be careful.

Be careful (of who you mess with)

The very next day Luhan and Jiyeon along with Chanyeol went to the prison where Sehun was kept but what they found out was horrible.

“Next Tuesday, he’ll be executing. So what’s the point of visiting him?” Security asked them with a bored expression.

“What?” Luhan whispered to himself.

Jiyeon slammed the table in aggressiveness. “I said we want to get inside so let us in!”

Chanyeol pulled Jiyeon back. She has been like this for a while now.

“I’m sorry for her. But please we need to talk to him. Please let us in.” Chanyeol pleaded from the man who gave Jiyeon stingy eye then stood up as lazily as he could.

“Fine, I’ll take you there.” He spoke lazily. Then muttered under his breath but the trio heard it well. “Disrespectful kids these days get on my nerves.”

Jiyeon wanted to retort but Chanyeol warned her with his gaze.

The man opened the door with his keys and then let the kids enter then following behind.

There was a glass and a wall separating them from Sehun. Telephone was the only object in there and it was the only way to communicate with the other side.

Sehun was there, his eyes down casted with a very dull expressions. Face colorless and his perfect posture was slumped down. He looked up once he saw the visitors. His eyes showed a little color when he saw Jiyeon but that’s it. No words. No smile. Just eyes.

“Sehun,” Jiyeon called worriedly. “I…I’m sorry for what happened to Minseok…”

“It’s not your fault.” Sehun whispered lightly. “It was never your fault… He betrayed me…”

Luhan saw the tiny detail on his dull face changed. It was pain, the pain he was crying hard yesterday.

“They said they’ll execute you.” Chanyeol murmured in quiet voice.

Sehun nodded. He already knows.

“What should we do? We need to get you out of here.” Jiyeon whispered.

Sehun smiled at that in mock. As if telling her it was a childish dream.

“They won’t set him free. But I think I know what I need to do to save him.” Luhan said with determination.

Then everyone was quiet. Sehun wasn’t talking. He seemed to fighting himself mentally. He was spacing out more and more.

They realized Sehun wasn’t able to talk; he had so much going on to actually focus on them. So they bid him goodbye and left.

Luhan did what he said. He begged Yunho on his knees to not let Sehun execute. How did he manage to reach the man was… unknown but all Luhan know he did alongside Jiyeon and Chanyeol.

He had tears in his eyes but Yunho gave him a tired look. “I can’t save him. Do you know he deserve to die? The peoples he killed and tortured to death, do you think their families don’t hope for justice? Luhan you use to be detective. You must know what he did is unforgiving-”

Luhan though wasn’t going to quiet. He wasn’t as strong as Sehun or even a smart as Sehun but he would do anything as long as he could.

“If I gave more than half share of my fortune, would you save Sehun from this?” Luhan asked in desperation.

Yunho choked. The boy was going crazy that was for sure. More than half? That’s called few millions in Luhan’s case. Was he ready to give up all that for that criminal? That was crazy.

“You’re bluffing right now. You know that you could do so much with that money and you want to give away this amount for your friend? That’s crazy.”

Luhan shook his head. “I don’t want to do anything with it. I just want Sehun to live.”

Yunho gave him a disapproving look then sighed. He wasn’t so content about money as much as he was about this weird bond. Sehun was really something.

“Fine, I’ll talk with the court.” He spoke at last. Still giving this scolding parents look to the three friends.

With that he shooed them out. Thinking a way to save Sehun. It was almost impossible but maybe with few million he could save him from execution… well there a way. He sighed at what he was going to do. If Luhan doesn’t want the boy to execute then he should shut the help up when Yunho is going to claim the criminal has mental issues. What Yunho didn’t know was he was dead on point.

Two days later Luhan and Jiyeon came to Yunho when he called them.

“I don’t have time because I’ve this training I need to leave in ten minutes so let’s make it short. Sehun isn’t going to execute. But because I proved he’s mentally ill so the court decided Sehun would be send to mentally ill institution. Once he’s healed, he’ll spend twenty years in prison as his punishment then he would be free.”

