be careful.

Be careful (of who you mess with)
Kai was freezed as he kept staring at the man he searched high and low, left and right but was nowhere in sight was now infront of him, sending a detective to a death mouth. The smell of blood entering his nostrils, unconsciously his face cringed in distaste.

He opened his mouth, to say something, something that would relate Jiyeon but was speechless. His eyes unblinking as he tried to believe what his eyes showed. It was unrealistic to see that man here out of all the places he and his man searched. His ears had annoying ringing, making him caged inside his brain as he was watching the two man on the floor.

His eyes lifted up and down on the man, scaning the taller man’s body, atleast thrice till now. He wasn’t sure he was dreaming or not, but he don’t have enough time to think as he forcefully moved his body urgently, sloppily charged towards the two bodies. His feet colliding with quiet a power on the hard and not much cleaned ground. Plan was beat up the taller man so he wouldn’t be able to run away, he had hide himself enough already.

Too bad, his plan was bound to stopped. It was Sehun afterall, not some rookie easy to beat.

As soon as he saw Kai move in desperation, Sehun’s shoulder tensed and he quickly thought how to stop the man, too close means higher possibility of loosing so he had to stop the man in a second or two. And he looked down at the body on the ground in hidden anxious, the battered detective was in view, helpless. He grab the body of a hurt man once again, forcing him to get up by grasping the short male’s upper arm, used him as a shield, even when the body was powerless to stand on its feet. He throw the weight of detective body on his left arms, while his right hand moved to the detective’s pants, searching for any kind of weapon that could help. He felt up until he felt a lump on the detective’s back pocket, he roughly push his hand in the pocket, a cold metal come in touch with his fingers. He snatched it up what he assumed a cheap fashion handgun but it would still work in a situation like this, Sehun thought. Anything that could attack from far would do.

He pointed at his ex student, his eyes relaxing in relief as he watched Kai wasn’t aware of the gun in his hand even though he was looking straight at him. Well, seems like Sehun wasn’t alone with a messed up mind at the moment. He took the advantage and pressed his thumb. Before he could push, he felt teeth meeting his left hand. A little angry growl came out from his lips, Kai actually focused as he tilted his head and oh god- the bullet past right through his cheek. The sharpness of it made the soft skin of Kai’s cheeks bleed in a straight line.

Kai’s whole body go rigid, he almost died if he hadn’t move his head from the sound of pain he concluded. His eyes bulging out of their socket from fear. His eyes averted to the criminal who now had one sided smile. As if what he did was fun. Kai was unable to do anything because the man infront was crazy, he would shoot as he please so now he had to take extra care with his actions instead of just doing what his body wanted to. Thinking then acting is what he had to do in order to get the man down. And thats what he tried to do atleast.

At the same time, he heard a fish slammed on the poor detective’s mouth that dared to bite Sehun. Sehun was satisfied enough as he heard the sound of light cries of pain as the side of detective’s lips had been cut open a little from the pressure. Sticky hot red blood falling down from his mouth, to his jaw, then to chin, then neck, and finally coloured his beige button up shirt in red spots.

Kai wanted him to stop but he thought one life wouldn’t matter, his first priority was Jiyeon. Straightening a little, bids of cold sweats falling as he asked. “Where is Jiyeon? Where do you kept her all this time? Is she even alive?” Kai asked, his voice taut enough to show his determination of getting the man down even if his life needed to be a payment.

Sehun re-adjust the weight, then took a cautious few steps back, he was already messed up body so he won’t last long if he start a fight. It was best to escape as soon as possible. His mind wasn’t thinking straight, and when this would happen, his experience won’t lead him to any success but self destroy. His heart beat a little faster as he thought how to run, thats the best he could do and think. Just to distract Kai’s attention, he started to talk. In the same time, grabbing the body tightly, to later throw him on Kai so he could have enough time to atleast run away from the parking lot. His car wasn’t needed anyway, this wasn’t even his.

“Jiyeon, that .” He noticed how Kai’s eyebrow knitted together in concentration and at the offensive name he gave his friend. Continuing to provoke, he curled his lips in a innocent smile. “She gotted what she deserve. You don’t have to worry about anything.”

Kai’s eyes shined in unshed tears, the possibility of what this monster could have done with her was hard to accept so he asked, voice wavering as much as he tried to control it but he was damn scared to hear what happened to her.

“Y-you didn’t kill her, did you? Sehun, answer me!”

