Chapter 16

Drunk In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 16

6 p.m.

Taeyeon tapped her feet to a rhythm, leaning against her posh BMW. Moving her eyes from time to time to her watch and at the entrance of the Southside Parlor, she waited. 30 minutes went still, she waited. Waiting for Jessica to come out from the building. The girl was supposing to bring the latter somewhere but Jessica was too late after all.

Some buzzes could be heard when Taeyeon saw Jessica, Hyoyeon and their manager walking outside chatting about something in a hurry.  He bid a goodbye to the two ladies and waved back when he saw Taeyeon. 

Hyoyeon and Jessica reached to Taeyeon with a smile on their faces. At first place, Hyoyeon prepared to leave since the rest of the girls planning to have a private session for them. 

"Hi Taeyeon. Here's your monarch. Sica was dreaming all day to go out with you." She said earning a smack from Jessica, who was blushing. 

Taeyeon's smug smile covered her face. "Same here. I was actually waiting here for half an hour already." When Taeyeon said, Jessica's smile faded. The older girl had wasted her time, just for the younger one to finish her work.

"Shoot! Guess we are too late. We are so--" Hyoyeon said with a worried look but cut off shortly.

"It's fine. I just came early. So, no sweats." She smiled. 

In a rush, Hyoyeon took out her cell phone and checked the time. "Oh my god. Guys, gotta go! See you tomorrow as usual." 

Jessica looked panicked and looked at her best friend. "Hyo, why leaving already? It's too early." 

Taeyeon also joined with Jessica. "Yes, I thought you are going to go with us." 

"Actually, Taeyeon I promised my brother that I'm gonna be home soon today. It's my granny's birthday..so, I have to get ready with that and all. You know." Hyoyeon beamed an innocent smile.

"Really Hyo, you didn't even tell me?" Jessica pouted. "How old?" 

"Well, five more for a century."

Jessica abruptly hugged her friend and bid her a farewell. "Oh! Say 'happy birthday' from me too! Hope she will have a great day and see you tomorrow Hyo. I'll text you tonight." She uttered with a joy like a kid. Hyoyeon nodded and Taeyeon also gave a cheek-to-cheek farewell and wished her grandmother a happy birthday.

"You too. Have fun." The blonde said looking at the two girls in front of her. "I hope you guys gonna figure the things out."

After waving each other goodbyes, Taeyeon and Jessica was there standing awkwardly. Jessica on the other hand blushed when Taeyeon took her hand and muttered. "Let's go." 

 

 

-

 

 

Tiffany took a sip from her coffee. The coffee she just received from the barista in the coffee shop. 

"What are you up to Yoong?" 

She asked with a nervous tone which made Yoona to switch into the reality. Since from the start, Tiffany was not sure about why Yoona suddenly asked her to come yesterday but she assumed it must be something important for her.

Yoona rested her chin on both of her back of the palms, fidgeted together. She sighed.

"I..It's just..nothing. I miss you Fany." She mumbled. She didn't know how to bring the topic up to her. Tiffany sighed after hearing her lame reply.

"Yoong, you were constantly asking me yesterday if I could meet you today. I said yes and came here all by myself just to meet you. And now you are just saying that you missed me? You can always drop by our apartment, if you miss me that much?" Her brows twitched. "What's the matter really?" 

Yoona did not know how to begin. All this time, she kept her secret. Except for Nari, Yoona didn't dare to speak about Tiffany in front of her parents. Because she thought they need not to know about her. But her fate met with a surprise when she was almost caught by Woosung and her fiancé. She couldn't believe how a person could be this attentive about a specific. At the same time, she knew, Woosung or Kyuhyun never were the easy type of people to handle. Because they had power and money and they were willingly offered their support for any kind of a crucial thing. 

