. Jonghyun, Taecyeon, Minho, i’m sorry that i can’t tell you anymore than that.’

 

(a/n): hmm... what do you think? how was the chapter?

comment and subscribe ^^