Hearing the name, Luhan’s ear perked up. He was weak but he lifted his head a little with the strength he had left in his body, to see the man’s face. It was hard to know if it was the Sehun he know because this Sehun look different. Different then the Sehun he know. But again this might be the different Sehun, not his friend. He remembered Sehun had a mole on his left side of his neck and his eyes trailed at the man’s neck. The mole, it was there. It really was. So this was Sehun? No it can’t be. So he asked himself if he should call him out, his nickname that he would use when they were kids. The reaction of the man would tell him who he was. He tried to make himself ready to say the name. The left of strength, his lungs were fighting for breaths but he tried to give it a shot.

Jutting his lower lip out, Sehun shook his head from side to side, once again adjusting the weight on his left arm as it started to hurt now. “I didn’t. She’s not even with me.” He didn’t lie though. She wasn’t with him but Kai took the information to the total different level.

“She what?! You’re lying! Tell me where she is?!” Kai shouted as he felt himself loosing the self control.

Sehun laughed at this. If one see closely, the sound of it was fake and nervous, use to manipulate but Kai was ridden by nervousness himself so it was out of question to know if it was fake or real.

“Hu-Hunnie...” Luhan uttered and waited in anticipation, his eyes half opened, he tried not to blink, in case he doesn’t miss the detail one bit. And he thought its worth it.

Sehun’s eyes doubled its size. His breath turned heavy and tears build up at memory of the name. But it wasn’t the name that triggered the tears, the forgotten memory to be back, it was the comforting yet weak and tired voice that said the name. The same when kids bullied his hyung and he would attend to the wounds. His hyung would call him, with comforting, weak and tired voice Hunnie.

The weight started to get heavier as Sehun dreaded the thought of looking down at the face. The memory slowly coming back of the blurred face. His face contord in pain, his lips trembling because whether he look down or not, he was his hyung.


His past saviour.


He finally looked down, a choked sob slipped from his lips as his tears betrayed him. A broken smile was on the face, like he use to see but it was worse. This seemed like dead as the blood was smudged on his face. And that he himself caused. Goosebumbs of guilt spread in his body.

“R-run... Run... Before he get you...” The detective, or his hyung whispered in soothing voice, Sehun could barely hear it but he catched some words.

Sehun broke down in another sob, as he wanted to shook his head and apologize millions of time but selfishness was what he grow up with and might even die with. And regretfully he did was what was required from him to. Afterall it was his hyung’s order and he can’t seem to go against it, never did before.

Amazed he was by how quickly he throw the body, how quickly he did what was asked from him, on the shocked Kai who just witnessed someone like Sehun cry-- no, not cry but weeped as if he was in great pain and turn around, jogging his way out.

Kai was once again, motionless. He saw Sehun pass the door and he glared. He won’t let him run again that easily. He push the body of the detective to the side, getting up and start following the last of what he saw.

Reaching out, he stop to look where Sehun could’ve run, on the left side, he saw the tall structure of who he believe was Sehun went. He moved his feets and legs faster to reach. Once he get there, elevator and stairs were the only way to go up or the only way out in this case. Elevator would take time so he start climbing up the stairs in a crazy speed, the thought of loosing balance and fall down was nowhere close to his rushed mind.

His legs starting to hurt and his breath heavier yet he didn’t stop until he reached on the stairs end and it was his luck he saw Sehun’s tall body, standing at the end of stairs, as if calming himself as a phone was in his large palms, dialing some numbers as Kai thought.

The energy all coming back as he thought Sehun was so close to be catched. He sneakingly walk towards him and in the way, took his gun out. He stopped a few steps away and pointed at Sehun’s left leg to stop him from running. And then pressed the trigger.

It flow and from the look of him Sehun heard that because Sehun was fast enough to atleast move a side. Bullet passing by his knee, scratching the fabric and his skin. The blood in no second start falling.

Kai looked at Sehun and his eyes were directed on Kai.

“Don’t move, or i’ll shoot!” Kai ordered.

Sehun smiled arrogantly, hiding the pain so well. “Then shoot me. I guess you won’t because i’m the only one who can tell you where Jiyeon is.” with that said Sehun start walking backwards.

Kai narrowed his eyes at the behaviour of what he called stupidity.

“I said don’t ing move!” Kai yelled but once again was ignored by Sehun.

Kai then pressed the trigger but this time Sehun was sure it would happen so he moved aside and and took a rock from the ground, throwing it Kai’s direction and run away once again.