Though, Woosung had been a good brother-in-low to her. Years after when he got married to her sister, he taught Yoona about business while she was attending college with Taeyeon. Even, Taeyeon never felt bad about him since he was Nari's husband as well as Yoona's brother. The point was how badly he observed people. Yoona obsereved from a distance, how attentive he looked around her wife. He loved her. So, that's an exception. But, he always was the one to be serious about everything. He easily got angry over every small thing. He wanted everything to be perfect. To the point that the workers in his office must have their proper attire when they report for their duties. He was handling a company that related to industry of food. Obviously, he hoped for a cleaner and better surrounding of people. 

Also, Tiffany actually didn't have the idea of what she was applying for. Well, she needed a job. That was it. She didn't mind if it's a janitor post, if only the salary is good enough for her living. She came to know about the job vacancy from a popular newspaper as she saw they hired applicants for sales managing and accountant posts. To her luck, she was able to fill up the application and email to the required company. Tiffany was happy. She knew she was finally coming out from her dark nightmare. Whenever she recalled how Jessica kicked her out from their house, Tiffany let out a bitter chuckle. Only to remind herself, that she also had a life to spend on her own. She did not hate Jessica somehow. She was thankful for her to let her come out from that hell. Set her free from the man she was being used by. She was thankful for her. Krystal on the other hand, talked to Tiffany most of the time. Though, Jessica caught some times when checked her missed calls, she shrugged it off. Jessica knew Krystal missed Tiffany and even though, she would stop her behavior Krystal was not going to oblige.

Yoona looked Tiffany with a straight look.  "Don't go." She said. Tiffany was dumbfounded. 

"What?" The elder questioned.

Yoona sighed and slapped her hands on the table. "I said, don't go." She said.

"What do you mean by don't go, Yoong?" 

"For that interview. Don't go, for that interview." 

Tiffany raised her brows in frustration. "Why?"

Yoona was getting irritated as much as she wanted Tiffany to say, Yes. But she was not. "Just do what I say, Fany. Don't go for that." 

"Yoong, please tell me what's wrong? I don't know why you are telling me this." 

"The interview is not going to be your savior, Fany. It will ruin your life. If you get the job, it's not going to be easy for you."

"H..How an interview gonna ruin my life, when it's the first step to your career?"

"Yes, I agree but this...this doesn't suit you. I swear Fany. Please don't go for that. You are going to be in a big trouble." 

"Yoong, please calm down first. I can understand you have something to tell me but...but...just relax first. You looked so anxious since yesterday." 

Tiffany held Yoona's hand and placed the coffee in her palms. "Now, drink a little and calm yourself down. After, tell me what happened. hmm?" She said tapping Yoona's hands for a moment. Yoona slurped her coffee and placed in on the table. She was messed. Her mind was messed. 

Yoona let out a heavy sigh before digging into the explanation. "I-It's just..."She committed to say. 

"Yes?" Tiffany carried.

"It's that...Kyuhyun already knows about...about us."

"Kyuhyun as in?"

"M-My fiancé." 

Tiffany gulped her saliva as she felt something stuck on . She did not know why.

"Oh?" Was only she could say.

"I don't know Fany how to say this but...-- from where should I start?" 

"Yoona relax."

Yoona nodded.

"Yesterday I met him. We talked about someone and it was you." 

"Me?" 

"Yes Fany, you. I did not know how to answer his questions, I was so irritated. Because of the fact he insulted you. He said many things about us. I feel ashamed Fany. He just accused us being in a relationship. As in...you know. I mean..--"

"Y-Y-Yeah, I..I get it. Go on." 

"After all, he brought up this ty topic that I helped you because of this relationship I have with you and...and I'm not sure what he will gonna do next." 

Tiffany looked emotionless. What was she even talking about? Of course Tiffany was feeling something for Yoona. But she was not sure if it was love or a crush. It's just felt weird and she did not want to interfere Yoona's life. She never expected that. 

"H-How they knew about this?" Tiffany asked with scared yet a unfamiliar voice.

Yoona stared at her. "The job you applied for was for an..an accountant post right?" Tiffany nodded. "You have applied for a job at my br-brother-in-low's company. Choi food Co-operations, if you have heard.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter