Chapter 5

Pink Roses

[HYOMIN’S POV]

 

“When will we work on our assigned chapter?” a soft and quiet voice awakened me from my nap.

 

 

I slowly lifted up my head, checking who it was. That innocent look appeared on my sight again; with her cold look I could barely see the kindness in her. She was an isolated one with her mask covering her true self and showing that cold-hearted one on her instead. I don’t know why she hid those charming one or maybe she doesn’t feel like making any friends in school.

 

 

Thinking about her recent actions and words, I observed she’s a good one. Same as what she had genuinely told me that day, and I could tell she is.

 

 

“I’m usually free after school. But I can’t right now since we got a lot of assignments.”

 

“How about tomorrow?” she asked, flipping her long brown hair a bit.

 

 

I looked on her eyes, judging it again. I noticed she was glaring at me - nope, not literally at me. She was staring at my little red bruised left cheek, and I could see that. Seems like she was a bit concern by looking at her acting like that, having that uncomfortable gesture on her made me think she kept on asking stuff rapidly in her mind. I should’ve putted some band aid though, I don’t want to get those gaze like she got.

 

 

“Saturday would be fine, we could continue it on Sunday after.” I mumbled.

 

“Tomorrow afternoon. I kinda busy on morning.” she sat on her chair after turning it in front of me.

 

“I’ve been reading some important parts in the chapter, and I wonder if we could split those into two and have it as each.”

 

 

Jiyeon raised her brows, thought she was going to shrug but then a deep sigh came out. I don’t think there’s any problem between my words?

 

 

“Why don’t we study it together? I’ll take that part which you mentioned afterwards.” she said boastfully.

 

 

It’s a great idea after all.

 

 

“Okay.”

 

 

Having a deep dream between the silences of a closed room when a sudden vibrates that I could feel from my pocket led me to open my eyes quick. I rose from where I was on, sitting on a corner of the library. Piled books were on my side and numbers of pages could be seen as it wasn’t closed. I checked my phone that – was still vibrating. As usual it’s the same name would appear whenever I don’t get home at this kind of hour. It was my mom, calling me. And it was a hundred times already.

 

 

I didn’t bother to tap the answer nor the reject button. I just let it be. I was thinking about on how many times I treated her this way; which was – an improper way or in a disrespectful way. No, I wasn’t sure about that. I respected her but there are things she made me not to. I wanted to ask her those questions that I was keeping in, but I’m pretty sure she would give me her smile and tell me it’s alright.

 

 

I hated the way she smiles at me because I know deep inside she’s vulnerable and broken into pieces.

 

 

I sigh. There are even no lights in the library. Nobody was in the room except for me, having this feeling I got locked up without a notice. I glared on my wrist watch and figure it was almost 9 in the evening. Gasp. Did I sleep that much?

 

 

And no one even notice me sleeping at a secret corner…

 

 

I turned my head on each side, slowly picking up the books I was reading all the time. I placed them back in the bookshelves and grab my backpack for departure. Turning on my phone to make a light for the path I was on.  I don’t even know if the exit door’s still open, I’ll get to pass on the window if it is. Luckily I found this one window wide opened and I did make my exit without a doubt. Right now all I need to do is to leave from this place – like no one should get notice.

 

 

Taking these quiet steps but rapid; still thinking on which way to go. The fact that I was a transferee made me worried since I don’t know the exact path on where to go and a safe to take. I feel like I was a part of a horror movie with this unwanted intense feeling, passing through the empty and dark classrooms.

 

 

As I was busy scurrying around, I decided to take this left way adjacent to the gate in front instead of straightly through it. I was on the ground floor right now but taking my steps back when a body guard made his way to the guard’s house. I would’ve got caught if I continued. I paused after I squat, sneaking up through the window.

 

 

Waiting right in front of the gate is not a good idea, so I did continue and find some other possible ways I could. But a sudden bumped on someone which could lead me to a crisis moment; a very thrilled one which I couldn’t forgive her for doing that.

 

 

And we end up both fell on the ground.

 

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t see you.” she whispered afraid some body guards might hear her.

 

 

Though it was so dark around us, I could clearly see her terrified facial. I know this girl; of course I knew her voice so well.