Kai groaned and followed him. He widened his eyes as he saw the crowded area. How could he find him now. He start looking around as he walked deeper inside.





Sehun sighed in relief as he hide himself in the alley which kai passed by. He hate crowed and blending with it was annoying but for escape he had to.

Fishing his phone out, he dialed Minseok’s number and waited for him to answer.

“Come and get me. Fast.” then he hang up and made his way out the alley.





Minseok was driving the car with poker face. His grip tight around the wheel. The friendly aura surrounding him usually was nowhere in sight, leaving a cold distant man for Sehun to face.

Sehun was in the back seat, tending to his injury. The cold and silence filled the car. The tension rising with each passing second. Sehun was sure Minseok was going to scold him for what happened. But Sehun have something much more important he wanted to tell him, his friends. Its just he needs to clear his mind first.

Sehun sighed as he patted the injury. He had cleaned and bandaged it. Slowly he layed his head back and gulped. He felt pressured. So many things needed to be done and if dealing with Jiyeon was hard, Luhan was worse to deal with. His friend, or more like a brother was a detective of his case. It was not a surprise if Luhan didn’t recognize him.

In the accident three years ago, his face was ruined so Kyungsoo did what best he could do to give his features their old shape. With few photos yet Sehun’s face was turned out a little different. The innocence of his childlike face was gone, the cute with a little fat become sharp, the porcelain skin was damaged badly and Sehun wasn’t the one to use beauty products to bring back what he lost. The cute face turned into rough and dark aura surrounded him. Well this face suit him with his work. Sehun would say. He even admitted he become y now. That was meant to be a joke but everyone know it was anything but that.

“Didn’t i told you to rest.” Distant voice of Minseok spoke in the utter silence. Minseok glared at the man from rearview.

Sehun sighed. With little to no effort, he lifted his face up and down. His heart beat would suddenly speed up in panic, anxious and pain as he think of Luhan then the next second he would feel bad but then he would completely forget his Hyung and when a moment or two passed his heart would once again speed up in panic, anxious and pain. This didn’t left unnoticed by Minseok. Sehun had a high self control on his nearly every move that it was obvious something was up and it wasn’t his usually dramatic problems with Jiyeon. It was beyond that. So Minseok tried to calm himself. Sehun wasn’t the one to show vulnerable side of his.

“Then why did you go behind that detective? You forget that you almost killed yourself last two times when you went to the so called missions of yours? Was the shot on your shoulder not enough for you to stop?! I thought you were smarter then this, Oh Sehun! Now once again you got yourself injured! What is wrong with you?! Is this,” Minseok paused as he breathed in and out. When he find himself calmer, he continued. “Is this because of Jiyeon? Because she left you? The day she walked out of your house you start acting as if your life has ended. You start drugging, you fail your mission, you got yourself hurt by the hand of a rookie, you even fighted in the club with your own member infront of everyone! Sehun, these things are getting out of control! Get a hold on yourself before you ruin everything you created in your life time. Do you think she worth all the trouble you’re going through for her? Does she even know? Wakeup, she’s not into you, she’s too innocent to love someone like yo--”

“Stop! Stop the car right here!” Sehun’s voice boomed as he breathed heavily. Eyes bulging in bad temper. No, he can’t hear that. Nobody is allowed to degrade him, only he can say what he deserve and what he not. Minseok won’t tell him if Jiyeon is innocent for him or not. Because if he want Jiyeon, he get Jiyeon.

Minseok parked the car in the side in silence, only now understanding Sehun had enough for today.

Immediately Sehun opened the car door to leave but Minseok uttered softly. "Where are you going? You’re injured and exhausted, rest for your own sake,”

Rolling his eyes to hide the sadness, Sehun bitterly said. “I want to be alone! Leave me be! When i’m ready, i’ll come back.” Because even if no one has rights to tell him what to do, he know Minseok was right. Jiyeon was too innocent for his tainted self. He rejected her because he know she deserve better. How much better? She ended up dating another criminal, a less mentally crazy then him. Myungsoo don’t deserve her too so why he could date her so openly and he can’t. Thats because he actually care for her, he push her away from himself because he would keep hurting her if she’s his.

His feet meets the dust on the ground and he walked further in that way where no end seem to come in way. He didn’t give Minseok a chance to say anything more. He said enough.