Luhan was quiet alongside Jiyeon. Speechless. It was a very long time but… but he wasn’t going to die, right. With that hope they went to visit Sehun again. Hoping he was stable enough to talk this time.


“Twenty years.” Sehun repeated what he heard.

His eyes rose up slowly and slowly. They first landed on Luhan then they slowly drifted to Jiyeon. They were unfocused even though he was looking at Jiyeon.

“Sehun… you’ve to understand it’s for your own good. You once told me enjoy killing, you can’t control your ange-”

“So that made me a psychopath?” Sehun questioned with accusingly.

Jiyeon wanted to say yes. Yes that makes anyone psychopath. Sehun was already having a hard time and also she doesn’t want to lie so she decided to change the topic.

“Once it all end let’s get married.” Jiyeon showed him a bright smile.

Sehun chuckled bitterly as he looked at other side. “Not answering, so I’m a psychopath.”

Jiyeon’s smile falls from her face with unbelievable.

That day Jiyeon left sadly, but came the next day as Sehun was taken to the other building.


Sehun was motionless as the doctor talked to him nicely but the nurses, stuff all feared from him. As if he was the aggressive animal ready to pounce them at any given moment. He was led to a room almost empty with just a white bed. Guess this was where he’s going to live for a while now. It’s going to be fine. He told himself. It was better from outside world.

The day he saw Minseok pointed gun at Jiyeon, he felt betrayed. He wondered how his best friend could do this to his woman. How could he do this to Sehun? Sehun love Jiyeon more than his own life so Minseok should’ve known it was like killing Sehun himself when he pointed the gun at Jiyeon. He was shaken up but that doesn’t mean he wanted Minseok dead. No, he never wanted that. Minseok might be a betrayer but seeing him die break Sehun totally. Minseok was idiot, monster and betrayer but he was still the same person who was there to spoil Sehun.

He exactly doesn’t remember who shoot Minseok but someone did. Otherwise Minseok would’ve not been on the ground blood spread around his corpse.

He heard the doctor telling the nurse that he was suffering from trust issues too. Sehun wasn’t crazy, he know he enjoyed killing but he was smart enough to know what was happening and the only reason he let himself get dragged in here and let them have their way was because he doesn’t want to die, nor does he want to face the outside world. He was having hard time trusting anyone and he also know maybe these people could help him. They were professionals after all. Sehun though… sadly he know all their tricks. He could see through their eyes because once again… Sehun took a psychology course. Sometimes Sehun wondered why he did all that. It was to become undefeatable but he never know one day, it would bite him back.

He also never thought he would regret about everything he did in his life this soon. He had a scenario in his head, he would be in his fifties with his two children, and one would be adult and the other in their teens. He would smile at them, scold them, discipline them, play with them and then love them. Then he would think about what he did and would teach them well to not turn out like him. He would regret for turning into monster but he would be thankful to his wife, his beautiful wife called Jiyeon. Then everything would turn out great. He would die natural death as he aged.

That scenario was shattered into million pieces.

Day by day he was pulling himself together. Trying to overcome what he has gone through on his own with the peace he was given. It was great for him but after two months Jiyeon came and his all hard work was crumpled. He was feeling all those emotions again. He remembered that day and found himself running in circles inside his.

What Sehun didn’t understand was; he turns to a real psycho… from three issues they doubled to six. His mental health gotten worse since his arrival. Doctors saw it, they tried to talk to Sehun to help him but Sehun believed he was smarter than them. He didn’t even consider listening to them. It was painful to see him ruining himself like this. The doctors didn’t allow visits for Sehun because whenever someone visited him from that incident, Sehun would be dangerously calm. When that visitor would leave, Sehun would go berserk with his own emotions. Hurting others or himself. It was hard to calm him down because at those times, Sehun would only think of hurting someone, a great need to claw someone’s face. They would lock him restrained jacket for days and sometimes Sehun managed to rip it, leaving them no options but to drug him for days.

Life was cruel.

Sehun had endured it until at last he had enough. He cried and cried to be let out of this suffocating place he first saw as escape. Two years and a half Sehun constantly suffered. He wanted nothing but to go to Jiyeon. He needed her most in this entire planet. He was willing to forget what happened to Minseok. He blamed Minseok for trying to kill his love. He starts hating the dead man. The doctors weren’t able to help him. Nobody understood him and even though it angered him Sehun remained quiet. He was sick of all this. It was to the point he heard doctors saying he became his old self. His mind was back to the same thinking as the first day he stepped in. Sehun didn’t humor them; he let talk and talk while he sits there alone like a stone. Because he was Sehun. He wouldn’t change just because these people can’t accept him. They could die with their thinking for all Sehun care.

Idiots.

That was how Sehun live three years of his life, in that place.


Luhan.

Luhan was already broken. He couldn’t be ruined more than he was. Well actually if he were to break more than that he might as well have committed suicide.

That doesn’t matter. Luhan remembered Sehun promised him that he’ll help him to get a professional help. But Sehun was needing help himself. So Luhan decided to help himself. He was thinking that he would go to therapy sessions as soon as he can go and heal as fast as he could so that later he could meet Sehun.

The therapy was slow, too slow for his liking but he endured like how he endured other bulls in his life. It seemed impossible to work on Luhan but then with time… he changed. Because Luhan was usually a very obedient person it wasn’t hard. He was easy to handle. One word when he’s in normal mood three words if he’s going crazy. That’s how simple and easy he was.

But the more he learned to treasures himself, he see the changes in people around him. The more he learned, the more he used it in his everyday life.

It took a year for him to be the man he dreamed to be. He was always talented, his personality lacked and that was fulfilled too. So now he wasn’t the same lonely and innocent boy. He was different. He was stronger. He didn’t let every single person degrade him. He punched guys who were rude with him. He talked to kids nicely that it was wrong to bully someone. He quietly listened to adults when they bad mouth him with a polite smile. If they do too much he would simply leave them.

Respectful.

He was indeed one. Finding a girl wasn’t hard. He knows peoples intentions towards him. He gives his back to the fake while embraced everyone with good intentions. He was just this kind of man.

He engaged with a nice and elegant girl who was ready to accept ordinary life. Where no matter how rich she is, they would never show off their money and live a simple, beautiful life. His dream life.

Now it would be totally selfish of him if he forgot Sehun. But you see he didn’t. He wanted to visit him the moment he was cured but sadly Sehun wasn’t allowed any visitors. He begged and begged but they said it was bad for Sehun’s health so he gave up. He gave his number to the doctor who was assigned to take care of Sehun so that when Sehun would be allowed visitors he could know.

It was all so good to be true.

Though two years later… he got the call from Sehun’s doctor…

Jiyeon.

Jiyeon was changed just like everyone else did. The arrogant, rude, bully, annoying and obnoxious girl to the quiet … silent… pressured girl.

Sehun meant so much to her and Luhan become one of her supporter. Luhan was just as eager as her for visiting Sehun. After first two visits, she realized Sehun doesn’t need her or Luhan. He just needed peace. She had hope. Soon Sehun would be fine and they would go back to what they were.

Luhan visited Sehun but that day she was with her mother. Her mother wanted to spend some time with her after her recovery from her coma. She can visit Sehun some other time, right.

Two months later, Jiyeon went to visit him and yet again he was quiet. It was like he was going crazy and once she left his room the doctor told her to not visit again until they inform. She asked why and the doctor explained. At that moment Jiyeon feared what was going to happen. She doesn’t want Sehun to suffer but it’s seems like he was suffering way too much and she can’t even be beside him when he need someone.

She went to school as a changed person.

Walking up in the morning she half-heartedly ate breakfast then went to school with her father. Mr. Park decided to do that to avoid getting her in trouble. What he didn’t realize she wasn’t even angry to actually get in trouble.

Entering through the school gates, everyone stopped to look at the girl who was kidnapped. They saw the blank expression. They saw her friends running to her. Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Hyeri. They hugged her, welcomed yet all she did was gave a weak small smile. Her friends didn’t question. They know everything already.

She went to her class and sat at the available seat at the end of the classroom. Avoiding people.

The teacher gave lesson and it went smoothly. The teachers were relieved she didn’t annoy the class like she used to.

Some wondered why while others slide it down thinking it was the side effect of getting kidnapped and they weren’t stupid enough to ask her personally what happened when she was kidnapped. They could get in trouble with her father and get expelled.

The class was over and Jiyeon dragged her heavy body out of the class to the other. Then at break time, she sat alone in the music class. Lights off her knees pulled to her chest as her head lay on her knees. It was just a first day and she was having hard time to calm down. How she was going to survive the entire year?

Every day was same. And just because she wasn’t a bully anymore doesn’t mean there weren’t bullies anymore. The kids still bully the weak but once she witnessed with her own eyes as one guy was shamelessly slapping another guy, a short boy with glasses.

Jiyeon was reminded how Sehun was against bullying. How he despise the idea so much and because she love Sehun, to show her love she went towards them and kicked the taller student on his shin with her sandal. The tall boy groaned and turns towards her with shock.

“Why did you do that?! I’m just bullying him!” The tall boy complained.

Jiyeon raised her hand to slap the boy and she did.

“Just because you’re stronger don’t you mean you can go around be about it. Bullying is children’s game, grow up and focus on your future rather than be a pathetic .” She scolded him and once she was sure the nerd disappear she start walking away but of course she heard the boy murmured ‘she’s crazy man. Must have been hit on the head hard by her kidnapper’. Yes, she expected something like this but she was mature enough to not turn around and fight them. They were mere kids who are saved under their parents’ protection. How would they know the life a child who’s getting beat up. She don’t know but Sehun taught her that much.

After that day bullies stop bullying when she was around and her loyal fans start following her footsteps and stop the bullying but you know what? It never happened fully. Because it’s a human thing to do that.

More days until it turns a year. She stopped hanging around her friends. She was depressed and tired. She wants Sehun but she also knows it was impossible. But she was desperate.

That’s how she finds herself stepping inside the club alone for the first time. Her intentions were not to dance, not to drink, not to flirt or get laid.

She walked to the direction of VIP. There she enters the room.

Room full of criminals.

Black rose was it? She doesn’t remember the name but she recognized some faces. They were shocked to see her and quietly eyed her. As if waiting what would she do next.

She met Chorong sitting there and all honestly she knows Chorong must have hates her now after what happened with Minseok.

Chorong looked up with dark eyes and when their eyes met, Chorong cold barrier broke as she gave Jiyeon a weak look. She was sad but she gave Jiyeon this smile that told Jiyeon Chorong doesn’t blame Jiyeon for what happened. She doesn’t because she cares for Jiyeon enough to do that.

So Jiyeon find herself walking closer to the girl who lost her man. Maybe they could help each other. But Jiyeon’s case was different. She didn’t lose Sehun. Sehun was alive but he was… being treated to be a better man. So that he won’t harm the world. Sehun was there for good. So why was she sad and whimpering when she told Chorong this? Why her heart told her to not believe what she can’t see? Though she ignored the tiny feelings not satisfied. She was trying to live and that was the only way.

When she asked for drugs from Chorong, the girl gave her some. Jiyeon was sure it won’t have happened if Chorong wasn’t drugged herself.

Sniffing them, injecting herself with it she felt calm and uneasy. The pain finally left her. She didn’t care as she sat doing nothing but giggling to herself. Imagining the world she wanted to live in. The world where she was with Sehun and not abandoned and hurt.

The time she woke up she was mad at herself. It was wrong. She cried her pain alone for doing such a thing. She beat herself up for doing it yet it didn’t change the fact she did something this awful. She promised herself she won’t do it again. But then… when Sehun took control of fragile brain she found herself walking inside the same, asking some Chorong once again and did what she wasn’t supposed to do. Why? Because she miss Sehun. Sehun was her addiction. If she can’t get Sehun then she’ll do something that would make her have illusions of Sehun and yes it worked. She did more often until one day her parents’ found.

They didn’t beat her for it, instead they cried with her because this girl wasn’t their daughter. She wasn’t the girl they raised. The girl they raised was far better than this. Jiyeon was heartbroken when she stared at her parents breaking down in sobs because of her. They don’t deserve her. All she ever gave them was hard times. Yet they treat her as if she was the best girl in the world. Maybe that was the reason when they broke down she felt more hurt.