 

 

“Jiyeon?” I uttered.

 

 

She helped herself up, trying to recognize me clearly.

 

 

“Hyomin?”

 

 

I kept on taking my rush steps and did ignore her. I don’t want to accompany her right now honestly.

 

 

“Wait for me..” she followed me unexpectedly, wonder what she was doing here.

 

 

 

Silence followed after. Didn’t have enough time to talk like who would with this current situation? We went on the corner left side of the building, still targeting the front gate but body guards were pacing. I don’t know why but somehow, I felt nervous.

 

 

“Do you know we’ll get detention if ever they’ll catch us?” Jiyeon calmly stated.

 

“And?”

 

“Just for you to know” then an awkward laugh happened “what were you doing anyway?”

 

“None of your business.” I hesitantly answered.

 

 

A flash of light could be seen, footsteps could be heard. I slowly checked on who it was and – it was no other than the school body guard; roaming around the school building. Bet he was checking the classrooms individually, and I can’t let him catch us.

 

 

“Maybe we could go straight towards the gate. We’ll make it as soon as we run fast.”

 

“Are you nuts? Are you trying to get us caught?” my respond were a bit rude.

 

“It was just a suggestion.”

 

 

But how should I not with her dangerous idea?

 

 

“Anyone out there?” a loud manly voice echoed the entire building.

 

 

We both pause. And I was thinking things deeply alone. It’s too mainstream to get caught and run to where ever safety places and I’m 100% sure it would happen to us. But we need a right timing, we needed a right one.

 

 

I checked on the side window, and an idea comes in my mind.

 

 

“If I’ll say run, you need to run.”

 

“What run?” she asked wondering.

 

“Just do what I say so.”

 

 

It was our dead end already. The windows in front of us were close, and an open door could be seen right in front. I’m sure the body guard was having his way right here, could’ve heard his footsteps though.

 

 

But after a couple of minutes, the footsteps faded away. Now only night’s noise could be heard.

 

 

“Let’s go.”

 

 

I looked on Jiyeon who was behind me all the time. The body guard’s gone to the other side, hovering his flash light. We made our way to the back of the building we’re in, couldn’t believe we only had one choice right now. To climb on the wall, well it happens to me all the time.

 

 

“Are you crazy?” Jiyeon complained, of course she would.

 

“Then save yourself up.” I meekly said.

 

 

Looking for a good spot to climb on, I glimpse on Jiyeon who was still standing right there silently. I feel like it’s her first time or whatsoever she might feel about it.

 

 

I climbed slowly and set myself free from this risky feeling though I know I’m in danger doing this.

 

 

“Hey!”

 

 

Oh boy!

 

 

“What are you two doing!” then a shout release after.

 

 

I looked on him and quickly climbed on top. I was about to jump off but I remember this isolated girl was still there waiting for me. I should let her climb too if she wanted to get safe.

 

 

“Wait!” Jiyeon started to climb, almost fell.

 

 

Side-eyeing the body guards and I kept on saying to Jiyeon to hurry. Thankfully they won’t recognize us since it’s already 9 in the evening. We’re in the dark.

 

 

“Take my hand.” I lend her my hand, giving some support.

 

 

And she looked on me with that cold look again. Though I could see she’s afraid but why the hell is she staring at me like that?

 

 

“Come on hurry!” I blurted out.

 

 

 

Thank goodness we made it! The body guards, I bet they were still chasing; so we did run through several minutes till we reach at a bus stop.  I sat on the chair, catching my breath. The brunette did the same thing too, leaning her head on the side. I find it ridiculous but interesting at the same time, we’re still student doing crazy stuff at school. Everyone does.

 

 

“You’re cool.” Jiyeon spoke out, stretching her legs.

 

“I’m not.”

 

 

An awkward silence happened for a while; I don’t know why if we’re together.

 

 

“Thanks.” the brunette smiled at me, but a charming one this time.

 

 

I looked on her, and see this different side of her that I thought she was. A warm and a cheerful one.

 

 

Seeing her smiling like that, I did smiled one as a reply.

 

~~~

 

Author's note: Chapter 5 is here! Hope you'll enjoy! ~