Chapter 39

Drunk In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 39

8.3o A.M. stated on the clock tower.

Taeyeon sighed, as she stared at the restaurant door.

In the morning, Taeyeon alongside with Yoona, decided to meet the Krystal and Hyoyeon, as planned. 

The day before, due to crisis at home, Krystal suggested that they should meet the day after. Taeyeon however, understood as they found themselves spending time with the Ok family for too long and it was too late to meet up with. Therefore, they postponed the gathering. Since, Taeyeon wanted her friend, Taecyeon to be in alert for any of her calls or text messages, he obliged.

"Why do you think-" Yoona was about to say something when someone greeted them with a loud voice.

Taeyeon waved at the arriving figure, "Hyo!" 

"I am sorry, there was a bit of um, traffic." Hyoyeon said while adjusting her position. Keeping her things away, she finally stared at the two women in front of them. She recognized the new face on the spot. 

Taeyeon introduced, "Hyo, meet Im Yoona. Yoong, Hyoyeon." 

The two girls shook hands and nodded their heads to symbolise the pleasure of meeting anew. "It's really nice to meet you." Hyoyeon said, who was stood to shake hands off and took her spot, sitting down.

Yoona too nodded in return. "Same here. It is pleasure to meet you. You must be Jessica's friend at her work place." 

"Yes, yes I am. And, Jessica has told me about you." Hyoyeon's next words made the other two their heads turn. 

Taeyeon was shocked. "How was that?" she asked.

"Well, I do not know if this is, my-my position to reveal but since everything is going great, I will just say it." Hyoyeon sighed and put a strand of hair behind her left ear. She had the two best friend's attention.

"So, earlier when Taeng and Sica got together, she once told me about you," Hyoyeon gazed at Yoona and spoke further. "That you, faltered during-"

"Yes, I did. Because of Tiffany." Yoona nodded in apprehension. 

"Yes, so, Sica said, that and that is how I had heard about you. Well, Sica was told by Taeng here, about you." Hyoyeon looked at Taeyeon who was surprised as she was listening. 

"Yes, I told Sooyeon about the reason that why my best friend fell sick and probably, she must have had-"

"Well, no Taeng it was," Hyoyeon did not know if she should say the next words. But still she chose not to. The fact, once Jessica doubted Taeyeon's love and affection for here because of the relationship they had. "It was actually, Jessica was spacing out while working and-I just was snobby and asked her what happened and she said, she was worried about you. That's it."

Taeyeon patted Hyoyeon's back signailing that she understood her. "Okay, so who wants to hear my story?" Yoona changed the topic suddenly. 

"Well, everyone knows your story Yoong. I do not think you are even comfortable telling it-"

"No, Taeng. I am fine. I told you yesterdat, I am blessed to have you guys. Just because I left home, doesn't mean the world broke down to my shoulders-"

With that being said, Hyoyeon's eyes shot up. She began to say something but, "You-" She noticed Taeyeon's sudden alteration of mood, as she stared at the entrance. She followed her eyes and saw Krystal stepping towards them, somehow, not was in her cheerful mood.

Krystal served them a bitter smile. 

Each pair of eyes, followed her to her seat who sat down and exhaled a long breath. 

Taeyeon was concerned and decided to ask her first, "Are you...okay, Krys?"

Krystal still did not notice Yoona until she held her head high. "Yes, kinda." She noticed a [presence next to her right, and finally acknowledged the taller woman. Taeyeon saw their interaction and introduced Yoona to Krystal. 

"Yoong meet Krystal. Krys, Im Yoona, my best friend that I mentioned." 

"Nice to meet you, Yoona unnie." 

"Same here. You are-"

"I am Jessica's younger sister. Maybe you have heard from Taeyeon unnie."

"Oh yes! On several occassions she mentioned your name."

Hyoyeon then asked her question, she was trying to swallow. "Yoona, you said, you-you left your house?" 

Krsyatal stared at the direction of Yoona, with a soar mood. Yoona saw the horrid expressions and explained, "Well, yeah. I kind of went against my father the other day. I do not know how much you guys know, but I was previosuly engaged to my fiance and my wedding was fixed. I called it off after I met with Tiffany." 

Hyoyeon's and Krystal's gazes softened. 

"My father, however, controlled me since birth and the rest of my family members were his slaves including my sister and my mother. So, after meeting Tiff and found my uality had changed, I confronted my dad about it. He got mad because he is the traditional parent and never understood what could be possible in this, 21st century. So, he fired me out of the house. The good news is, I realized that I was surrounded with so many good people and I am blessed that they are there to help me. In that case, I have no regrets. Because, for the longest time, this freedom was a dream to me and yeah, that is my current state."

"I am really sorry to hear it Yoona but I could see you are happy more than ever, I guess." Hyoyeon uttered with a sorrowful tone. Yoona only served a warm smile.

Krystal also nodded along. 

"So, Taeng how much did you tell them about the situation?" Yoona inquired Taeyeon as they wanted to address the actual discussion.

Taeyeon exclaimed, "They almost know everything. You said the missing portion and now, it is all clear."

"Unnies, we were planned to do something right? And as I told you Taeyeon unnie, Hyo unnie and I came up with a plot."

"Okay, go on!" Taeyeon cheered.

"We thought of taking Jessica unnie to the musical-"

"Oh, so you guys know that?" Yoona interrupted. Everyone nodded as Krystal continued. 

"Since the musical is from a few days, we thought it would be possible, to take her there and let her know that we are there to have some, sister time, maybe. After watching Tiffany performs, we will somehow, ditch Jessica unnie on the backstage and wait for her to have her encounter with Tiffany. And I know, that there will be so many things that they both want to confront about. We believed, seeing Tiffany unnie would trigger Jessica to think about what she could do next."

"Okay, that's interesting. I like it." Taeyeon and Yoona said in unison.

"The thing is, we do not have to do that." Krystal's words were confusing to others. 

"What do you mean? Just now you said,-" Hyoyeon was cut off and Krystal replaced them with a welcoming smile. 

"Guess what, Jessica unnie changed her mind, finally." And she blurted it out. 

Taeyeon's eyes popped with what she heard. "Wait, wh-what?"

"Yes, Taeyeon unnie. Jessica said yesterday that she did not accept how she reacted on Tiffany's situation and that she wanted her back home. I even couldn't believe my ears! She want to salvage their relationship." 

"Oh my god! Finally!" 

Yoona hugged Taeyeon, who were bawling her eyes out. Taeyeon was not sure if she could really convince Jessica about this matter. The last time she tried, she failed when Jessica almost cried her heart out and she did not have the gut to act upon it. 

"Taeyeon unnie! Aww." Krystal's tone softened as she saw how Taeyeon was weeping like a child. 

In between sobs, Taeyeon mutterd. "Thank you Krys. I-I did not know really, how to convince Sooyeon. I am-I am glad she did. I did not want to put salt into her wound by asking it again-" 

Krystal reached Taeyeon and rubbed circles on her back as she eyed her. "Unnie, there is nothing to thank me. And, you know, Jessica unnie is a softie at heart, even though she tried hard not to be one. Even in your case, when she came home confused about her feelings thinking if she loved you or not, she also bawled her eyes out like this and I told her, she made the right decision and look at you two, oh my god, my heart!" Krystal became emotional seeing the baby face of Taeyeon, with all frowns and messed up with tears. 

Hyoyeon also pacified Taeyeon by holding her hand and moved her vision back to Krystal. "But Krys, what was the sudden change of her?" 

Krystal nodded before saying, "Yesterday, cops had come to our house to intorregate about my father. He had been missing for a few days and they had found him and charged with an offence. However, unnie had been given a letter from him which is the change for my sister's thoughts."

"A letter?" Hyoyeon asked squinting her brows. 

Taeyeon was shaken by the sudden word she heard, cops. "K-Krys, is, is she okay? Are you okay?" 

Krystal nodded, "Yes unnie, we both are okay." She continued. "Apparantly, when I read the letter, I cried. I really could not believe if that was my father who wrote it. He had revealed a lot of things including the unjustice happened to Tiffany unnie and he wanted us to do the justice for her. He totally repents." Krystal's voice cracked yet, she held

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter