Chapter 14

Drunk In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14 

Mr. Im put his spectacles down as soon as he heard her daughter's confession. As a father he couldn't bear the way how Nari let her heart out in front of him. Tears were flowing from her cheeks while Mrs. Im was caressing her long tresses gently. 

"I'm sorry dad. I feel very frustrated that I can't do anything for you. To make you two happy. It's my destiny and I don't know if I deserve to be a mothe-" Her mother slapped her cheek while shaking her head. She did not expect to hear such a sulky statement from her own daughter's mouth.

"Stop saying those nonsense! How could you have the guts to spill something like that in front of your own father Nari? Do you think you are an aberrant child? How can you delude your own self when the cause for the result was us? You are a complete perfect child and the only thing that matters here is Woosung. This is not about you. How dare you to think like this?" 

Mrs.Im started to weep. The older man continued to watch the scene without saying a word. But he was pondering.

"Mother, don't be upset. I..I didn't mean anything horrible about you and dad. Please, try to understand me. What I was saying, I can't be sure if I have the potential to become a--" Nari was cut off by her father.

"Did he not talk about this with you in the past?" After a moment, he asked.

Nari looked confused at her father's question. "W-We discussed but every time I mentioned that he...he just moves his attention to something and starts talking random. I tried the most times, yet failed." She looked in disbelief.

"He did never initiate this conversation before? Not even once?" 

"It was me. Every time." 

His gaze directed to the photo frame of Nari's wedding day. She looked absolutely beautiful. Woosung on the other hand looked well-dressed and the smiles on their faces seemed very genuine. Mr. Im knew Nari always dreamt depths about her special day and when the day arrived she lost her control. Even seeing the wrinkles under her eyes, he guessed he made a right choice. Nari never rejected him.

He took a deep breath before continuing. "I'll talk to Woosung." He said.

his daughter's eyes lit up after hearing what she expected. She needed her father's help. She couldn't bring up this topic and argue every time, when she spent her even little time with her husband. She wanted to spend her time more accurately without misunderstandings.

Mrs. Im looked in surprise with her swollen red eyes at the man in front of her. She never thought she could hear a very supportive answer from him unless if he was not a very occupied person who only focusing on his work apart. Because he never was.

"Thanks dad. Thank you so much." Nari thanked her father and he motioned the girl to go to her room. 

When it was only the two elders, Mrs. Im spoke. "I can't believe." She said.

"Believe what?" Asked Mr. Im.

"You agreed." she replied.

He let out a laugh. "Why, you don't believe me?" 

"Did I say I don’t? I just said, that I couldn't realize how an occupied person like you, could think about his own children."

"You smell sarcasm Soyang. Are you trying to make me guilt for not caring about my children?"

"You know for yourself Im. I don't have to say that." 

Mrs. Im's sudden argument held the curiosity inside the older man. He did not know what the woman meant but he wanted to figure out. 

He turned back at her wife and held his eyes. "What is your point Soyang?" 

She mocked him with a laugh. "Did you ever think about Nari ever since she stepped out from this house? Even when she had problems inside her marriage life, did you ever react on them? All you did was just shooting the bullets on to my side. She always ended up being miserable when she face a problem. As a father, you should have think from her side about how she felt. Things would not get worse like this if you ever put an eye on her life as you did to Yoona, Im."

"I hope you are a matured person to comprehend the life situation we are living in Soyang. Running a business and taking care of a child are two things. You don't need to remind me about my responsibilities about them. They are my children and they hold a special place in me. From what you said, you could make my own children hate their father with wrong interpretations. I don't ever want them to have a poor life but a luxurious. I'm working on that. Behalf of that, I always want others to feel how I’m proud of myself and my family. And to earn a respect I always hoped for."

"Do you value a ing pride other than your own blood? Even though, you earn your pride by doing what you want, you never can be a understanding father for your kids. Remember that Im. Your business never gave us happiness but regret."

"Stop accusing me Soyang! You are reaching your limit. Don’t ing teach me about family life. I did everything for this family. Earned money, raised kids, schooled them, fed them, bought stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter