be careful.

Be careful (of who you mess with)

“Luhan?” Luho called the boy with disbelieve.

Luhan was quietly standing back with his head down feeling self-conscious. Kai, Chanyeol and Jiyeon had stepped away leaving Sehun to support Luhan in this. Luhan was slowly breaking down, his figure shivering under Luho’s gaze.

“Yes, he’s Luhan.” Sehun confirmed when he found out Luhan wasn’t going to reply.

Lu Chang felt the tension with her husband so shocked to move she decided to let them come in.

“Kids, why don’t you all come inside and talk over a cup of tea?” She suggested with her airy voice.

Sehun was the only one with the rational mind at that moment as beside their intentions were here to talk so getting invited without breaking in was the most satisfying suggestion.

“Yes, please. That would be lovely. We’ve a lot to talk about.” Sehun smiled evilly at Luho then at his wife bowing his head.

Sehun let the other three to enter first before pulled Luhan closer to himself to grab his shoulder and whispered. “It’s going to be okay, trust me Luhan. He’s not going to hurt you; I’m here for you so say to him whatever you want. Don’t hold yourself back. You need answers and only he can give you. I got your back.”

Luhan gave a weak smile to Sehun. “Sehun… what if he… what if he hurt you too?”

Sehun smirked as he patted Luhan’s back. “Don’t worry about me. I’ve escaped from the country that wanted me dead; this won’t be much to worry about.”

Then he pushed Luhan inside, Luho was standing at the door probably waiting for them to enter so he could close the door.

Inside they were led to the living room. The house decoration and furniture was ordinary, didn’t quiet suit with someone who loved money. It was simple and casual.

Once settled down Luho came to sit while his wife in the kitchen. There were no maids too.

“Luhan… ” Luho called but Sehun was there to show the man his place.

“Excuse me; we don’t have time so let’s get to the point. You must know why we are here?” Luho shook his head. Sehun scoffed. “Fine Luhan wanted some answers and maybe his rights too but that’s for later. First I’m curious about your wife. She seemed so happy to see Luhan. Perhaps does she know what you did with Luhan back then?”

Luho tensed. “She doesn’t know.”

Sehun nodded as he crossed his legs leaning his back on the backseat. Luho seemed to be cooperating so well. It almost felt like… no he wasn’t regret. He can’t be. Sehun refused to believe that.

“Why did you do that to your own family?” Sehun started knowing how Luhan wouldn’t be able to start.

Luho sighed deeply. He stared from Sehun to Luhan, eyes lightening from emotion.

“You know… I’ve a feeling you know everything. You just wanted to hear from me. Correct me if I’m wrong.” Luho said.

Sehun blankly stared at the man. He confirmed Luho was smart, and yet he wasn’t going to defend himself. He was giving himself away.

“Why did you do that to my parents?” Luhan quietly asked. His first words with Luho from the time they arrived here.

Luho smiled bitterly at the man, already knowing how broken the boy must be. Yet he wasn’t going to lie. He decided years ago he wasn’t going to lie.

“Greed. You must have heard this word. You must have been taught how bad it is, how it ruin a person. Yet people willingly let it control them knowing how bad it is and what it would lead them to. I was a greedy man. I always wanted what my brother had, money, fame, talent and loved by many. Yet I never voiced out because I know I was wrong for having such a feeling towards my own brother. At the end when I got the chance to betray my brother I took it without hesitation. I ruined him and then I ruined his son, you Luhan. That didn’t matter until years later I saw what I did but it was too late. So Luhan… yes I killed my brother and his wife and then I send you far away to take the money. Yes I did all that.”

The room was quiet.

Luhan had hoped it won’t sound this bad but it did. That man was his parent’s killer no matter what.

Sehun face was creepy. He was angry at the man’s confession. It seems like he was waiting to get punch. Why would he admit it so easily like this?

“Why?” Luhan’s voice cracked in that one word.

Luho stared inside the boy’s eyes with a longing. “I told you it was greed and jealous.”

“This isn’t enough to kill your brother!” Luhan stood up and yelled at the man now his tears freely rolling down. He couldn’t contain his feeling anymore. He was hurting so badly, the ache was becoming stronger, he was feeling suffocated in that room, in this house and in this country. Luhan fall on his knees sobbing shaking his head but no- it won’t change the reality. Maybe he should’ve died. He was always unfortunate. Can anyone be this… unlucky? He doubted and that doubt was driving him crazy.

While Luhan was sobbing hard Chanyeol, Kai and Jiyeon looked at Sehun. For him to calm the boy because it wasn’t normal yet Sehun blankly stared in front of him. Avoiding looking at the breaking sight.

“Sehun, what the hell are you doing?” Jiyeon asked Sehun when she had enough. How could he ignore the person he treasures so much in heart like this?

Sehun didn’t stare at her but he answered her. “Let him face his problem. Let him deal with it. If he didn’t let it out then he’s going to hold this inside him until it would slowly kill him. He has problem expressing his feelings so right now… he’s able to do it because heat of the moment. Let him be until he calm down himself, until he feels like he let it all out.”

Jiyeon quieted down. Maybe Sehun was right. Luhan was the kind of person who would hide his pain behind smiles never talking about it. Even when they were coming here he was quiet. He didn’t express how uncomfortable he was meeting the person who did this to his parents.

Sehun was having a hard time to stay still. He wanted to comfort the boy, but it was better this way. His knuckles were turning white from the strength he was curling them.

Lu Chang was speechless as she was stopped by her husband to leave him. It was what Sehun wanted and Sehun understand Luhan better than anyone ever had.

Luhan was clutching his head, face all red and swollen with tears. He was hiccupping badly with severe headache. It took half hour for him to stop his rant and just sit down, tears rolling down as he hugged himself knees pulled closer to his chest.

It was then Sehun finally stood up and helped him up; he had in mind to take the boy to his car but stopped when Luho talked.

“There’s a guest room upstairs. You should let him rest.”

Sehun scoffed at the man. “You think I would let him stay here? You must be crazy for thinking like that.”

Luho stayed his ground. “Listen… I can feel you’re someone Luhan trust so I wanted to talk with you. While he rest please let’s talk. You won’t believe me if I say I’m desperate to talk to Luhan but I can see he’s not in a good state so I want to talk to you instead. I swear I’ve no bad intentions towards any of you. Please… I beg you to listen to me.” He pleaded desperately.

Sehun agreed. He knows Luho had more to talk when he ended his talk earlier. He led Luhan upstairs following Lu Chang who quietly opened them a first door and enter inside first to pat the fluffy bed sheet.

Luhan climbed the bed and tiredly closed his eyes. He was too tired to bother where he was. Lu Chang left first. Sehun leaned and kissed Luhan’s head gently like a mother would do. Then he patted his head. “Luhan, everything’s going to be okay, don’t worry for now.”

Luhan had already closed his eyes. So Sehun sighed heavily, running his palm over his face as he quietly walked out from the room, left it half open.

“So what do you want to talk about?” Sehun asked coldly.

Luho waited for a few seconds to start. “You see… yes I killed my brother, I’m monster for leaving a five year old kid alone in the foreign country. I deserve jail and you know what… I’m ready. I’m ready for my punishment. I’ve waited for this day for so long for Luhan to come and avenge for his parents.”

“But he’s not here to avenge his parents. He’s here to see the one who destroyed his life.” Sehun mocked the man.

Luho nodded. He was so calm for a person who was being constantly insulted. “I know that. He’s broken. I regretted for what I did. Luhan is the heir… all I wanted to say is… I’m giving Luhan what he deserves. I never used the money I got from his parents. The amount I used I gave it back so… The money and the will still belong to Luhan… I wanted to give him what originally belong to him. I want to pay for what I did legally.”

Now Sehun was lost. This person was either crazy… or some extremely directed towards justice either way it was a thing he never saw someone did before so he could only nod in acknowledgement.

“Do you know what information Lu fan had of Korean government?” Sehun asked after a while.

Luho nodded. “I don’t remember much but it was something about prime minister evil act evidence. They wanted to present it at the court to arrest him.”

Sehun shook his head in disappointment. Everyone who had power did this so it doesn’t sound so weird. He was sure there were more than hundreds of people killed, bribed and that was life. He himself threatened Mr. Park who ended up wanting him dead. This was life and normally Sehun never wanted to participate in politics stuff but those bastards messed with the wrong person. Sehun was going to bring them down for it, justice didn’t matter to him. It was Luhan he was going to do it for and no one else. All those involved will pay; Sehun will make sure of it. One thing he decided to ignore was he was going to get catch too. He was a murderer going against higher figures of his country. No matter the end was it won’t be any good for him with the crimes he committed. His fate was marked if he decided to go out. But he was going to do this, for Luhan. That’s the least he could do for the elder.

“They wanted to catch Luhan. They found out he’s alive so they wanted to kill Luhan. Where did they hide the evidence?”

Luho was shocked as he coughed at the sudden information. “They wanted to kill Luhan?! Yes the evidence is hidden and it’s written in their will. Luhan should go to Korea with this and showed it in court. When the prime minister would be arrested they will have no reason to kill Luhan then.” Luho explained hurriedly. He was worried now.

Sehun nodded. “Once Luhan will wake up he should take what’s his and then we’ll leave to Korea.”

Luho nodded seriously. Sehun sighed. “You know I truly despise you for what you did. You ruined his life. If you help him now from this danger; I could let you live.”

Luho looked in guilt. He truly regretted for what he did. Killing was bad, but killing your own blood brother was worse. He knows he sinned; he lived his life questioning his life decisions. Even though he was wrong; he waited for Luhan years and years of hoping he would come. Luhan was a smart boy, he would’ve finds his way just like his parents but yet it was no less than a miracle when Luhan came to him today. Luho was thankful to Oh Sehun for bringing the boy to him.

 

Luhan woke up hours, later calm and collected voice hoarse from the heart shattering cries. Luho was nice to him, but the guilt was always there when he looked at Luhan. It was his fault Luhan had to go through hell.

Lu Chang was acting like a mother towards Luhan and at that moment Sehun missed his foster mother. Now Luhan had a family. Someone who would care for him and support him in his life decision. It was beautiful but Sehun couldn’t help feeling bitter about it. What about him then? Was he destined to not be loved like Luhan? To have someone waiting for him at home? He should start his own family and suddenly yes suddenly Sehun questioned his own life’s decision. What if he didn’t steal that day? What if he didn’t kill someone? Would he be working his in part time job while studying in university to be someone? Have normal friends? He smiled bitterly shaking the thoughts. It was too late to go back. He never once regretted for being what he was and then these thoughts now? He promised himself that he would die rather than question his own self. He at least lived fully. Regret though would only make him feel bad; it won’t change nor bring back what he lost.

“I’ve called the lawyer for Luhan. He’s on his way.” Luho informed Sehun who nodded quietly.

Jiyeon have come sit beside him feeling he was sour about something but she didn’t question. Sehun didn’t seem in the mood to answer. He just needed someone so Jiyeon lend him her shoulder but instead of accepting what was given, Sehun pulled her body towards and cuddled her on the sofa. Didn’t care the weird look Kai gave him. He only needed someone and the love of his life was here.

She was home. She was his family. They’ll build their own family, Sehun’s family together. Just because his real parents left him behind and foster parent could careless doesn’t mean he was alone. This annoying women was more than enough.

“Sehun! How many times I told you to not hug me tight?” Jiyeon complained and Sehun couldn’t help but smile in bliss. She was his home. Bold, annoying, obnoxious and so unlady like but that’s the kind of home he could’ve only dreamed to have. She brightened his dark life with her carefree personality. That was a true treasure of Oh Sehun’s life.

That night they left China safely to Korea with yet again different identities. It was a first peaceful ride in a long while where there’s no need to worry. That was until they land in Korea.

They blended with people and first they ate some food after that they make their way to the news station. Sehun said it was impossible to go to court without getting killed. The soldiers were ordered to kill them. So they might not even get a chance to say a word before getting a bullet making its way through their heads. In the news station Minseok was already there waiting for them to come. He had already deal with the stuff and gave quiet a huge sums of money. They were going to get fired or even jailed for doing this so they ask the money to last a life time. Minseok listened because he knows how important it was for Sehun. Money could come and go but Sehun’s needs were his first priority, always. And because Luhan was the person who took care of Sehun he respected him too.

“Where’s the USB?” Minseok went straight to the point.

Sehun gave it to him. All were staring waiting for what going to happen next.

“We’re going to wait more three hours. At seven o clock we’re going to put it inside and then let the world see what that did. That way they would stop chasing you. Then Luhan will speak the truth about everything. Are we clear here?”

They nodded. “But Luhan, Sehun isn’t going to stand with you in this.” Minseok carefully said.

Luhan nodded. “I know he can’t. It would be dangerous for him to come like this.”

Minseok gave a sharp nod at that. Then he looked at Jiyeon. “You’ll speak after Luhan about how soldiers chased you, add a bit of lies but make sure you don’t mention Sehun in that. Never.” She nodded too.

“Okay now let’s go inside.” Minseok opened the gate with the key he was given by the stuff then locked it securely once they were all inside. He led them to the studio. There they sat and waited for the time. This was it. The final ending to all this chasing.

Honestly speaking Sehun and Jiyeon were feeling sad. Maybe it’s because they love the thrill of chase, love the moment their lives are threatened as they came out of it alive then talk about these stories that are worth mentioning. The adventures are all so great. But it was going to end once they expose the truth because Jiyeon was sure her father would never let her be with Sehun. She still doesn’t believe they survived all along. They have come this far and after this they could actually be carefree. Oh god, she has waited for this.

It was seven a.m. already. Three stuff members come inside and start preparing the broadcast. They didn’t wasted much time as they start working.

In no time Luhan was in front of the microphone sweating what he was going to do.

One of the stuff member started taking all peoples attention about how important that news is and everyone should listen. The voice and words used were effected enough it took folks attention on the large TVs used daily for adversities.

The video started with prime minister in the VIP room of some night club. The voice wasn’t clear, only few words could be heard but you see, actions speak louder than words.

When the average size man tried to harass the waitress, how she refused and threatened to sue him for this and he shoots her head in the next second. Saying how he had to kill people whenever they threatened him and how he could use his power anywhere and anytime. It was all there and really it was in no time all around Korea. What actually showed the true and strong undefeatable prove came in the end. It was a video of two men in the office talking in whispering.

“I talk with his brother. He agreed to persuade him to go inside that plane. Everything is going smoothly. The bomb is inside the plane. Now all we’ve to do is wait and see that bomb to explode then boom! They would die. They thought they could actually get me arrested. Rascals.”

“Yes, you did it right. Now we are safe again.”

“Let’s stop talking about this. I’ve a feeling someone is watching us.”

And it ended with the shuffling voice. Once the video ended they played it again but quieted down the voice for Luhan to talk.

“I’m a detective Luhan. There was this case where I was told to catch the criminal alongside soldiers when it clearly wasn’t my job. But I’ve complied with the wish but once I reached there, my own man pushed me away and then accused me for helping a criminal. They said they are going to kill me for it without hearing me out. All this time I’ve been running away from the soldiers. They wanted to kill me with false accusation. I couldn’t reason out anywhere, I had no choice when I was told it the government behind me. This is the kind of dirty job they do so please… I’m innocent. There’s this girl who was with me. She was the witness but they accused her for helping the criminal out when she was actually kidnapped and forced to work where this happened.”

Jiyeon took the microphone and cleared . No mention of Sehun. She reminded herself.

“I was accused that I was helping a criminal when I was the victim. I had actually seen them suddenly push the detective but when they realized I was there they said they had to get rid of me for I might complain what I saw. Then we managed to escape, Luhan and I and just like he said we were ordered to be killed. My father Mr. Park Tae ho is a business man. He had told them that I was innocent but they lied to him they’ll bring me to him but instead they wanted to kill me. I was dragged into this mess by government too. I believe our country isn’t shallow enough to let a criminal like prime minister to continue his evil deeds. He deserved execution by all means for his crimes. We need justice.”

Okay she know she sounded overly dramatic and hypocrite for she was dating a criminal too. But it was for the sake of their lives and beside what she said was truth. She was witness but she never helped Sehun in his crimes. Only when the government wanted to kill her that she decided to help him because then everyone was against her except for the person the society called criminal.