Minseok sighed as he throw his head on the wheel. He should have stopped but he didn’t and now he hurt the boy. Great. Sehun was already tired and he, as a great friend added a pressure on his shoulder.


Sehun after few minutes of walking, sat on the dusty ground. His lips betrayed him as they trembled a little. He hated himself. He start hating his life. Why everything has to happen at the same time in his petty little life. First he made Jiyeon in trouble, then he beat his hyung almost to death and when he wanted to talk about it to Minseok, the man start talking about his pathetic behaviours and the love he don’t deserve that he already was aware of. In the end just because his friend couldn’t shut up his mouth, hurt him and make him mad with mere words.

Soft cold air brushing his skin, wrapping his body around it in comfort. The dark sky above him made him feel relax. He could smell cars engines and dust flowing, mixing with the perfect air.

He stopped thinking about life as his eyes admired the beauty of desert infront. It was all dust on the ground and in the air, hardly could call as beauty, Sehun saw the otherwise. And the the best thing for him, it was cold. Really dust wasn’t something to admire with love but Sehun was just like this. He find the beauty and accepted things a normal perfectly sane human won’t.

Time passed by and half hour turned to hour. The only thing he did in that time was lay down, arms behind his head used as pillow and a cigarette pinned between his pink lips. Polluting his insides as well as the air surrounded him.

Sehun’s ear heard the careful steps, thumping on the ground as if the earth will torn apart. He know it was Minseok.

“I’m sorry if i hurt you. I didn’t mean it. I, I just wanted the best for you.” Minseok sincerely apologized. He truelly wanted the best for him.

Sehun heard him loud and clear, yet kept quiet. He was mad at Minseok for stating the obvious, sprinkling salt over a fresh wound.

Minseok slump down beside him as he too darted his eyes on the beautiful dark sky filled with stars and a half moon.

“Don’t give me that silent treatment, Sehun. I’m not leaving unless i drag you with me.”

Only the air danced among the two of them as the elder waited for a response. Sehun, the younger man didn’t give him the satisfaction of being easy as he kept quiet, staring at the sky with empty eyes. Emotionless face hide the pain of the indirected rejection deep in heart.


Few moments passed in utter silence. Sehun exhaled heavily, his chest raised and fall down in silent pain. He sat up and crush the cigarette on the ground. He stared at the space, thinking of what should he say.

“Never mention that to me again, understood?” He demanded in a lifeless tone. Too tired to give a sense of authority to his deep voice. The point was his message and Minseok was smart enough to know it was a first and last warning. The topic of she can’t love him back.

Minseok sat up, shaking his head in disapproval yet for the sake of their friendship he hummed. “As you wish. I’m out of this.”

And this time Sehun finally lifted the corner of his lips in a slight delight and gratefulness smile.

“Thanks man.” Sehun murmured in husky voice.



Next day Sehun dared to go in the club again. Only for Jiyeon. To keep his words that he’ll watch over her and watch over her he did. The thing he noticed though was she looked so distanced, too lost in her thoughts. What was bothering her? Was it because of last day? Because he beat her b-boyfriend? Or there was something else? Whatever, he could ask her in her break.

For some reason timed passed so fast and before he could decide to go to Jiyeon, she was coming to his way herself. Willingly. Nervously.

Sehun observed her body language and she seemed to be scared. Of what? Did last day thing scared her off too? He thought she already see the worst of him though.

Jiyeon stopped infront of him. Sehun observed her pale sick face. Her hair straight running down her curvy back fitted by skin tight clothes. Her long pale legs still so flawless making him go insane. Wait- when did she grow this mature- this y? Last time she was a brat whining for better treatment. Whatever it was, Sehun was lest wordless.

"Sehun,” She called cautiously. "I need to talk with you privately.”

Slowly and coldly Sehun nodded. A dirty glare he gave her, for being with Myungsoo. Seems like she doesn’t care for she walked away, swaying that sinful hips sideways. Her super tight skirt sure showed her body in the right ways. He snapped his head sideways, shaking off the dirty thoughts off.

In the dark, dull corner Jiyeon stopped and turned to Sehun. This was it. Jiyeon thought. The end to all this drama. She’s going to be honest. That she can’t be his friend, she loves him. It would be better if they stay away from each other.

"Sehun,” She called his name bitterly. Looking inside his intense gaze, she felt love but this was just her mind. "I... I’m not dating Myungsoo.”

Sehun felt the weight on his shoulder lift up but it didn’t take long before him thinking why would she need to lie to him.

