Chapter 31

Pink Roses

Author’s note: Hi everyone! It’s been a long time since I updated this fic (more likely almost a year?). I don’t know if you still remember this fic and its story line or whatnot, (or probably you don’t remember it anymore) but I am here again, updating it for so long. Aannndddd I’m so sorry for it TT.

This chapter has been stock for months now and didn’t have the courage to finish it but now I did! Yay!

I’d like also to thank you all for the comments and for subscribing this fic even though it felt like the author is dead already(because didn’t update for a long time) and you probably think otherwise hahahahaha.

So here it is! Hope you’ll enjoy it and will update as well, as soon as I can.

 

[JIYEON’S POV]

I slowly open my eyes after hearing the sounds from a machine. I don’t remember what happened but I’m sure I was saving Hyomin’s life causing for me to land on the ground from the car’s impact. Ah, I saw her worried and terrified expression before I passed out that made me worried. That night, I made her cry again.

 

“Oww..” I grunt when I slowly get up from my bed, putting my right hand on my head and noticed that there’s a bandage too.

 

Yeah, I was injured. My right leg wrapped with a cast and I could now feel the pain from the incident that night.

 

“You’re awake..” a small and concerned sound could be heard, making me lift my head a bit and turn to someone who’s at the left side sitting,

 

“Mom, I’m sorry…”

 

“Why are you sorry? The important thing is you’re now okay.” she smiled, giving me reassurance that everything will be okay, “and please be careful next time.” she then added.

 

I laughed a little and wondered where she is. So I ask mom about what happened after.

 

“Hyomin said you got hit by a car. I don’t know if it’s an accident but the police are currently looking for them.”

 

“I see. But where is she?”

 

“That kid. She’s blaming herself for what happened.” mom sighed.

 

My mom told me Hyomin’s fine. She also got scratches on her hands and getting healed by nurses too. She was trembling when she called them and was really scared. Hyomin couldn’t even say a word after we reached in the hospital – about what exactly happened and why I am here however,  later on told them about it when she felt calm.

 

“She’s at the next door.” finally she answered.

 

I wanted to go and visit Hyomin but mom insist to let me just rest. She also told me that Hyomin’s sleeping too since she’s been awake for like 23 hours waiting for me to wake up. Mom also told me that I have slept for a day and a half.

 

I lied down again and heave a very deep sigh. I feel relief that she’s okay. Maybe visiting her later will do since I know she’s tired from that night too. Mom also mentioned that she’s been gaping at me for hours – holding my hand as her sobs echoed the room.

 

“Honey?”

 

Dad entered the room with his awful look. My mom immediately confronted him because she knows how bad dad would be if he’s mad.

 

“Don’t stress yourself too much. They are doing their job to find them.”

 

He can only furrow his brows as well as his lips, indicating he’s really mad that could make him cry later on.

 

“Jiyeon,” dad called, “I’m happy that you’re now awake.” then smiled as if he hasn’t show any concern look earlier.

 

“Remember I’m your daughter,” I chuckled to lighten up the mood, “I’m strong just like dad”

 

Dad came closer and hugs me slowly. I can really feel his warm love towards me.

 

“You’re still a kid. Please don’t make us worried next time like this.”

 

I smiled and glimpse at mom who did the same thing. I made them worried too much. I don’t think it was an accident since it was obviously on purpose.

 

I can see it right through my eyes. That’s something we should figure out.

 

~~

 

“Jiyeon?”

 

Someone knocked at the door. I was gaping at my phone waiting for someone to call or to leave a message. However, I’m so happy that she came here instead.

 

Hyomin smiled a little and came towards me. Her eyes got swollen and obviously cried last night. I wanted to hug her and tell her I’m okay – mom mentioned that she’s blaming herself and kept on saying that if only she’s more careful. Things like this would never happen.

 

“I brought fruits for you,” then laid the stuff on the table.

 

The brunette grabs a chair not letting a scraping sound and put it beside my bed. She’s gloomy. She won’t even look me in the eye as if she’s guilty for something.

 

“Hey,” I poked her cheek gently, “it’s not your fault. Don’t be like this.”

 

Hyomin sighed – narrowing her eyes on me as she holds my hand tightly.

 

“I was afraid.” her voice was so small I almost couldn’t hear her.

 

“I thought you’ll leave me like that. I don’t want…”

 

“I don’t want that to happen again.”

 

As I tried my best to reach her for embrace, my love immediately burst to tears while bowing her head. Hyomin was so worried too, to think she’s having these negative thoughts in her mind that night. I would act the same for sure – for she don’t want to lose me; as well as I don’t want to lose her. This is why I pushed her away and made myself in danger.

 

She was still weeping while I hug her, I couldn’t find any words to say other than telling it will be okay and that I am okay. Hyomin is so sensitive. She’s been like this since then but after what happened with her family, made her keep all the things to her own and act like it was nothing. That it couldn’t hurt her – which she’s numb enough to not feel the pain.

 

I do not want her to keep it until then. I want her to open up and share what’s bothering her with me so I could help her solve it with her since I wanted it to be that way.

 

I got discharged from the hospital after all the business. The doctor said that it would take 6 to 8 weeks for my leg to recover and so I have to exercise my leg to move and walk as well. Hyomin was there all the time even if she needed rest the most. I couldn’t thank her enough for all the things she had done for me.