There was already a sea of people outside the building with cameras reporting for whatever was going on. Two cars of soldiers came and pushed people away from the building because it wasn’t everyday thing. They were ordered to protect the two by the president and clean the area from people at least fifteen meters.

Minseok has come out of the building first alongside Luhan and Jiyeon.

The soldiers took their place beside them. It was creepy how few days ago they were trying to kill them and now protecting them as if they were born to do it but again no one can blame the soldiers. They do what they are ordered without questioning because it was there job.

Then another jeep came with soldiers but this one had their most feared enemy. Yunho.

That bastard has amused smirk on his face.

He walked towards them with the same creepy aura Jiyeon met the man first time as he stood in front of them. He leaned closer to the two with a dark smile. “God, you really survived. I’m impressed you know. You guys succeeded in failing me my mission but no hard feelings. I’m quiet delighted. Don’t worry I’m not here to kill you guys anymore; I’m here to protect you guys. I was wondering though, where’s this master mind? He’s smart enough to not show up huh? Well you might be safe from now on but he still has a lot to pay.” He whispered wickedly then leaned away talking with soldier about the positions they are going to take.

Wow. Jiyeon was stunned. Speechless.

So this is how society works huh? It doesn’t take much to turn their back to the person they were ready to die for. Just wow.

But of course, there was a reason they were surrounded by soldiers. Just when few of the soldiers move away from their position there was a sniper on the top of the far building hidden by people. So when the red laser stopped on Jiyeon they were all oblivious. All except one. When the sniper shoots, Yunho and other soldiers focused only then and they were ready to place their bodies in front of the victim but Sehun had beaten them to it. Pushing her away with him. It started chaos but Yunho had more important things to deal with.

Sehun has just done something terrible.

Minseok was frustrated to the point of killing someone.

While peoples were busy screaming Sehun without a second to adjust what he did was hold down with weapons pointed at his head. Jiyeon looked for her man, she wanted to save him but Sehun quietly gave up the fight. He was shocked himself at what he did as he lay motionless. He just wanted to protect Jiyeon.

Kai and Chanyeol came out of the building too but weren’t able to move. Peoples screaming, soldiers’ running here and there… it was all messed up. Nothing makes sense anymore.

When the jeep was in front of Sehun, soldiers dragging him there, it was a sight Minseok couldn’t take. He just couldn’t. He was reminded who was the reason he was being dragged inside that jeep bound and helpless. Depressed.

Jiyeon.

He yelled at Jiyeon. “Look what happened because of you!”

Jiyeon and all the other looked at him and when he took the gun out of his pants’ it was no surprise he was going to shoot her and when he pointed at Jiyeon, Sehun has yelled for him to stop. It was a roar of betrayal but Minseok was done listening to Sehun. Sehun always know how to talk when it comes to Jiyeon so he was done hearing useless things.

He pressed the trigger and at that moment Kai did what he thought was right.

He snatched the gun from the soldier and shoot Minseok on his neck instead. The blood raining out as he was dead on spot.

Yet again Sehun let out another roar of pain. He tried to free himself, he really tried but he was weak with what he just witnessed. No it wasn’t reality. It was a nightmare.

The Oh Sehun cried in the face of the world for the first time in his entire existence. He cried bloody tears, cried like a wounded animal yet his pain was mixed with chaos. He was lost as he was dragged in the jeep like a corpse.

Jiyeon was dragged alongside Luhan in another car.

Minseok was taken by ambulance.

Kai and Chanyeol dragged their feet to somewhere, somewhere where they can process what just happened.

Why happened.

It all happened too sudden and nothing was making sense.

Few hours ago they were encouraging each other that everything was going to be fine. They believed it was going fine.

So how this bloodshed happened?

Just… how?

 

 

 

AUTHOR NOTE

Umm… this isn’t the ending because there’s still one last chapter left.

How much do guys hate Minseok? I know it’s a lot but just say… he cared for Sehun way too much… it could be obsession but yeah… I’m not defending Minseok but I can’t also say wait… I don’t know what I’m saying… so uh… bye?

Btw thank you guys so much for reading, commenting and subscribing! I love you… but I’m not sure if you guys love me anymore… or do you even love me *raise eyebrow* I’m going crazy…

Anyway take care ^^