Chapter 4

Pink Roses

 

As usual I was having this warm breakfast together with my family. I couldn’t take off those happy expressions on me, curving my lips upwards every time. I told my mom about what had happened yesterday, about me having a classmate who seems the one whom I’m looking for. About that transferee who would understand on what I was with what I feel. I didn’t tell everything on my mom though for I couldn’t imagine her expressions, reactions or whatsoever she would say about it. I’ll tell her at a time when everything’s ready, that I could say I’ve grown up that I know what I was doing for all this time.

 

 

Thinking of things like, why would I be happy about her saying ‘she didn’t get surprise’ and ‘its love after all’? from her own mouth? I won’t usually care about people’s words, more onto strangers. Maybe I’d been thankful about it; for her saying those words meekly without a pride. And my instincts were saying I was right, that it’s a right to believe her even though I don’t know her that much.

 

 

I made my way to school through bus and purposely made my way very early for my daily routine. Making sure no one’s going to caught me up again this time round, and making sure this secret I had will always be a secret till I still can. Here I am again, standing shyly with my innocent look putting that light pink rose again to Soyeon’s locker. I added some sweet notes this time, I heard she’d joined this singing contest in school this week.

 

 

As I was thinking and smiling things with my only self, I noticed some footsteps coming towards me. Glad it was Hyomin, I’ll be freak out if it wasn’t her.

 

 

“Good morni--” my words got cut when I saw her side view, beside me.

 

 

This band aid on her left cheek made me pause, so I was planning to ask why.

 

 

“What happened?” I asked that I feel like I cared about her.

 

 

Hyomin won’t give me a reply as usual. But I was still waiting for her to give me some, for at least. I haven’t even realized my hands were pulling its own slowly, tried to reach out her left cheek and tap it. But before that, her angry voice made me stop but not that loud.

 

 

“Don’t touch me.” she spat in anger.

 

 

Her eyes were fixating on me, but I couldn’t see the anger feeling on it. I feel like there’s something bad happened and of course she wouldn’t want me to interrupt nor to know.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I was a little bit concern.” I uttered quietly.

 

“Then you shouldn’t.”

 

 

A deep sigh came out after hearing those from her. I was right, she’s difficult to hang out with.

 

 

I was standing in front of the counter making my orders. Haven’t really thought my lunch box is not enough for me for this meal, as if I never knew that. I ordered some sandwiches though it’s a bit odd since it’s not a right time to eat snacks. I added some beverage too but not the acidic drinks one which my mom told me not to. I surely obeyed her a lot, we even do some work outs together every Saturday or every free time we have. I couldn’t do anything about it to against, but it’s a lot of fun.

 

 

School cafeteria has bunch of kids when it’s lunch hours, couldn’t even take looking at them ordering stuff with their hungry voices. My gaze focused on someone whom I knew; the one who I called a not-easy-to-hang-with type of person. There she was sitting and eating alone, and still her band aid really bothers me a lot. I shook my head lightly, having these guts to take my lunch with her.

 

 

I was a few steps away from her, I observed she noticed me and was giving me that one look again. I didn’t bother it that much, what bothers me is that why do I feel like wanting to be a friend with her?

 

 

A smile form on my facial instead of those unsatisfied one, I actually wanted her to judge me in a right way unlike others had done. Taking my steps up towards her and I wouldn’t mind if she won’t conduct any conversations as long as I have someone to eat with; someone whom understand me, someone who exactly knew what I was and what was my secret.

 

 

“Thank goodness there’s an empty seat!” a midget girl interfered my way, sliding on the empty seat where Hyomin was in front.

 

“You saved me! You’re yet small but terrible.” the tall one laughed, following the midget one.

 

 

The two chuckled while opening their lunch boxes harshly; bet they were really that hungry with their gestures. I scoff looking at them, or should I to myself since I was a bit too slow to take that empty seat?

 

“Jiyeon you should sit on the empty side in front.” the midget one uttered, pointing out the seat beside Hyomin.

 

“You can’t take your lunch if you’ll just go and stand there.” the other added chewing her food.

 

 

Again I looked on Hyomin who’s probably not giving a care about what they’d said. I just then followed what they had told me to, I was going to be with her in the first place anyway.

 

 

“Hey, aren’t you tired of being alone for all these school year, Jiyeon?”

 

“That was I’m going to ask you long time ago.”

 

 

I paused. With my uncomfortable gestures right now, I couldn’t answer them straight away because my eyes were accidentally laid on someone who brightens my life. She was having her meal too with her best friend since I always see them together. Her cute face with her cute lips, the way she smiles made me gone to my delusional thoughts again. So I was in a right spot and now I was thankful that these two sat in front of me.

 

 

“Helloooooowww?” on purposed slowly word made me awakened from my imaginations again. I barely blushed.

 

“Sorry?”

 

“Never mind.”

 

 

The two stared at each other, I wondered they find me that weird or anything else about my recent actions. I just couldn’t help but to neglect people around me whenever I sighted Soyeon.

 

 

“Boram we should have some desserts first before we’ll start our group project, okay?”

 

“I did my part right?”

 

“Hey~ You were just busy with the documentations but you didn’t do anything to help me understand it.” the short haired girl pouted.

 

“I know, I know. Just finish your stuff and I’ll discuss it.” then she goes up and left us.

 

“You midget wait for me!”

 

 

Now silence happened between Hyomin and me after those loud two girls left. They were my classmates and I can recognize them since we’ve been for two years now. Those two were friendly but I don’t exactly know why I don’t hang out with them. Maybe I couldn’t fit on social life; or maybe there’s a problem with me dealing with them.

 

 

“You’re so obvious.”

 

“What?”

 

 

Hyomin packed her lunch up, gulping the same orange juice she had yesterday.

 

 

“If you wanted to keep your secret for a long time, I warned you to stop fantasizing when you’re in a crowd. ” then blurts out.

 

 

Nah, she was right. Maybe I was way too obvious earlier, but I don’t want them to notice it either. It’s kinda dangerous.

 

 

I finished my lunch before Hyomin could go and leave me again. Being by her side is kind of comfortable so I wanted to be with her. Just wanted to make sure she won’t break her promise even though she told me she’s not going to. Still it’s dangerous. I wanted to know her well for that.

 

 

We were having this last subject and lesson for today. I glimpse at my classmates who was forcing their selves not to sleep, widening their eyes while listening to this boring history teacher we had. I almost laughed at Eunjung who was beside me, almost fell on her palms as she slept on it, opened a bit. I tried to focus again onto his lesson but all I could hear was blah blah blah since I don’t have a single idea about it. Damn, why I hated subjects as well as hating my teachers a lot?

 

 

“Since we’re having our exams on the third week in this month, I want you to tackle chapters which you can find in the book for references.” the teacher fixed his big rounded glasses, such a nerd.

 

“I want you to group your selves into two.”

 

 

Ugh. Groupings again. There are many things that would possible to happen or to do, why group ourselves into two? I at social life or even communicating with other people, doing things or projects or task alone was my only option. But I couldn’t go and approach him to cancel it since all of my classmates loves ‘groupings’ a lot. You know, in 5 members there’s only one who would do all the task.

 

 

“Write your group members name on a one-fourth sheet. I’ll wait for that till our sessions over.”

 

 

I rolled my eyes witnessing these happy smiles in front of me. Some of them were getting excited while some were just chilling out chattering stuff with their own world. There’s only one person who comes in my mind and I don’t actually know if she would want me to. Perhaps she’s gotten a team yet or should I ask her if she would?

 

 

“Hyomin.” I turned my head on her, of course she was behind me.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Mind if I ask you to group ourselves up?” I asked mumbled.

 

 

She looked on me, with that the same look again. Is she perhaps an expressionless person or what?

 

 

“Sure. Count me in.” glad she agreed.

 

 

Our teacher had given us our assigned chapters. And I was thankful I have a teammate who’s brilliant as I had remembered. Sigh, I don’t even know what would be the outcome for this.

 

 

~~~

 

Sorry for updating late ┬┬.┬┬ having a lot of trouble of thinking what to do next xD Anyways, what are your thoughts about this fic?(or this chapter?) Thank you for reading and commenting! ^^