Chapter 15

Pink Roses

From: Hyomin

I’m at a park. Chillin’ after practice.

Why ask?

 

My lips curved upwards after receiving a reply from her. I asked her where she is since my practice with Boram ended – well, unfortunately it went well. Though some of those steps I couldn’t follow instantly and so to my partner, our practice ended well after such a 3 minute dance steps. We’re in a dance practice studio since school’s going to close soon and dance club members’ are on a rest today, and Boram did asked permission to our dearly principal if we could practice for 3 days just for the sake of our presentation next week. Gladly she accepted it without any possible reasons we couldn’t.

 

“We made a great job! Hope we’ll do well for tomorrow’s too.” the midget took the bottled water beside and slightly squat beside me.

 

“You’re good in dancing, that’s impressive.” I complimented, well I would, panting.

 

“Nah, truly I dance at my house for 2 hours every weekend. Just to get this belly fat I have after eating heavy meals.” she giggled.

 

“Really?”

 

“It wasn’t that ‘shocking’,” she retorted “but thanks.”

 

“My pleasure.”

 

I smiled looking at my phone’s screen again. I didn’t know we would come up as a great team. All I thought was Boram really suited to get partnered with her best friend Eunjung since they both comfortable for each other, but I guess I was wrong. This short girl is sometimes funny and sometimes awkward at the same time.

 

“Don’t you want to go home yet? It’s almost 6pm already..” the shorter one check on the time, packing all her stuff and ready to go, “the guards will be here soon.”

 

“Go on ahead, have to rest a bit here for a minute.” I smiled at her, but for a short time.

 

“Okay then. See you tomorrow.” Boram waved her hands on me as a goodbye.

 

And so I was all alone here, squatting while pressing those letters on my phone’s screen.

 

To: Hyomin

I’ll be there.

Please wait >ㅅ<

 

Rushing, I packed all my things up as soon as Hyomin replied with her ‘okay’ to me. I walked through some empty classrooms as the guards turned its lights off. I put my phone in my pocket, wearing this smile I have the entire day.

 

I was all ready to ditch school; I cannot wait to see Hyomin and to talk to her even if it’s just for a short period of time. Feelings like this is somehow confusing – you get flattered, you get excited and nervous every time I heard her name and see her coming towards me. I get this feeling of wanting to see her though I could at school. And now that she left from home, and I don’t have an idea on where did she moved, it makes me want to be by her side every day, every little single day of my life, and I don’t know whether I’m being selfish or so.

 

Am I being one or…

 

♫ 가슴이 너무나 아파서

My heart hurts so much

끝내 눈물 날 것만 같아서

That I think I’ll end up tearing up

우리 사랑이 끝났다는 걸

That our love has finished

말로 할 수가 없는 걸
I’m not able to say it ♫

(Author’s note: The song is What Should We Finish by our lovable Park Soyeon ^^)

 

A mournful lyrics could be heard, it’s like this voice were dominating the silence of the building. With such familiar, beautiful and sorrowful vocal, I couldn’t help but stop that now I found the singer who sang in despair standing on a small stage in a studio room where music club members’ would practice.

 

이 말밖에 못해 미안해

I’m sorry that I can’t say anything but this

지켜주지 못해서 미안해

I’m sorry that I couldn’t protect you

우리 사랑을 그 약속들을

Our love Those promises

놓아버려서 미안해

I let go of them I’m sorry

 

Soyeon is such a talented and wonderful person, I only can admire. But the emotion shown on her facial wasn’t for the song anymore – yeah I know the song is somewhat like heartbroken one but all I could see from her right now is so much relating to the song. Who wouldn't thought about this? I saw her bead of tears fall from her eyes, and I know exactly that she’s lonely and in pain.

 

“Because…” now the cuter sobs, trying to continue the song, “because I can’t bear to say goodbye..”

 

And that now, she cried silently.

 

I was standing here in front of the glass door, watching her covering her face with her both palms. I couldn’t do anything and I feel like I don’t want to do anything. As if I can make her calm, as if I was a special person to her. As if I was her friend, who can lean her shoulder on whenever she needed it the most. But I am here standing, as I slowly opened the glass door and walked towards her – that I don’t want to do anything but to hug a broken person like her.

 

“S-soyeon?” I called, but she didn’t turn her head on me.

 

Letting out a big sigh as I looked down, hiding my both hands in my warm jacket’s pocket.

 

“Sorry to intrude, but I heard you cried and,” I paused seeing her looking at me, “and..”

 

“And?”

 

The cuter wiped her tears, picking up the microphone while she turned it off. She looked like she isn’t interested in me standing here in front, and I find myself so useless this time.

 

“I just feel like wanted to help you up, but it seems like I don’t have the right to.” I reasoned.

 

“Ooh..” she smiled, she did? “I was touched too much to the song that I end tearing up,” then wrinkled her cute nose.

 

“Is that so..?” I tilt my head, blinking my eyes twice and looked on her again.

 

“School’s going to close soon, aren’t you going to go out?” Soyeon asked,

 

“Oh yeah I was about to go.” I replied.

 

Soyeon smiled again; turning off all the music equipment she had used for practice. I noticed her moves were being weak, so I decided to ask a question that I regretted to afterwards.

 

“Is Qri not with you today?”

 

Now the cuter paused from what she’s currently doing, and for that I slapped myself through my mind.

 

“You know her?” she asked me.

 

Gulping, I couldn’t lie though.

 

“Uhmm, kind of.” then I laugh creepily. “You two were close together, aren’t you?” then I glance at her, observing her reaction.

 

“I guess I have to go.” she converse, changing topic “you should too; guards will ask you tons of questions if you stay here late.”

 

Soyeon packed all her things up, and lastly took her phone from the table with a bunny accessory hanging. I look at her strolling away, and I noticed something on the table left behind – it was a pink rose, and I knew it was from mine.

 

“Is this pink rose…from your’s?” I asked quickly took it out and followed her, “beautiful roses like this aren’t supposed to be in a dark room l – “

 

“Someone gave it, please throw it for me.”

 

Throw it? But why…

 

“Why? Aren’t you supposed to bring – “

 

“No.”

 

“I don’t want to remember how we end up fought because of that.”

 

That somehow made me think I was a burden to their relationship.

 

~~~

 

I called a taxi after ditching from school, on my way to the place where someone is waiting. Holding this pink rose I had, I couldn’t think less since my mind is in chaos right now. Whether its love or after all a sympathy, that I don’t even know whether to choose from those or not at all since it’s still useless. I was reminiscing feelings and flattering moments within that two years – that every time I see her, listen to her songs, and just a glimpse of her made my heart beats like crazy, and that I was so in love that time that I don’t even care time passes so fast as long as I could see her doing well every day and support her no matter what.

 

Purchased pink rose every early morning and trying my really best to not get caught in school; stalk her through SNS and all. She was my inspiration that I pursued doing well at school, even though I didn’t did well at all, and that she was once my light that brightens my life, and that she can make me smile whenever I’m at my worst or so.

 

Who would’ve thought all these things I did before till now, all those feelings I had for her, as time passes by, it all slowly faded away?

 

All those warm feeling I might felt with her by her side, the excitements, the blushed cheeks on me, I couldn’t feel it anymore.

 

Yes, I am saying, in fact, I’m sadly not in love with Soyeon anymore.

 

And that all of those, strangely I can now feel it whenever I’m with someone else – someone who made me more happy, and someone who understand me with all the worries I had in life.

 

And that someone is here, sitting on a bench as she was playing with her phone waiting for me. Such a wonderful feeling I wouldn’t want to end.

 

“Sorry I took too long.” my lips curved upwards, standing in front of her.

 

“It’s okay.”

 

I sit next to her; don’t know how to start a conversation because I’m ashamed she’ll end up get bored since I’m a boring person. But to be by her side sitting like this next to her, is more than words I couldn’t explain. That I really just wanted to see her and feeling her presence, that’s all.

 

“How’s practice? I heard from Eunjung you two did well,” she started.

 

“Yeah,” I nodded “somehow it ended well. I didn’t expect that, though.” then I laughed.

 

The brunette glanced at me, her eyes were sparkling that I don’t want to resist but I can’t. Right then her furrowed brows came out all of a sudden, looking at my hands holding something I know she would get confused or wonder.

 

“Pink rose?” Hyomin now asked,

 

I looked down, feeling the burden in me again.

 

“Soyeon told me to throw it away,” I convey, heaving a sigh, “I think she find it a burden.”

 

“Why? Did she already know?”

 

“Nope. I think they’d fought because of this.”

 

I can hear Hyomin’s sigh, of course she was beside me. I was looking at this poor pink rose that got rejected for the first time in two years now. I don’t want to throw it away, it’s such a waste. But I don’t think Soyeon will ever treasure all those pink roses I had sent to her, I think she’ll end up throw it too since all roses wither.

 

“I’ll have it then.” Hyomin broke the silence, grab the pink rose from mine.

 

“Eh?” I looked on her with this confused look.

 

“She wanted to throw it away, and it seems like you wanted it too.” she utter in concern, “and please don’t worry.”

 

“No, you shouldn’t worry.” I reasoned, wanting to tell her the truth, “there’s nothing to worry. I’m okay, I don’t – “

 

A warm and a nice embrace can now be felt on me – I know she was trying to make me feel okay after hearing that, but all those things I wanted to tell to Hyomin all faded away just like that.

 

Who wouldn’t get speechless about someone you treasure hugging you like this? All of a sudden.

 

“I’ll be here.”

 

I closed my eyes and hug her back. All the noise from others, from the night or whatsoever, I couldn’t hear those anymore. All I hear is my beating heart that pounds crazily that I don’t even know whether Hyomin felt it too. I want this warm forever; I want her voice to whisper on me and feel these blushed cheeks and fluttering feelings. I want all those to get last, for tonight.

 

Hyomin, this is all your fault.

 

“I’m hungry, let’s grab some dinner.” Hyomin smiled; slowly standing as she held her hand on me –

 

I stared at her, and all those words echoed in my mind made me so happy and wonder.

 

I think I like you.

 

~~~

Author's note: Comment your thoughts ^^ it'll make me inspired kukuk