 

“I’ll help her get upstairs, Mrs. Park” Hyomin offered as she led me to the ladder to go up when we got home.

 

She gently put my left arm against her shoulder while she took my crutches and be my support. It was hard for me to do so but thankfully she’s here with me, and we made it to my room as she pants since I was, well, heavy of course.

 

“Thank you” I smiled, sitting on my bed as I tapped the empty space beside me indicating for her to sit too.

 

Hyomin placed the crutches aside and sat down next to me. It was quiet again however, it was not awkward.

 

So I came up with an interesting topic so she can at least talk to me calmly and comfortably like before.

 

“What do you plan to do before going to college?”

 

The girl beside me turned her head on me, thinking of things she would love to do before first semester starts.

 

“I think reviewing my course for a little would be great?” she replied,

 

“Ah” I shook my head lightly, “skip reviewing for now please. We can do it later once semester starts.” I begged, with my puppy eyes.

 

Hyomin laughed once she saw my expression. Well, she would always do that.

 

“How about..” I turned around and rummage something in my bag, “we take note for the things we wanted to do?”

 

I hover the pen and look at her – I think she knows what I meant by that.

 

“Wow, that would be interesting.” she nodded in agreement.

 

I excitingly wrote the words ‘To do list’ on my little notebook and look at her while I curved my lips sheepishly.  I wrote the very first thing to do under number one as I giggled a little making her bewildered.

 

“What’s with the laugh?” she asked, furrowing her brows, “please don’t make weird to do list” then added.

 

“Weird things are the best!”

 

Grinning, I made her confused and worried at the same time.

 

“Yah!”

 

I hugged her tightly as Hyomin tries to reach the notebook that’s in my hands. The brunette tried to reach not as she keeps on begging for me to have a peek on the thing I wrote on my notebook.

 

I’m still hovering the notebook as to . Later on, she gave up and just puffed her cheeks without a word.

 

“Fine, go and make it on your own.” but she said in ungrateful way.

 

I giggled seeing her reaction. Not wanting to let her in a bad mood or something, I lend her the notebook so she could read the first thing I wrote on it.

 

Hyomin was gawking at me and a little form of confusion can be seen on her.

 

“Adopt a dog?” she asked, still bewildered, “didn’t know you love dogs too?”

 

“Well,” I cleared my throat, “I may have not mentioned it before but I do love them.” then reasoned out.

 

The lovely girl raised her brows as she was showing agreement with the first thing I wanted to do and have with her. This girl love pets so much I noticed, that last time I recall she would risk her life just to save that poor puppy under the very cold weather that one night. Hyomin then grab the pen and wrote something under number two as well. Right when I read it, I smiled widely or more like sheepishly since I’m really at this.

 

“Let’s cook different meals together.” she read it out loud, as if I didn’t saw it.

 

“If you say so. I’m afraid I will only mess it all up.” then laughs a little embarrassing myself.

 

“You don’t have to worry. You have me.”

 

It was a memorable night knowing Hyomin’s with me of all this time. I was happy to that she settled things with her mom and that she’s letting her moved on and spend the time with her mom as long as she can. Knowing I am seeing the cheerful and lovable Hyomin here tonight, I couldn’t be thankful enough that she allowed herself to be herself again back years ago and showed it to me in front. She’s someone I am proud of, someone who I can believe in and someone who believes in me even when I don’t to myself. Hyomin’s the person I wanted to be with – in times of happiness and sadness. She’s someone I can tell all the rants I had or complaints and get happy after with her word of advice.

 

Hyomin is someone I couldn’t afford to lose. No, not that I couldn’t afford to lose her but I love her so much that I don’t want it to happen.

 

“Hyomin..”

 

“Hmm?”

 

I whispered to her ear as I patted her hair since were cuddling in bed. I wanted to say these things to her about how happy I am having her into my life.

 

“You know how much I love you, right?”

 

Though I’m used to be being by her side, I could still not hide the blush cheeks I get when I get serious to her. Ah, I always get shy whenever I did.

 

“Of course. Why?” the brunette replied.

 

I was going to say the thoughts that were in my mind recently but Hyomin’s lovable gaze at me could melt my heart and made me stared at her back. I don’t know, the butterflies in my stomach and the warm feeling I get knowing she’s looking at me back, making me speechless and could do nothing but to kiss her forehead and hug her tightly.

 

“Just..” I tried to explain but failed, “no matter what happens, I don’t want to lose you.”

 

Hyomin broke our hug and stared at me again. Leaning towards me slowly as she captured my lips made my heart beats hastily and blush Jiyeon could only be seen.

 

“Me too. No matter what happens,”

 

“I will not leave you.” she reciprocates.

 

Those things were the things I wanted to be felt and to happen the most. The words that came out from and the warm feeling we get while we’re together, those were the things I wanted to do with her while I’m still alive.

 

The things we listed to do and the love we felt, those happened 10 years ago – because my love, Hyomin, left me with a wounded heart.

 

She told me that she doesn’t feel the same anymore. She said that she no longer want to do it with me anymore – the things listed on my notebook, she no longer longed for it anymore and those weren’t granted. It was all left just words and sentences without meaning doing it alone.

 

I don’t know what I’m lacking at. I don’t know what I did wrong.

 

All I did was to love her with all my life and do things together that could make us happy.

 

Is that something wrong?