Chapter 25

Drunk In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 25 

For the umpteenth time Taeyeon sighed.

"Sorry Taengoo. I couldn't tell you sooner. Things are tough lately. Will call you soon. Take care."

It was the last text she ever received from Jessica. Even though she replied many times the younger one had not viewed them. Her mind was bothered. She called her but her phone was not in use. She knew things were happening weirdly and she knew Jessica was not in her mood lately. So, she tried not to bother.

Incoming call from Hyoyeon.

"Yes, Taeyeon's here."

"Hi Taeyeon. It's Hyo."

"Yeah."

"I wanted you to know that I'll be taking sometime off from work Taeng. Granny is sick and I must take care of her. Sica might come to work soon."

Taeyeon twiched her brows. "Oh what happened to her? Is she okay? And why might Hyo? Sica didn't tell you anythin? I th-"

"Actually, she is kind of off tune these days. Partly, I'm at fault too so I couldn't contact her. I know, she is doing well, 'cause I get updates from Krystal. About Granny, she's just having some nausea." 

"Is Sica alright Hyo? I'm ing worried but I can't reach her. This idiot is not answering her phone." 

"Don't be. She is fine. It's just that she has some emotional breakdowns and finding answers to the problems she's struggling with. She's strong. She'll overcome this. Don't worry Taeng."

"I'm sorry but at least, can you tell me what's up with her lately?" As she asked she could hear that Hyoyeon exhaled a long breath. 

"Meet me in person, I'll tell you."

"Sure."

 

-

 

"What is this?"

Taeyeon looked baffeled when Hyoyeon handed over her an envelope. They were meeting at a nearby coffee shop since Taeyeon was asked to. 

She kept the envelope near Taeyeons reach and started explaining. "Taeyeon I dunno if Jessica had told you about this but she has a major problem within her family. Which is very sickening to know." 

"She has not talked about anything regarding her parents but Krystal. I mean I know her father but..." Taeyeon wanted Hyoyeon to continue.

"It's not like what you think." 

"Then what is it? I wanna know that. If I could help her I wanna do it with my life so just tell me, please." Taeyeon's generosity made Hyoyeon happy because she guranteed that Jessica has caught the right fish in the sea and in the future there's nothing to regret about.

"Jessica has another sister apart from Krystal. You know that?" Finally she said it. The older girl was looking weirdly trying to recall. "Uh, as long as I've known, Sica had not tell me anything about..." 

Taeyeon's mind kept wondering. She wanted to be sure if she clearly was told anything by Jessica. But no. Nothing came to her mind except a visual. A visual of three girls hugging each other. She could recognize the two look alike siblings yet the one she saw with a black hair on that picture was not one of the twins.

"...Wait. I think I have seen her."

"You have?" 

"It was this one time I visited Sica and there was a wall-hanging of three girls. I think the other girl I saw is the one you are telling me about."

Hyoyeon passed the envelope to the girl in front of her. "Since you have an imagery just read this when you have time."

Taeyeon nodded.

"This girl was a douchebag to Jessica. Well, it's how Jessica says but personally I think she had troubles that she was fighting against herself. She happened to have a close relationship with Jessica's father, means this girl's step-dad. Jess had caught her having too much intimacy with her father someday and was pissed off with her. She ended up treating her like garbage and kicking her out of the house."

"Y-You mean this girl? As in she had an affair with her step-dad?"

"Something like that. You know Taeyeon, how could a child bear the pain when her own father is acting like a stupid pimp? It's terribly upsetting."

Taeyeon rubbed her forehead trying to digest what Hyoyeon said. She had no clue how Jessica was feeling. Finally she got to know about the matter in detail. 

"The envelope I gave you is a copy of an article about her." 

"An article?" 

"Yeah, she is starring in a new musical called 'I Just Wanna Dance'. It's about that."

Taeyeon choked a bit. Jessica's sister? She knew about the musical. It was what Yoona was talking about when she met her last and it was Taecyeon's sister JiHyen's new production. She knew about it. What made her confused was how Jessica's was in this? 

"Oh, I see." Her voice sounded alarmed.

"She's playing the lead role. Cast members are also there." 

"Are you serious? How-"

"Of course I am serious. It's all over the internet too."

"What's her name?" For an assurance she decided to know.

"Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang." 

"What the ?" Taeyeon's scream got louder unintentionally where all the customers in the shop were watching their direction. Hyoyeon who was dumbfounded at the situation looked at Taeyeon with a surprised look on her face.

On the other hand, Taeyeon had a major shock after hearing that certain name. Tiffany Hwang was the girl that her best friend related with. She was the only girl that came across Yoona's mind for a long time. Because of her, her friend got sick. Because of her, she was accused for false prejudice. How on earth this was even possible? 

Taeyeon could remember Yoona's unconscious smile that lingered time to time whenever she mentioned Tiffany's name and how happy the latter was to spend time with. Reminising everything She left a sigh. She had no idea if she should know this and tell Yoona. Because this was all about her best friend but in a side her girlfriend was in it too. She couldn't choose.

While the older girl was spacing out and pondering, Hyoyeon answered the incoming call from her brother.

"Yeah, sure oppa. I'll come. Okay. Bye." 

Looking at Taeyeon Hyoyeon softly called. "Taeng?" 

No answer.

"Taeng?" 

Not at all.

"Taeyeon?" She tapped Taeyeon's hand a bit firmly. 

Finally escaping from the zone, Taeyeon met Hyoyeon's eyes who was already standing before her. She saw the bill in her hand. The latter had paid it. 

"I've gotta go Taeng. Go home safely. See you soon." 

Taeyeon was still staring. Hyoyeon didn't know what was wrong with her but she knew this girl was lost. 

"Taeng, you okay? Look, I've got to go. My brother called me just now and asked for me. You should go home now okay? Text me when you go home. " She continued. "I already cleared the payment. So do not worry about that. See you Taeng. Let me know when you go home. I have to run." Hyoyeon tapped Taeyeon's back after leaving the place.

Taeyeon was not paying attention to anything. Her gaze directed to the envelope on the table. Taking it she took out the paper article. Just like Hyoyeon mentioned she saw the cast of the JiHyen's new musical.

She realized what Yoona said after meeting Taeyeon the other day.

-

"It's fishy that she's hiding something from me." Yoona said fidgeting her long slim fingers together. 

Taeyeon saw Yoona was off. Keeping the newspaper on the table she listened. "You think so?" 

Yoona nodded.

"Did she look suspicious?" 

"It's not, it's not that." Yoona sturggled to speak. "I dunno. It was very weird when I got in. Taecyeon just ran inside when I came and Unnie came a bit late. But fine, let's say that was okay. But, but why unnie didn't tell me about the cast members? She usually tells me if she does a new production so t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter