Chapter 3

Pink Roses

[HYOMIN’S POV]

 

“Don’t worry. I don’t give a damn care about it.” I responded.

 

 

It was the truth. I don’t intrude others businesses. It was theirs and I don’t have the right to cross on it and judge. We are individuals, we live life what we wanted to and cherish it as we have. I only care about two things right now; about me to graduate from this school, get in to a university and a job. It was always be my top priority that I cared a lot and nothing else other than that.

 

 

I went to a small cafeteria after, and of course having my lunch alone. Seems like all of my classmates or schoolmates didn’t dare to say ‘hi’ and welcomed me, I thought someone would but it led me to a disappointment. There’s this one girl who treated me unpleasantly, it actually don’t pisses me off but at least I get a chance to know some with her attitude. This wasn’t exciting, I was just forced to transferred here by my mother. I’ll let her do what she wants, do all the things she wanted me to do. But one thing for sure that she can’t intrude; for me to get a chance to choose what I want sometimes, even though she won’t accept it whole heartedly.

 

 

“Excuse me can I take the empty seat?” someone interrupted my thoughts, making me turned my head on the side.

 

 

I went back and continued digging my chopsticks on my lunch box, ignoring this brunette beside me.

 

 

“I’ll take it then.” and she slides on the empty seat in front.

 

 

 

I didn’t speak up, I don’t want to start a conversation either. Having a lunch alone is better than having with someone whose stranger, it’s so awkward. I was eating peacefully when the moment I lifted my face, I realized she was staring at me. And I don’t know when or how long it was. What is she up to?

 

 

“What?” I uttered.

 

 

The brunette smiled, but not that wide. Putting her cute lunch box on the table as she tries to open it gently, giving me that one look of hers. I didn’t bother to think of her motive or whatsoever it is, and I’m sure enough she’ll talk about what I had witnessed earlier.

 

 

“Sorry, I kind of treated you in a wrong way recently.” an apology came out from .

 

 

I let her be, thankful she’d realized that.

 

 

“I’m a good one actually, but people would usually judge me with my gazes, looks and such.” the brunette added “and I guess you’re thoughts were the same too.”

 

“Why are you telling me these things?”

 

“Just wanted to clarify…myself?” then a bitter smile form on her.

 

 

I wanted to say anything about it, but a sigh came out from my mouth instead. I drink the orange juice at the side, gulping it in slowly. It’s way too obvious for her to act like that, like pretend to be friendly in front of me to let my mouth shut about what I knew. But I was different, so maybe telling her things straight up to the point would be a necessity.

 

 

“Did I said don’t worry?” I started, “I don’t spread such things like that or anything else. I don’t even have a time for it, clear?”

 

 

Her gaze changed on me, looking at that cold look of hers made me realize she was right. People would think she’s a cold-hearted one after all.

 

 

“I’m not that kind so I don’t.” I added calmly.

 

“I was just terrified.”

 

“For?”

 

“About that rare thing, aren’t you surprise about that?” the brunette asked, seems like her eyes were asking for help or what.

 

 

Hmmm? She indeed admired that girl a lot.

 

 

“Why would I surprise about it? It’s love after all.” I meekly said.

 

 

 

I packed my lunch box back and prepared my way back to classroom. I didn’t give any glances at her sitting there silently, continuing her unfinished lunch. Grabbed my bag before putting it on behind me, ready to leave this girl who’s quiet all of a sudden.

 

 

 “Hyomin!”

 

 

She shouted, somehow she knows my name. And so I did turn.

 

 

“Thank you.” and a smile could be seen on her.

 

 

Class has ended and I was standing at a bus stop for a minute now. My lessons went well today and so to some quizzes our teacher gave. Although I didn’t study that well for that, but I tried my very best to get that passing mark. I checked on my wrist watch and it was almost 6pm, maybe I had wasted my time roaming around that big mall where I checked some new trend fashion. However, I was enjoying myself for a bit about it.

 

 

For a while now, I was thinking about my mom. About her waiting for me to come home and I’m sure she was preparing for our dinner. I won’t usually knock at the door since it was always unlocked, and I don’t even give some signs I got home either. She would be there sitting on the couch, and would turned her head on me whenever I opened the main door. My mother would expect it would be me, in front of the door, taking slowly steps upstairs without saying a little single word.

 

 

I would just usually take my way straight to my room, and changed my clothes. Right after, I’ll find my courage to face her again while taking that delicious meal I know she’s good at. No conversations, I don’t call it one since she would brag out things on her own. I don’t even exactly know what I felt towards my mom, it’s either I pity her or I wanted her to realize reality and moved on. Mixed emotions are hard to describe, I can’t even tell I didn’t care about her since I don’t take conversations with her.

 

 

Few more steps and I can now stand in front of that unlocked door again. I know she was waiting, because that’s how much she loves me. I know she would give me those smiles, as if everything was still alright, that everything is okay with her.

 

 

I jiggled the door knob, opened the door slowly and a piece of glass attacked on my cheeks on the left side. I figured, it was a thing crashed on the ground more like breaking it by putting so much force, thrown. I was still there standing bravely even though I could feel my trembling and shaky hands making a fist.

 

 

They fought again, and I know my dad came home again and blurt out things he only knows was right.

 

 

I hated my father a lot.

 

~~~