Then she confessed about her thoughts. She told them the truth, everything. From the time Sehun was hired in the school to today how she felt. Every single thing. She needed help. She knows and her parents did get her help. She took some therapy sessions; few didn’t work until one of them succeeded.

She learned to live without Sehun but that doesn’t mean she moved on. She was fine but deep down her heart still yearned for that man. She starts doing what every girl do. Less cheerful and more forced but still she did yet one thing she was never able to do. It was to look at man more than a friend. She never dated, lusted or got any crush because those kinds of feeling were slaves to Sehun, and Sehun only.

Another year passed.

She has graduated from high school. Looking for a good university but maybe life was just too full of surprises.

It was cruel with her.

One of these days she stayed out late in the playground staring at the sky peacefully.

That was good and refreshing until she saw the silhouette of someone who she can’t forget.

She stood up on her legs as she stared at the man in front of her.

Oh Sehun.

He was Oh Sehun.

He was standing there body slouched as he gazed upon Jiyeon with eyes full of love.

“Jiyeon… I can’t take it anymore… please let’s run away…” Sehun pleaded sadly.

Jiyeon kept standing, processing what’s happening until she finally has focused on his clothes. He had run away from the institution.

She stepped back as her eyes widened. No, he can’t do the same mistake again. He should be with her legally- not like this.

“Sehun… you can’t be here… you should go back… “She refused to get closer to Sehun as he took few steps towards her.

Sehun looked hurt as she saw tears gathering inside his tired and once dominant eyes. Why he seems so broken? Why he wasn’t cured yet?

“I can’t…” Sehun shake his head. “I can’t… let’s just run away from all this… I can’t take it anymore Jiyeon I would die please let’s run away from here, love.” He pleaded.

But Jiyeon wasn’t ready for this. Sehun needed help. “Sehun… we can’t run away… you need to be well before that… please go back Sehun… I can’t do this…”

Sehun stood still staring at Jiyeon. But Jiyeon wasn’t ready to look at him because it hurts to see him like this. So vulnerable… so weak… he wasn’t even the shadow of the Sehun she once knows.

“Fine.” It was said in clear voice as Sehun took step away from Jiyeon. “If you don’t want me anymore… I would kill myself.”

Jiyeon lifted her head with horror as she heard those words. Indeed, there was a knife in his right hand, pointing to his neck. He stared at Jiyeon with watery eyes.

“Choose, Jiyeon. Because I can’t live in there. It’s either we run away or I die.”

And Jiyeon know her answer to this.

 

 

 

***********************

 

AUTHOR NOTE

So here’s the final chapter.

Okay honestly I don’t what is this but this was the ending i had in my mind when i first thought about the plot. So I’m not sure if it’s happy or sad… I think it’s mixed… its happy because Sehun and Jiyeon are together now but sad because… Sehun isn’t able to be okay. He’s too destroyed mentally to be okay. He believed strongly on himself. That it’s hard to listen to people that he’s wrong.

People never turn alright if they had gone through suffer. They need time, help. Even small actions could affect human because human mind is sooo fragile…

And yes Jiyeon’s parents know she has run away with Sehun but they let her with a promise she would always inform them her whereabouts. Few years later the people stopped searching for them so yeah… that’s the ending.

It took me two years to complete but oh god I did! I’m so happy but I’ll miss this story so much… ah why suddenly I feel like crying?...

Well anyway thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucchh for reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaading this story of mine that I was too lazy to write that it took me two years to write forty chapters. But I did he he.

I love every single one of you, the you who subscribed to this story, who voted this story, who commented in this story and who read this story *silent readers* I really thank you guys so much. I purposely didn’t mark my stories for *only subscribers* because I want peoples to read it and subscribe them without feeling forced… I’m weird for thinking like this but I do so I’m really happy who actually subscribed this story… I’m talking too much… god bless you whoever read this sooo long author note. But it’s the last note for this story!

Anyway I love you peoples!

A little question though… should I post a sad or happy oneshot now? I’ve it already written a one shot. A year ago. Hehehe~