"I love you and you don’t love me. Myungsoo said he’ll help me by pretending dating that atleast it could help you realize your feelings but i guess...” Gulping the thick lump, her voice start trembling and lower little by little as she continued. "Y-you can’t... Love me... My point is i can’t be your friend... Its hurts...” Sniffing lightly she looked down. "Lets just not be... I can’t talk with you without falling in love more and more so... Lets end this here... I can’t take it.” chuckling bitterly she wiped the few tear drops and give a tight smile to the emotionless man. Getting nothing in response she awkwardly waved her hands for the last time and passed by him.

Sehun kept standing, feeling destroyed. What just happened? Did he lost her in the blink of an eye? Did she finally snap out of her illusions? Feeling lost and empty he walked to have a fresh air because all of a sudden he felt suffocated in this closed, noisy, flashy hall.


Luhan slowly slowly opened his heavy sore eyes. His eyes were sensitive from the bright light but his hands were too weak for him to lift them up.

Few minutes later he recognized the place. He was in hospital. The light blue walls and deafening silence told him so.

"You’re awake.” He saw the tall tan young man walked closer to his bed. Kai.

"I know its not the right time to talk with you but this is important.” Kai didn’t look even a little concerned about his ill state. It was nothing new to Luhan. People never care his well being.

"Do you know why did Oh Sehun attacked you? Did you personally meet him before? Whats the relation between you two?”

Luhan’s blood boiled. Ah so now he was eagerly asking. This humiliated him nonstop and suddenly he was interested in Sehun. It was all the more hilarious because he was so not going to tell him about Sehun. He wasn’t stupid. After this long and tortuous years he met the younger, he won’t let him go easily.

"I don’t no anything about him. I was getting to my car but that guy came to me and i don’t remember anything that happened after that.” Luhan quietly answered.

Sighing in frustration Kai stormed out and slammed the door behind him. Luhan felt pity for him but protecting Sehun was his life mission now. He didn’t remember anything other then being beaten to almost death by the younger, everything was blurry. Unfortunately he also forgot how Sehun reacted after Luhan called him Hunnie. But he was sure whatever way Sehun did react, it was satisfying to him because Sehun remembered him.

What could have happened to him that he forgot about Luhan? And... He looked so different from before. Can anyone change like this in few years?

There was a knock on the door, taking him to reality. The door opened quietly and came in Suho. That nice man. He brought food and fruits.

Luhan smiled gratefully at the elder man.

"How are you doing?” Suho asked gently while opening the container of different mouth watering dishes. Luhan couldn’t help but to act a little savage as he saw the food. How long has it been he’s not eating properly? Bread and milk at morning, chocolates and chips at lunch and ramyeon at dinner.

"I’m fine.” he answered shortly, eyes still eagerly staring at the food. Once Suho finished he start digging like a barbaric. He know he looked disgusting and he should act more polite but it was out of question when he was mentally and physically exhausted.

Chuckling at the messy eater Suho finally smiled. It was a sight to behold. Someone so composed, so gentle so silent could eat like animal amused Suho.


"Luhan... Do you Know the guy who attacked you is Sehun?” Suho carefully asked.

Luhan rolled his eyes mentally. Nodding his head he blankly stared into nothing.

"We are so close. Soon he’s going to get catched. Do you know he’s been spotted in this club for quiet a number of time.”

At this Luhan turned to look at the man with shock. What?

"Its true. He goes there almost everyday and talk with this girl whom seemed to be his girlfriend, she’s a worker in their.”

Luhan kept quiet. But inside he was panicking. How did this happen? They can’t catch Sehun. He won’t allow it. And why nobody told him this important information? Wasn’t he was the one incharge of it? Was someone aware of his plan? If so why didn’t expose him yet? Definitely someone know his plan... Just like those files he hide and Suho find it. Could it be Suho behind everything? Whoever that was, his position was far more higher then Luhan. Damn! He need to think fast and be cautious of his surroundings. Saving Sehun wasn’t a secret anymore.








Um its been a year i didn’t update this story... Time passed really fast these years. I’m deeply sorry for such a super ultimate late update... I wonder if there ar still people reading this story... The half plot is already done in this chapter. If you didn’t understand about some character’s personality then ask me except Mr Oh and Suho Hihi. Anyway hope you’re not so mad at me *nervously looking around to leave* bye bye!

Thank you sooooo much for your kind comments, i so much appreciate them ^^

Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and voting :)