Chapter 19

Drunk In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chpater 19 

Jessica was spacing out again. For the nth time, Hyoyeon let out a deep breath after seeing her best friend. 

"Sica..." She whispered. 

No answer. 

"Jessica!" She called again. The older girl gasped and averted her eyes to Hyoyeon, who was leaning against the counter with hands on her hips. Hyoyeon frowned. 

"I kept calling you for an hour already." Hyoyeon said when guilty took over Jessica.

"I-I'm sorry Hyo. I..It's just uh..nothing. I'm sorry. I'll clean the glasses. Leave it--" Jessica was about to reach for the glasses but her friend slapped her hand. 

"Almost over. You don't have to." She said watching Jessica with a direct gaze. She knew Jessica was not even paying attention for what she did. 

"Jessica, you know you can talk about anything with me." Hyoyeon's concerned voice could be heard. She knew Jessica had a problem. The way she was acting and behaving was weird. Relating with Jessica for years, it was not hard for her to recognize. 

Hearing Hyoyeon's voice Jessica stopped her work. She was confirmed that her best friend had examine over her for a while. 

"I'm..." 

Jessica continued to talk but she did not know how to start. After her conversation with her girlfriend, Jessica always pondered enough to believe that if she was perfect enough to worth her. Even though, the problem was someone else's Jessica thought it was about them as well. 

Taeyeon meant a lot to her and vice versa. There was no doubt but she did not know if Taeyeon was actually repenting from what she does.

Yoona was Taeyeon's best friend. Jessica was told by Taeyeon. They knew each other from their childhood and most importantly Taeyeon would rather put herself in danger to rescue her best friend or for the better. It was their friendship. But knowing Yoona's inner feelings about a person that she knew for a period of time and confessing that feeling to your best friend, and your best friend was also in the same category, she cannot give a proper advice. Jessica could understand that. But when Taeyeon spat about Yoona's feelings, Jessica doubted if Taeyeon was sure about what she was doing. Well, Jessica trusted Taeyeon as much as she would willingly could sacrifice her love. Because her love was strong enough for Taeyeon. For the better or for the worse, Jessica would do it.

But,

Krystal's words rung through her ears.

 "...If she loves you and if you do, be thorough with it. I will help you unnie. Don't doubt it. We are humans. We have feelings and the world changes. So, don't over think. You are normal like me..."

 

"I'm kinda feeling overfull Hyo. Problems after problems and I can't free myself from anything." Jessica confessed having Hyoyeon's attention. 

"Sica, what is it? Tell me." Hyoyeon asked and Jessica shared a look. 

"You know about Yoona, Taeyeon's friend?" 

Hyoyeon nodded in reply.

"She was not feeling for the past few days." She said. 

"What happened to her?"

"She was starving." 

"What for?" 

Before replying Jessica remembered what Taeyeon said. She had to reveal the whole story. 

"As Taeng said, she was keeping in touch with a certain girl which Tae didn't tell me the name of. She had helped this girl a lot and they had become good friends. Yoona's finance and in-law had discussed about them and Yoona was suspected. They believe that Yoona might have a connection with the girl. You know what I mean? Something...something like Tae and I have. So, these two had had a discussion and ended up whatever the thing they had in between."

"If they have ended up then, why do Yoona starve and fall sick?" 

"Because she couldn't bear the loss. I think Yoona had got into that girl so much that she could not let go of her. Probably because she had feelings for her." 

"Feelings? What? T-Then what about the guy--I mean the fiancé? Is he--" 

"That's the problem here. She admitted Tae that she loves her and not said about him."

"That's...that's clearly very confusing Sica. What so special about that girl?"

"I don't know Hyo. Tae said that Yoona never accepted this engagement but because of her father. So, obviously if she did not love him, it's possible to have feelings for a person you just met other than for a person you reject." 

"They are already engaged?"

"They do." 

"OK, fine. But what is your problem? Why you are being like this if it happened to Yoona?" 

Jessica halted. She knew the question was following her and all thing she could do is for ask help from her best friend.

"I'm afraid." Jessica muttered. 

"Of what?" 

"..."

"Sica tell me."

"I-I was very doubtful when Tae told this to me because Yoona is her friend and she should help her. But when she said this to her best friend who is also dwelling in the same position, it's hard to assume

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter